Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/futari_monologue_ch03#3
girl somewhat smiling without looking like a mass murderer = somewhat progress

last edited at Oct 19, 2017 3:24AM

Melon
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Why would she do that - because she likes Maya and understands that she might lose her.

Do you know what a great way to lose the person you like? Disappearing without a trace and then showing up years later with a kid just because the kid's dad died and now you need someone to help you.

Yeah, maybe her motifs are/were not the romantic ones.

Michiru has not done a damn thing to make up for that level of betrayal. You really can't even say that she truly loves Maya, Maya's point of view that Michiru is just moving from one solid foundation to another is completely backed up with what we have seen. Even Michiru becoming more independent work wise resulted in her relying on Maya more and more dealing with her kid. If someone more suitable with taking care of a kid shows up then why would Michiru stay with Maya instead? She has already shown that she can leave without a care, nothing has shown that she won't do that again when opportunity strikes.

True, the trust between them is gone. And I'm not making any excuses for Michiru. I'm just saying that i think she is well written, even though some might hate her for what she has done.
Personally I think she cared, that's why she left. She was just being immature and she couldn't handle it. She lacks basic human interaction (she just runs every time), even her kid knows better how to behave.
Actually, I think the guy who likes her will probably be used to prove that she has changed and that Maya can rely on her or will be able to do so in the future. But maybe not, we'll see.

I guess I wouldn't have the patience to deal with someone like her either. it's just nice to see her evolve. Personally after disappearing I couldn't trust her either, though. But people and feelings can be strange...

Even if Maya doesn't love the guy, at least he loves her enough to give her what she wants even if that means not being with him. Michiru doesn't even come close to that. Maya needs to find someone else because Michiru is nothing but trouble.

Yeah, maybe... but not as bad as can be, at least in my opinion.

last edited at Oct 18, 2017 6:22PM

Melon
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

In love with this manga. I'm re-reading this from the start and I have to say, even though Michiru is disliked by a lot of people, I get her in some ways. She is very selfish, unable to handle things on her own and immature in the beginning. Also she is down-right overextended with her life and probably doesn't think she can do it, so she doesn't try or gives up as soon as obstacles occur. I mean it IS easier to just rely on others.
But it's also very sad. She must never have learnt to do a lot of things (like communicating your feelings or what to do when your child is sick). So she depends on others a lot and at first she thinks that there are no consequences for that, Basically she is very immature and one can't understand why Maya would put up with this. It is even more awesome, however, what character development she goes through once she realises that she will have to learn things for herself.
She does understand that it can't go on like this. She understands that she is dead weight to Maya and she starts to work to become independent. Why would she do that - because she likes Maya and understands that she might lose her. No healthy relationship (including friendship) can be based on the way things were in chapter one. But when Michiru becomes more independent they could be a couple on equal terms where one doesn't always take and the other doesn't always have to give. However, if this is supposed to happen Michiru will have a hard time convinving Maya, because she hurt her a lot in the past and Maya doesn't believe in this relationship anymore. (That might be the next 3 Volumes :D)
Also I'm not digging the het couples (even though the guys are great), because you can't ignore your feelings. It will end badly (been there, done that), it is unfair to the other person and it will most likely end badly from my experience.

Long text short: I like carefully written character development :> and i dig this any way it works out as long as it stays in character. Because so far this is great.

last edited at Oct 18, 2017 10:26AM

Melon
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

6 years later and I'm still waiting for a miracle... T.T

Melon
Image Comments 16 Oct 17:26
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013
Tumblr_oxgwznu70o1unm603o2_raw

I like how there's no panels (and I guess I missed the point, lol xD nice art anyways)

Melon
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I'm so glad this site exists * v * thanks for introducing me to another gem.

last edited at Oct 13, 2017 2:56AM

Melon
Image Comments 08 Oct 14:49
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013
Tumblr_nh6r09wbll1rb5e48o1_r1_1280

family is family, adopted or not. this is cute.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

This manga is like a car accident in slow motion. I know something bad's going to happen, but I can't look away.

Good thing, though, that we know it will end well.

Melon
Image Comments 29 Sep 10:10
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013
P_01

*smartass_appears @ Polycell They do breath, because they take up oxygen through their trachea system. ... :P *smartass_vanishes

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

so cute. :3

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

So, did Kuro actually cheat on Miyabi? I feel like it was implied. But in the next chapter, it seems like it had no consequences at all...

Melon
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Otsu Hiyori is the best! I just adore her plain but beautiful drawing style and how her characters are sometimes so not cute that they are cute and adorable again :D

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

bleh, but such nice art. I liked it, I think

Melon
Citrus discussion 22 Jul 02:56
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

This is just getting better and better. also Mei in pants is unexpectedly superhot :3

Melon
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

omigosh, this was an awesome read. Adult life tag is the best xD and gorgeous art, story was also okay, i need more :>

Melon
Nutmeg discussion 08 Jun 11:23
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Yaaaaaaaa :D Otsu Hiyori :3 Man after such a long day this is bliss :)

Melon
Beloved L discussion 01 Jun 16:31
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I swear this webtoon gets more beautiful every chapter.
And wow, Ding Yi is pretty mature, might be even more mature than Xiao Wei.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Man, this is cute! And such great art style :3 Wish there was more, but I can wait. hides behind a corner and creepyly lurks around

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

this is nice... lighthearted and sweet so far

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

One word: Adorable.

last edited at Jan 10, 2017 7:26PM

Melon
Beloved L discussion 13 Dec 16:18
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Gooooooorgeous art. I can't even express how much I'm digging this, >:3

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Awesome read! Dialoge was a bit of a mess, but I loved the art and the dynamics between the women.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I like the black haired girl. it would be interesting if reo and glasses girl were set up together in this story, because then the relationship between Reo and Meiko would need to evolve and it wouldn't be as corny.
Still, whenever someone in a story tells someone they are cute and then they take off the glasses and are gorgeous, I want to facepalm...

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

This whole thing is starting to grow on me a bit. Not because it's a good story, because lordy, it ain't. It's just that it's so clumsy that it falls over its own feet, but keeps doggedly stumbling along, running into walls and banging into furniture. It's charming, in a weird, self-destructive way.

you paint a nice and fitting picture there, lol^^

This story is not horrible, it is just rather immature. Does anyone know how old the author is? Because it feels like a story I would have written when I was like 13 (without the smut parts ^_^ ). Still it is interesting to see if my predictions on the story come to life.^^

Melon
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

the cuteness! I can't take that much.^^
I notice more and more age gap and office lady tagged manga. Thank you kind uploaders :D