Forum › Posts by Nezchan

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, the dev team managed to find a really good way to separate "anti-PC" kids from their money without actually having to go to the effort of making a good game. Although funny that Steam announced their refund policy the very next day, innit?

Hatred advertising: SATAN SATAN SATAN!!!!

Hatred gameplay:

Nezchan Moderator
Stretch discussion 03 Jun 21:30
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm a bit surprised nobody has twigged to the fact that the drunk salaryman coming home with sushi leftovers for his wife is a common thing in manga, and presumably sitcoms and such as well. Keiko's appearance on the first page is pulling that exact same act, and is surprised when Ran doesn't play along with the gag.

last edited at Jun 3, 2015 9:32PM

Nezchan Moderator
Stretch discussion 03 Jun 19:54
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

More seriously, it looks like Ran is reading the book she bought on their date. She's clearly comfortable enough with Keiko now that she's ready to show a side she'd only been hinting at before.

Keiko isn't used to Ran being serious, so she's left trying to provoke the response she's used to by being the silly one which she's definitely not used to. In a way, this chapter shows some significant progress in Ran's unseen side coming out, and Keiko "missing" the Ran she'd come to know.

Nezchan Moderator
Stretch discussion 03 Jun 17:33
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

that reversal is funny. Glaring Ran is scary.

You misspelled smokin' hot.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Chatting at the Amber Colored Teahouse has appeared in the current issue of Yuri Hime as a series, and I'm almost positive that it's new material. I'm suggesting this one to any scanlation group that has room to add another series. Does anyone know if anyone is going to do it? Lililicious maybe?

I wonder if this is the Gold and Silver Tips series of shorts that Fujieda talked about in the author's note at the end of Amber Teahouse. Basically stories revisiting the other characters that appeared while having Sarasa and Seriho still present in the background.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 02 Jun 21:32
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
50159441_p4

I really wish there was more HonoMaki. It's my favorite pairing in the series, just due to character interactions and contrasting personalities.

And you hit the critical point I think, of why this pairing works better than something like NicoMaki. They're different, but in a lot of ways complimentary. For NicoMaki, they're pretty much archetypical tsunderes, with the shyness covered up by bravado, the dishonesty, etc. So to get a good story, one has to break out of type in order to provide that contrast. Which I must say, some authors pull off well. But when you match Maki up with pretty much any of the rest, you've got those contrasts in place already and don't need that step of changing one or both, or putting in a third party like Nico's sisters to break the tension.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 02 Jun 19:34
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
50159441_p4

A lot of authors make NicoMaki work, no problem. But I dunno, to me they seem like a "high school" romance that wouldn't last into the long term. Which is sweet and fun in its own way, but something about this pair seems like it'd work as they moved on to being adults.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Unfortunately you have to pay on the mobile app (and then buy the chapter on the PC website) if you want to unlock the raws. I won't be posting any links to raws or translational progress because I want to keep the Korean raws down on lock. The author told us she didn't want us to translate it, and lezhin doesn't have a free system like comico/naver, so that's why I REALLLYYY don't want any Korean raws floating around. You'll just have to wait for the release on YP or Dynasty.

But I guess it wouldn't hurt to tell you that I've already translated chapters 1-12. Now we just have to check and typeset everything.

Hey Halmoni, not sure if this is the right way to contact you but I couldn't find any pm system here. I was just wondering if you need help with the process? I would be glad to help you guys out in any way since I've been waiting forever for the translations. Let me know!

You really need to be talking to the folks at Yuri Project, since they're the ones responsible for producing the final finished translations/typesets that end up on the site and making sure it's quality work. I don't know if they're looking for people to work on this particular project, but I imagine most groups would appreciate a helping hand in general.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

More XCOM, yessssssss

Meh, I can't even play the original, it's so buggy for me. And from what I've read, a lot of folks.

Hopefully this one will be better put together.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Lolicon is supposedly platonic, even if it involves sexual desire...

Wat.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 02 Jun 09:44
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
50159441_p3

The "Holding hands = LEWDNESS" thing is probably related to 4Chan's "Heterosexual sex in the missionary position for the purpose of reproduction" thing. Their too similar not to be.

Actually, it's got nothing to do with 4chan or same-sex relationships not being accepted or anything like that. It's an in-joke following this one-shot, which suggests that a second-hand kiss is even more high level than oral sex. So following that, holding hands must be even more lewd, in fact the lewdest thing one can do.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

doesn't matter if you're reading this in this site, or in mangafox (where updates are actually up to date) or whatever, the story it's the "slow-building" kind of story, but in a beautiful outstanding way that makes my stomach flips every panel all the time. I'm just here, lying in my bed, waiting, craving the "boiling-point" interaction between them; but hey, I'm pretty sure it'll be worth it.

Mangafox chapters are not "up to date" lol. They stole our un-checked rough drafts without permission. Those chapters haven't been finalized, and it's highly likely that they're going to have changes after we go through them. They're probably full of typos and other errors.

Honestly, it wasn't even my idea to create rough typesets in the first place (and I'm still not sure what purpose they serve, other than making reading chapters slightly easier). But since I make my translations public, people were inevitably going to make them anyways.

Simply put, Halmoni and the person doing the rough typesets are giving fans a rare treat (which some now take as their due, given the crying over the overlay), and MangaFox/MangaHere are trying their damndest to ruin that for everyone.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yay! Next issue we can see Akina completely fail to admit to herself she's an otaku and a lesbian at the perfect place to realize both!

It'll be the perfect combination of awesome hilarity and frustrating tease.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Junji Ito style when.

Nezchan Moderator
Marriage discussion 01 Jun 19:55
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

such brainless fluff

So vapid comment. Many laughs at your expense.

Nezchan Moderator
Philosophia discussion 01 Jun 19:50
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I've gotta agree with the above, that "mentally handicapped" comment was over the line, AI YO. Not cool.

Nezchan Moderator
Kase-san discussion 01 Jun 18:03
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nez-Chan

She's begin' for the double-H

I tried to google what this was to no avail. What is the joke? D:

Holding Hands, the lewdest of all lewd acts

Nezchan Moderator
Kase-san discussion 01 Jun 13:13
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

She's pure in the sense that it wouldn't cross her mind to extend a hand and grope her boobs, even if she's interested. Kase on the contrary stares at cleavage and thighs and has wandering hands in the latest chapter

She's begin' for the double-H

Nezchan Moderator
Kase-san discussion 01 Jun 13:12
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I agree with the sentiment that Kase-san, if she's actually had any relationships, probably hasn't gotten very far in them. So it's kinda like first love all around with a little more experience on Kase's end that she's certain she's gay.

She mentions that she has "gotten along" with other girls, but they didn't stick around when they saw her body. Which I take to mean she's had some innocent dalliances in middle school, but nothing so serious as what she has now with Yamada even without sex. She's definitely come to terms with being gay though, and I think to some degree Yamada's accepted that she's "like that" too.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Otaku doesn't mean "someone who loves anime" in Japan. It's larger than that. Basically, it's someone passionate about something. There're "military otaku" (interested in evetything military, from weapons to uniforms) in Japan and they couldn't care less about anime or manga.

http://www.japan-talk.com/jt/new/12-types-of-otaku

Tying the word to anime and manga is a western thing actually.

Lolicon is just fascination with young looking girls. It has little to do with pedophilia.

Otaku also isn't considered a positive word, generally implying unhealthy obsession rather than simply loving or being a fan of something. In Western terms, it's got a "living in your parents' basement at 30" sort of connotation as well. It's Western fans that use otaku in a more benign way.

Nezchan Moderator
Kase-san discussion 01 Jun 09:40
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Seems like a spot on assessment Nya-chan. I didn't catch the hint about her previous relationships but agreed about them not getting very far.

I recall earlier on, it's made clear that Kase-san actually hasn't had as many prior relationships as the rumours around her say, and certainly none for at least a year before getting together with Yamada. She'd been watching Yamada, secretly in love with her, since the April prior to them getting together, in fact (see chapters 6 and 7). So any girlfriends would be from middle school or her first year in high school.

As to lust well, Yamada's not completely pure. Not by a long shot

last edited at Jun 1, 2015 9:42AM

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 31 May 22:26
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I wonder if this is after the "Shunga Incident"?

Nezchan Moderator
Kase-san discussion 31 May 14:00
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The sexual tension increases progressively, because Kase-san finds it harder and harder to hold back. But Yamada is still not there.

Honestly though? I think it's less Yamada isn't there emotionally, it's that she doesn't have the concepts. If Kase-san couldn't hold back any more, I think Yamada would be ready after a very brief time to take in the concept. and bit by bit, that's coming along.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 31 May 10:29
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
50159441_p4

I hate this pairing tbh

Your concern is noted.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012