Forum › Posts by b58

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I feel stupid not realizing that it probably was a kiss, at least I have the comments to figure it out for me

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

The women's armor bit did get a chuckle out of me... but then I reread the first chapter and Tanya wears something similar the whole time (although the author just bring less attention to it, and I guess it's harder to tell in black and white what's showing sking and what is not), so why did Laplace only notice it just now?

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I must say, the forehead stamping is a novel interpretation of the typical fake-out "deep, meaningful glance that doesn't turn into a kiss" scene.

I lost it at this point, this series is too funny

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Honestly, Fuuka looked like she knows she already lost :P
I think things are going towards a reasonably happy ending... but in the meantime it seems everyone involved will be absolutely miserable.

last edited at Jun 18, 2021 3:07PM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I echo the sentiment of really unnatural dialogue, and I think it's more likely just author's writing than any in-universe explanation :P

And I dunno, from the whole chapter I get that feeling of everything being slightly artificial, characters explaining exactly how they feel and why (whether in internal monologues or directly) etc. It's just enough of this stuff to slightly irk me, but it might be interesting nonetheless.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I think this one is weirder than usual since the initial reason just seems to be "for shits and giggles" :P

Ah, but it's not just "for shits and giggles", it's for science an essay series.

My understanding of the story is the essay thing happened afterwards :P

Basically, step 1:

Step 2: married

Step 3: essay

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

This continues to be the weirdest premise for a yuri manga ever. "I'm married to you, but no homo". What's even the point?

Are people really that unfamiliar with the “marriage before love” trope? I’ve seen so many different series that all use this (mostly cnovels or historical/fantasy) where they get married out of convenience, for political reasons, to get parents off their back, because its an arranged marriage, of for a myriad of other reasons. This premise definitely isn’t the most far fetched use of the trope either.

I think this one is weirder than usual since the initial reason just seems to be "for shits and giggles" :P

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

They paid so much attention to that supposedly killed kid by now that there's gotta be something up with it... expecting some twist on that but unsure of what kind :P

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Well, the line between caring and overprotective can be thin sometimes... that's not even factoring in that they have this platonic marriage thing going on, which is the whole shtick of the story.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Huh didn't really expect after seeing the title that it's about physical pain...
... but also I doubt they will elaborate on that part of it too much :P

last edited at Jun 8, 2021 11:15AM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

That whole subplot about the pink girl is so vague (we get very little information every once in a while), that I kinda don't care about her anymore :P The payoff better be good because so far she just takes away the focus from the actual main characters, for some yet undetermined reason.

last edited at Jun 7, 2021 1:48PM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

"completely and utterly alone" except for your meddling ass ;)

edit: also I almost missed there is a chapter 74 because that title is nearly the same...

last edited at Jun 4, 2021 5:13PM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

No men in this story, only vegetable people

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Everything has a cause... but I doubt we'll get to know what it is :P

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

... does the "to-do" joke work in the original the same way? I was like "no way this works the same in Japanese" and then she actually got mad

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

lmao didn't expect everyone in the comments to be so mad after reading this

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I see everyone is pretty optimistic here... but so far it seems to me this unironically deserves the nonexistent "Super Friends" tag :P

(Although it's still a nice read either way.)

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Having a beeper to summon a lady with a sword to defend you is some crazy stuff

b58
The Train discussion 23 May 11:20
Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I understood nothing of this :P I'm not even sure which characters were the focus in some panels...

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

She also said in one of the early chapters that she "finally made a close friend", and then we had that whole short-lived plotline that she actually didn't think of herself as such... which was completely reversed right after. She doesn't seem like a particularly stable person :P

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

On the other hand, hearing "Rae" I can't really think of anyone else than Colin McRae :P

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Are we ACTUALLY gonna get a story that addresses how having a relationship where one person puts the other on a pedastal is super unhealthy, rather than just sweeping all the obsessive fan stuff under the rug like every other author x reader story ever? Maybe? Possibly?

...well, probably not, might just be reading too deep into that one page. But a gal can dream.

Well, what would be the point of even bothering to bring this up if it's not going to be explored somehow, and Tachibana is shown to be clearly bothered by this...
...but the "newspaper strip" kind of format does make it difficult to have any nuanced stories :P could go either way I guess.

last edited at May 17, 2021 12:46PM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Okay first off did anyone else notice that Saonji was holding cake and the teapot in both her hands during chapter 54, so she knocked on Tachibana’s door using her ahoge?

I did not lmao
... actually that whole chapter was tricky to interpret, took me a few rereads to understand she just handed her the cake and immediately jumped on the bed :P Maybe I'm just stupid but it could be conveyed better

last edited at May 12, 2021 8:51AM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

gee I wonder who got 2nd place in general votes

Whaaaat?? The comically evil and sadistic editor Toraiwa manipulated all the other editors into voting against Tadokoro’s manga despite it’s wild popularity on social media?? No wayyyyyyyy

... I mean, in all likelihood probably not :P the guy was just portrayed as a common asshole, not an evil mastermind, and we already seen the editing department only moderately sympathetic to Tadokoro's manga so the results just seem logical to me :P (Although whatever the rival is about to do I'm actually not sure).

last edited at May 8, 2021 2:51PM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

gee I wonder who got 2nd place in general votes