Forum › Posts by Nezchan

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I NEED to read something new!

You might as well give up on like, literature in general then. There's only so much things you can write.

Certainly give up on reading things that have tags.

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

First story is kinda dumb although it's got a few good moments. Second story is great though, weird to package two shorts with such different tones together.

Nezchan Moderator
Kase-san discussion 19 May 18:42
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Oh god, another discussion that goes into black bar land.

• kills self, others *
Nezchan Moderator
Stretch discussion 19 May 17:24
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Calling it now, het ending on Yuri Kuma.

Sure Morishima's done all sorts of gay stuff, and she's never done a bait-and-switch het ending or really any sort of twist ending. But she's never done a story like this one before, so how can we trust that she won't? After all, the more that she teases us with yuri bears, the more likely it is that it'll just turn into one big harem story with Life Sexy.

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Hallp.. it won't work...
!(http://i.imgur.com/FZlCsVT.png)

You need to include the [] between the ! and the (.

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Put a ! and the link to the pic in brackets immediately after it.

PLEASE keep it in moderation and try not to post large images. We don't have a resizing function here so they can easily dominate the page.

Nezchan Moderator
Citrus discussion 19 May 10:15
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm seeing people elsewhere complaining about the amount of spoiler discussion/black bars in this discussion since the new rough translation came out. Y'all keep it in moderation, okay?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Sorry folks, another locked thread because some manchild decided to smear his feces on the walls again.

Nezchan Moderator
Stretch discussion 19 May 09:34
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Simple question.

Has Shou pulled a bait-and-switch end like people are afraid of in any of his published work. I know he didn't in Prism, but I haven't read his other stuff. I know others here have. So has he pulled a trick anything close to what is feared before?

His other work are all classic hentai, sometimes two very close girl does things with each other but it's all about friendly/sisterly sex to help guys jerk off (during or preceding a threesome with the boyfriend)
No bait so no switch

So if I'm reading his right, he has never ever done anything even close to what people seem to be expecting him to do here.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Wait, what? The initial story arc DID have a happy ending in My Beloved. One girl was happy with her girlfriend, the other has the likely start of a healthy relationship, and the two childhood friends have reunited and old wounds are healed. That's damn near ideal.

I don't know why you keep trying, they're never going to listen.

Persistence and stamina are important qualities for a moderator.

Persistence, stamina, and a fanatical devotion to yuri...the THREE, three important qualities are...

I'll go out and come back in again.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Serial Experiments Lain is the best anime ever. The wallpaper on my computer at work is a SEL one and I'm not even ashamed of it, because it's the greatest mindblowing piece of fiction I ever got to watch.

I even once wrote a wall-of-text post on a forum just to explain people what I perceived Lain being about, because there are so many things in there that I could write volumes about it.

SEL isn't "weird", SEL isn't "crap". I won't let anyone diss Lain, the Goddess of the Wired.

SEL isn't crap, but it's definitely weird and wears that weirdness on its sleeve.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 19 May 09:01
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

"Thick glasses, big legs, chubby, flat chest." -- Donut describing herself.

Does Donut even own a mirror?

Nezchan Moderator
Stretch discussion 19 May 08:36
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Simple question.

Has Shou pulled a bait-and-switch end like people are afraid of in any of his published work. I know he didn't in Prism, but I haven't read his other stuff. I know others here have. So has he pulled a trick anything close to what is feared before?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Oh come on have you people read ALL of Takemiya-sensei's works here? She has lots of fluffy,cool happy endings, it's not all freaking My Beloved :P ,this I liked how it ended :D Nao was the best choice hehe

Wait, what? The initial story arc DID have a happy ending in My Beloved. One girl was happy with her girlfriend, the other has the likely start of a healthy relationship, and the two childhood friends have reunited and old wounds are healed. That's damn near ideal.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

A Takemiya Jin story with an actual to goodness happy ending? Be right back, I'll be ice-skating in hell while munching on some flying bacon.

You don't read Jin's stuff much, do you?

Nezchan Moderator
Stretch discussion 18 May 16:47
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

She's not in denial, nor homophobic. The thought just never crossed her mind because it's out of her reference framework. Like most people, she's probably not been confronted to gay/lesbians in her life.

For a lot of people, "gays" are something alien you see on tv or in the news, not in your neighborhood. And even less as your roomate.

At least as importantly, she's never had a meaningful relationship that's turned out well. The closest was her last one, and then the miscarriage and general horribleness that came along with it happened. I doubt she even has a reference point at all for "supportive, healthy and enjoyable romance".

Before getting into bullshit theories about homophobia, don't forget the obvious, story-supported things staring you in the face. And for that matter even referenced in the most recent chapter.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I want Ginko to "eat" Kureha.

Ermm... sorry, slip her the tongue.

FTFY

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well this just proves that even 100 million years ago, falling for a straight girl will always lead to pain.

I dunno. Tyra-chan might just be confused. She's young, new to these kinds of feelings, clearly hasn't learned to tell the difference between her "desire to devour" and her, um, "desire to devour" . . . and she's certainly not afraid to transgress against societal norms for the sake of love. I mean, a herbivore!
I say Spino-chan has a chance and it could work out just fine.

I hate to explain a joke, but I wasn't referring to Spino-chan as the recipient of the pain...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I read Chirality, it's interesting at least. Also it's kind of obvious what's happening when the women get see-through clothing for plot reasons, but the men don't even though those reasons apply to them too.

Watch the hentai Front Innocent...
:p

I got as far as "Watch the hentai..." and that was enough for me.

Nezchan Moderator
Stretch discussion 17 May 21:07
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I give up hope
They won't get anywhere
Higashiyama won't make them a couple and you guys know it.
He'll just continue to milk us over and over again
But nothing will ever come from this.
They might be in love, or something but they'll never be a couple
So I give up hope

You feelin' okay, dude? You want me to call someone?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I read Chirality, it's interesting at least. Also it's kind of obvious what's happening when the women get see-through clothing for plot reasons, but the men don't even though those reasons apply to them too.

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well this just proves that even 100 million years ago, falling for a straight girl will always lead to pain.

Nezchan Moderator
Magan&Danai discussion 17 May 10:25
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

http://manhuajia.tumblr.com/post/119145208679/magan-danai-by-ermuzibu-translated-by
new comic

Good heavens, these two get more adorable as they go along.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

"I suppose I just find those kinds of voices interesting"

Yeah and I find looking at women's naked bodies is also interesting, in an anthropological kind of way of course.

It's that I find human bodies fascinating, in the sense of anatomy studies you understand. It's a medical thing.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Wow, I have no idea what this one is.