Forum › Posts by zokoi

joined Jun 11, 2016

This chapter was sweet, but it also feels like the calm before the storm somehow. The next chapter about the present (OL part) will probably be about Kanoko's trauma/scar and I dread it.

@revkar: hey, just letting you know that you sent duplicated reviews.

last edited at Oct 15, 2021 3:38AM

zokoi
joined Jun 11, 2016

Wow, 12 authors and nearly 120 pages, isn't this an anthology rather then a doujinshi? Also, why are there only 6 authors in the tags?

Anw, all of the stories were so freaking cute!!! I especially like October and December. I kinda wish there were more stories about adult NicoMaki though.

Also lol, what even is lactobacillus day?

last edited at Oct 14, 2021 9:01AM

joined Jun 11, 2016

The first story I've seen on dynasty where everyone is crossing their fingers that it doesn't end up as Yuri lol

I haven't seen any comments saying this though?

Also, completely irrelevant but I just realized that Silence (Arknights) is also a horned owl like Yoru. Which leads me to a question: how the hell is Yoru so energetic even though it's morning?

joined Jun 11, 2016

I wonder why A-Hong fell in love with A-Lan? She doesn't seem to have a lot of respect or esteem for A-Lan. ("This brat!")

For that matter, A-Lan doesn't know anything of the real A-Hong: her idea of A-Hong is only the fake facade A-Hong put up to impress her!

Hehehe, I love it when a yuri love story has such an original beginning. These two girls sure have a rocky road in front of them!

What the hell, do you have no close friends? Friends call each other brats, assholes and even worse all the time. How on earth did you that and turn it into "doesn't have a lot of respect or esteem"???

Also, when people try to make someone fall for them, they present themselves in the best possible way; it's not a facade, just people trying their best.

joined Jun 11, 2016

damn it zokoi i'm a scanlator not an economics major
I didn't tag this but the description calls it yuri, that being said what the Japanese call yuri and what Dynasty tags as yuri tend to differ a lot, so it could go either way

lol sorry, was just sharing what I know.

Also yeah, I doubt this will go full on yuri too, at best it will be another subtext like "Gal and Otaku".

joined Jun 11, 2016

the credits page is white instead of jello-green this is literally unreadable
it is funny that the author did this exact premise, went "these people aren't related this sucks" and then went to go do one where they're stepsisters though

Can you point me to the manga you're referring to here?

here. They did say that it was from the same author, it's not that hard to find you know?

it's very cheap but i also don't know how the author gains money since you buy coins then use those coins for chapters

Isn't this standard for these things? I use Tapas and Tappytoon and they do the same as this. Once you buy the chapters with those coins, they will be converted back to money for the author.

Also, a Kawai Rou manga without even a subtext tag? *Doubt.
And yeah, this is pretty similar to their previous manga, but it's cute so it's fine.

joined Jun 11, 2016

lol guys, you do remember that before Itou Hachi was obssessed with lolis, they drew plenty wholesome stories right?

Omfg Yoru, the horned owl has a lot of energy, reading this makes me feel both energetic and tired lol.

Also ngl, if I attract freaking centipede, I will wanna die too.

zokoi
joined Jun 11, 2016

The third chapter is as cute and weird as the first two, I love it!! For some reasons, I find reading this relaxing, is it because of those rabbits?

joined Jun 11, 2016

Omigod there's more!! I love it!!!! Thank you so much for doing this series!!

zokoi
Inversion discussion 12 Oct 13:46
joined Jun 11, 2016

The pages are not in order for chapter 3

ngl, I read this on my phone so I thought that was the correct order

zokoi
Image Comments 12 Oct 05:33
joined Jun 11, 2016
Fa2mhmrvkaesx-8-orig

gosh these two are amazing together!!!

joined Jun 11, 2016

Where did this confident high school Kyoko-san go? What changed her?

this is just my interpretation but I think that the suicide changed her. Rather, she was never really confident in the first place, just very suicidal. She lived with the mentality of "since I'm gonna die anyway, I don't give a fuck". But then she failed to kill herself and had to live on, facing society and all the responsibilities and expectations of being alive, she just, retreated into herself I guess.

zokoi
Image Comments 09 Oct 00:12
joined Jun 11, 2016
Fbbsrbgvqaaozzb-orig

I- I feel like Franka's gonna be shot or someone will throw a shield at her face...

zokoi
Image Comments 09 Oct 00:10
joined Jun 11, 2016
Fa8hfbwwyagudeu-orig

^ for more "official looking" LL fanart, you can check this person out: https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/23006893. When I first saw their art, I thought it was official XD

Also, more SumiKeke?!? I feel so blessed, thank you!!!

joined Jun 11, 2016

gosh, series like these make me wish I could read Chinese so I could read the raws XD

The art is great and it seems promising, thank you so much for translating and scanlating this!! I can't wait to read more of it XD

zokoi
joined Jun 11, 2016

holy hell, this exceeds my expectations by miles. Not only does this have good art, it also has a consistent and easy to understand plot. I wish the series on bilibili comics were also like this.

Also, does anyone know if this is original or adapted from a novel?

Yo, if you're looking for good GL on bilibili I highly recommend Bai Lijin among Mortals, and Straight Girl Trap. Those are by far my two favorite series I:m keeping up with on bilibili right now. They aren't bait either, they're definitively gay.

I mean, I do whine about it but I do read a few GL comics on bilibili, and those two you just recommended are the good ones. Lily is also good, the only bad thing is that it's really long and daily update still feel too slow for that series.

zokoi
joined Jun 11, 2016

holy hell, this exceeds my expectations by miles. Not only does this have good art, it also has a consistent and easy to understand plot. I wish the series on bilibili comics were also like this.

Also, does anyone know if this is original or adapted from a novel?

zokoi
Image Comments 07 Oct 20:37
joined Jun 11, 2016
Kkprincess

Ep10 made me love SumiKeke so muchhh!!!

joined Jun 11, 2016

Anyone else notice Toda' lockscreen is a picture of Tanaka in girlish cosplay? And that Tanaka said she wouldn't mind making miso soup for Toda every day?

good to know that someone noticed that too! I was eating when I read this and gosh I nearly choked reading those panels. The fact that this doesn't get tagged as subtext makes me doubt everything in my life rn lol.

joined Jun 11, 2016

This series treats its tropes like it’s the horror genre. I mean, “Please don’t tell—I’ll do anything”? Seriously? Has this person never watched TV, gone to the movies, or read a book?

Well, to be fair, she was shocked and scared about being her secrets being discovered, making rational decisions is rather hard for her at that time.

I mean, it does sound cliché, but the "fight, flight or freeze" response is very much real.

joined Jun 11, 2016

Since I read the raw, I want to point out something that is not spoilers but my thoughts about the November issue.
1. How hard is it for Nanase to invite Yuni to sit in the gym in order to be around her during practice? Yuni attends no club and participates no sports.
2. How hard is it for Nanase to tell everyone that Yuni is a fan and friend of hers.
3. How hard is it for Nanase POSSIBLY POKE AROUND to create a volleyball team manager job for Yuni, which makes her legit to hang around all the time.
4. How hard is it for Yuni to realize that Nanase is NOT getting fearful of coming out of the closet, but rather is a cheater. This chapter shows a part of how inconsiderate and selfish of Nanase and essentially treats Yuni a disposable f***buddy.

5. How hard is it for Nanase to go on a date with Yuni in areas where they know they will not run into classmates? In addition, have Yuni not post anything on her account so as to keep Fuuko in the dark.

Anything that is negative from Nanase applying to Yuni will be picked up by Fuuko and use that for her stalking behavior.

That's still spoilers

not really? They don't really spoil anything to me. I haven't read the raws yet but even I wonder about question 1, 2 and 6.

Also wow this chapter just makes me dislike Nanase even more. I'm not a fan of Fuuko either, stalkers are creepy, for me anyway. Tbh I hope this ends with Yuni breaking up with Nanase, grows a backbone and tells Fuuko to fuck off.

joined Jun 11, 2016

omfg, this feels like something they would definitely do XD

also, these two were so gay for each other in ep10, I hope there will be more fanarts and doujinshis of them!

joined Jun 11, 2016

Uwahhhhhhh!! Kashikaze strikes again!!!!

This makes me simp for Chisato even harder, thank you so much for the scanlation!!!

zokoi
Image Comments 05 Oct 04:49
joined Jun 11, 2016
Ezhq-6gueaadgvt-orig

ah yes, so this is what Myrtle of Durin means ;)

joined Jun 11, 2016

Well I mean, I like to say what's on my mind after a chapter. Saying what you think of a chapter and or discussing it with others is the entire point of having comments. Also the first time I complained it's more on my part being an idiot who has a very difficult time keeping track of who's who and what their relationship seem to be at X point in time because it's not in order.

The second though it's because it just makes me feel like I'm missing crucial information to get the idea of why she feels X Y Z way. And yes I could feel the same in a manga that has chapters in chronological order and that just hasn't shown a flashback that would explain why X Y Z is happening, but here because things are shown out of order I guess I'd except more to have seen what would've been considered a flashback in another way of showing the story. It's just that even if multiple things have hinted at her having something on her mind I don't have the slightest fucking idea what it could possibly be, and feel like I should have even a sliver of an idea after some hints. That's probably on me though, I'm assuming it's not that hard to form an idea on that and I just haven't maybe.

I don't dislike the manga, I wouldn't be reading it otherwise but it does give me a bit of frustration at the end of the chapters. The characters are cute, and the relations seem interesting so far even if I'm having trouble figuring them out, I just have some discomfort because I'm not used to being told stories out of order, but I don't think it's a bad thing really. I don't know if it's a good thing either, I'll make my mind about that when the story is over wether or not it enhanced or was a negative to my experience. I don't mean to say that it's shit when I express a bit of frustration over it.

Plus, man I don't remember what the fuck I said 6 days ago, i had no idea I already complained about that lmaoooooo

1) Discussing what happened in the chapter and how you feel about them is different from saying the manga's order is bad, which is what you did btw. Both of your comments were about how "out of order" the manga was, and it's less of a discussion, more of a whine.

2) Yes it's on you. The story literally had 10 chapters (I am counting chapter 0 too), re-reading it to understand the story is not that hard. If you find it troubling to read both the past and present, just read them separately.
And since it's clear that your reading comprehension is that bad, here's the hints of what happened in the past with Kanoko: chapter 2 where she had a small flashback and then pushed Shiori away, chapter 6 where she is uncomfortable with holding hands. Highschool!Kanoko had no problem doing PDAs, it's strange for OL!Kanoko to act like that, hence hinting that something happened to her that made her change.

yes well, given that you had 2 comments about your dissatisfaction with the order of the story, I assumed that you dislike it. I mean, people irl do read/watch/listen to the things they hate/dislike just so they could trash it further, so my assumption was based on that.
Also, it's clear that you do read the discussions as you even reply to me, so I find it a bit strange, did you not see your own comment right above? It's even on the same discussion page.

Ok so this chapter confirmed it, I hate highschool!Shiori.