Forum › Posts by Skywallker

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Engaging Terminator Mode, ready to grass some ass.

Skywallker
(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

And just like Swap⇔Swap this manhua is just fun fluff with no pretension to weighty content whatsoever! I kept laughing at how the author glosses over every serious issue that could bog down the easy flow of the story.

Well with one exception, not being able to swap back if certain conditions aren't met is a pretty weighty gun to hang on the wall

Didn't something like that happen in Swap<->Swap too? Like for a few chapters they weren't able to swap back and wondered if they would have to stay like that?
But it wasn't really angsty for them, lol, they just said "oh well we'll have to take responsibility for this" and agreed to live together & take care of each other forever. Not a bad ending imho...
(But of course later they did switch back again, mochiron dakara, haha.)

Not quite, in Swap Swap they had a period were they couldnt swap. But they were in their own bodies, and they were pretty disheartened by it.

Here we are looking at getting stuck as each other while not being romantically involved

Skywallker
(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Swap Swap trouble edition

Haha, I was thinking exactly that. The thing with the eye colors (and speech balloon colors) is a dead giveaway that the author has read Swap⇔Swap and loved the body swap idea.

And just like Swap⇔Swap this manhua is just fun fluff with no pretension to weighty content whatsoever! I kept laughing at how the author glosses over every serious issue that could bog down the easy flow of the story.

Well with one exception, not being able to swap back if certain conditions aren't met is a pretty weighty gun to hang on the wall

Skywallker
(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Swap Swap trouble edition

Skywallker
(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Since when does Fuu listen to others?

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I was thinking "this new girl seems crazy" but then remembered the MC is a stalker and blackmailer

Her sister offered her money and she just went to find out where she lives

She hasn't actually done anything bad yet

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

diversity win! the monster girl who wants to eat you is body positive <3

More like she's not a weirdo. As far as burn scars go that shoulder is nothing to be repulsed by

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Don't quit before any agreement is reached! You are putting yourself in a risky situation and youre putting a lot of guilt on the other party

And no it's not romantic unless it's practically already decided

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

"ever since that day..."

I think Shiori might not actually want to eat Hinako, and is actually in love with her. It's all just a ruse to get close to her and try and help her.

This might be wishful thinking. But I'm starting to lean towards that now. The author might also be intentionally playing that angle so that we get hope.

She tried to separate her from her only friend and was willing to kill said friend

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Falling, down the stairs
Falling, from a height
Danger, someone gonna need some nursing
Time and time again

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

This chapter feels messy, like there's missing pages

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

wait a minute guys what if the uncle is being such an ally because he's queer??? there's no way straight ppl would be this cool, right? right????

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i6wu81BEVBI

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Mariya is a bit dim

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

How did she not know lesbian sex videos ever existed?

People in general would be surprised by how sheltered IRL Japanese society is about most things sexual, even to this day. There's a reason why they have statistically the lowest sexual frequency in the world and are almost always the most unhappy with their sex lives according to most studies.

That's heavily scewed by Japans Work Culture

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Mother Wingman giving romantic advice to her kid

Skywallker
(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Suddenly Glossiness!

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

what having *geeky pride does to a mofo

"bruh i dont want to find my own happiness im not that important to the story"
fails to realize she is the main character

"But I don't have pink hair or sparkly eyes or a perky butt"

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

*The dark rumbles of the Friendzone runged in the Gals mind

Skywallker
(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

A-Class Hino even when she is sleep deprived

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

To be completely honest, let me go on a little bit of a tangent myself: Japanese music in all forms is very uniquely flavored, to say the least, and there are a lot of acts with a lot of personality, for better or worse, and even the approach to (more) mainstream music writing can at sometimes be baffling to me, my greatest example would be what I believe is the opening theme for Release the Spyce, pretty awesome show by the way, which is a preppy-happy pop/rock tune (with uncharacteristically animated drum work,) that at some point bursts into a double-kick line and then into a goddamn blast beat, and it fucking works, for some reason! I find it incredibly interesting how the outside-the-box music structuring and composition are compared to western pop music's songwriting.

To me modern Japanese music is defined by Kuja's boss theme from Final Fantasy 9. It's a grand Organ accompanied by Classic Rock.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I mean it's just the motivation behind her choice. Booking stuff to celebrate doesn't really sound like a very honest attempt at a search. Hence why I was wondering if we just forgot that part of the story and we're just following Asumi the heart-conquerer.

i also forgot that mai is in fact a character and also the reason asumi started this whole crusade, honestly the author could just pretend she never existed and it would probably take a while before anyone notices it

Asuni has already said that searching for Mai was silly pretext, she knows what she is doing is a terrible way of actually looking for a person

last edited at May 10, 2022 6:07PM

Skywallker
(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017
Fbx7g04xmautoxo-orig

She made a dad joke, she's the pants

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Given that we're talking about jp metal stuff, here's a dump of lesser known metal bands from jp i found over the years:
黒夜葬, Galneryus, Imperial Circus Dead Decadence, 5150, Denkare, Yousei Teikoku, Powerless/MuryokuP, UtsuP, Nocturnal Bloodlust, Matutinum Miserabilis, UI-70, まぐなむお~ぱす, Onmyo-za, Pearls Before Swine, Pizuya's Cell, Dragon Guardian, Yakui the Maid, Takamachi Walk, IRON ATTACK!, UNDEAD CORPORATION, i-chan, Unlucky Morpheus, Piece Of Rain, Vanitas Vanitatum, Caz, Diabolic Phantasma, Hone Your Sense, S.S.H
I tried to only put metal bands here, but some non-metal ones might have slipped by, also most of those are really hard to find. there are some pretty known ones tho. Some vocaloid stuff, some touhou stuff, some dead bands, sorted in no particular order, but most have at least something interesting to listen to.

One of the best band names I've come across is "Oral Cigarettes"

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

'mistaken for a guy' stories i can usually take or leave, but i do love a good dual identity story!

You just reminded me that I have been waiting for YEARS for the telling twins apart story to continue https://dynasty-scans.com/series/futakaku_kankei

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Look, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with Nirvana or Foo Fighters, but

I've hardly listened to Nirvana so there's only like 1 song I like. That being "Something in the Way"...

BEGONE PLEBS

Nirvana is one of the greatest bands to ever exist, single handedly destroying 80's hair metal and giving us the greatest era of music to have ever exist in the history. Foo Fighters are the child birthed by great 90's rock and keeping the genre alive with their incredible sound no matter how many weak willed pop wannabe's state the death of rock every year.

Finally the time of the angry 90's teen has come, get out your oversized clothes and skate boards cause we back baby.

After reading this post while listening to Steve Winwood and Eric Clapton doing 'Can't find my way Home', I couldn't help chuckling. 90's had good music, so did the 80's, but late 60's into the 70's produced the best rock music EVER!!! This is sure to start some waves over music, but we all can agree that this is a good manga and look forward to more.

Bahh humbug, old music has the advantage that the good ones have already been identified. But modern rock/metal has by far the greatest soundscapes and higher instrumental proficiency