Forum › Posts by Fipse

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I am more and more digging the RihanaxMikan...

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Everyone is sympathising with Chimi, but no one is sympathising with Eri? I don't think she has a choice either.

Eh she had? What if she simply said no? There is no law in Japan that you have to marry somebody.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

How common is this forced marr-- I mean arranged marriage in japan?

Anyways... I felt like gauging my eyes out when the story ended with no answer... I really hate cliffhanger-ish endings.

It happens but not that common anymore.
Which makes me wonder why it is still so popular to use in Yuri stories. Yes, it is a very easy way to generate drama but it also destroys the characters. When was the last time the girl just said "Fuck you. I am going to life with my girlfriend!" in a yuri story? Seemingly strong female characters suddenly follow every command their mother/father gives them.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Horrible. What is with that marriage bullshit? Just marrying some random guy because....well because DRAMA!

Fipse
Lemonade discussion 19 Apr 06:24
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I sometimes wonder if this manga would be better received if it had been released altogether instead of randomly chapter by chapter

but all well what are there, 22 chapters? guess we're entering the home stretch now.

7 more chapters of suffering for 2 panels of payoff...

Fipse
Citrus discussion 09 Apr 13:18
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I am taking bets: Which drama comes next? Arranged marriage or one of them moves to the USA? No limits!

PS: I already know how this is going to end. We will see one real kiss on the last 2 pages and then bam. Manga ends. 20 chapters of drama for 2 pages of happiness.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I actually enjoyed reading this. It was unexpected and non-cliche...or maybe because i'm a huge fan of angst in my yuri...

The problem people have isnt with the angst, the problem is that it was A) out of left field
B) a slap across the face to yuri fans (look at the title)
C)Made the first girl look like a complete bitch
D) made no goddamn sense, why would you go that far and then say "lets just be friends"? NO JUST NO.

E) Missleading tags that make people belief it is another cute yuri story.

That too also i just realized......this is basically my little sister cant be this cute yuri version...........(marries her then says, "nope sorry cant do this its wrong" EVEN THOUGH YOU ALREADY MARRIED HER)

Only that there he keeps his relationship with her (in secret)

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I actually enjoyed reading this. It was unexpected and non-cliche...or maybe because i'm a huge fan of angst in my yuri...

The problem people have isnt with the angst, the problem is that it was A) out of left field
B) a slap across the face to yuri fans (look at the title)
C)Made the first girl look like a complete bitch
D) made no goddamn sense, why would you go that far and then say "lets just be friends"? NO JUST NO.

E) Missleading tags that make people belief it is another cute yuri story.

Fipse
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I have no problem with you disliking it (opinions and all that), but your opinion seems grounded in faulty reasoning. Just because it's a fictional world doesn't mean that you can just reject logic and the reasonable progression of characters and their dynamics as the world changes around them.

Well i do not reject logic, i just reject "real world" logic on a fictional setting. Nanoha and Fate being enemies just seems very wrong for this setting. Just looking at that makes it feel wrong to me. That is not the Nanoha franchise, it is a fanfic. Of course, anybody can write one and everybody is free to enjoy it (or hate it).

I just can't see that characters going that way. That development does not convince me that both would go this extreme way. Neither would Hayate. They would find a way to work together. Sure, they would disagree on certain things but never actual fight. It is a forced plot to make an edgy and dark Doujin for the sake of being edgy and dark.

Fipse
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Bah posted to early.

Also, don't try to apply the real life logic. It is an Anime/Manga universe. Those three would never fight each other. It is only a Fanfic, a bad one i would even say. It tries to be dark and edgy so hard that it ruins the characters and their dynamics. So much that you could just take any other canon and put it into this scenario.

Fipse
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Fate clearly does not know what is going on. If she knew what was going on she would avoid fighting because it would be exactly that what Hayate wants. Look at what Fate says during their fight. She clearly has no idea what is going on and why Nanoha is fighting her.

Fipse
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I can't remember some of the side characters names, but here we go.

The use of physical weapons (guns) grew amongst the people of the dimensions and resulted in a staggering increase in murder and instability. To counter this, the governmental use of androids and guns was proposed but rejected by the TSAB due to their charter forbidding it, until Subaru and Ginga's father was killed and support for the proposal grew. After it was still rejected, Hayate initiated a coup and instilled her godfather as the new Council Leader who would approve the proposition and pretty much gave Hayate an army of androids. Fate and the others refused to recognize the new council and were declared traitors who are now fighting to return the TSAB to its former state. The rebels revealed all this to the public to cause some of the people to revolt to their side, and used Vivio as something to unify the rebels, the church, the ones who just revolted, and every other faction opposed to the New Council. According to Signum and Agito, this was all part of Hayate's plan to divide the world into two groups and, seemingly, determine which group was better.

I really wish they would release a proper sequel/conclusion to this considering it's loads better than Force. Nanoha, Fate, Signum, and all the rest have someone to fight who's actually on their level without having some bullshit anti-magic, there's no new male protagonist who can kill everyone by thinking it, and, most importantly, those jackets are badass.

Problem is, they are all so heavy out of character. Why the hell did they not inform Fate about this plan? Nanoha and Fate fighting with Nanoha not even explaining her reasons? Seriously? That is the most stupid, artificial drama ever.

Fipse
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Ok so...why are Nanoha and Fate fighting?

Fipse
Lemonade discussion 20 Jan 13:20
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Is this really a yuri series?

I really hate that question a bit more every time it pops up, so excuse me if I'm coming of a bit harsh here: This isn't a new series. I obviously have the book. So what's even the alternative here? That this is actually a straight romance and we are putting literally dozens of hours into an elaborate troll? Yeah, that doesn't sound like a waste of time at all.

Yes, you are being too impatient, we just got through the setup. If you really can't tell yet where this story will go, you should in the next chapter.

Without your comment i would have mistaken it as a non-yuri series. It just has that "feel" to it.

I can understand why yuri fans are a bit more careful. Wouldn't be the first time that we got fooled ;)

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I doubt Vivio will ever bring home a boyfriend...

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Plenty of subtext here. Don't think it will go anywhere but it is very cute.

Fipse
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Cute but way to short.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Seems like it needs a Yuri tag?

Yuri? I don't see any Yuri. But i do see Sayaka/Homura friendshipping!