Forum › Posts by Megumiaki

Megumiaki
Yuru Yuri discussion 03 Jun 03:39
Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

In my opinion, this is hands down the best manga ever written. Nothing else in my life has made me crack up as much as this series, yet it also manages to be completely warm and touching at the same time. The lack of progress when it comes to the yuri actually works in its favor I think, since then even the tiniest hint of yuri has its impact amplified by multiple orders of magnitude (as an example, I fucking lost it with excitement when Himawari and Sakurako merely linked pinkies in Chapter 128). Plus, every panel with Toshinou Kyouko in it is pure gold, whether it be hilarious or heartwarming. She's one of the best characters I've encountered in pretty much any media. I'm very much looking forward to the future of this manga (I wonder if it'll actually ever truly end?).

last edited at Jun 3, 2019 3:44AM

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Nee-chan knows what's up.

Megumiaki
Rainbow discussion 31 May 14:25
Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

This is really nice actually. No need for labels, they just know that they want to be together forever and that's enough.

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Thanos did this for the good of yuri.

Perfectly lesbian, as all things should be.

Megumiaki
Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

This chapter just made me sad...Amane has such strong feelings still, yet Nene seems to be completely uninterested in her compared to how she used to be. Nene better have a damn good reason for breaking her heart, and I hope that either Amane is able to move on and get over her feelings, or Nene gets over whatever the hell made her stop liking Amane and reciprocates again.

Megumiaki
Image Comments 28 May 03:30
Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019
Dpfxetfuuaalway-orig

Reminds me of Alice and Ibuki from Lilycle

Megumiaki
F.U.S.S.A discussion 28 May 03:26
Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Y'all should play the Esperanto Yuri game

Oh shit, I didn't realize how soon the English release was coming out! I'm so excited now!

Megumiaki
Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

☆After this...

Yep, we all know what they're about to do with their hands.

last edited at May 25, 2019 8:45PM

Megumiaki
Image Comments 24 May 21:56
Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019
Tumblr_pnho8patcn1qal7m2o1_r1_1280

An incredible American yuri VN, highly recommend it! Great characters, art, music, story, etc...

Megumiaki
Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

For me, it felt like this manga really came through in the last two chapters. Both of them actually made me laugh, and I feel they brought the series to a fitting enough conclusion. The rest was kind of underwhelming though.

Megumiaki
Image Comments 22 May 02:13
Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019
X

If it's tea leaves then... Drugs?

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

I don't want to know what the white liquid on the TV in Chapter 3 is...

Megumiaki
Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Awww...so sweet yet so sad...

Megumiaki
Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Did it taste like lemons tho

Megumiaki
Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

I'm guessing she passed and now the reality of what she said she would do is starting to hit her. Hence the head on the desk, probably hiding a blush.

Or she fucking bombed and is depressed. Who knows.

Megumiaki
Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Holy shit, this manga is amazing. I loved the anime, but found it rather dark and disturbing. The manga (which seems to have been adapted from the anime?) takes the concepts and characters established in the anime, puts them in a real-world, real-life scenario, removes the darkness and tons of innocent schoolgirls being fucking eaten alive while preserving depth and drama, and overloads it with extra honest-to-goodness yuri (it seemed like the anime was hesitant to go full yuri, throwing the word "friend" around a bit too much for my liking). I really loved this version of the plot and the changes made to certain characters (in particular, Ginko, Yuriika, Kureha, and Sumika were more enjoyable characters for me in the manga version). This has quickly become one of my favorite manga, and, in my personal opinion, the definitive version of the story of Yuri Kuma Arashi. (The anime is still worth a watch though, plus it has one of my favorite OPs of all time.)

Now with that said: I really don't feel like the Supernatural tag is warranted on this series, since, unlike in the anime, everything that might be considered supernatural is explained away in some way. The manga appears to actually take place in the real world, rather than the fantastical city with impossibly huge walls dividing the human world from the bear world in the anime.

Edit: switched the paragraphs around, then some formatting

last edited at May 22, 2019 2:11AM

Megumiaki
Image Comments 14 May 14:19
Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019
D6e_yqvw4ae0os6-orig

Best couple from the best yuri VN

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Shit, this just got really good...I'm actually really looking forward to what's to come. Although, I'm sure we're in for some more angsty drama along the way.

Megumiaki
Image Comments 10 May 22:21
Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019
01%20(1)

Cuz fuck Karen I guess

Megumiaki
Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Hot damn, Ooshima may just be a bloody genius. She draws the best-looking sex scenes I've ever seen, and her stories are always cute and full of passionate love. By far my favorite 18+ artist.

Megumiaki
Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

"There's only one thing to do to a cute girl who shows up at your place."

That's right folks, treat her with the utmost respect and hospitality.