Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
50159441_p3

Sleeping while holding hands of course.

Spoilered for X-TREEM lewdness.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yeah, female character rejecting a boy is often there as a barrier that the boy has to overcome in order to get happiness. Since, y'know, him being happy is what's important here.

It's in the bible women, God put you here to please us, your wants are irrelevant.

Lilith called, she said "Fuck that noise!"

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 30 May 19:17
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
Cb304fd352c8ffe69c9004e33a9c4f88

I dunno if I'd be irked at people who dropped it after episode 3, considering that's 1/4 of the way through the story. If the story isn't grabbing people by then I'd question the writing at least a bit. I suspect some folks, at least here on Dynasty, stuck around because the conversations and speculation were keeping them interested.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

it'd be ridiculous to throw this much fricking yuri bait at us and still follow the LN ending. it just can't happen. KUMIKO EVEN REJECTED THE BOY
kyoani, do the right thing plz. i pray for them.

Yes but her stupid ass good natured friend told him she's gonna help him win her love or something,so she's gonnta talk Kumiko into it,she'll "realize" her feelings and Reina will go for the teacher.
regular everyday common crap

Yeah, female character rejecting a boy is often there as a barrier that the boy has to overcome in order to get happiness. Since, y'know, him being happy is what's important here.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 30 May 15:06
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
50159441_p5

Not yet, it's not...

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nez plz

You hush now.

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I love the fact that this means Darjeeling x Orange Pekoe is canon.

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Similar build to Sakuya? Was your co-worker a model or something?

Maybe not as tall, but she had that willowy slim thing going on. A legal secretary as it happens, but a pretty one.

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Does this bother you somehow?

I kind of... has a 'thing' for that.

Ah, a different definition of "bother" then.

More seriously, it's hard to say. Not every pregnant woman gets them after all, and some get them without being pregnant. I had a cow-orker once who had a similar sort of build to Sakuya, and at 8 months she looked like she'd swallowed a grape. It varies a lot.

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

This mean Sakuya has stretch marks?

Does this bother you somehow?

Nezchan Moderator
Nano x Fate doujinshi 29 May 19:22
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Looks like Thunder Bird by Yahiro.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 29 May 18:15
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
48597621_p8

whos Monthy?

It's bad form to pick on someone for a simple typo. Clearly they meant Monty.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Anyone else following Frictional Game's new game in development: SOMA ?

Thats some creepy-interesting shit right there.

Just finished watching a longish trailer (or gameplay footage?) for it just now. Looks like a really interesting concept.

Not much yuri potential though

last edited at May 29, 2015 4:43PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It pretty obvious from her expression that she doesn't enjoy it that much and even though she claims the other girl must like it rough as she didn't enjoy it either, I think she started spanking her more as a way to release her own frustration.

Wait, the other girl didn't enjoy it either? Where on earth do you get that, because in the story not only did she get off immediately from that treatment, but clearly came back for more several times. As to Moe starting the spanking to release her frustration, that is sort of the point of the chapter. But her doing so revealed to her that she's good at identifying the desires of others as well, so she continues on both basis to the apparent delight of the other girls.

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Afaik, we need a female->male pegging story and we're square on the weird sex/story scale no? Just to cover all the bases.

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/magejun_28#16
Ah it's all too rare sadly.

There's also a bit in Take That Hand as I recall.

Not sure I'd consider it all that weird in RL though, loads of couples do it. But definitely outside the norm for what's here (unsurprisingly).

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

One recommendation I forgot is the one-shot I Want To Lock You Up by Rokuroichi. It's like a masterclass in erotica.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Someone is, though. I didn't die or anything.

"There's more of gravy than of grave about you, whatever you are!"

Nezchan Moderator
Pai! discussion 28 May 21:09
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

That honestly was one of the better combinations of PWP and comedy that I've seen. Good balance.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Kadamon

Here's a question I've often pondered and would like to hear opinions on -- Do you believe it's possible for a male author to write heartfelt yuri? Or will that almost always degenerate into fan service and/or feel insincere by nature? It's obvious that most of the critical favorites are penned by females.

Definitely a male author can write good yuri. I think the issue is there's a higher difficulty in writing an authentic lesbian-oriented story if you're not female, or better yet a lesbian yourself, but it's definitely possible as we've seen. I think this really shows in manga because it's simply not easy for a male in Japanese society to acquire the knowledge required to write that sort of story well. But as others have pointed out, we have standouts like Shou who pull it off all the same.

last edited at May 28, 2015 8:56PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

kuniqs

I recommend Prism (even if it's unfinished)
I don't recommend Girlfriends. It may be just me, but it was 95% girly bullshit (veeery girly) and 5% substance. The boyfriend subplot was great, however.

I agree totally with Prism, despite not being finished it's amazing. Although it's funny, I have the exact opposite take on Girl Friends, in that I didn't care that much for the boyfriend subplot (although I can see why it's there), and loved the "girly bullshit" and thought it was valuable in establishing their characters and initial relationship. However, the other side of that is I wouldn't recommend it as a series with a lot of depth. It's basically "here's the events of the relationship", but not much deeper than that.

last edited at May 28, 2015 8:57PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Is "serious" simply "lack of comedy"? In that case i find myself with not much stuff to say here... I'd like to say Blank but that ain't a series so i'd go with Kimi Koi Limit i guess?
I'd also like to say Qualia The Purple but the yuri isn't the reason i like that one so much so i'll refrain from mentioning it

I'd say Blank and its follow-up Blank, Continued qualify in this case.

I personally wouldn't say comedy is out, but more stories with some depth to them even if they have comedic parts. I can't speak for Kadamon on that matter though.

Nezchan Moderator
Citrus discussion 28 May 16:06
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Out of curiosity, what are some of your critical favorites in the yuri genre, the ones that have set your standards for this kind of critique?

Pieta for sure. Love My Life for entirely different reasons. Two By This Side, Three By the Other Side is an amazing Touhou piece.

This might be a good topic to make its own separate post, see what other people's favourite "serious" yuri is, outside of just Citrus readers (and me, who doesn't actually read it).

Nezchan Moderator
Citrus discussion 27 May 18:55
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

^
My point was that it's not exclusively for yuri (i.e. "a yuri forum"). Again, I may be seriously wrong.

You are not wrong. Dynasty is full of yuri, but there's no exclusivity going on, and certainly the people who run the site don't think of it that way.

Nezchan Moderator
Anime Recommendation 27 May 12:01
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

@Nez, @OP I've only watched the anime so I don't really know how much subtext was present in the manga so I can't really compare. But I think the anime contained not-so-heavy subtext unfortunately (but yaoi fangirls/boys might say otherwise). It's really more about friendship for me though. I ship Natsume with nyanko sensei.

The thing is that the base is one of the rare shoujo manga with a male lead character so the friendship is a lot deeper and romanticized than usual friendship in manga. It gives the same result as our very yuri subtexty anime/manga

As long as we're talking about friendship, can I just say how much I love that both guys' friendship with the female character without a trace of romance intruding? It's so refreshing to see neither of them getting forced into a relationship with her just because she's nearby.

Plus, Natsume on his own is just such an all-around sweet guy. He's so nice! except to Nyanko-sensei, but that's okay

last edited at May 27, 2015 12:03PM

Nezchan Moderator
Anime Recommendation 27 May 10:24
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

These are the shows I've seen from your list:

•FMA: brotherhood, Natsume's book of friends, Darker than Black, Spice and Wolf. Good selection I must say.

Just curious, is the anime for Natsume's Book of Friends anywhere near as gay as the manga? Because in the manga, Natsume and Tanuma have serious subtext going on.