Forum › Posts by Seira

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Finished Ohara's and Nao's routes in about 4 hours and I'm surprisingly enjoying this VN. Having played Ohara's routes first, I was completely thrown off by Nao's routes and now I'm expecting great things from Sakuya's. I know for sure I'm not going to dabble into any of Itsuki's routes for now because I just can't bring myself to like her character for some reason.

And although Nao's route was really strange and disgusting when they kissed before the credits, eugh, I find myself absolutely intrigued by her character. I'm also secretly a sucker for Kakuma Ai's voice, so I guess I am a bit biased. And even though I dislike Tamura Yukari's voice, I'm all for Sakuya.

At the end of Nao's routes, I was left with a BUNCH of unanswered questions, which I'm sure will be answered in Sakuya's and Itsuki's routes. Err, well, maybe.

In any case, Nao is badass and I love her.

last edited at Jul 12, 2016 9:15AM

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I feel like that sweet revenge was well-warranted. From a storytelling standpoint, I think it's super fascinating witnessing the descent of Yurim's character and her morals being flushed down the drain. When I put myself in Yurim's place, I can see why she'd feel so satisfied over using Minji as her new play toy.

I like this story a lot - much better than My Joy, at least.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Spoilers about the next two chapters (not a summary of the content, but here's what it'll entail):

New character is introduced. Not about Sayo and Umesawa. Closure for Satake.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Oh, bought this on Amazon. Thought it would be something like AnoKiss, but...

last edited at Jun 4, 2016 9:00PM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Game just came out a couple days ago and I just got my copy. Will be playing it later, heh.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I'm interested in seeing how it goes, but havent read past chaper 4. Although massively scaring the discussion page, I'm glad you guys are using the spoiler tags :)

Not scaring, I'd say. More like a warning... POTENTIALLY triggering, but that's a stretch.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

The senpai/kouhai couple trope is what I remember as being the cliche, but considering everything that happens for each couple, and having to keep track of everything happening in general, it was well diversified and each character was unique enough to stand out with their own set of characterizations, worries, flaws and eventual resolution.

Huh, I guess cliche was a bad word to use. I've seen the tropes for all pairings at least once before in the yuri mangas I've read (except ghost x ghost, surprisingly), so that's why I mentioned it. The stories for each pairing were also very basic to me, but it's oddly fitting and satisfying. What got me was that I knew that ghosts could not linger forever from the very beginning, but when the actual scene came by, it really hit me.

What actually hit EVEN HARDER was by the time we were introduced to the Nena/Sasa/Umi trio, I started to realize that Yuna became less lonely and antisocial. When the ending came along and made it clear that this was the case, I got emotional.

@adyatma16

The character in my avatar is also a part of the Lilycle series, if you're someone who is conscious about art/design.

last edited at Nov 1, 2016 4:06AM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

@Faust
Voter apathy? I suppose so. I didn't say I wouldn't sign it, but I understand completely that my post most likely came off the wrong way. Still, I'm trying to be realistic about it. I frankly don't see it happening, but hey, if it does, you won't see me complaining.

I just feel there needs to be more than just a petition to do the work though.

I know what you mean, it just feels like it was a really good work tho, and tbh, would make such a great yuri anime
There isn't a lot of yuri anime, and for real, not all of them were like, incredible either. Kindred Spirits really blew me away, it was amazing, it was portrayed beautifully and I'm so hopelessly attached to the characters and would love to see so much more from them. It has really great potential, wouldn't you agree?
At least the petition has caught Liar-Soft's attention, that's a good start already

Agreed, it was really well made and has a great story to it. It was a bit cliche, but it fit and worked out really well. I shed tears towards the end too (but I cry a lot anyway, haha).

Anyway, sorry about my first post coming off the wrong way! I think with proper crowdfunding, that would really grab their attention.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

If you even try to read on, you'll see that chapters 16 to around 20 tries to get the reader to pity Sana with some woeful backstory, but I'm not feeling it. When Megumi and Makoto started dating, it was quite cute, but not worth reading given the sudden change of direction.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

@adyatma16
Lilycle is currently a series of drama CDs that follow (currently) 6 pairings andhow they get together. Each drama CD focuses on a different couple. There are bonus CDs floating around here and there, as well as duo character songs. A visual novel adaptation is coming out on April 28th, which also has a 7th trio/pairing (unconfirmed) as its main characters.

The game has a calendar system, much like Okujou no Yurirei-san.

@Faust
Voter apathy? I suppose so. I didn't say I wouldn't sign it, but I understand completely that my post most likely came off the wrong way. Still, I'm trying to be realistic about it. I frankly don't see it happening, but hey, if it does, you won't see me complaining.

I just feel there needs to be more than just a petition to do the work though.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I bought all three volumes on Amazon some months ago, but only bothered to read volume 1 and little bits and pieces of volume 3. (Just kidding, decided to skim a little bit of volume 2 just now)

I won't summarize what I read, but I will list the spoilers that I can remember at the top of my head. Remember that I read this a couple months ago:

Mikoto gets awfully sensitive about the topic of her wings, which is very suspicious.

Sayuri gradually comes to obtain romantic feelings for Mikoto, as if it wasn't obvious enough already.

SPOILERS WITH OGA IN VOLUME 2:

Skimming volume 2 as I write actually. Oga drops a little stuffed bear keychain, which gets picked up by a high school girl named Himeko- who believes Oga to be a boy.

They meet up again, where Himeko finds out Oga is really a girl, but calls her what is essentially in this context, a hermaphrodite. At school, Himeko's friends claim to have seen Himeko and Oga in a cafe together, and they ask if Oga is Himeko's boyfriend.

OF COURSE, to save face, Himeko says yes. She then blackmails Oga into pretending to be her boyfriend for their school cultural festival... at the expense of poor Oga's teddy bear keychain's life!

They go on a date together and end up in a shop that sells cute trinkets. Himeko accepts that while Oga looks like a male on the outside, Oga is really pure on in the inside and very much so feminine in that regard. Himeko also acknowledges that despite her own selfishness, Oga is very kind and will never get mad at her.

As they leave the store, Oga sees Sayuri walking around, and while Oga does not call out to Sayuri, she does let Himeko know of Sayuri's existence. Oga calls Sayuri cute, but Himeko disagrees out of jealousy. Oga clarifies that Sayuri's cuteness actually comes from her personality and not necessarily her appearance... which drives Himeko to even an DEEPER stage of jealousy.

As Himeko is about to rage quit on their date, she nearly falls down a flight of stairs, but Oga catches her in the most cliche pose imaginable. Himeko blushes furiously and her hair is tangled up around a button on Oga's sleeve. Before Himeko runs away, Oga gives Himeko a present from the trinket shop. Of course, we see here that Himeko is totally swept off her feet.

Not going to finish reading, but the later parts of the volume are about Oga's backstory and some "stripping" accident with Himeko. It's not as naughty or dark as I'm making it out to be, though.

SPOILERS FROM VOLUME 3:

There is a new character (whose name I cannot remember for the life of me) introduced and she is a photographer. She is immediately enticed by Mikoto's angelic appearance (huehue) and becomes INSANELY OBSESSED WITH HER... gradually, that is.

Meanwhile, Sayuri is falling more and more in love with Mikoto and is coming to accept it as well. However, this is some really poor timing because this new photographer lady takes much of Mikoto's time away from Sayuri.

Lots of bad vibes from this creepy stalker obsessed photographer lady.

And at the end of the volume... photographer lady tries to push herself onto Mikoto. However, Mikoto makes it super clear that her love belongs to Sayuri, and Sayuri only. Photographer lady does not take no for an answer and forces a kiss on Mikoto, which Sayuri witnesses... aaand cliffhanger ensues.

last edited at Apr 12, 2016 10:16AM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

^ SIDE A and B are not doujins. They are official (canon) sequels to the game.

Are they? I was unaware of that, haha. Side A was cute, but side B didn't appeal to me that much. I just bought both ebooks off of Amazon one day and read them before even playing the game.

Still, thanks for correcting me.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Would be cool, seeing that I LOVE Okujou no Yurirei-san to death, but I don't see it happening.

Yuri anime isn't a very popular genre in Japan, as far as I'm aware, and the Japanese media/anime industry clearly does not care much about overseas reception. Petitions for this sort of matter are just pipe dreams, so even if they DO decide to make an anime out of this, I can 100% guarantee it's not a result of this petition.

I think the series is fine as a game/drama CD series, frankly. Maybe a manga/light novel adaptation would be more realistic (and no, I'm not referring to the Side A/B doujins), but again, I don't see that happening either.

Nonetheless, you can hope and wish for it and maybe it'll actually happen one day - probably in the form of an OVA if anything. Keep your spirits up and just look forward to the English translations for the drama CD series. If you want to follow another upcoming yuri VN, take a look at Lilycle Rainbow Stage, which is coming out on April 28th. :)

E: By the way, rather than a petition, it would be FAR more reasonable to start a kickstarter. However, that kickstarter would need to be made by the creators themselves for it to be the least bit legitimate.

last edited at Apr 12, 2016 5:28AM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Read the chapters up to 19 in Japanese, but I skimmed the last few since I got more and more put off by it. PLEASE, PLEASE read this spoiler if you are not into this genre: NTR and stupid attempts at cheating/getting a trio relationship.

Here is a rather LONG summary of the spoilers:

REMEMBER, I read this in Japanese so the names are Japanese as well. Joy is Megumi, Hye-Yeon is Sana and Namsu is Makoto. This isn't really a spoiler, so I'm just leaving this out here.

Since the first some chapters are free, I won't cover those. Makoto and Sana meet up where Makoto finds out Sana has been sleeping around abroad. The two of them learn of each other's feelings for Megumi in the process as well. Makoto is challenged by Sana, who guarantees that she will make Megumi fall in love with her.

Shit happens, and the weirdo chick with glasses who can supposedly sense "love in the air" (her name is Shiori) confronts Makoto, who makes the latter realize that she is indeed, in love with Megumi. Later on, Makoto is down with a fever and has this elaborate dream of dating Megumi and just being lovey-dovey with her (including kissing), which turns Makoto on greatly. When she comes to, she is immediately depressed over it being a dream, but masturbates to her fantasy. This scene is a lot more angsty than how I'm describing it by the way.

Later, Shiori goes to confront Megumi about this love triangle and FORCES her to realize that Megumi's ignorance is making Makoto feel absolutely miserable and is creating turmoil between Makoto and Sana. On the way home, Megumi finds an ill Makoto wandering around the streets.

Makoto, still in a daze due to her illness, forces a kiss onto Megumi, but passes out immediately after. Makoto is then taken home by an ambulance, but it's nothing serious. The next day, Megumi meets up with Makoto before school, where she acts like nothing happened. However, Megumi soon takes Makoto out of the classroom and they sit together and talk about the event from the night before. Megumi reveals she knows of Makoto's feelings and they confess to each other (!!!) ... and they start going out after they get a kiss in.

Megumi tells Sana about their new relationship, and Sana is immediately heartbroken, but urges Megumi not to tell anyone else about their relationship. Megumi takes this as a sign of protection and agrees with her. After all this, Megumi and Makoto get along well, Makoto is feeling great about running again and the two go on a date, which at the end of the day, leads to Megumi going over to Makoto's house. Oh yeah, and during the date, the girls buy each other shoes as presents.

They end up sleeping on the same bed, but nothing beyond that happens really. The next 3 or 4 chapters are ALL about Sana and her childhood with Megumi, which I seriously did not bother to read since I was more on team Makoto. Sana ends up crying over the phone to Megumi and Megumi barges into the room and that's where the latest chapter ended.

I looked up more spoilers from 4chan and it turns out, Megumi ends up with Sana, but she tried to get Makoto and Sana to be friends with each other (this failed miserably). She supposedly cheats on Makoto with Sana, but in a way where she tried to link all three of them together.

Seira
Image Comments 10 Apr 21:46
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

@hazu

That's what my friend's incredibly abusive and toxic ex-girlfriend said to EVERYONE while they were still going out.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Been following this forever since all of my favorite seiyuu are in this. ; w ;

The trial is a whopping 1.2 GB in size and plays a little like Okujou no Yurirei-san with the calendar system (this game goes from April all the way to next March). The opening is pretty nice and the art is beyond gorgeous (go stalk Miwabe Sakura if you haven't already). I love the little animations in the game, such as the floating sakura petals and the eye blinks. If you know a bit more than just basic Japanese, the gist of the story shouldn't be too hard to grasp.

In any case, I believe a few of the couples haven't actually hooked up when you first start the game. It's possible that the first three couples (from volumes 1, 2 and 3) have hooked up, but I'm not sure. However, I'm almost certain that the ones beyond volume 3 haven't gotten together yet since Seira and Hare still refer to each other by their last names and Uzako and Ayumi aren't that close yet (I haven't listened to volume 4 though). We'll find out more when the full game comes out.

And finally, for anyone who is wondering about the new threesome couple (Nishino Tamaki, Takatsuki Saeka and Sakuraba Yuuno), they are the "main" characters of the story. And to my knowledge, there are at least three possibilities amongst this trio (Tamaki x Yuuno, Yuuno x Saeka, Saeka x Tamaki) and possibly a threesome route. If you are not a fan of polygamy or open relationships (like me), this should be good news. Saeka x Tamaki is still my OTP.

Anyway, if you haven't played the trial already, go take a look for yourself! It'll definitely be worth it. As far as I'm aware, you don't really need any prior knowledge of the franchise to enjoy the game - if anything, the VN should be promoting sales of the drama CD series.

last edited at Apr 7, 2016 1:26AM

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Am I the only one who likes Nazuna x Kanna?

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

^ uh do you have a short, spoiler free summary of what it's about? Is it just one shots or are they all connected?

Umm, there are two other characters introduced (as you can see in the cover... one is mostly irrelevant though) and a love triangle ensues. That's all I can really say that's as spoiler free as possible.

I just read the raws and few translated chapters from the Yuri Project board, so I'm not too sure on the details regarding publications and all, but the chapter we are discussing in this thread is related to a one shot. This is a prequel to another series called Strange Babies, which follows Yagi, Madeleine and two other characters as mentioned above. Strange Babies has a total of 5 chapters as far as I'm aware.

last edited at Apr 5, 2016 3:42PM by Nezchan

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Spoiler alert:

There are no powerful acid trips, supernatural goats or homemade science babies. Sorry to disappoint.

On a more serious note, here's the rundown of the next 5 chapters (the whole series) for those who may be interested:

Yagi Meiko and Kirara Madoka (their real names) are stalked by a longtime fan of Yagi's, who happens to be a first year at their school. The enthusiastic stalker is introduced as Koko-chan, and she brings an aloof accomplice named Alice with her. Koko-chan, annoyed at Mado-chan's sudden closeness to Yagi, attempts to wedge her way in between their relationship. Mado-chan is unaware of this "master plan" while Yagi is delighted to have new friends after having been a loner for so long.

Koko-chan is shown to be clingy and hyper, which only ends up creating a distance between Yagi and Mado-chan. Eventually, Koko-chan decides to jump the gun and confess to Yagi, who is conflicted because she has never been confessed to (BY A GRILL, NONETHELESS). She decides that she WANTS to consult with Mado-chan, but never ends up finding the courage to tell her about the confession. So yes, Mado-chan is completely in the dark about the whole Koko-chan having feelings for Yagi thing. MEANWHILE, to make things worse, Mado-chan (vaguely aware of her feelings for Yagi) and Yagi make a promise to stay together forever. Yagi has no clue about how gay Mado-chan's proposal is.

FOR SOME REASON, Yagi is inspired by Mado-chan's proposal of staying together forever... and decides to accept Koko-chan's confession. They start going out and Koko-chan wastes no time to subtly rub this in Mado-chan's face. Mado-chan is of course, heartbroken, crushed and greatly confused for pretty obvious reasons. Koko-chan becomes even clingier, forcing Yagi and Mado-chan farther apart than ever. Koko-chan and Yagi go on a date later, where everything reminds Yagi of Mado-chan, but she is STILL unaware of her feelings for Mado-chan.

Later on in the story, the group of four take a trip to some beach (I skimmed through the last two chapters) and film themselves while they're there. As Yagi and Koko-chan are about to make a broadcast (I think), Mado-chan can no longer keep her feelings in check and breaks down. She reveals that she is in pain (emotionally) because Yagi is going out with Koko-chan. She also confesses her feelings for Yagi, and thought that Yagi had felt the same way. Mado-chan runs off, believing her "temper tantrum" to be a bother to the rest of the group. The remaining three girls go out and try to find Mado-chan, and Koko-chan is the one to find her.

They go home, Yagi chastises herself for not noticing Mado-chan's feelings earlier, and they remain distant. At school, Yagi and Koko-chan are eating lunch alone. Koko-chan tries to throw herself onto Yagi, and unaware of Yagi's feelings for Mado-chan, sparks something within Yagi by telling her to be honest with her feelings. Yagi takes this unintentional advice to heart and runs off to Mado-chan's house ... without even properly breaking up with Koko-chan. After a brief exchange, Mado-chan and Yagi make up with a kiss.

That's basically how it goes.

Seira
Lily Love discussion 21 Mar 07:33
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Chapter 21 went smoothly, glad Mew didn't kiss Ploy.

But then Ice comes along...

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Wow, I actually bought this book some months ago and just reread it again recently- before I even got around to playing the game (which I have completed now). I would've saved a good couple hundred yen if I knew it was actually gonna get picked up! ; w ; /

Oh, and is Side B going to get picked up too? I feel that one was way more lackluster and could have worked as a standalone, really.

last edited at Mar 15, 2016 8:42PM

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I don't know if this was mentioned before, but isn't the dude's name Kougami and not Takaue? I haven't seen the raws, but I'm assuming his name is spelled 高上, which can be read as both Kougami and Takaue, but I'm pretty sure it's the former.

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

But yeah, I'm up for doing the cleaning and redrawing, especially if it's only going to be 8 chapters or so.

The project has been sitting there for a year waiting for someone to work on it.

I am willing to come out of retirement to prevent the previous translator from releasing any further chapters of the Tovarisch series.

edit: I should clarify the sources of my grievances as you would have no way of being aware of them. The Half-ass Scan group stole AnonT's translations, sometimes verbatim, without any indication that another translation had been consulted. It also showed insufficient respect for the original author by providing inaccurate and unvetted translations of her work. Unless things have changed there significantly I recommend against working with that group.

I'll shoot Alice Cheshire an email if they're still willing to work together with me. I would like to use the scans on Yuri Project up until volume 2. After that, I could rip my own volume 3 apart and scan them myself. I think it would also be ideal to work with the translation scripts that are already out, in which I can do the typesetting. I can translate the third volume and redo the last chapter as well.

I would also like to apologize on behalf of the Halfass Scans group. I had the thought that the scans and the translation were both of public domain without needing permission from the posters, but that's something I've since learned. The group is gone, and has been dissolved since what, something around two years ago? So no need to worry about that.

Regardless, the LQ works should / will be redone, in which case, the proper people will be addressed and accredited. Sorry for the inconvenience and the trouble!

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Seira posted:

If anyone wants to edit or redraw it, I can do the translation and typesetting.

I already made a post about this in the Comprehensive Tovarisch thread where someone quoted you but if you can't find someone else to deal with the cleaning and redrawing I can do it between cleaning chapters for Kawaii Scans.

Oh man, must've been a comment from long ago then. I've just graduated from high school (early grad, woohoo), so now I've got a lot of time on my hands lately. If you're willing to do it, that would be wonderful. No rush for the job either, I'd be fine waiting a while in between chapters. There are only a couple left anyway (like, 8? If people want the last chapter to be redone in better quality).

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

This one-shot was cute. It is a bit weird she followed Yasuka around for a week, but she was convinced there was something beneath her rough exterior and wanted to get to know her better... that and yuri logic at its finest.

As for Sougou Tovarisch, I have all 3 tanks and read through all of them. I did the final chapter under the name of Halfass Scans, which were LQ scans for people who wanted to rush to the ending.

I lost interest in translating because I wasn't willing to destroy my precious books and no other raws were out at the time. Plus, I severely lacked editing skills and drawing skills, so I couldn't make anything out of it... so I gave up.

Nowadays, I'm less concerned about these damn books, but there are plenty of raws online I think. If anyone wants to edit or redraw it, I can do the translation and typesetting.