Forum › Posts by Nezchan

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

And the next day Uihara applied for both a transfer and restraining order, and moved to another neighbourhood to find a girlfriend who actually respected her.

Nezchan Moderator
hello 26 May 15:25
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I don't remember much foot in Whedons X-Men run

I was kinda underwhelmed by the first few issues so didn't stick with it.

Nezchan Moderator
hello 26 May 14:28
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

If you like webseries, look up Carmilla on YouTube. It's quite good with a Buffy-esque sort of feel. For something more realistic, Out With Dad is good slice of life. It's on DailyMotion, i believe.

I gather Orphan Black has a lot of good female characters, plus canon lesbians. Can't give a real recommendation because I haven't actually watched it, but people I trust say it's good.

Oh, and if you don't mind going back a ways, Dark Angel was a good series with a solid female lead.

last edited at May 26, 2015 2:29PM

Nezchan Moderator
Umisho discussion 25 May 21:35
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

No more het series, pls!

You've had your warning.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 25 May 20:28
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
Kagamin%20defiled

Kagami's not really selling the "defiled" act. Her heart's not in it.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

this is basically me if you y'know...cut it down to what a teenager can realistically eat. 14 pancakes(plate sized), full restaurant breakfast, snacks, two people's worth of lunch, sometimes 3, more snacks, dinner, second dinner, snacks.

Aragorn: Gentlemen, we do not stop 'til nightfall.
Pippin: What about breakfast?
Aragorn: You've already had it.
Pippin: We've had one, yes. What about second breakfast?
[Aragorn turns and walks away]
Merry: I don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip.
Pippin: What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?
Merry: I wouldn't count on it.

Nezchan Moderator
Anime Recommendation 24 May 23:54
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Mushishi, maybe?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I found Balderdash on the same site as Dumbing of Age, the art is pretty and colourful and the artist says there will be yuri in it - its kinda new.

balderdashcomic.com

Oh, I didn't know there's be yuri. I was there for the magic and the baking.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The art is good but the plots doesn't make any sense now, characterizations are murdered just because (Monique being a lesbian comes absolutely from nowhere), every attempt of Tats to make a feminist statement is so clumsy and poorly thought that loses any meaning, men's suffering is played for laughs and the sisterhood is such mary sues that there's no tension whatsoever on the strips.

Not read it so is there something particularly off about her being a lesbian? Because 'comes from nowhere' sounds like an odd critique.

If it's anything like what happened with Monica in Wapsi Square, "comes from nowhere" basically means "changed a significant part of their life/personality with little to no buildup or foreshadowing". Which is absolutely a valid critique. Now I don't know Monique, but in the case of Monica (what's with girls named "Moni" suddenly turning gay?) you had a character with absolutely no indication of being into girls that way, and in fact seemed highly focused on dudes and spent most of the series in a happy relationship with one, then suddenly becoming 100% lesbian and saying "welp, I'd been fooling myself all along".

Good writing requires at least some sort of groundwork.

Nezchan Moderator
Collectors discussion 24 May 12:24
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yeah, basically the only things gays and lesbians can do in Japan is be homosexual without being arrested for it, and marry citizens of countries that allow it.

This one is a sarcasm, right? I'm bad in catching those right. Because, can you get arrested for your sexuality in Japan?

-- Well.. There's no way all these yuri magazines can be published freely there if so..

No, what I said is you CAN'T get arrested just for being homosexual in Japan. Unlike say, England up until the late 60's or so.

To lay it out clearly, being homosexual is legal. Pretty much everything else (marriage, adoption, IVF, etc.) is not permitted. However a Japanese citizen can marry the same-sex citizen of a country where SSM is legal (say, a Japanese woman can now marry an Irish woman). But two Japanese women can't go to Ireland, get married to each other, and have it recognized as valid.

Nezchan Moderator
LOVE/DEATH discussion 24 May 12:16
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

This is actually the first chapter where I feel a character has actually acted like a Yandere. Up until now it's been a pretty normal yuri couple who communicates via over-the-top violence, but this one....crosses that line a bit I think into unhealthy possessiveness.

Here's hoping the story will pull back a bit in the next one.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well, a fellow Canadian! Well met. Apparently there's been a stage play done--for some reason I get Peter S. Beagle's email newsletter thing.

Yup, I'm as Canadian as introspective movies with bad sound!

Say, i asked this a while ago in another thread but you likely didn't see it. Are you the same PLG that used to frequent the POGGE blog a while back? It's such a distinctive name.

Frequent? Heck, I was a co-blogger for a while. :)
Yup, that's me. So, by that question, you're not only a fellow Canadian, but one with sane politics! VERY pleased to make your acquaintance! Such as we must stick together, especially once Bill C-51 starts swinging into action, what?

Oh, I've been on that side of the political spectrum all my life, although I haven't really been too active these days. C-51, ugh. That's going to be a bag of unpleasantness in the best case, although I expect eventually a lot will be struck down.

Nezchan Moderator
Citrus discussion 23 May 18:56
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

How dare we not have Mangafox's standards!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Lol so cute for once jin no drama that's nice for a change

Don't make Nez repeat herself.

"Usul, we have facepalm the likes of which even GOD has never seen!"

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 22 May 23:58
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

anonymous, you are legit the best.

Personally, I'm one of those people who prefers to wait for the full finished quality product. I understand the urge to keep absolutely up to date on a story your caught up in, though.

Nezchan Moderator
E-G-Town discussion 22 May 20:43
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

So I'm really not happy about knowing this but Chapter 2 is the same as Wash Break. So let's delete one of them. The less Softcharm, the higher the average quality on Dynasty, right?

I'm also totally requesting wtf am I reading? for the whole author.

Recommending a why the fuck am I bothering? tag for SOFTCHARM.

Nezchan Moderator
Anime season 22 May 18:06
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Noir has an amazing soundtrack. I haven't watched the whole thing, but it is pretty subtexty as I recall.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Not sure I'd really call this a real poly or even healthy open relationship story, since it's not that she feels fulfilled by any of her relationships. She's got personal problems that she's trying to cover by spreading herself around, which isn't good or sustainable. As others have said, this isn't going to end well in the long run.

Nezchan Moderator
E-G-Town discussion 22 May 16:58
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well, I tried blacklisting artist:softcharm and it didn't work. Apparently it's impossible to blacklist artist or author tags, just content tags. So I'm stuck with this pollution on my Recently Added list.

last edited at May 22, 2015 11:38PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm giving trafi friend points.

But c'mon trafi, with me commenting how could you expect anyone to stay on topic?

Perhaps you could try. Try hard.

Consider it a personal favour.

But I do try.

I believe I had a mealt down about it here before.

Those are tasty, dude. I should have one for lunch tomorrow.

Nezchan Moderator
E-G-Town discussion 22 May 14:47
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I put his name on my blacklist, and I'm a happier person for it.

(Edit: I thought I had, turns out I hadn't and can't. There's some bullshit right there.)

last edited at May 22, 2015 4:56PM

Nezchan Moderator
Anime season 22 May 14:45
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

want a Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni! anime

So on board with that. It's perfect for an anime adaption.

+1 for animated lesbian freakouts.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm giving trafi friend points.

But c'mon trafi, with me commenting how could you expect anyone to stay on topic?

Perhaps you could try. Try hard.

Consider it a personal favour.

Nezchan Moderator
Stretch discussion 22 May 12:57
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The realism that makes Stretch so good makes his loli peculiarly unsettling.

It's like people that draw stuff like that are actual fucking human beings, crazy I know!

You're an idiot.

Okay seriously, even assuming the best that's a pretty nasty thing to say. So I'm giving you the option, walk it back or walk on out of here.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Someone plz punch that guyy , for real like what an asshole ...

I've already got dibs on the face-punching.