Forum › Posts by BreadBunny

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

this one's a sequel to the first story in this collection btw. If you're having a hard time finding what it's supposed to be a sequel for

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

ah yes this story ends kind of the only way it could have ended. with a good cry

last edited at Mar 22, 2022 7:42PM

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

huh, well somehow I didn't expect these girls to be normal people who are living in an astrology themed dorm.

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

gonna be honest here the people calling this an infodump have just the singularly lowest standards I've ever seen this is like 10 sentences at most and it's all relevant to their conversation, that's not an infodump that's a realistic conversation when you're queer and don't quite know how yet.

I may come off a little rude here but like, come on

last edited at Mar 21, 2022 8:22PM

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

love chapter ten doing a dive into the ace spectrum for a bit to give Matoi a better idea of where she stands and giving us demi rep too with Rio.

Feels like this manga is really revving up to give us the whole ace experience haha

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

yeah the incest is icky, but it is there to give them a reason to be desperate enough to do what they did. While still being at their core good enough people to want them to get a relatively good ending

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

I really love that line from Akebi saying that everything she's ever looked forward to having turned out to be something special. Because she brings out the best in people, she makes people want to put their all into things so everytime she gets to look forward to something everyone involved will just end up wanting to do their best and make it something special even if it isn't objectively "good".

Hebimori's guitar playing doesn't need to be "good" she justs needs to go at it with all her heart and soul and it'll be something special, it'll be something fun and exciting and it'll be remembered fondly even if she doesn't play well. And I really love that about this series because Akebi does that to people, she just constantly makes people want to do their best and live their best life.

last edited at Mar 18, 2022 2:42PM

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

is this it? the mythical... platonic yuri!

well besides the stupid joke, I do rather like this one, it's a breath of fresh air to see two people who are really at their core just friends and also certainly closer to each other than they'll ever be to anyone else. It's nice to see

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

very cute

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

damn there's a whole story being told here

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

you know I somehow didn't expect the teacher to be a good teacher, haha.

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

wow I can't believe they are just literally having sex haha

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

I do like that it's Ji Youyan who broke up with Jing Xiu and not the other way around because that means she needs to win her trust back rather than her heart, and it also makes it a lot easier to see why Jing Xiu would even want to go back to this relationship.

Jing Xiu's not the one who ended it the first time and presumably given a good enough reason to trust Ji Youyan she'll want to return to it, but of course her trust needs to be won back first because nobody wants a broken heart and there's no way Jing Xiu is going to want a broken heart twice.

I think that dynamic actually makes the story way more interesting, it seems like Ji Youyan did majorly mess up her life before traveling back in time, we can see in the very first chapter how she wakes up in tears, so she seems to be aware of having done bad and the reckless behaviour leading to her death was probably motivated by this.

Having her reincarnated at a point in time where she can't undo her past mistakes (i.e. not breaking up), but where she still is in a position to try and fix them and avoid both of them crashing and burning is perfect for dramatic tension. I also think that the dynamic of having to regain the Jing Xiu's trust and seriously addressing her mistakes of the past is refreshing.

yeah yeah yeah, it's also notable that she originally died of alcohol poisoning and the like, and that when she returned back to the past she immediately quit working with her agency and moved to another, then also talking a little about how that agency was basically shelving her leaving her to wallow with nothing to do. It really does seem like Ji Youyan used to be in a very bad place both from a working perspective and mentally considering she drank herself to death.

And with her returning to the halfway point between her breaking up with Jing Xiu and dying she's immediately pulled herself out of the rut that would have otherwise continued until her death three years later.

last edited at Mar 15, 2022 8:52AM

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

I love this manga these women will create a cat out of nothing and then when pressed for questions will simply make it real haha

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

I do like that it's Ji Youyan who broke up with Jing Xiu and not the other way around because that means she needs to win her trust back rather than her heart, and it also makes it a lot easier to see why Jing Xiu would even want to go back to this relationship.

Jing Xiu's not the one who ended it the first time and presumably given a good enough reason to trust Ji Youyan she'll want to return to it, but of course her trust needs to be won back first because nobody wants a broken heart and there's no way Jing Xiu is going to want a broken heart twice.

last edited at Mar 14, 2022 6:03PM

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

the employee at the restaurant they keep going to really is just standing there like "these bitches gay"

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

another teacher threw up blood because of a stress ulcer, and sensei is not feeling too good while thinking about all the ways Satsuki causes trouble and winding himself up when he realises just how much the other staff members look down on her. I don't like where this foreshadowing is taking us.

Satsuki is going to kill this man with a stress ulcer and it's not going to be pretty.

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

yes yes yes yes, this is exactly what I have been hoping for since chapter 1. Oh this is great. In my opinion this is what makes the previous chapters, the discomfort, the teasing, all of it hinged on this. A moment where intentions are made clear and it is shown that Seungha doesn't mean to make Chaeyeon uncomfortable and did so unintentionally. The friction getting release and now some good drama ensues

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

wouldn't it be fun if Yvonne walks in on this situation incorrectly assumes this is a love confession and is then finally opened up to the idea that Elsa's romantic interests are allowed to include women, and maybe... herself.

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

yeah I like to keep in mind that this is technically all happening inside a game, which makes the scenes like this one where they argue about if Bai Yuegang would be into Luo Yuan if she weren't straight, objectively hilarious to me. Lan Sha sure is taking this to her knowledge mostly normal game exceedingly serious but I suppose a little suspension of disbelief is fine otherwise Lan Sha would not have any stakes in this game.

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

ah I imagine this is the mom or someone closely related here to break up the couple, wonder how exactly Naori will win her over... prolly with some good alcohol of course but still I'd be happy to see it happen

To hell with "winning her over", Naori is in a room full of alcohol, time to splash it all over that ogre's face :P She has clear advantage in this situation.

If Naori tried to splash the ogre on purpose, that would technically be considered as offering it and it wouldn't do jack. Most she could do is build a vodka fort for protection or something.

easy solution drench yourself in alcohol and the ogre is shit out of luck

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

ah I imagine this is the mom or someone closely related here to break up the couple, wonder how exactly Naori will win her over... prolly with some good alcohol of course but still I'd be happy to see it happen

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

let me spell it out for you, you're being homophobic by equating being gay with incestuous relationships it really is that simple

as for why incestuous relationships in real life are bad and gross well.

First of all of course the matter of what happens to kids when both of their parents are closely related I don't think I have to explain that one in detail now do I?

Second incestuous relationships even outside of the issues with having kids are inherently incredibly wonky due to three big reasons, the inability to leave, power dynamics, and age gaps.

Now what do I mean by this, the inability to leave. In many cases if a familymember is coming on to you, you would not be able to simply leave and be certain that you'll never have to see them again, instead regardless of your own wants they will be able to insert themselves into your life largely whenever they want which is obviously bad.

Secondly, power dynamics. In a family people of previous generations often hold more respect and thus more power in this family, if they come on to you and you don't want them to it is your word against theirs and due to the closeness of your familial relationships this means that depending on how they are related to you they can do anything from turning your parents against you to being your parent and taking full control of your life. Due to this inherent wonkyness no incestuous relationship can really ever be truly even and thus is bad.

Age Gaps, normally not that big a deal as long as you're both adults, however due the relative closeness of family if one of your familymembers were to come on to you they will likely already be able to do before you are of age, depending on the circumstances they might not be of age either at that point but unless the person coming onto you is your twin they will be either older or younger.
Hold that though, if they're older and they come on to you that is effectively grooming, they are taking the power they hold over you and use it to make you think that an incestuous relationship is okay when it's not, if they're younger then you hold the responsibility to say no, because if you do say yes you are taking advantage of them, wow what a concept. Of course this all concerns underage relationships because once you are of age you are considered to be capable of understanding and making your own choices.

In effect there is a vanishingly small amount of scenario's in which an incestuous relationship would not be inherently toxic, abusive, or downright bad to whatever children you are planning to have. On the other hand gay relationships have next to none of these problems which is why equating the two is wrong, homophobic and of course incredibly gross. thank you for coming to my TED talk. I know I will not change your mind but at least now no one else will have to spend ten minutes typing an essay in an effort to lay this argument to rest

last edited at Mar 7, 2022 7:33PM

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Don't worry you can be gay and homophobic you are right now, also don't bring trans people into this and stop equating us with incest. It's gross and dehumanizing, least of all the exact arguments homophobes use to justify their bigotry not the other way around.

last edited at Mar 7, 2022 6:55PM

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

With the incest I am geniuenly quite shcoked at how I have seen quite a lot of people disgusted and shocked by it. I'll be honest, I am probably just really desensitize to it after having read lot of trashy manga

Heck have you been reading? I've read manga for the most of three decades and nothing really comes to mind.

Unless you are talking about hentai, I don't read that.

incest or incest as a joke is surprisingly common in manga, have you ever seen a siscon or brothercon character that's meant to be incestuous, not that it makes it any better but it really does show up a lot, though to be fair it is also mostly a symptom of bad manga so you could just have been reading exclusively good material and managed to stay clear of the garbage

last edited at Mar 7, 2022 2:52PM