Forum › Posts by BV

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

The part that you put under "" is basically the kind of thing I encountered in most shoujo-ai manga I've read.

Please drop the "Shoujo Ai". This is a yuri community, we actually know what we are reading.

Yuri is just a subset of shoujo-ai.

facepalm
No. No it's not. Please BV. I have heard people make the false claim that Shoujo Ai is a subset of Yuri, but you managed to somehow be even more wrong ?
There is only Yuri. Shoujo Ai is a made up term in the West. It doesn't exist. Everything you ever thought was "Shoujo Ai" is labeled Yuri in Japan. Deal with it.

Well, I guess that the saying my father says from time to time holds true here as well: "One learns while one lives.".

joined Oct 22, 2018

Ehh... I wish I was woke enough too read all the posts you made while I was asleep, so I could properly answer... But I only read bits and parts, so I find myself unable of saying anything...

BV
Image Comments 27 Oct 18:04
joined Oct 22, 2018
Dqmhnzev4aasys--orig

@BugDevil
What? I swear I haven't been sarcastic about any of these comments. May I die tomorrow this time, if I'm lying!

joined Oct 22, 2018

The part that you put under "" is basically the kind of thing I encountered in most shoujo-ai manga I've read.

Please drop the "Shoujo Ai". This is a yuri community, we actually know what we are reading.

Yuri is just a subset of shoujo-ai.

BV
Image Comments 27 Oct 16:16
joined Oct 22, 2018
Dqmhnzev4aasys--orig

@BugDevil
"Nobody ever saw yuri hentai on this site before.".
I'm glad that's the case. I have put the dirty phase of my life behind me, and I intend NOT to return to it EVER AGAIN. As I said, I consider it a stain in my life.

joined Oct 22, 2018

I have no desire to see those two kiss in the slightest. Maybe in an AU spin-off chapter, but at this point that is basically just like bashing their heads against a wall for a few minutes. A painful dead end.

Queer sidekicks/best friends/third wheels, etc. are shipping catnip to a significant proportion of the yuri manga readership, no matter how loudly and consistently the story as a whole is shouting “IT’S NOT GOING TO BE THEM! NOT EVER! I MEAN IT!”

This seems to be especially the case when the character in question is forthright about their same-sex desires (at least to themselves) while the MCs are doing some sort of “but we’re both girls/I’m not a lesbian, I only love you/how do two girls even have sex?/our love can never be,” etc. song and dance in the main plot.

joined Oct 22, 2018

All I'm saying is, before the end of this manga we need to at least have a Sakaya x Touko kissing scene. While at the same time not preventing the Yuu x Touko endgame, since Yuu needs to be happy.

"we need" Bold claim there.

BV
Image Comments 26 Oct 18:29
joined Oct 22, 2018
Dqmhnzev4aasys--orig

@BugDevil
What I'm about to say is something that I'm actually very very ashamed for, but 10-ish months ago, I found some much much more lewd things in yuri than handholding or kissing. Now, I consider it a stain in my life. sigh
Why is it so much easier for me to open up to strangers on the Internet than to people who I see every day?

BV
Image Comments 26 Oct 18:24
joined Oct 22, 2018
68723533_p0

Facepalms to himself

joined Oct 22, 2018

"Wholesome"
Damn, now you reminded me of something unrelated, but nice.
The meme community has created this trinity of wholesomeness concept. The 3 parts of it are Rogers, Irwin and Ross. All of these teach something. Rogers: "Be kind to other people.". Irwin: "Be kind to animals.". Ross: "Be kind to yourself."

last edited at Oct 26, 2018 6:15PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

Dis is kyut https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJm9BnJQsic

Why do I agree?

joined Oct 22, 2018

Damn, that sure was enjoyable to watch. Too bad I'm either not observing enough or not memorizing enough to get into the very scant few ever so slight deviations. But, I still gotta say that I'm glad they've been sticking to the manga thus far.
Now, the question is: will they get to a certain point in the manga and then wait for the manga to finish for a season 2, or if they'll skip a lot of events (some of which we don't even know now) to just show how the manga will end? The latter is something that I really frown upon, as I can say from my earlier experience with anime...

joined Oct 22, 2018

Well, guess I was right when I predicted that I'm gonna watch episode 4 on the computer, and not the phone. cracks nuckles Time to google that!

joined Oct 22, 2018

I just remembered that someone noticed that, near the end of episode 3, a guy saw how Touko hugged Yuu from the rear and then whispered something. That someone thought that the guy in question already has started getting suspicious about it. Now, even though I did watch episode 3 last week, my brother didn't. For several days, we struggled to find episode 3 again, so we only watched it today. Guess what? The guy in question was Maki! And to realize that only on the day the following episode is released. That's what I call "inefficient timing".

last edited at Oct 26, 2018 1:09PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

And by the way, BV, you sound like a great onee-sama.

More like onii-san, but thanks.

Sorry—I grew up with brothers, and could not imagine that as brother behavior.

Unless it would be reading manga, listening to music, and practicing WWF body slams with the younger brother.

My brother and I tend to be on good terms, but we can get into arguments or even fights every now and then over the most banal of things. For example, recently, because a scene from an Italian comedy film, where the main character says "Qui e ultimo e una pirla", which both of, as well as both our parents, find funny, he started combining the sentence with many other things, but one of those combos really triggers the hell out, "Säkkijärven Pirla", because I find as him ruining one of my favourite songs, and the only Finnish song that I've actually like, capled "Säkkijärven Polkka". We ended up fighting both yesterday evening and today morning over that shit.

In a lot of ways, it's kind of like the relations between Egypt and Sudan, tbh.

last edited at Oct 26, 2018 11:16AM

joined Oct 22, 2018

And by the way, BV, you sound like a great onee-sama.

More like onii-san, but thanks.

last edited at Oct 26, 2018 7:27AM

joined Oct 22, 2018

I’m a fan here, and I’d like to keep it that way. But studying how comics work is (part of) what I do for a living, and has been for a very long time. Manga has been some part of that since the beginning, but others around here are far more knowledgeable about manga than I am.

Blastaar, I kinda miss your long disputes with AozKTM (guess that was their name) in the Citrus forums! It was nuts lmao I think AozKTM also works as an art critic of sorts. It's hard to keep up with y'all.

Are you trying to lure the rest of us to read that discussion thread as well?

If you want to keep your sanity, I'd advise against it. Otherwise, go for it.

Considering the fact that I watched both "Happy Sugar Life" and Wonderwaffle's "Alternate Future of Canada Remastered - The Movie", I am actually questioning whether I'm still sane or not. Nevertheless, I think I won't go for it.

joined Oct 22, 2018

I’m a fan here, and I’d like to keep it that way. But studying how comics work is (part of) what I do for a living, and has been for a very long time. Manga has been some part of that since the beginning, but others around here are far more knowledgeable about manga than I am.

Blastaar, I kinda miss your long disputes with AozKTM (guess that was their name) in the Citrus forums! It was nuts lmao I think AozKTM also works as an art critic of sorts. It's hard to keep up with y'all.

Are you trying to lure the rest of us to read that discussion thread as well?

joined Oct 22, 2018

I have a tendency to read some manga I like with my younger brother, and every day he accepts, we read one chapter, and then follow it up with listening to some music of his choice. It just so happens that we read chapter 9 yesterday.

oh sweet, what music did you end up listening to for chapter 9? :)

Just because we listen to music, doesn't mean its related with the manga or anime, and in the overwhelming majority of cases, it isn't. For example, yesteday, my brother asked for "Escape From the Temple" by MachinimaSound (which also happens to be my favorite music of all time. It is really good and epic, but if you expected us sticking with the mood from Bloom Into You, I'm sorry to dissapoint you.

BV
Image Comments 25 Oct 07:26
joined Oct 22, 2018
Dqmhnzev4aasys--orig

Gah, when will there be a chapter that will actually be happier than the last two?

BV
Image Comments 25 Oct 07:25
joined Oct 22, 2018
Dqmhnzev4aasys--orig

@Bowser Wowser
@yuri n wine
LMFAO

BV
Image Comments 25 Oct 07:24
joined Oct 22, 2018
Dqmhnzev4aasys--orig

@Prince_Anime How the fuck is that lewd?

joined Oct 22, 2018

and I'm waiting to see Rei-chan making Touko's toes curl with a photo of Yuu sleeping (https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bloom_into_you_special_her_sisters_perspective#9)
and Yuu's mimics as she's solving maths problems when she studies together with Touko in the library (https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bloom_into_you_ch08#16)
and of course the entirety of chapter 9 - Touko alone at Yuu's, Touko and Yuu alone, Yuu getting lonely af after Touko went home
and Sayaka at home in chapter 12
and Yuu warming up to Touko after the rain in chapter13
haha, it's really easy to continue this list

I have a tendency to read some manga I like with my younger brother, and every day he accepts, we read one chapter, and then follow it up with listening to some music of his choice. It just so happens that we read chapter 9 yesterday.

joined Oct 22, 2018

"Listen, you fucking idiots, what did you think all that kissing and cuddling was about, anyway? Go get some of Big Sis's cheesecake and feed it to each other in the equipment shed, and don't come out until your hair's all mussd up and your clothes aren't buttoned right."

This is one of these times I really regret having no talent at drawing, because I would pay good money for someone to draw that panel.

I took a stab at it...

Equipment shed? Check.

Messy hair? Check.

Cheesecake? Check.

Incorrect buttons? Well.. they're still in the shed.. lol

https://twitter.com/ch_windsor/status/1047763205559336960

I don't know what to think of that...

Thanks for the internal conflict I have now. (I guess?)

joined Oct 22, 2018

Maybe eat a Snickers next time~

Too bad that there was no Snickers in the apartment at the time. xD