Forum › Posts by Ropponmatsu

Ropponmatsu
Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

I'm sure it's been suggested before, but I think it would be nice to have the ability to send private messages to other users, or perhaps allow signatures, where one might put contact info if desired.

I'm sure there are reasons why these features are not available though...?

Ropponmatsu
joined Jan 11, 2015

Concerning Mahiro x Mahiru, it's been canon that they aren't twins since the very first chapter they were introduced (ch14). They don't even have the same family name (Ogi Mahiru & Ooshita Mahiro), and this is also spotlighted in a later chapter about them.

Yeah, the explanations people have come up with for how they're totally actually twins guys have all been pretty big reaches. They're just weirdly identical friends who have intentionally maximized their similarity.

It's hard to tell in most pictures, because the author's style, but in some of the more detailed drawings, such as page 6-7 of ch67, it's noticable that Mahiro has tsurime and a smaller chest, while Mahiru has tareme and a slightly larger chest.

In most of the pictures they are drawn identically, save for hair colour though... =ω=

Ropponmatsu
joined Jan 11, 2015

I'm 99% sure it's just a nickname, because of how they look and act. But hey, that's just, like, my opinion man.

joined Jan 11, 2015

Has anyone read The Sad Story of Emmeline Burns? I'm kinda worried about reading it, after Asphyxia... I'm wondering if it has any of the same things I disliked about Asphyxia, like the het and alcohol and smoking etc.?

Yes, I like my yuri "pure", so what? =ω=

Ropponmatsu
joined Jan 11, 2015

Having read the original RAWs, I'd say that the original Japanese is just as ambiguous. She thinks "あたし・・・優にされてる時って・・・こんなかおしちゃってるんだ・・・", which pretty much translates to "So... This is how I look... When Yuu is doing me...".

As for what I think, as much as the sexual tension between them could be cut with scissors, I don't think they've gone all the way yet. Yuu's a bit too shy for that, IMO.

Concerning Mahiro x Mahiru, it's been canon that they aren't twins since the very first chapter they were introduced (ch14). They don't even have the same family name (Ogi Mahiru & Ooshita Mahiro), and this is also spotlighted in a later chapter about them.

joined Jan 11, 2015

Hmm, seems worth checking out. Thanks for the tip!

joined Jan 11, 2015

MFW Reading stuff by Yonurime.

The new Touhou doujin also had that effect...

last edited at May 31, 2016 2:13PM

Ropponmatsu
joined Jan 11, 2015

I'm glad becky gets a good ending even when you're not doing her route. If not, it would've been even more heartwrenching.

Ropponmatsu
Water Depth discussion 31 May 14:03
joined Jan 11, 2015

Omigawd, I was so bloody nervous it was gonna end badly. Dear Suzumiya, my heart... D:

joined Jan 11, 2015

Yes, that one's great, but I've read it. T^T

I think I've read most stuff on this site that isn't het, or doujins related to things I'm not familiar with.
Then again, I'm not familiar with Love Live, Aikatsu, or Idolmaster... so I guess that's 50% of the site... ;D

Ropponmatsu
joined Jan 11, 2015

rincewind posted:

But I think that you don't need to have a event every week to unlock the events of two characters.

I have no clue. I played LLTQ for like 10 minutes then got overwhelmed with possibilities and never touched it again. It is second time I use this kind of system so I don't know how it works. And I don't know how much time I have to interact with characters so I just assumed every week matter.

Certain events have a timer, but it is mostly rather generous. While I was savescumming to some extent, it wasn't too hard to manage three routes in the first part of the VN.

All characters only have a certain amount of events, so if you put one event off in favour of another, it will still be there waiting next week, and provided you do one event a week, you have more than enough weeks to manage 3 characters/routes.

joined Jan 11, 2015

I kinda need to rinse my palate with after being suckerpunched by Asphyxia, and then being murdered in horrible ways in Long Live The Queen for a few hours today...

Now to find something so saccharine it makes my head pop into confetti of lilies... =ω=

Ropponmatsu
joined Jan 11, 2015

Uuuuugh... I've been messing around with Long Live The Queen today... It's like the Dark Souls of visual novels... >.<
I have to git gud. =ω=

joined Jan 11, 2015

I very strongly recommend Starlight Vega, if you havn't tried it yet. It has three really strong main routes/girls, and one shorter, but still statisfying harem ending. I loved it to bits. Melody's route was so romantic it gave me butterlies~♪

Ropponmatsu
Image Comments 31 May 11:29
Ropponmatsu
joined Jan 11, 2015

I suppose I didn't really think about it, since I'm a terrible savescummer in general, lol.

joined Jan 11, 2015

I just finished one route of Asphyxia (yes, I'm on a roll, I know).

While it is a well-written story about teen angst and clinical depression, it is rather short/lacking in resolution.
More than that, however, I was caught off guard by the, I suppose, realism of the story.
There is alcohol and vomiting, cigarettes, non-virgins (het), and implied het rape. For a story about girls in their mid-teens, it was a lot more than I'd bargained for.

If you're not as sensitive as me about the things mentioned above, and enjoy the Aaaaaangst tag, it might be worth a look. However if you like your stories cute and with an uplifting resolution, like me, then stay the hell away from it. x)

Ropponmatsu
joined Jan 11, 2015

Just savescum it like I did... Ufufu

joined Jan 11, 2015

I just finished all the routes of Strawberry Vinegar. I really liked it, and it's very cute and heartwarming, depending on your choices of course... getting 100% of the routes and CGs meant I had to be a total frigid bitch at times... Didn't feel very good... But such are the woes of the completionist~ * dramatic gesture *

last edited at May 31, 2016 6:12AM

Ropponmatsu
joined Jan 11, 2015

Lavinia is... Lavinia, lol. I enjoyed her route, but it ended just as it started getting good. :<

Edit:
Yes, Minchin is an awful bitch. The guardian being an awful person seems to be a theme in many stories from that time, where children are the main characters.

last edited at May 31, 2016 3:45AM

joined Jan 11, 2015

Gawd friggin dammit... =_=

Ropponmatsu
Pharah x Mercy fanart 30 May 04:48
joined Jan 11, 2015

Cheers love!

And if you're feeling down, there's no better medicine than some cute yuri!

Ropponmatsu
Pharah x Mercy fanart 30 May 01:25
joined Jan 11, 2015

I'd make un upload request, but I don't know the author or original source.

I dunno about y'all, but I'd totally ship this... Ufufu~❤

Edit: moar.

And some Tracer x D.Va for good measure.

last edited at May 30, 2016 1:35AM

Ropponmatsu
joined Jan 11, 2015

For those who read japanese, you can get the raws up until the current chapter here.

joined Jan 11, 2015

She's got her act together more than me, and I'm soon 30, so I don't know how I should feel about that... ;x

Edit:
Also, playing/reading this VN when you're hungry is total torture...

last edited at May 29, 2016 12:42AM