Forum › Posts by BreadBunny

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

honestly it almost feels like next chapter the god is going to be like "alright fair enough, you've done this exact song and dance enough times at this point, sure the island will be swallowed whole and many people will die but I can't blame you for not wanting do this anymore"

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Well this got really convoluted all of a sudden...
Ignoring the thing that grabbed everyone's attention, what is even Claire talking about at the end? I get being sad for not treating her maid better but how does it imply that them being arrested is her fault? :P
Also, why have some complicated plan of blackmailing this guy so he releases a monster, when the bad guy clearly can enter the academy like he owns the place, and can presumably release the monster by himself? (Although I get that there may be reasons for that that haven't been stated yet).

Edit: also I'm fucking blind, I only noticed on the second reread that Lene holds up the knife to Claire, I was wondering why was she even arrested at the end

so the reason why Claire feels like this is her fault is probably because she thinks that if she had treated Lene better then the siblings would never have become desperate enough to make the deal where they cause unrest on purpose so they can leave and go live somewhere on their own (which like personally, maybe they shouldn't be in a relationship with their own siblings, but that's beside the point for this situation)

Also I'd wager the masked person made this deal rather than doing anything themselves because they were setting the siblings up for failure, they probably figured that whoever would cause the unrest would be found and arrested eventually so rather than doing it themselves or using any of their real agents (who they presumably have) they finds some kids who are in an incestuous relationship and manipulates them into taking a bad deal out of desperation

last edited at Mar 7, 2022 1:28PM

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

it's not gonna happen but it would be fun if Kirara ends up going, "hmm you know can I use my wish to change the way heaven works entirely because this system seems way too self-serving for me"

or alternatively "i'll use my wish to become god, your move now angels"

just really lean into the fact that she can ask for pretty much whatever she wants due to how many good deeds she's done

last edited at Mar 3, 2022 7:18PM

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

oh just straight up a real ghost huh

doesnt seem to be a straight one t ho

ha, thank you

correction "oh just gay up a real ghost huh"

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

oh just straight up a real ghost huh

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

yeah this is certainly an ending, shame about all the other plotlines that don't get a resolution (especially the transgirl).

Ah well

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Ah, a fakeout back to the future but not really. I see

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

wow this is a really concerning kind of story, I love it. It's really fun

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

God, I can kind of see it both ways, like either Seungha knows exactly what she's doing, or she's nothing but good intentions and has no idea of the conflict inside Chaeyeon's head.

Either way though Chaeyeon is not having a great time being pulled rapidly in-between finding Seungha genuinely attractive and being reminded of her childhood bully with Seungha's every move.

I am provisionally liking this though, the story is leisurely taking its time so I'm certainly waiting to definitively see whether Seungha is doing this on purpose or not, and the aftermath of it, because that's when the story is going to get most interesting for me

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

well, I have no idea of what's going on anymore but luckily these characters are over-the-top enough to make it not really matter anyway. haha

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021
Hibicharactersheet

love that the Sagittarius X Aquarius relationship is "bad influence"

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

oh this seems fun

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

ah I see, next chapter then. Alright I'll be waiting for it

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

good to see Kuori getting her government assigned girlfriend since her first love isn't working out, haha

In a way it will always be funny to me when in a yuri story a girl is rejected and is then promptly given a new love interest for the trouble

The real speedrun strat in a yuri manga is immediately confessing your love first chapter, getting rejected and then hooking up with the next girl who talks to you because that seems to be the most reliable way to get a girlfriend at this point haha

last edited at Feb 24, 2022 3:12PM

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

great to see another chapter, really fun to see them grow closer together ever so slightly. I'm starting to find I really like the vibes of this story

last edited at Feb 22, 2022 11:52AM

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

To play devil’s advocate for Makino, she didn’t really even come up with the idea to “blackmail” her sister. She was going to just talk to her about it, but her sister instantly panicked and treated it like it was blackmail and Makino just said yes instantly to the promise of money. It would have been worse if she had gone straight to blackmail in her head first but it was almost an accident here. Of course it’ll be worse the more she does it.

Don't ask people, especially friends and family, for money to keep their secrets. Regardless of it's the first thing she thought of or not it's still shitty. It also makes the MC into a complete hypocrite.

Also even if the author nonchalantly glosses over this matter and makes it seem like no big deal they've already crossed the bridge.

so it feels like this kind of discussion happens every time a story has something objectionable in it. But like I'm sure there are ways to say "I'm uncomfortable with this kind of storybeat" without trying to make it into a moral failing on the authors part especially because this is fiction and it is in fiction where these stories can exist without the terrible real life implications they can sometimes hold.

So like tldr, you can say that you're uncomfortable without taking it out on the author you know

I am fully aware of that. I often defend authors writing messed up stories. I simply find it bizarre that an author writing a story with a gay protagonist is having that protagonist use being gay against another character, and her sister no less. It comes across as incredibly disingenuous to me, and it makes me question the author's intention in a way that makes me uncomfortable.

yeah, but also the story sure is called "A scummy gap student...." like Makino is really not being set up as a beacon of righteousness, she's supposed to be shitty so if your reaction to her being shitty is like this, then this story might not be for you but also it's not the authors fault that the story is not for you and, there's no reason to make the author seem bad because of it.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

wow, extorting her sister in exchange for keeping it secret that she's gay might just be the first actually scummy thing this makino has done

I was coming here to say as much--I've previously been defending MC here, but using her sister's sexuality to blackmail her is downright scummy.

Besides, as a younger sibling myself, my advice would be to bond with her sister about their sexuality, then borrow money for sex . . .

yeah, though to clarify, i'm like honestly happy that she's doing something scummy because it's like, finally I am getting what this story promised me. haha

I agree--it's like a certain rebalancing has occurred. As the title tells us, she has "a hard life," rendering her rather likable, but in this case, also definitely scummy.

yeah, yeah because up until now we certainly had "a gap student with a hard life calls upon a lady of the night" but we were still missing that last word, so now that we're getting it I'm happy about it because I was starting to assume the scummy part was just not gonna happen which would have been a shame considering it's in the title

last edited at Feb 19, 2022 2:36PM

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

To play devil’s advocate for Makino, she didn’t really even come up with the idea to “blackmail” her sister. She was going to just talk to her about it, but her sister instantly panicked and treated it like it was blackmail and Makino just said yes instantly to the promise of money. It would have been worse if she had gone straight to blackmail in her head first but it was almost an accident here. Of course it’ll be worse the more she does it.

Don't ask people, especially friends and family, for money to keep their secrets. Regardless of it's the first thing she thought of or not it's still shitty. It also makes the MC into a complete hypocrite.

Also even if the author nonchalantly glosses over this matter and makes it seem like no big deal they've already crossed the bridge.

so it feels like this kind of discussion happens every time a story has something objectionable in it. But like I'm sure there are ways to say "I'm uncomfortable with this kind of storybeat" without trying to make it into a moral failing on the authors part especially because this is fiction and it is in fiction where these stories can exist without the terrible real life implications they can sometimes hold.

So like tldr, you can say that you're uncomfortable without taking it out on the author you know

last edited at Feb 19, 2022 2:20PM

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

wow, extorting her sister in exchange for keeping it secret that she's gay might just be the first actually scummy thing this makino has done

I was coming here to say as much--I've previously been defending MC here, but using her sister's sexuality to blackmail her is downright scummy.

Besides, as a younger sibling myself, my advice would be to bond with her sister about their sexuality, then borrow money for sex . . .

yeah, though to clarify, i'm like honestly happy that she's doing something scummy because it's like, finally I am getting what this story promised me. haha

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

wow, extorting her sister in exchange for keeping it secret that she's gay might just be the first actually scummy thing makino has done

last edited at Feb 19, 2022 12:23PM

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

to be fair, the sister is absolutely made to contrast with Matoi. So her being a bit over the top libidinous is fine considering her role in the story

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

so you become sister by exchanging blood, and Eve says they haven't done that. But Emielle has already given Eve her blood to help her heal. So really they've already done at least half of the bloodoath. wonder if that'll become a plotpoint later.

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

fun sexy little oneshot and it seems like these characters show up a lot in this artists other art too

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

damn so my earlier comment might have been correct, maybe we will get Matoi who thought she was ace until she falls for Yuriko, and Yuriko who is ace. And the story surrounding that, that would be fun.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

I really like that they just do not show us the higher level villainess tasks anymore, because like I'm sure they still exist but for the purposes of this story they don't matter because Yvonne is never going to even consider them so they don't even need to show up anymore.

It's probably just laziness but it really adds to the storytelling in a way