Forum › Posts by A-chan

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

Morigana making a manga about adult characters? Sign me up!
Cute first chapter.

A-chan
Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

Wow, this is great news! I didn't expect Takashima Hiromi to start this new arc as a sequel to the original manga, so this pretty much confirms we will have Kase-san for much longer than I thought.

The new anime PV is very sweet too, don't miss it.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

Gotta love those dates in the night sky, so romantic.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

As much I as I'd love to see that truth is Nanoha is actually linking arms (which also confirms a lot besides living in same house, sharing couples' bed and so on) aim into Fate's boobs, slightly to the right you will see Nanoha's finger inbetween, Fate's hands actually are hanging in the air

I don't know what you mean, Nanoha is holding Fate's arm in that panel. Not that it matters or that it should leave an impression on their friends, they are a married couple at that point.

last edited at May 8, 2017 12:40AM

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

This was too cute, need more from this author.

A-chan
Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

Honestly, who knows how their society views same sex couples (and, by extension, what sort of views Vivio might pick up from her peers). The way the canon itself dances around the question could read as them being in a sort of don't-ask-don't-tell "secret" relationship. AFAIK none of the characters are openly and explicitly homosexual.

Most of the relevant females in Nanoha have shown attraction exclusively to women, but it's hard to pinpoint which ones are currently in a lesbian relationship other than NanoFate, and more recently Subaru and Teana.

last edited at May 4, 2017 8:49AM

A-chan
Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

I find the fact that Vivio would ask the question of Nanoha and Fate being lovers, and possibly finding weird odd. And also a tough premise to swallow, since Nanoha and Fate are the only parents she's ever known.

After all in the canon it seems the closest thing she has to a father figure is Zafira, while Yuuno is just seems more like that cool old dude your parents are friends with who is fun to be with.

So honestly, while this dounshi is sweet, I find the whole concept hard to swallow.

I agree, the premise doesn't fit very well with Vivid, the culture of their world, and the fact that almost everyone is a lesbian in this series, not to mention that NanoFate should be marrying around the time this doujin takes place. Nevertheless, this doujin makes for a sweet story about a child in a family with two mamas and lots of love, the world knows we need more doujins like this in general.

last edited at May 2, 2017 11:14PM

A-chan
Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

This manga is so weird yet so interesting.
Loving the art and the twisted characters.

A-chan
Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

I didn't see drama coming from this cute manga.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

This author can really write fun and adorable manga. Thanks for the translations.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

I don't where you read those

I got the link from /a/
https://mega.nz/#!Pp4WmbyL!Cd0g3WesOsAQM_jEnztygXkuHax2eIQOYdohR6EptwE

last edited at Mar 19, 2017 6:57PM

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

The complete volume 14 (chapters 68 to 72) got released months ago by another group, I was hoping VividTrans wouldn't retranslate those chapters, they're too far behind.

A-chan
Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

Very original and funny doujin, Tamamusi is always great.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

Kotooka: I knew you liked me all along, so I'll subtly reject you every chance I get.
Washio: Ha, but I know you knew I liked you!

Episode 15 in a nutshell. But why stop there? Next chapter Kotooka gets to know that Washio knows that Kotooka knows that Washio likes her.

A-chan
Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

Well, are you, Mimika?

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

This couple is so cute, I hope this manga does well and keeps getting translated.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

I'm overjoyed with the sudden influx of cute NanoFate doujins, this is more than making up for Vivid Strike benching Nanoha and Fate.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

I'm in full support of NanoFate, but I have a feeling that even if Nanoha married Fate for real the fanbase would break in half anyway. Just playing devil's advocate.

It didn't take place on-screen, but Nanoha and Fate marriage is canon and happened between StrikerS and Vivid, it was hinted many times in live events and Megami, and then got officially confirmed when Fate got upgraded to be Vivio's guardian instead of her godmother, fact that has been reiterated over the years and has been served with a healthy amount of official NanoFate wedding artworks. Also they wouldn't have done this if the fanbase would break in half, pretty much everyone and their mother liked NanoFate at least a little since the first season, it was arguably one of the biggest yuri couples of the last years, precisely because they went so far.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

Look, I am just playing devil's advocate here and looking at this from a perspective of someone who has always looked at Nanoha and Fate as friends, and continues to do so. I think it is a plausible scenario.

It's only plausible in a realistic social context if people chose to ignore specific facts, the most obvious being their status as a family, their marriage, and the fact that they're two lesbians sharing a bed by choice for at least 7 years (they have been only sexually interested in other women for 16 years, I'd say that's enough to say they're canon lesbians, but if someone says they may be bi I suppose there is no way to refute that claim, or to support it for that matter).

But do you really, honestly believe that is entirely because of the genre, and not because the creators do not want to commit to it 100%

Seven Arcs and the staff were completely committed even before their relationship was official, the live events referred to them as a couple even during StrikerS, and we know their relationship wasn't canon there even if it was heavily implied with almost no room to doubt.

The somewhat nebulous state of NanoFate, from my perspective anyway

NanoFate before StrikerS is kind of vague and open to interpretation, that's one of the reasons why we got so many doujins about that period of their lives and how they became a couple, but during and after Vivid their relationship is cemented in stone.

last edited at Nov 14, 2016 11:25AM

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

but more so on level of directness we would prefer

If you ask me, I believe most yuri fans and very likely most Nanoha fans would prefer a series about NanoFate cuddling all day than whatever we're getting in the new Vivid Strike anime, but we know that is not the niche of seinen, a Sakura Trick 2.0 would be hard to sell too.

they could just as easily be described as "really good friends" and it would not change much

For that I believe you will have to at least change their permanent living arrangements and dedicate a few pages to them getting a divorce and negotiating the custody of their daughter.

I continue to believe that a certain level of vagueness on the topic is very much intended

That has been the case since the first anime, Nanoha has never shown explicit romance on screen for any of the canon couples, even the straight ones, and this is very common for most anime outside of the romance genre when you think about it. Nanoha and Fate are by far the couple with the most on-screen romance in the franchise even if it's still not overly explicit, and this is all in a big part only because they're the couple with the most combined screen time through all series, not because Masaki Tsuzuki wants to move to the romance genre.

For example, I could see Love Live fans use that for Maki and Nico (just to pick an obvious example)

I'm not so familiar with Love Live, but I guess the difference is that Maki and Nico are not a canon couple, there are feelings hinted and at most you can say feelings of romantic nature from one or the other are written as subtext (though I probably wouldn't agree with this last statement, but that's just my opinion), but there isn't a relationship written as subtext or text.

last edited at Nov 14, 2016 10:26AM

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

all of which make me feel that there is canon and then there is canon

Subtext does not mean "not canon" or canon as you called it. The word subtext means the story element is implicit and spelled out through events in the story rather than directly stated. Subtext yuri means there is actual yuri. For example, in most cases breathing is subtext based information about a character.

the fact is they never refer to Nanoha and Fate as a couple in something like Vivid

They refer to them as the Takamachi family, which in the social context should be 2 degrees above being a couple. Their marriage or the specific date they started their relationship is never stated directly, that's why most aspects of their relationship are subtext, and will likely never be addressed directly considering the history Nanoha has avoiding romance on-screen for the most part.

and it is a bit sad that fandom has to make due with celebrating any tiny morsel they can get.

I wouldn't call starting a family, moving together, or getting married tiny morsels, these developments are not very common in the genre, but the thing is that in Nanoha's case all these developments act as not much more than minor plot elements to stablish the basis for Vivio's current home life, which is not touched much since Vivio is most of the time running around and training or fighting, while her moms and secondary characters with not much presence anymore.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

Ah Nanoha and Fate. Is there any other ship that ever was shipped in existence that is more universally accepted but not technically canon?

NanoFate has been canon for a long time, people in the west call them a subtext couple since it's shown and implied through events rather than stating "and by the way they have been together since 9", but I wouldn't be surprised if they were the biggest canon yuri couple during the later part of last decade, at least their presence seems to indicate that way. Even their marriage was made canon after getting hinted for a long time, due to Japan's adoption laws and the way they sneakily upgraded Fate's status after StrikerS to be Vivio's guardian alongside Nanoha, that was a reason for celebration back then.

last edited at Nov 14, 2016 8:20AM