Forum › Posts by BV

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Note to self: don't read yuri manga if the very creepy music from Epimetheus' video on the Sea Peoples is stuck repeating seemingly endlessly in your head.

BV
Image Comments 15 Feb 14:47
joined Oct 22, 2018
73166089_p0

^ lol

joined Oct 22, 2018

So... is this the end, or is there a chapter 50 we can expect? All previous volumes had 5 chapters each, so I presume the same would hold for the last volume, as well...

BV
Image Comments 15 Feb 07:18
joined Oct 22, 2018
73166089_p0

Making something simultaneously sweet and funny 101.

last edited at Feb 15, 2019 10:31AM

joined Oct 22, 2018

@Blastaar
@skull
Thank you. It makes the situation much more clear. And just in time before I start re-reading this too, lol.

joined Oct 22, 2018

…It took me several minutes to get that joke. I'm getting old.

Well, at least you got it ;)

joined Oct 22, 2018

Meanwhile, in can-barely-be-counted-as-on-topic news:
Today, because it's Valentine's, our legal proceedings teacher gave us a free class to recite or sing some songs or parts of songs. Now, because I'm referring to myself here with my initials, I'll also do so with my classmates. First came two guys: EF and BK. They recited some shitty, but funny thing, whatever. Then came three other guys: DT, PV and NĐ, who sang a song that, while, yes, having some romantic element, is much more of a patriotic song than a romantic song. Then, there was a girl, SK, who recited a love song that we already learned, like... a decade back... The song is called "Srcolovka". Then came two other guys, FM and MI, who also recited some shitty funny stuff... And, finally, we come to me. I have taken the time to connect to the internet, find the English translation to "Suki, igai no kotoba de" (yes, the insert song in episode 13 of YagaKimi), took the last stanza, translated it to Serbocroatobosniomontenegrin, and then recited. I got the biggest applause of all of them, and the teacher said that 3 of the previous 4 numbers should've been bood at. I helped YagaKimi gain recognition there, and only my namesake classmate who sits next to me realized it (due to me telling him about it beforehand, and because he turned on his Wi-Fi so I could find what I needed on the Internet).

Šta ti želim reći
Je uvjek zapisano u dubini mog srca.
Kad čujem tvoj glas, sve zaboravim.
Čak u tim tajnim razmjenama,
Zakopam ih svakog dana razgovorima.
Šta bi trebalo uraditi?
Šta da kažem?
Riječima drugim do "ljubav".

joined Oct 22, 2018

ahhhh, i just want everyone to be happy. i guess the three of them would probably make a pretty cute poly trio. i can see sayaka and yuu teaming up to get revenge on touko for all her bossiness. :P

I think others have already said this many times before, but this simply isn't that kind of story...

BV
Where you from?~ 10 Feb 14:23
joined Oct 22, 2018

Podgorica, Montenegro.
Also, I accidentally found this thread to see if I'm the only Balkaner. Glad to see a Serb, 3 Greeks if I remember correctly? and a Bulgarian. And yeah, not to forget that guy who is a US citizen, put used to live in Canada, Croatia, B&H and Serbia earlier in life, too. xD

joined Oct 22, 2018

I wouldn't be myself if I didn't like (and, occasionally, make) memes. Please, enjoy:

joined Oct 22, 2018

I really hate it when I read a conversation, and want to join it, but I don't know what to say...

joined Oct 22, 2018

So she's officially lesbian? lol

This is a Dynasty forum—until we get on-panel fisting, it’s all just subtext.

That... contradicts a post you've made on the AnoKiss thread...

He was making a sarcastic remark BV.
Also you triple posted again.

At least this time I was actually responding to people's posts, rather than just posting my experiences while reading.

last edited at Feb 8, 2019 5:31PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

So she's officially lesbian? lol

This is a Dynasty forum—until we get on-panel fisting, it’s all just subtext.

That... contradicts a post you've made on the AnoKiss thread...

joined Oct 22, 2018

Two measly pages does not a chapter make.

Yoda, is that you?

joined Oct 22, 2018

One shot everytime the word lesbian appears. :o

I'm gonna take a potato chip each time it's mentioned instead (I'm not into alcohol).

joined Oct 22, 2018

I won't comment on whether the leaf actually represents love or not since that one isn't as obvious so the meaning is more speculative. However, I do want to point out that the use of autumn as the backdrop to emphasize the theme of change is most likely intentional on Nakatani's part. Even back in ch 34, this page specifically, the connection is established. What Touko said in the original Japanese is "I like autumn, wouldn't it be nice if we could remain in this kind of season forever?" It very much parallels her wish for their relationship to not change as she later expressed here. But we know how that went. Their relationship changes for good after Yuu's confession & now, here we are in ch 38, still contemplating about changes in autumn.

Yeah, I didn't even get into intra-textual pattern formations (a lot of us have been calling them "callbacks" at various points).

There's also the "shots of legs and feet on the way to and from big confrontation scenes" thing--we should have known as soon as we saw Touko wearing trainers (like Yuu in Chapter 34) and Sayaka with clunkier shoes (penny loafers, I think) that Touko was going to (figuratively) run away. lol

One of my favorite things is the stone path across the river where Yuu commits to the relationship with Touko, and later where she gives her confession. because of the construction of the path, it both provides a connection between them and separates them. It limits how close they can get to each other without risk, but it also provides a way for them to approach each other. In the confession scene, Yuu is forced to throw Touko literally off balance in order to get close enough to initiate a kiss. It both acts as a symbol and restricts the blocking of the scene in ways that compliment the relationship.

Once the the whole thing's finished, oh, the walls of text we shall have!

But then...where will we go after that?

(for the paranoid among you, no, that does not mean I'm contemplating suicide. ;p )

Paranoid who’s paranoid?
(https://i.postimg.cc/FFYN4JFb/Capturefgfdgdfg.png)

NO, DON'T DO IT.

last edited at Feb 7, 2019 2:14PM by Nezchan

BV
Image Comments 06 Feb 18:12
joined Oct 22, 2018
68216710_p0

^
SENPAI NO BAKA!

BV
Image Comments 06 Feb 18:03
joined Oct 22, 2018
Tumblr_ph9e0l4qul1tk0buqo1_r2_1280

^ I did.

joined Oct 22, 2018

I get the "I will change now" part, but both of them seem a little cryptic in phrasing. (This isn't about the accuracy of either translation; I'm just wondering if anybody has any comments on these intro phrases in general.)

I won't go into discussion over translations but the Japanese text for that line is literally (and I mean literally):
If now, because now.
Make of that what you will I guess, the sentence is already ambiguous in Japanese so people need to look at context.

Thanks. I get the feeling that if I were trying to do such translations (never happen, though) I’d constantly be yelling, “Can I get a g*****d PRONOUN around here, please?!?”

And the answer would be: blank looks.

Lol. I need to make a countryball animatic from that.

BV
Image Comments 06 Feb 05:32
joined Oct 22, 2018
65357786_p0

#NotMyShip

EDIT:
@BugDevil said

Well I always did say that this is the only Aoba ship with any weight to it.... BUT IT IS NOT ALLOWED! Rin x Kou or the world shall buuuuurn!!!

And it seems like we're on the same page.

last edited at Feb 6, 2019 5:34AM

BV
Image Comments 06 Feb 05:06
joined Oct 22, 2018
72877544_p0

@DY4Y
@Prince_Anime
LMAO.

BV
Image Comments 06 Feb 05:04
joined Oct 22, 2018
72877544_p0

False advertising. The string needs to be taut in order to actually hear anything. Kids these days know nothing about old toys :/

Considering the fact that I'm a teen, I could probably be classified as "kids these days", and I know how those cup-phones work despite not having used them once. But you're right, the string needs to be taut.

last edited at Feb 6, 2019 5:05AM

joined Oct 22, 2018

K.
I've read the many posts I missed, and I kinda feel like @Clueless1 on this. I can't say something that hasn't been said already.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Alright. Um... I would want to apologize for that self-advertisement incident from 28th January... And also to apologize for barging in with this off-topic post... Now, due to time constraints, I didn't read the beforehand posts, so, that's an additional layer of apology from me... But, I really wanted to just explain myself... After that self-advertisement incident, I got back to my self-punishing ways (because old habits die hard, apparently), and, so, deleted the post I advertised, and then decided to bar myself from entering the forums, fanarts and comments on Dynasty Reader for 8 days (29th January though to 5th February), while giving myself only one opportunity to see if there were any new chapters for the entire duration of those 8 days... I didn't have luck and there were no new chapters on any ongoing mangas I'm following at the time I decided to use the opportunity I gave myself. Those 8 days were basically a self-inflicted agony... and I can not say I didn't deserve it... Now I know how those drug addicts feel like when they go through withdrawal...
If I am to summarize what I said above in one (admittedly, run-on) sentence, that'd be: "That annoying Balkans guy is back, and, what with much (but not all) of his self-trust lost, he can only hope he can constrain himself, as, IF he does, he wouldn't screw himself over and annoy the shit out of everyone else.".
What a sentence!
I sincerely apologize.
And as for that post I advertised and deleted... I will re-post it, but, to avoid this being interpreted as self-advertisement, I won't be doing it any day soon.
Once again, most sincere apologies from me to you, for bothering you.
Peace.

joined Oct 22, 2018

BV I'm going to be deleting posts of yours advertising other posts of yours on sight from here on. Nobody else sees a need to do that and I'm mystified as to why you do.

No, this isn't an invitation to explain your reasons.

Fair enough. TBH, I'm not actually surprised.

EDIT:
Well damn, I thought I still had the opportunity to delete it before you did, but it seems to me you deleted it before giving the heads up.

last edited at Jan 28, 2019 5:12PM