Forum › Posts by zokoi

joined Jun 11, 2016

Woohoo thank you for doing this series!!

They remember Vanilla's pet!!! Somehow, that slug is weirdly cute. No wonder the doctor tried to eat it.

Its really rare to see Jessica not being depicted as an anxious cwat that nweeds to bwe pwotwectwed awt aww twimes =v=

Gosh I dislike that potrayal of Jessica too. Jessica may be insecure but she is a god damn good operator, and the richest cat ever!!

How does this work? I mean it says doujin and then on the tags "Official"? Pardun?

You must be new. This is pretty common, as can be seen here, here and here.
From what I understand, doujinshi means self-published works in general. However, there are some cases where the doujinshi are officially endorsed by the original publisher, which makes them official too?

Also, the cover is wrong, can someone fix that please?

joined Jun 11, 2016

Yoooooo are we getting AROMANTIC REPRESENTATION?

That's even more uncommon than ace rep in manga like this lol

You aren’t getting either. You’re naive if you think you are. It’s obvious this arc will end with her getting an arrow. Japan just doesn’t do the thing you want.

Let a girl dream

Also seems weirdly harsh and aggressive lol

They probably had a bad day? Or, and this is just my speculation, maybe they're tired of people having unrealistic expectations of manga and then when things didn't go the way they imagined, they trashed the manga.

Well, anyway, I don't really find that "harsh and aggressive", just a bit too direct.

Part of me is just waiting on that incest arrow to show up lol

Ngl me too.

joined Jun 11, 2016

i wonder if any fights over otps ever get this serious

BL fandoms tend to fight over who's the bottom and who's top in a relationship like this, it's very much real.

Seriously though, OTP order fights are scary. I've seen fandoms war within themselves over this, it was both hilarious and terrifying to watch.

However, I just noticed that BL fangirls fight about this much more than GL and het.

joined Jun 11, 2016

A Chisato x Kanon doujin by Mezashi??? My life is now completed, I can die peacefully now.

Anw, personally I really like Chisato story. It made sense to me and I can kinda relate to it. For Chisato, dancing is just a mean to an end. She just needed it to prove that she can be good at something even without Kanon's help and she had done it. Afterward, she chose to leave the music course because she wanted to give her all in supporting Kanon, which means becoming a school idol with her.
Honestly, that made a lot more sense in my mind.

Also lol, Ren is not her bully back then. The bully's bang was different from Ren's. It would be pretty funny if it was though.

zokoi
Image Comments 11 Sep 02:06
joined Jun 11, 2016
Ejz-kxouwacozjp-orig

^ Misaki (the blonde) and Kuroko (the one sitting on her lap) don't have the best relationship. For Misaki to actively embrace Kuroko and doing so happily is... concerning at best.

@Reirin: omg really? That's amazing, I'mma go and read them now!!

zokoi
Image Comments 09 Sep 06:32
joined Jun 11, 2016
En-1424569082347618305

@Ayahime0 : Ikr, Superstar!! makes me feel like watching the original LL all over again. I love it so freaking much!!!

joined Jun 11, 2016

And that's a wrap! Gosh I'm so sad that this series had to end here. Thanks for the doing this series guys!

But hey, the author still occasionally tweet some art of these two. It would be great if you guys could translate them too!

zokoi
joined Jun 11, 2016

You know, one thing that the Tokyo trip drove home... No matter how torturously long it FEELS like these two have been not progressing in their relationship and getting blocked at all turns by their friends planning group things that interfere with private dates... they've only been "dating" for about THREE MONTHS.

Where did you get that number? In this page here: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/hana_ni_arashi_ch84#7, it clearly stated that they're already dating for 6 months. By the time of the Tokyo trip, they have been together longer than that, nearly 9 months if my maths is right.

This manga started(at leat here in the site) literally in 2018 !!
I got myself thinking about how long i've been reading this. I started in one of the worst years for me, I was all alone everywhere and reading this gave me hope that "Maybe I could have this too someday".
Now it's 2021, I now have friends(???) and a trans bf, which, ironically, we are exactly like Nanoha and Chidori in the manga kakkskaskd
My hopes turned into reality, but believe me, it's NOT nice, I feel their pain now. 3 YEARS and they're scared of holding hands !!
Now that I read the comment above, they're a couple for only 3 MONTHS??? bro...
hahdhasda Me and my bf are making 7 months soon... Oh god.

Again. Not 3 months. Also, time in manga pass however the mangaka wants, irrelevant of real life time.

They aren't afraid of holding hands btw, I mean, they already kissed. They just don't want to be seen by their friends.

joined Jun 11, 2016

I know the whole "confessing your love after the chance has passed and they're already dating someone else" trope is popular and makes for some heartwarming moments in fiction and all that, but I don't get it.
Like, try doing that to someone in real life and chances are pretty high they'll either recoil or the situation will just immediately turn awkward as heck. I told my best friend (at the time) that I used to have a crush on her when we first met, and her reaction was like, "oh god, yikes, thank goodness you stopped feeling that way," and then it set in motion the end of our friendship a couple months later.

Right? I was like wtf am I reading. Would people normally react this way? Sometimes it's better to keep things to oneself rather than let it out in the hopes that they feel better lol. "I used to have a crush on you...I used to get off from imagining you and me together...but let's still remain the best of friends ok? Ehe ehe." It's just inappropriate at that point.

Uuuuh depends on what you consider a "normal" reaction, i once got to see such scene btw my best bud and one of his friends (a girl) i was peeking, im not proud of it but meh and it was very pacific, the next day both of them were talking like always, guess it depends on the person, if i were to recieve such confession i would be surprised sure but reaching to the point of saying "yikes" i must say that girl was not a good friend

Hear hear. I agree that there's no standard "normal" reaction for this situation. Hear Sara was obvious a bit in love with Wakana, so even though it has passed, she still adore Wakana, though just as a friend now. Honestly I find the confession pretty well-handled.

Truthfully, I also confessed to my best friend about how I used to like her when we first befriended, and she was also dating a boy at that time (yes, I'm a walking cliché). My bff just like "oh what did you like about me?" and then I proceed to roast her, as a good friend should. We're still best friend 'till now, and nothing awkward happened because of that.

last edited at Aug 26, 2021 12:16AM

zokoi
joined Jun 11, 2016

Tbh when i saw the Height gap tag, i was expecting something like itou hachi

Itou Hachi usually comes with a Lolicon tag.

However, I do agree that the height tag is a bit strange. Their height differences aren't that much/noticeable.

Are they the main ship?

Dude, they are the only characters in the first chapter. If they aren't the main ship then who?

last edited at Aug 25, 2021 2:42AM

zokoi
joined Jun 11, 2016

There's just something I hate about when something puts a "fin" or "end" or etc. at the end of a chapter.

Like others said, it did feel like a oneshot. Maybe it was originally conceived as one?

Regardless, this is cute and fast, so I'm in.

It is from pixiv, where people draw things spontaneously. Better to just put "fin" after every short stories.

Edit: So, I just went to the author's pixiv page. There's still 4 more chapters untranslated and it seems like the author is still drawing more. Just saying in case anyone wanna know.

last edited at Aug 25, 2021 2:41AM

joined Jun 11, 2016

The moment where Ueno stopped for a bit and just be like "aaahh" I knew that she was gay panicking :))

This was a great oneshot, lovely characters and funny dialogue!

joined Jun 11, 2016

Just saying but the discussion about flat money should be moved to another post. They're rather irrelevant to the story.

Anyway so that's Lambert huh. He really does look like Lene.

Edit: Also, I agree that you should just post the finish version.

last edited at Aug 24, 2021 2:04AM

zokoi
Image Comments 20 Aug 23:00
joined Jun 11, 2016
91507629_p0

I literally was searching for Strawberry Shortcake the other day and now this? Is this a sign from above telling me to go rewatch the series and ship them all?

joined Jun 11, 2016

Wife and Wife, gal pals edition.

haha gosh you're right XD

Shima repeatedly saying Ise's name is so freaking cuteeeeeeee. These two are so sweet I'm feeling like I'm having actual diabetes.

last edited at Aug 19, 2021 10:17PM

joined Jun 11, 2016

I agree that furry tag doesn't fit here.

Anw this is surprisingly cute and wholesome. A bit weird though.

I'm sure that's not a furry.

Edit: She can get any wish but her wish interestingly doesn't have anything to do with the Goddesses giving the Lappi a human body.

Yeah Ikr? Why didn't she wish for Lappi to get a human body or sth? The Goddess did say that she would grant her one wish, no matter what it is.

last edited at Aug 14, 2021 10:42PM

joined Jun 11, 2016

Remember when this series released?
Half a fucking year after the last actualization, finally a new chapter came out. Hope the release frequency will be better now

What the fuck is with the people on this site? The people who translate, edit and work on this is doing it for free, the fucking least you all could do is say thank you, instead of bitching about the release schedule.

Anw, this chapter feels a bit random and unconnected to the previous one, or maybe it's just me? Mikkun's new gf is wow, toxic, lack of trust and possessiveness all rolled into one.

last edited at Aug 12, 2021 1:29AM

joined Jun 11, 2016

I really like how the author chooses to write this story. Like, the first chapter was slow with just a bit of a shock (Mitsu's death) but then bam, a finger that was mysteriously cut!

Then, using the mystery of the finger, the author hooked us readers in, and we're drawn into the lives of the characters. Each new chapter give the characters more depth and make us relate/feel more about them. The mystery is still there, but it's no longer the focus of the story.

Of course, the story could be told in chronological order, but it wouldn't make as much impact as this.

joined Jun 11, 2016

It's from the author of Ayakashiko let's fucking go!!!!!!!

joined Jun 11, 2016

Poly ending? Pls no, it would be horrible writing

OH NO another poly ending what a fucking disater!!!! /s

Fucking for real man, the story so far has hinted at it so fucking much. Not having poly ending for this WILL be bad writing.

I know some of you guys don't like poly ending, and it's admittedly not my favorite either (cuz it feel like the easy way out), but the author has clearly gave hints about it before. Calling it bad writing is dumb.

You know what is bad writing? The love triangle in Koi to Uso where the author clearly don't know what the fuck they're doing so they have TWO endings, one for each girl, to placate the fans. Now that's shitty writing.

joined Jun 11, 2016

Blood and puking aren't really my thing, but this story was actually really wholesome??? There was honest and open communication, consent, and the relationship developed pretty organically.

Can we also mention how the male characters were actually decent and respectful people? Furuya genuinely wanting to help his gay friend find a suitable partner, and the employee who accepted that Touka was into women and didn't try to force a guy on her. I was half-expecting Furuya to be a manipulative dude and Chouko would have to save Touka, but nope!

Yeah the dudes being nice here is definitely great! I want more stories/oneshots where the guys are just supportive as hell like this.

joined Jun 11, 2016

This is funny and interesting but I already expect some people complaining about the way this portrays a serious matter such as eating disorders, self esteem, fattening or whatever,,

Also, not even subtext tag?

DS might as well tag it as yuri. We know the truth!

I was wondering where was the subtext tag was as well. But then I saw the Roommates tag and it all makes sense now. For works like these, Roommates is just synonym for marriage XD

zokoi
School Zone discussion 31 Jul 09:38
joined Jun 11, 2016

do they have a hinasayo-.esque relationship ?

now that you mentioned it, I think so yeah. They're kinda like the reverse of Hinasayo, except Tsubaki is a lot more sensible than Hina.

joined Jun 11, 2016

I see a guy who needs his brains scrambled.

I'm betting 50 imaginary Yuri-Dollar it's a Police/detective dude who thinks the burglar returned.

I will also bet 50 imaginary Yuri-Dollar that the guy who broke in was stalking MC, and now he's back.

joined Jun 11, 2016

Wow, the sister is an asshole.

"I have a lover in university, I leave them, and my sister, to make merry in a foreign country, meet some stud there and decide to marry him"

Talk about being selfish and insensitive.

Wow, are we reading the same manga?

The sister met and dated the best friend back in college. She is now a working adult. There's plenty of time there for a break up. Also, it's clear that the sister and best friend broke up on good terms, seeing how they're still communicating with each other.
And yes, I know this is a yuri and any female character marrying a male character is pretty meh, but love happens.

Anw, seeing how the sister took care of MC in place of their parents, still reached out and care for MC after she left home, plus having a good relationship with her ex-lover, I'd say that the sister seems like a really good person, not selfish or insensitive at all.