Forum › Posts by Melon

Melon
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I wanted you to pity me more... O.o kinda sad...

last edited at Feb 2, 2018 4:26PM

Melon
Their Story discussion 02 Feb 11:29
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

As a glasses wearer I am devastated!

Melon
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Crap, I liked the unrequited love, because that's my life entirely and it's somehow comforting to read about it.
But the ending... is sad. I hope she finds someone in the future who appreciates her, because someday this will not be enough and it just hurts to ride on false hopes.

Melon
Citrus discussion 20 Jan 16:53
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Mei, good job in forcing yourself through this alone!
Now it's Yuzu's job to accidentially expose the secret and get hurt really badly.
Aaaaaand action!

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Now kiss! kiss!^^

Melon
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Damn no love for the shopkeeper, that letter its from her love i imagine and its getting married :( kinda gives a foreshadow of what could happen to our girls, anyway good read.

No, I don't think they are in the same situation. I think the shop keeper helped those two to not make the same mistake like she did - which lead to her former lover getting married to someone else. i imagine the shop keeper never fixed things with her lover.

Melon
Image Comments 19 Jan 18:01
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013
6d068a1f497fb6716ee17939303898b9

Why doesn't this have a ton of comments, saying how awesome this looks?
Well, I guess it's my job to start then:
Great drawing style, looks awesome!

Melon
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I managed to avoid whatever this is untill now thanks internet.

Pretentious battle harem staring a nihilistic pedophile who wants to bang his little sisters, complete with self claimed lesbian who wants MCs dick just as bad as everyone else. Otaku bait that won't be ending anytime soon and giving shaft an excuse not to make the next Madoka project.

I've always thought this, but until now I've never had this opinion validated by another person. Try as I might, I can't see any philosophical value in monogatari. It's always seemed to me like a "worst of" compilation of anime tropes, combined with a very slow pace.

Oh it's Monogatari we're talking about? Thanks for putting me off of the idea of watching it for good.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

The cousin is sexually abusing her, isn't he?

Why do people jump to this conclusion? I think a lot of people here have huge cases of misandry. Cool it with the sexism people. If the cousin was a woman and your reaction would've been any different please reexamine yourself.

People are just analyzing the story. There are just some signs in the story that something is wrong with that guy. It could be anything, but it's probably something dire. If you read the comments, most people even wish they are wrong..
What's really sexist, is the trope itself, that many male characters in yuri manga are douchebags.

Also, I think a lot of readers are actually males (I don't know how many, but maybe a bit more than 50%? maybe someone has statistics).

last edited at Jan 14, 2018 5:27AM

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Unrealistic

I think it was pretty realistic except for the happy ending part. I really believe that there are women out there like Sakura. That doesn't make her a great person, but you can't always have perfect people in stories. Instead you have character growth here.
Also real people have real abysses in their minds. It just breaks down to how you handle yours.

Melon
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Do we have a tag for role reversals? Because I think this is the first time I've seen a student-teacher girls' romance where it's the student that dominates the teacher (boy student and woman teacher is a different matter).

Yeah, role reversal tag would be nice... Although I doubt it would be seen often...

i think there is a tag reversal we should add it here.

You clearly have no idea what the reversal tag is actually used for

Then enlighten me, please.

"When a submissive character becomes dominant and/or vice versa. "

I think it could also be interpreted that way, because it refers to tropes. And in the student teacher relationship there are also these tropes.

last edited at Jan 10, 2018 9:50AM

Melon
Citrus discussion 10 Jan 09:45
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Showing 2 kisses in the opening is kinda weird. Normally you only tease them in the opening but other than that it was a fine episode. The kiss scene is a bit intense between them but i take it.

I thought so too. After the opening I thought, wow that was almost more romantic kisses than in the whole manga so far.
With the other kiss I felt kind of uncomfortable watching it. But I guess that's how it is supposed to be.

The animation was wonderful, but I hope the friendship between Yuzu and Harumin becomes more of an issue. There's no use denying it: Harumin is so cool.^^

Melon
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Do we have a tag for role reversals? Because I think this is the first time I've seen a student-teacher girls' romance where it's the student that dominates the teacher (boy student and woman teacher is a different matter).

Yeah, role reversal tag would be nice... Although I doubt it would be seen often...

i think there is a tag reversal we should add it here.

Melon
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

This. is. perfect.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I love the dynamics between the student and the teacher. That alone would have been enough to maintain my interest, the probable abuse-storyline is a bit overboard in this. But oh well, let's see where it goes. I really dig the dynamics.

It's a whole lot of complex feelings. Sensei is trying to understand what's happening, also she has no confidence at all. None has ever liked her back? I imagine she didn't even tell them, because I can't imagine she would be rejected all the time as she is pretty decent (well, life sucks sometimes, you never know).
Then the student, she is forcefull and obviously has a fucked up life (none of your parents want you, wtf? best parents ever). We don't know her motifs, so we are on the same page as sensei.
I also got really bad vibes from the tutor. Maybe student wants to reproduce what is happening to her while being the one in charge. But that would just be too fucked up, please no. But many things actually point in this direction.
Anyway, as it is I hope she ends up living with sensei in the end <3

Melon
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Do you happen to know when the episodes catch up with the manga?

Here is what I believe how it roughly aligns. (Though as mentioned, note that the drama is an adaptatioin and it adds and removes things.)

Drama Ep 1 - Manga Ch 1, 2
Drama Ep 2 - Manga Ch 11, 14, 3
Drama Ep 3 - Manga Ch 4, 5, 8, 6
Drama Ep 4 - Manga Ch 7, 17, 21
Drama Ep 5 - Original episode + Manga Ch 13
Drama Ep 6 - Manga Ch 27, 36

So for English readers, Drama Ep 1 and 3 should be spoiler free.

Source: I watched and read all in Japanese. Apologies if I'm missing something, though.

I don't think the drama made an alternative closure to the story - it felt as though they told the first half (or quarter or whatever) of the story and ran out of time in the live action, while the manga continued after that point. The ending was fine and not so abrupt because it's basically a slice-of-life story, overall, though. It also leaves room for a second series. The live action series is scheduled to be on-air in a weekly TV program in Tokyo starting in a few days. Fans are speculating if it makes a hit and they might decide to produce a second series.

Oh, so there's so many chapters already? I only read up until Ch8, so... i didn't think there were so many, because the tranlation kind of slowed down.
Edit: wow I just saw how many chapters there really are. Guess I'll have something better to do than sleeping.

last edited at Jan 8, 2018 6:47PM

Melon
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Thank you for those links! Do you happen to know when the episodes catch up with the manga? I kinda don't want to spoil the manga, or read it before looking at the drama.

Ah, I don't know if I like where the drama is going... I guess it can't adapt the story as is, but it kind changes the characters altogether. I guess the starting point and the goals are the same, probably. But making Mikage the reason they friendship stopped is a big thing...

I guess if you watch up to episode 3 you should be safe. There are some additional scenes in the webseries that are not even based on chapters of the manga, though. They could still come later, but for the ones up to ep3 it would not make any sense to appaer in the manga anymore imo.
Yeah, I also kind of disliked how weird Mikage was portraied and Hinata doesn't seem to want to get to know Mikage better in the webseries, but it gets better over time. I think ep4-6 are really heading in the right direction, but those would be with spoilers if you want to wait for the manga. Though there is no telling if manga and live action will be on the same track.

last edited at Jan 7, 2018 7:56AM

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I demand a series! ... pretty please?
seriously, this was way too cute and full colour, too. Happiness!

Melon
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Great, there seem to be some dark layers to this story and I love that the characters have some dark thoughts and doubts. That makes it even sweeter to me.
I also had the thought, "well it's not really a relationship, they are just posing and it's out of pity" and they are actually DEALING with this statement early in the story. It's cool. I know it is the whole deal to this manga, but... the execution just is.. done well, I guess.
Like when sensei was crying of happiness when she met the other doctor. You don't act like that with just a friend, is the first thought that comes to mind. But then... considering what sensei has gone through, it is believable again.

last edited at Jan 7, 2018 5:37AM

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I'm so charmed by the art. Cute, but I hope sensei is not too much of a pushover. :D

Melon
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

don't forget lewd forehead kissing
although the age gap is a bit too much for me, this is well done and pretty kyuuuute.

Melon
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Time to re-read this gem. This never gets old :3
and I really love how laid back all the characters (especially the side characters) are. Such a chilled read. The Good Morning Chapter is kind of my fav chapter even though it has nothing to do with the story xD

last edited at Jan 3, 2018 6:50PM

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Great, I love the art and student teacher :3
count me in^^

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

"Why don't you have a boyfriend?" - "Well, duuuuuuuuh!!!!"
wrong question,... :(

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I'm just wondering how Kaoru's phone survived the fall? It clearly doesn't have a phone case and I doubt that iPhones can fall a flight of stairs and remain undamaged.

I like your sense for detail xDDDDD