Forum › Posts by Melon

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I'm usually more into the more mature age gap, but this one was adorable xD

Melon
Citrus discussion 18 Feb 06:03
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

What I liked about this manga was the character development of Mei. Despite all the shit she constantly pulled off (some you could understand, some was just stupid), you could see her falling for Yuzu. I always hoped she would give something back to Yuzu, but all she ever did was take. With this bitter letter she confessed her feelings and is also running away from them. So it's 10000 steps backwards again (and a huge stab into Yuzu's heart). I understand that Mei is bound by her heritage, but that still doesn't give her the right to treat the one she supposedly loves like that. Then again, Mei is a 15 year old girl, so how grown up can you expect her to be. It's still a pity that all the character developement that could have been so good, was just destroyed.

last edited at Feb 18, 2018 6:04AM

Melon
Citrus discussion 17 Feb 16:18
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Uh-oh, what do you guys think? Will Mei get married and Yuzu crash the marriage ceremony?

I don't think it'll get to that. On another note, I think it's weird that Ume (Yuzu's mom) hasn't realized what's going on between the girl after Mei told her not to say anything to Yuzu, and I wonder where she was going in this chapter (meeting with Mei, maybe?) and what Yuzu was going to tell her before stopping herself.

I think the mom must have noticed something. Or she still believes that Yuzu is sad because she loved her very much as a sister. well... She might as well be meeting the father...? But he could just come home...?

The fancé has also a lot of potential of breaking through this dilemma. He should notice something too... Mei also asked him not to tell Yuzu and he knows that Yuzu likes someone, she worked to get the money for the rings after all... I even bet, that Mei kept the ring and that he could find and recognize it.

last edited at Feb 17, 2018 4:31PM

Melon
Citrus discussion 17 Feb 16:02
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Uh-oh, what do you guys think? Will Mei get married and Yuzu crash the marriage ceremony?

Melon
Citrus discussion 17 Feb 15:57
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Please don't let Mei fuck the fiance!... I feel like i have to write this 10 times and then sacrifice a goat over an altar to Satan, so that, for the price of my soul, my wish will come true

That won't happen.
Japanese fans loved this chapter (while being sad, how could they not) because of Mei's POV, and they're very hopeful. As I said earlier, completely different reactions.

Maybe it's because in western shows there is often really shitty endings for the lesbian couples and people have gotten maybe a bit oversensitive. Don't know how it is in Japanese media. It's probably not even portrait directly there, whereas in western culture it is still used to "shock" people -> "what can we do to make the show more interesting?" "let's have two girls kissing, because it's sexy, they can still end up with men after two seasons." That might be some of the producer's line of thought...
Well, I still have hope. There are always some signs to begin with, if it's a shitty queerbaiting storyline or some actual romantic story. And here the signs still point to YURI :3 (aside from the mangaka's statement, too.)

Melon
Citrus discussion 17 Feb 15:48
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Saburouta has already received death threats from (western) fans. Go figure.

Holy fuck... Some people are mental. I was actually wondering if Saburouta had to deal with angry fans judging by the reactions of some people in here (most notable one, a person wishing that the author of Nestuzou Trap gets cancer); but to have it actually happen... Well, what am I saying, this is the internet, the place where the respect died some time since... Wait, do you have to be born in the first place before dying?

Yeah, holy fuck. It's the internet where people can put their feelings out there without filter and without thinking about that the other person, that they are insulting, is a person too... O.o
It's also a strange idea for me that people can influence the story. It's the author's story, if they don't like it, they should just walk away. Or draw their own manga, see how well they do that! :<

That said, it was a hard and heartbreaking chapter to take in :'( but I also wouldn't say it was out of character. I'm hoping for a good resolve. Taking your space like that is a major thing. You can't just laugh it off. I wonder how it will be resolved.

Melon
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Yeah Mikage, show your true colours... You're so cool! :D

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

well, at least we know she wasn't mad... ;_____; #weakpositiveargument

Melon
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

There is english subs for the first Ep now! :D

here or here too
chances are good that there is more to come :3

Sadly these have been blocked and taken down.

Yeah the whole channel was shut down. Maaaaaan that's it for the english subs. I don't get it... (and I feel sorry for that kind person who made the subs... ;_; )

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

awwww why am I only finding out about this now, this is great! and beautiful + full colour too. Score! Don't contact me for the next three days, I'm busy :P

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

hm, pressuring people with money sure is romantic....^^ (sarcasm-allert)

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Haaaah, the happiness, this was so cute. :D And unlike in some other stories there was no bitter after taste. Pretty long for a 4-koma, too. Great!
Mina is s cute and Hime, too. "It's a declaration of war" hahaha, go girl xD

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Urgh, was not what I expected. But again it proved to me that I won't like the rape-tag even if I like the mangaka.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

waitwaitwaitwait, I thought it was a oneshot. (because I didn't read the title) But I'm absolutely loving this!!!

Melon
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I wanted you to pity me more... O.o kinda sad...

last edited at Feb 2, 2018 4:26PM

Melon
Their Story discussion 02 Feb 11:29
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

As a glasses wearer I am devastated!

Melon
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Crap, I liked the unrequited love, because that's my life entirely and it's somehow comforting to read about it.
But the ending... is sad. I hope she finds someone in the future who appreciates her, because someday this will not be enough and it just hurts to ride on false hopes.

Melon
Citrus discussion 20 Jan 16:53
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Mei, good job in forcing yourself through this alone!
Now it's Yuzu's job to accidentially expose the secret and get hurt really badly.
Aaaaaand action!

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Now kiss! kiss!^^

Melon
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Damn no love for the shopkeeper, that letter its from her love i imagine and its getting married :( kinda gives a foreshadow of what could happen to our girls, anyway good read.

No, I don't think they are in the same situation. I think the shop keeper helped those two to not make the same mistake like she did - which lead to her former lover getting married to someone else. i imagine the shop keeper never fixed things with her lover.

Melon
Image Comments 19 Jan 18:01
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013
6d068a1f497fb6716ee17939303898b9

Why doesn't this have a ton of comments, saying how awesome this looks?
Well, I guess it's my job to start then:
Great drawing style, looks awesome!

Melon
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I managed to avoid whatever this is untill now thanks internet.

Pretentious battle harem staring a nihilistic pedophile who wants to bang his little sisters, complete with self claimed lesbian who wants MCs dick just as bad as everyone else. Otaku bait that won't be ending anytime soon and giving shaft an excuse not to make the next Madoka project.

I've always thought this, but until now I've never had this opinion validated by another person. Try as I might, I can't see any philosophical value in monogatari. It's always seemed to me like a "worst of" compilation of anime tropes, combined with a very slow pace.

Oh it's Monogatari we're talking about? Thanks for putting me off of the idea of watching it for good.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

The cousin is sexually abusing her, isn't he?

Why do people jump to this conclusion? I think a lot of people here have huge cases of misandry. Cool it with the sexism people. If the cousin was a woman and your reaction would've been any different please reexamine yourself.

People are just analyzing the story. There are just some signs in the story that something is wrong with that guy. It could be anything, but it's probably something dire. If you read the comments, most people even wish they are wrong..
What's really sexist, is the trope itself, that many male characters in yuri manga are douchebags.

Also, I think a lot of readers are actually males (I don't know how many, but maybe a bit more than 50%? maybe someone has statistics).

last edited at Jan 14, 2018 5:27AM

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Unrealistic

I think it was pretty realistic except for the happy ending part. I really believe that there are women out there like Sakura. That doesn't make her a great person, but you can't always have perfect people in stories. Instead you have character growth here.
Also real people have real abysses in their minds. It just breaks down to how you handle yours.

Melon
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Do we have a tag for role reversals? Because I think this is the first time I've seen a student-teacher girls' romance where it's the student that dominates the teacher (boy student and woman teacher is a different matter).

Yeah, role reversal tag would be nice... Although I doubt it would be seen often...

i think there is a tag reversal we should add it here.

You clearly have no idea what the reversal tag is actually used for

Then enlighten me, please.

"When a submissive character becomes dominant and/or vice versa. "

I think it could also be interpreted that way, because it refers to tropes. And in the student teacher relationship there are also these tropes.

last edited at Jan 10, 2018 9:50AM