BreadBunny
Umbrellas discussion 13 May 14:28
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

wow what an asshole that guy is, haha.

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

I think it's wanting or intending to kill her that triggers the curse. There's about to be another body or two

I thought that too but doesn't really explain the case of her friend from the orphanage. I'm thinking it might be broader and it's just general negative feelings? Probably happens whenever they have a disagreement?

We don't have enough details on the orphanage case to say anything there. And I'd expect more bodies if it was just every disagreement (realistically, it's still low for wanting to kill her)

I'd honestly think the "curse" acitivates when someone is feeling negative emotions around her too, because she herself is always plastered with a smile so it might also work on her and she knows it, which would lead to her taking all of this with a hint amusement so as to not fall prey to the "curse"

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

gotta say though, I love the cover drawing of Tokiko in a pure white dress with blood on her legs. with her skeleton shining through. genuinely ten out of ten that looks superb

last edited at May 12, 2022 6:16PM

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

So why is this tagged as Guro? Almost didn't touch this one because of that.

because of how that guy got squashed by the elevator maybe, I presume this series will have a lot more gruesome deaths

last edited at May 12, 2022 6:13PM

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

this seems like it's going to be a fun read

BreadBunny
Mermaid Bay discussion 12 May 12:10
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

alright that's a fun twist

BreadBunny
School Zone discussion 12 May 08:17
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Fuji is down bad! I wonder why it was so important that Kishiya thought she was a first year instead of a second year? Like it's only one year difference right it doesn't have any greater meaning in Japan or something?

it's probably not so much important to her as much as she is just surprised because Fuji looks so much like a first year high schooler who has yet to get comfortable in her new uniform that looks slightly too big on her. It's like she just genuinely does not look like someone who isn't new to high school.

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

gonna be honest it's a little distracting that these girls clothes are several levels more detailed than their bodies and faces but whatever, it's still enjoyable enough

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

hahahaha, of course they would do this, this series hasn't gotten to nearly a 100 chapters without teasing us for progress, hahaha. And the entire class just sitting there thinking they actually kissed. This is so fucking funny

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Anyone know where one can find like the fully updated novel in English because. Like. I hate cliffhangers and ahhh lmao

unfortunately it seems like the only translation of the novel is the one on this site that's on chapter 6 so no avoiding cliffhangers unless you learn chinese.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

so is there a reason why Mai's birthday is month only? She's the only character for whom the exact date is missing

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Is it just me, or is the 'where is it written' thing in ch4 implying that she's autistic?

oh I definitely get that feeling too, her struggle with reading the room is very reminiscent of the struggle that can come with being autistic.

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

love this chapter, Shimeji being completely non-plussed about zombies but freaking out the moment it starts talking and turns things into a social situation, while Majime gets bit and Shimeji just instantly goes "welp time to kill you" no hesitation.

And of course the reveal that this zombie apocalypse is entirely just happening because people have been really into horror lately and their imagination shapes the world around them now so that happens I guess. I love this series

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

so, Kanon's sister gives us an interesting bit of information on lipreading, that at least in her experience paying that much attention to someone while they talk makes you better at realizing what their true intentions may be.

What if this is also true of Kanon, what if she has an inkling on Saki feelings about her, because she too can use lipreading to get to the heart of the matter (in this case Saki's). I don't know if this chapter is setting up foreshadowing or if I'm reading too much into it but I don't think Kanon is entirely clueless about the fact that Saki is in love with her.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Dodomeki-sensei's pretty hot. love a woman who can really look at you

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Zanka has such an obsession with creating maids that they've now created a character that created a maid.

you could even say that she made a maid

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

For anyone else who didn't know what the author meant by genderbender yuri vs pure yuri and was a bit confusion like me(looked it up):

seems like a lot of 'GB-yuri' stuff is basicly man in female-body doing ecchi/haremy yuri stuff, aimed at straight-man and their fantasies. Basicly a traditional straight story, but MC has female body

edit: I think I got it right, can be wrong tho

I'm admittedly not an expert nor do I read that genre but yes, that is essentially what gender bender/gender swap yuri is. Despite "yuri" being in the name, the character who turned into a girl or occupies a girl's body is still very much male. They experienced life as a man first, somehow turned into a girl physically, and still think of themselves as being male and are treated that way (when others know about it).

There is potential for interesting explorations of gender and increasing empathy towards a radically different set of life experiences, but I don't know how often that plays out in practice. Very little, I suspect.

it largely depends, there is an entire subset of transgender lesbian fiction, that does tend to delve into explorations of gender but it's certainly not a big subset by any means.

last edited at May 5, 2022 8:16AM

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

okay, so while I noticed he was in love with Yoh, it also seems like he's one of those "I like you because you're the only person who dislikes me" and like that's literally the only reason you shouldn't like someone. Like really though, some people before me said that this is very shoujo reminiscent and it sure is. It sure is taking every part of shoujo that I dislike and putting it here.

Ah well. by sheer virtue of Yoh being in love with Misaki already we'll probably be able to avoid the worst part of it so I guess it's fine.

last edited at May 4, 2022 4:25PM

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

hmmm, wasn't there like only one more chapter to go? I wonder when we'll get that because frankly I'd hate to see a series stop so close to the finish line.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

oh so we don't actually get to see what happened, we get a nightmare to allude to something real bad, and an injury so we know something happened but not exactly what. Intriguing.

Also Yvonne needing to hug something to sleep is super relatable me too girl.

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

oh a new chapter, I'd almost given up on this.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

alright this is by the same author whose vampire and maid yuri I really liked so I'm interested

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

overall a good read, the last chapter having them live separately right next to eachother is a bit much though even if I can see it was done to drive home that they're in a close but not romantic relationship. Like at that point literally you can just be roommates.

It did resonate with me to a certain extent, Matoi is just very similar to how I look at my own sexuality so that was really fun to see, Yuriko being unflinchingly Aro Ace in what posits itself as a romance story is also really fun to me. So I like this a lot actually, even if the ending feels the need to drive the message home a little too hard to consider what would be more satisfying. Literally nothing would have to change for them to live together, it'd be fine so them being direct neighbors is a little funny all things considered.

I feel like this is a series that can be very good if you make an effort to empathize with Ace people and the characters but it's not going to be fun for you if you refuse to.

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

OK, so two girls like each other "in a special way," they want to kiss each other, and kissing makes them feel "warm and fluffy inside." There's a name for that, I just know there is--tip of my tongue, tip of my tongue . . .

Two girls . . . what's that called? Damn, I just hate when this happens . . .

they literally call themselves a couple now that they've confirmed their feelings for eachother, did you miss that? or are you making a joke here.

And here’s me thinking my joke was too obvious. . .

ah right, yeah it's just that I have definitely read series where you could comment that and be almost entirely serious

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

OK, so two girls like each other "in a special way," they want to kiss each other, and kissing makes them feel "warm and fluffy inside." There's a name for that, I just know there is--tip of my tongue, tip of my tongue . . .

Two girls . . . what's that called? Damn, I just hate when this happens . . .

they literally call themselves a couple now that they've confirmed their feelings for eachother, did you miss that? or are you making a joke here.

Anyway I love how quickly this series resolves its drama, it really is just here to push things forward which is good

last edited at Apr 26, 2022 1:14PM