Forum › Posts by rainbow8

joined Jan 14, 2020

Not sure why I'm getting the vibes rio is the type that likes to mess around with different guys and what ruriko doesn't want to talk about might be rio always brought different dudes back when they lived together. Maybe I've read too many this kind of drama, hope I'm wrong.

Yeah, my gut guess was her "place to stay" was with a guy from online dating (or maybe that she knows from before) and she just got thrown out (or threatened or worse.)

joined Jan 14, 2020

How to add this to my lists? Anyone who know?

Upper right, to the left if your username, is a drop down menu, with the lists.

Or click "Lists" and you can create a new list.

last edited at Sep 9, 2022 2:35PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/i_wont_sleep_with_you_for_free_ch05

Do mangaka do this by hand, or trace out a photo? So detailed...

joined Jan 14, 2020

I'm unclear. Does that mean the manga is being cut early, or that it's successfully adapted the novel and we're just 'behind'?

joined Jan 14, 2020

How does Rio afford her travels?

joined Jan 14, 2020

Once again, capitalism's brutal working conditions rear their ugly head and aim to destroy the joy of two lesbiabs. Woe.

Yes, they should have looked in Venezuela....

Well, it's true that trying to adopt an economic system which will cause the world's biggest military, espionage and economic power to go after you is unlikely to work out well. But that has little to do with the specifics of what you're doing, and mostly to do with the empire not liking you.

Actually it can have a whole lot to do with the specifics of what you're doing, but we probably shouldn't argue about Venezuela in this thread.

joined Jan 14, 2020

I want to one day click on the chapter and see the "subtext" tag replaced by "yuri" :(

Going by this chapter, it'll happen because Hitomi hooks up with crying-girl (Niwa?)

rainbow8
joined Jan 14, 2020

Why contract sisters then? Seems like a weird way to shoot the romance thing in the foot?

Not if you're a siscon!

joined Jan 14, 2020

I see you've missed the key word, she write "bring your studying materials just to be safe". I'm pretty sure it's just studying

I missed typing the word, but I hadn't missed reading it. If she plans studying, why would she say "just to be safe"? And why would she say she can't do the more extreme 'courses'?

Then what kind of materials she want Makino to bring ? They didn't even start doing sexy time and she gonna ask her to bring toys ? Does she even have those ?

She's telling Makino to bring study materials, as a cover to justify their being together. In case they nearly get caught cuddling or whatever.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Spent 3 months in Japan in 2019. While I have no memory of what places did or didn't take credit cards, I do see that very few expense lines were with credit card. Though I also see that I sometimes used CC at a restaurant I went to a lot, but mostly cash; ditto a grocery store. So sometimes they did take CC but I was just part of cash culture.

I also apparently paid cash for a $145 Shinkansen ticket? I would be skeptical and think I left off the 'cc', but it's immediately preceded by an unusually high ATM fee.

Vs. lots of CC lines in Australia. Probably would have been even more if I'd had a 'tap' card at the time; I didn't, and think I had to sign a lot, which deterred me.

joined Jan 14, 2020

I see you've missed the key word, she write "bring your studying materials just to be safe". I'm pretty sure it's just studying

I missed typing the word, but I hadn't missed reading it. If she plans studying, why would she say "just to be safe"? And why would she say she can't do the more extreme 'courses'?

joined Jan 14, 2020

Love this series to pieces, but the small uploads are very frustrating/ annoying. I’d rather wait longer and have a full chapter uploaded

Honestly, we should be happy that we do get 4 pages of this quality and polish p much every week. That's a lot of work.

It is, though as I've noted, 3-4 pages a week is common for high-volume webcomics.

I can see wanting 16 pages a month instead of 4 a week, fewer chapters to manage. But whatever.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Satou 100% is going to get her to study as it's only an hour and oh boy she isn't listening at all and will need it.

"Bring your materials just to be safe" and "I can't do the long or health [sex?] course" doesn't sound like studying to me.

As for the parents... they're pushy in the sense of "you need to be doing something useful", but I figure they would back off and be supportive if Makino actually wanted to do something else (that they approved of). It's not "we have your life planned out for you" but "since you DON'T, here do this, we're not supporting a NEET if we can help it."

joined Jan 14, 2020

Less ecchi, more hentai, in sex and plot.

Chapter 3 is hysterical, the comparison between superchatting a vtuber and paying for a prostitute is... really something

The office play made me think of live-action Chaturbate.

joined Jan 14, 2020

So hopefully we'll get a new chapter soon! But variation of a few weeks, eh, life happens.

joined Jan 14, 2020

The last chapter came out only a month ago, compared to a 9 month gap between chapters 5 and 6.

rainbow8
Reliance discussion 26 Aug 00:15
joined Jan 14, 2020

Meanwhile, chapter 6 is "what?" for me.

rainbow8
joined Jan 14, 2020

Introversion/extroversion is a spectrum.

True, including 'ambiverts' who can be energized by interactions with close friends while drained by interactions with more distant people, and other combinations (I'm that, plus being energized by a bit of casual interaction with distant people, low-stress seeing faces and such), but there are also still other axes as I mentioned.

rainbow8
joined Jan 14, 2020

That's not what being an introvert is. You can communicate very well and be introverted or be extroverted and lack any actual communication skills. Introvert doesn't mean "someone who's never learned to say what they feel or think, oh and also they are on the spectrum"
Genuine communication is a skill a lot of extroverts lack

Yeah, introversion/extroversion (how socializing affects your energy levels), shy/outgoing, emotional awareness, and communication skills are like 4 different axes. They may correlate but don't have to.

last edited at Aug 25, 2022 2:11PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

why can't we have a normal comments section...

You must be new to the Internet.

rainbow8
joined Jan 14, 2020

Anemone is in heat

rainbow8
joined Jan 14, 2020

It's not like yelling at Mom would bring their childhoods back.

Might make them feel better, venting, but that's all it could accomplish.

So, where will Matsuri go to college? Will she be able to keep visiting Sunflower?

last edited at Aug 24, 2022 2:05PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

super sorry in advance but i really don't want to comb through this discussion to see what people are referring to by consent so can someone please summarize why people are criticizing this manga?

They're saying music-girl has been improperly leading on gyaru-girl by not telling her that she is "onii-chan".

joined Jan 14, 2020

Double fake-out: ex-lover, then 'marriage'.

I thought singles and lesbian couples couldn't adopt in Japan.

Nice read overall.

last edited at Aug 23, 2022 1:06PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

Well, do we know if her parents died, vs. simply being 'abandoned' to the orphanage? If not, mom theory could live...