Forum › Posts by Nezchan

Nezchan Moderator
Stretch discussion 13 May 19:14
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

So did they skip dating and go directly to marriage or something?

Three cheers for the 'appy couple!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Isn't "shoujo ai" a term created by western fans for softcore/fluffy yuri? While everyone else in Japan calls it yuri/GL collectively?

Yeah, we just finished a multi-page thread on that very topic, and how shoujo ai really isn't a thing.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

http://manga.clone-army.org/viewer.php?series=snax&lang=&page=1

My Shut-In Vampire Princess Bride has a vampire and a knight that are living together and they're so lovey-dovey.

I read it and it seems interesting enough. But wow, is it super confusing in spots. Partly because the art and narrative are both kind of unclear at points so it's hard to tell what's current, what's a flashback, and in general what's going on at all.

Nezchan Moderator
Their Story discussion 13 May 09:33
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Maybe steer this ship back towards the topic, that'd be great.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I don't know that's kinda bringing up the whole "offensive chest" vs "not offensive chest" , not to mention its just a toy and not an actual human being, actually it reminds me of the south park episode where Kyle's little brother hooked up with his teacher No one thinks it's child abuse because it's a female adult with a male kid

To be fair, a lot of people, including me, do think so about your example. Certainly the majority of feminists I know do. But the dominant culture for a long time has pushed the line that it's okay and that sort of thing takes a lot of effort to shift.

Nezchan Moderator
Ato 3-centi discussion 12 May 23:43
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Woah, Yui looks hot after the kiss.

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/ato_3_centi#18

Exactly my thought!

Really cute, though I couldn't help imagining a rampaging Ui when she found out about this...

What would she have a problem with? Her sister's allowed to have friends after all.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

What I don't get is why this is such a big deal, I think all the people who complain about it secretly pre-ordered at least 2. No one mentions Snake because males aren't the same it's only insulting if it's girls! don't you know? ;)

Well, glad you noticed that boys and girls aren't the same. Have you noticed how breasts are treated differently than pecs? And how there's not exactly an even playing field between the owners of same? That's one of those differences.

I didn't know they were "staples" though =O

I normally don't think of staples as soft, but what do I know?

Personally, this doesn't particularly bug me even though it's a bit weird. What does bug me is he dragged out that tired, overused old trope of rape as a strong/driven woman's backstory. It's a refuge of lazy writers, and carries a lot of crappy baggage with it. People talk up Kojima as a great writer, this ain't evidence for it.

Nezchan Moderator
Nanohana discussion 12 May 11:12
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I wonder how many people would freak if we added Arisa x Yuuno and Het tags. :V

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nanohana#25

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

This made me smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gvk1ZRs9IUM

^ Hes the guy behind the Banjo Kazooie music, now making the music for Yooka-Laylee.

I swear, if Yooka-Laylee doesn't contain loads of re-entrant 4-strings in the soundtrack, I'm setting everything on fire.

Nezchan Moderator
Ato 3-centi discussion 11 May 23:16
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well.. ok then...

What? Yui kissed her friend. It's very cute.

Nezchan Moderator
Ato 3-centi discussion 11 May 22:08
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Woah, Yui looks hot after the kiss.

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/ato_3_centi#18

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

death to all

Yeah, that'll be the end of that. Cut it out with this stuff, mm'kay?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

;-; Idk if this is worth the wait of like 2 months per scanlated chapter anymore. I tried, but I officially give up now. Does anyone have the link to the Dropbox with the translated chapters? Thanks in advance.

Yeah, 2 months wait for high quality free entertainment is too much to ask of anyone. How dare those bastards anyway? I've a good mind to cut their salary!

I feel your pain, your painful pain which is more painful pain than the painful pain of others who feel that pain.

last edited at May 11, 2015 10:40AM

Nezchan Moderator
My Beloved discussion 10 May 23:34
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The lesson of this whole series seems pretty hopeful, for all that people whine about Jin's stuff being depressing. From what we've seen so far it comes down to "Even if things are bad or unhappy now, it's not the end of the world and you can still find happiness."

Nezchan Moderator
My Beloved discussion 10 May 23:32
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Ok! New theory: The black haired girl is just /really/ socially awkward and her parents are /really/ conservative, so if they ever find out they'll make them break up. She is, actually, being completely 120% sincere with everything she's saying. She just comes off as a horrible, manipulative, tarpertip because of the main character's own insecurities and her own awkwardness.

This theory makes me much happier than the alternative.

Remember; hope just makes the disappointment all the more crushing :)

Well, we know she's going to end up single, but retain a positive outlook in the end and eventually (maybe, since it's not necessarily confirmed) finds a healthy love. What we don't know is what happens in the middle bit.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Man, you guys are brutal. She's giving as good as she's taking. They are obviously close friends so perhaps you should wait a bit and reserve judgement before handing him the death sentence.

I'm sorry, but you're too late. I've already handed down the Many Punches In the Face sentence. Which is arguably worse.

I do like how Sith is now equivalent to asshole.

Nezchan Moderator
Anime season 10 May 21:43
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

A lot of the concepts in Mushishi are pretty horrible, when you think of them. But it's more of an existential horror rather than an "AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH ZOMBIES!!!!!" sort of horror. Like the flower cave, or the one that's weak to mirrors, for instance.

Personally I love stories like that, with a lot of mystery and takes its time to tell the story. I wish there were more of it.

Nezchan Moderator
My Beloved discussion 10 May 20:57
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

...So this whole book is just going to be a cavalcade of misery, is it? Okay then. Good to know. Next time I see an update, I'll remember to get a drink first.

Welcome to Takemiya Jin.

Well, if you don't count about half of what she's done, at least.

Nezchan Moderator
My Beloved discussion 10 May 17:53
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I think that those who are Bi sexual don't know what they really want .

And I think you're talking out of your arse. Wonder which of us is correct?

Do they want same sex relations or opposite relations , maybe just do as many as they can while their body is still young . this could almost be a form of Nymphomania . I won't judge or speak ill of Bi's , but in regards to this chapter , if a girl told me she was bisexual just before asking me out, I would have said no , no matter how beautiful she may be I cannot date nor have a relationship with someone who doesn't make a solid choice. Sorry if this upsets anyone .

You do realize that almost everything you've said is utterly ridiculous, right? This is a parody of some sort, right?

Nezchan Moderator
My Beloved discussion 10 May 16:24
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

There is only one question after this new chapter... will the black haired girl cheat or break up before ? I bet on the cheating >.>

Back to the good ol' cliché that Bi are cheaters because it's just in their nature.

I cant decide if its better or worse than the "if they are bi they MUST want to taake part in an orgy/threesome" trope.

You don't need to decide, you're allowed to hate them both.

Nezchan Moderator
Collectors discussion 10 May 09:54
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Didn't you worry that I might be cheating on you?

(Looks at her)

(Looks at the shoes)

-With your dad!?

Pretty sure she didn't expect Shinobu to realize whose shoes they were, just that they were a men's pair. Since she's usually pretty dense when it comes to fashion.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Holy fuck. "You probably brought it upon yourself..." Oh...oh my god...that's like...the douchiest thing I've heard all day. I can't even. Dealt with a lot of douchebags today so that's quite the feat.

The punches to the face, he practically sits there requesting them.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I shall know this "oppa" guy from now on as Dude Who Needs Many Face Punches.

Nezchan Moderator
Stretch discussion 08 May 22:05
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

And I think it's a bit pessimistic to think that we won't see the end in our lifetime, if by end you mean "full LGBTQIA" rights and not "no more discrimination". I live in a part of the US that is 15 minutes outside of a country town that waves confederate flags...discrimination will always be around unfortunately. History has patterns and unless you plan on dying in the next 20 years (which is also pessimistic), it seems large actions in the right direction are in store for the first world.

Oh, sweet summer child. It's been 46 years since Stonewall, and we still have civilized countries like Canada who hesitate on considering trans people fully human based on the idea they might be dangerous in public washrooms. Advanced countries like the US are just barely getting marriage rights in place for gays and lesbians, and even now it's a roll of the die whether the Supreme Court's going to go for it or not. We've got one municipality in Japan with a piece of paper that's not legally binding in any way, surrounded by a deeply conservative country.

It's a fight we'll win, but you've got to accept it's a long fight. A very long one, measured in terms of generations. That's been going on for longer than the almost half century since the current movement started. Yes, we're making progress, but we're not even halfway there yet.

last edited at May 8, 2015 10:07PM

Nezchan Moderator
Stretch discussion 08 May 21:18
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

But on the flip side, Keiko does not seem to be the person who would necessarily need the kid to be her own...she could adopt just any cute child and she'd be happy.

Yeah adopting...

I know there used to be the whole "the gays r bad 4 chldrn" mentality right now but same-sex partnerships is legal in a municipality in Tokyo now.

So there's definitely a LOT of loopholes one could use.

Marriage in one municipality (which the country's government definitely does not like) is still a long way from adoption rights. There's still a long battle ahead, we may not even see the end in our lifetime.