Forum › Posts by BV

joined Oct 22, 2018

@Chicken
I was squinting SO hard reading your comments.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Disclaimer:
We can't be sure about what happens next before it actually happens. This prediction was made on a combination of conjecture, wishful thinking, and what I call (and I know this is an oxymoron) fictional realism (basically what, in this fiction, seems the most likely immediate outcome of the current situation in the fiction).
Alright, so... I think the endgame is almost certainly gonna be a KaoruxUta one. However, I still am convinced that there's a long, rocky and painful road towards that, and I don't think the road is gonna be so just for the characters. Having read the entire thread, I'm sure I'm not the only one here that will feel some pain reading what's to come... but I guess a few others and myself would be the Estonia and Finland of this thread: we'll just embrace the pain... It hurts so good.
Another prediction (that I'm far less certain of) is that, once Uta moves to her mother's place, that both Uta and Kaoru would cry each night for the following week, after going into bed, but before actually falling asleep.

EDIT: And by "long", I really mean loooooooong. Wouldn't surprise me that (if we include the side character chapters) it'd take - at least 3, at most 5 - further volumes to get to the point when the "hook-up" (if it's even gonna be called so) happens.

last edited at Mar 5, 2019 6:50AM

joined Oct 22, 2018

Boy... I went through the arduous process of reading this entire thread. Even though I actually liked the manga (I even consider re-reading it), I have to agree, @Doctor_Hoot, reading the thread is more interesting. So many different opinions, perceptions and interpretations, some of which influenced my own.

EDIT:
I wanted to take a shot at predicting what might happen next, but I have school in the morning, thus having to go to sleep now, so I guess I'll just to it after breakfast and before dad and I head out of house for him to drive me and see me off to school.

last edited at Mar 4, 2019 4:19PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

Btw is there a way to quote more than one post at a time without having to just copy and paste additional one?

If you're on a phone, you may resort to not as much posting a reply, but just copying a post or part of a post by copying it and then putting it after > to make it be a quote and then proceed to write what would've been your reply to the post. It takes a while, but it works both when you just wanna quote a part of the post, or multiple posts, or parts of different posts. However, if the posts you want to quote are on different pages of the thread, you might want to copy those on the earlier of those pages into notepad (if using phone) or MSO Word (if on PC).
I hope I was of any help.

last edited at Mar 2, 2019 5:07PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

passes through on a rolling chair

Man, I wish I could think of something smart or funny to reply with, but I've got nothin'.
¯_(ツ)_/¯

joined Oct 22, 2018

OK... I don't know how to comment on this, now that I've read all that was thus far made... I'm looking forward to the next chapter, as this is quite an interesting manga, and I like it, but... despite the many differences to a certain manga that'll be mentioned later this post, I'm getting a bit of deja-vu here... One of the MCs falls in love with the other. That other MC eventually finds out. The other MC falls in love (or at least appears to do so) back, but isn't aware of that herself yet.
Is it naive of me to think there are some parallels between the plots of "My Unrequited Love" and "Girl Friends"?

joined Oct 22, 2018

Alright, after a long hard while of reading a manga I just discovered yesteday, and then an even longer harder while of studying, I can now take the time to reply to what I've missed in the meantime.
First: the comments about Natsuki.
Why didn't I take the same mental gymnastics BS classes as you guys? laughs a bit I'm kinda envious.
Second: these more recent comments about Yuu.
Yeah, I kinda like Yuu's mischievous and teasing scenes, too. Some of the teasing ones actually ended up being some of my favorite, due to how funny I found them, most especially the one where she briefly called Touko "Touko-senpai". However, I must confess that one of the other things I like about Yuu is one that was just given on a very irrelevant page in some of the bonuses, which is that she drinks milk straight outta the tetrapack at times, something I also sneakily do from time-to-time.

EDIT:
After taking a short break from Dynasty Reader for dinner, I drank milk from the tetrapack again.

last edited at Mar 2, 2019 2:41PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

K, I only discovered this manga yesterday, after watching some YouTube video, and after I found it here, the description given threw me for quite a few loops. Will check it regardless, though.

joined Oct 22, 2018

When all is said and done I hope we get to see Yuu and Touko come out to Yuu parents or just having a open relationship without needing to hide things so they can have the good and accepted type of relationship Yuu sister and her bf have. For the two to be able be a coupe and spend time/nights at each others house would be great.

If they come out to anyone, better start with friends, I think. They sort of, kind of, technically already did to Sayaka and Maki. I think it won't be hard to come out to Koyomi (the play she wrote has a yuri couple, afterall) or Doujima (a fellow student council member); of course, people like @BugDevil (did I spell the username correctly? I forgot if there was an underdash in it or not) and myself are also shipping Midori and Manaka, so it comes as no surprise that I'd think that coming out to them would be easy. This just leaves Akari and Natsuki as people I don't know what they'd think of. I think they're gonna accept, but there have been little to no hints of that.
Now, the next best bet (even better than some of those in the previous paragraph) would definitely be Rei. She already guessed what was going on, and already decided to support her sister, and I think Hiro might be in the same boat, too. Rei did mention that her and Yuu's dad might initially be opposed, but eventually convinced, but that their mom is the actual problem about all that, and their grandma would surely side with her daughter (Yuu and Rei's mom), so I'm not sure how they'd go beyond that. I honestly have no effing idea what will Touko’s parents think about it, so I can only hope for the best.
Still, by far the most likely adults to be accepting of that are, of couse, Riko and Miyako, themselves a lesbian couple. This still leaves Ichigaya in the "I'm not sure wether they will support or not" category, but he's kinda leaning more to the "will" side of that spectrum.
Aaah, can't believe I wasted over 20 minutes for this post!

EDIT: Hopefully, it'd be worth it.

last edited at Mar 2, 2019 5:01AM

joined Oct 22, 2018

... At this rate, Dynasty Cafe would transform into me having a convo with myself.
Downsides: many, not the least of which is the lack of any real interaction and discussion and no one else gets to see...
Upsides: one, that being that I could pretty much talk about whatever comes to my mind.

The downsides of that occuring massively outweigh the single upside, so...

PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME ALONE HERE!

BV
Image Comments 01 Mar 18:51
joined Oct 22, 2018
68752170_p0

^^^^
Sadly, yes... Too bad, really, since I'm one of the more stubborn AobaxHifumi shippers... Not nearly as stubborn about shipping as I am stubborn about shipping KouxRin, but still...

joined Oct 22, 2018

My re-reading of the manga came in handy for a certain sentence in this whole Doujima - Akari convo happening in the thread

I'm not certain what deeper moment you refer to.

Chapter 27, pages 9 - 19.

last edited at Mar 1, 2019 4:34PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

Kuso TL: https://m.imgur.com/a/irSHm4H

I love it how Yuu went from lying to herself, to dealing with the fact that she's heartbroken, to getting a glimmer of hope as she receives Touko’s message from chapter 38. Another reason to look forward to April!

joined Oct 22, 2018

https://macadate.wordpress.com/2019/02/27/bloom-into-you-talk-event-beyond-the-last-stop-report/

Partial translation of a report on the 2/26 open talk event with Nakatani, Kusunoki, & 4 other major anime staffs and producers.

Pretty interesting, and, at some moments, funny... But what really caught my mind was how they described Nakatani's beauty somewhat resembling that of Miyako (is there a video recording of what's been put into this report?), but also there's what short description they gave of Kusunoki... Should I take that as a sign that Nakatani and Kunosoki are actually dating, or...?

Yeah, I somehow managed to confuse myself...

joined Oct 22, 2018

Y'know, I've been re-reading YagaKimi for the past week or so, and just now I observed something. If we take the last page or two from chapter 39's raws and also our expectations of what's to happen in chapter 40, I kinda feel like the first page of chapter 26 gave us just a tiny bit of foreshadowing:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bloom_into_you_ch26#1

last edited at Mar 1, 2019 5:12AM

joined Oct 22, 2018

Edit: Maki best girl.

#trufacts

I better not say anything about that again, or I'll get wooshed again...

joined Oct 22, 2018

Did anyone else furiously tap the screen repeatedly at the end of the most recent chapter?

joined Oct 22, 2018

Well, my self-punishment via self-imposed exile ended an hour a go, and, lo an behold, I have some things I feel I really need to respond to.

Raws are out! Though they don't seem to be visible for mobile users.
http://tieba.baidu.com/photo/p?kw=%E7%BB%88%E5%B0%86%E6%88%90%E4%B8%BA%E4%BD%A0&flux=1&tid=6048995208&pic_id=df92c21090ef76c6707a86149316fdfaaf516731&pn=1&fp=2&see_lz=1&red_tag=g3253955167&fbclid=IwAR3-ahOEptAlEiivxwWD6r1BU4LlSeSEflufRLtc89yA7GuNNj8ysGpAdjY#!/piddf92c21090ef76c6707a86149316fdfaaf516731/pn1

Fake news! I entered the link via phone and it was visible. Can't wait to actually understand what everyone said, but I know what comes next after that: reconciliation of our two beloved protagonists!

Maki best girl.

girl

-.- facepalm seriously... -.- ...

Chapter 39: Maki, Good job for remind her to make him aware of his feelings to touko, Nice~ New CP: douzima × agali. forget her senpai?Intersting.

r/engrish

joined Oct 22, 2018

Self-imposed exile time... again... see ya in 5 days...

joined Oct 22, 2018

Finally!! I've been over this manga for so long, but I'm annoyed when things aren't wrapped. The main-ish pairing finally with some closure. Glad I didn't close it out after the first two token interruptions.

I'm with you. Definitely glad they swapped moisture, but like James Cameron said about Aliens: It's forty miles of bad road.

You people really are the salt of the earth...

My history buff kicked in once again... for this salt to the Earth thing reminded me of Carthage... Romans salted the fields so the city wouldn't grow again.

joined Oct 22, 2018

I don't know why I haven't mentioned this before, but, a week ago, NASA's Opportunity rover on Mars died. Its last message to Earth was "My batteries are low and it's getting dark."...
Lie down...
Try not to cry...
Cry a lot...

EDIT:
I became even more sad once I remembered that the Cassini satellite that NASA sent to Saturn died in a blaze of glory nearly two years ago, in may 2017...

last edited at Feb 20, 2019 5:09PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

Random meme I just remembered:

types into google search bar FBI, I think my dad is dyslexic.
message from dad Wyh is het BFI hree?

last edited at Feb 20, 2019 9:47AM

BV
Image Comments 19 Feb 16:10
joined Oct 22, 2018
69199087_p0

And THIS long pause is the ONE TRUE ship.

BV
Citrus + discussion 19 Feb 16:08
joined Oct 22, 2018

tries to think of a good comment, but in the end gives up and yawns

joined Oct 22, 2018

On another note, Canno has done a little interview with Yurinavi to celebrate the end of the series. I'll see if I can translate it (though if someone else can I won't stop them X) ).

And we might expect a Revue Starlight doujin before long since she's apparently hooked on it lately.

(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dzh62d6UYAAG5gr.png)

Thank you, @Lyendith, very cool.

last edited at Feb 19, 2019 8:03PM by Nezchan