Forum › Posts by random

joined Jul 26, 2016

...pretty sure it was made quite clear the fish-peoples' tails can have rather charged connotations, depending on the specific context. (Their nudity taboos seem to be just as bizarre as the various IRL human ones.)

joined Jul 26, 2016

yuri on comedy

joined Jul 26, 2016

If only that magical event happens in this damn reality... XD

Realistically it'd mostly be creepy af. Some kind of... unfathomable supernatural mechanism just pairing people up in practical terms at random?

And I thought the concept of Santa keeping kids under 24/7 surveillance was disturbing...

Leaving that aside, I'm digging the whole interaction between the twins.

last edited at May 7, 2018 11:42AM

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

The curious thing is how Natsuki doesn't even mind two girls dating anymore. The teacher reveal that they're dating was received with just indifference.

TBF she more or less had prior warning from the previous chapters. Not much of a surprise anymore really...
Add the one long-established and recently another likely girl-couple in her social circle (plus arguably the extra levels of UST her relationship with Haruko has developed lately) and she's probably getting fairly blasé about the general idea.
Or at least has graduated from "incredulity" to "nervous curiosity", IYKWIM... ( ͡¬ ͜ʖ ͡¬)

joined Jul 26, 2016

Can't really fault something that Adorkable IMO.

joined Jul 26, 2016

...so Ran is pretty much the only one in this lot who isn't some degree of (amusingly) crazy lesbian. Or she's just more discreet about it than her friends...

Kinda nice to see them reappear though.

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

On another note, I like how Natsuko's mind is immediately in the gutter. These horny teens... ( ͡¬ ͜ʖ ͡¬)

Meanwhile Haruko's already pegging her as her future waifu. Not sure why they're still claiming they aren't dating; force of habit probably.

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

Expression and general demeanor basically. Likely with a fair stint of overall body language thrown in - Hell, we tend not think about it but it's plenty possible to recognise individual people from how they walk.

random
New Game discussion 06 May 14:47
joined Jul 26, 2016

Largely just an effect of everyone standing at different angles relative to the viewer methinks...

Either that, or there ain't no artist who can be bothered with a manipulating a Christmas sweater tone around those boobs.

Point.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Or perhaps even though her background meant she was ridiculously strong in ice magic, her meagre talent in fire allowed her to survive those conditions, so she has an attachment to its value.

The implication seems to be that her people in general have an affinity for ice magic and conversely suck at fire; not that real people need either to survive in the polar latitudes anyway, just appropriately warm clothing and housing designs...

We may also observe that her gear apparently specifically augments fire magic and she ditched it as excess baggage when she decided to tap onto her ice spells; by all appearances she's the being in the room least affected by whatever lethal cold field she conjured up despite having stripped down to her skivvies.
Seems logical enough that mastery of ice magic would also include protecting yourself from the selfsame cold, in much the same way as the fire demon is functionally immune to flame in all its forms.

random
New Game discussion 06 May 13:06
joined Jul 26, 2016

These bosses know their underlings only too well... and poor Hifumi couldn't keep a secret to save her life lmao

The cover page implied Momo was bustier than
Hajime, and the second panel corrects that.

Largely just an effect of everyone standing at different angles relative to the viewer methinks...

random
Tapestry discussion 05 May 11:59
joined Jul 26, 2016

Eh, she'll forget about it after circa hundred years anyway. Would also point out that normal people seem to deal with the passing of loved ones well enough; couples basically never die simultaneously barring unnatural causes, and children normally survive their parents by a rather wide margin (same caveats).

And unless they have a major falling out during the 60-70 more years Elizabeth is likely to live she'll probably be inheriting a meaningful estate; the continued freedom from having to engage in wage labour ought to make it rather easier to keep her unchanging appearance under wraps without having to resort to such a "nomadic" lifestyle and conversely allow her that much more freedom to form lasting connections with other people.

All in all besides the obvious emotional fulfillment for the length of the relationship I'd say this ought (or at least has real potential) to rather improve the enjoyability of her existence in the long run.

random
Tapestry discussion 05 May 07:27
joined Jul 26, 2016

Wait... So that 'Meg' is 60+ years old already? Or what?

According to herself her long-term memory only covers about the most recent hundred years so how long she's been around is literally anyone's guess.

joined Jul 26, 2016

...what the hell's with the physical attack commands tho, did she dip into Luchadore on the side or something?
(inb4 that's Icicle Fall - Easy -)

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

Ouch.

Also,

shitty personality

lmao harsh

joined Jul 26, 2016

I mean tbf, this Loopy Ex-Military Muscle Maid x Amateur Assassin Loli would have a pretty decent shot for Crack Pairing of the Decade...
I'd ship it. ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅb

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

Ah, remembered it correctly then. Yeah that's basically just "file off serials and change the wrapping" - at least from what we've seen so far this setting isn't that lazy.

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

Humans are kind of conformist jerks, taken as a whole. Kin selection/pack behaviour instincts and all that.

Though from what little I remember Love DNA just went for the low-hanging fruit there...

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

TBF the pathogen dicked around with fertility and heredity rather than outright extirpating the male sex, so they had a window of about a generation (in the reproductive sense) to figure out a workaround.

...not really seeing how engineering parthenogenesis into people would be faster and simpler than fixing whatever the Hell the bug did though... A Wizard Did It I guess. Or that one monomanic loli goddess. >_>

random
Tapestry discussion 04 May 10:43
joined Jul 26, 2016

I said "the weight of memories". How can you remember everything that happened in your life if it is endless?

That really depends purely on how you assume human memory to work. Is there some kind of "storage limit"? Who knows? Empirically speaking people certainly appear perfectly capable of retaining about a century's worth without problems (barring outright degenerative diseases or injuries), it's just that the gradual cellular decay of aging sooner or later starts eating at that too.

But someone whose biology remains perpetually vigorous? Who can tell, not like we have case studies to draw on. An sich there doesn't seem to be any particular reason to favour or dispute any specific assumption a fiction author may want to make about the matter.

And in the same fashion that you become numb to the loss of people, because they are just passing in a flash, you become numb to life itself, because at some point, you'd become bored. If you're eternal, there's no point to anything.

I suspect you're selling the robustness of human psychology very short here. Do remember that the overwhelming majority of human beings who have ever lived led, frankly, dreadfully monotonous and repetitive existences generally revolving around the agrarian cycle and their particular little field; they seem to have managed well enough though festivities and holidays have been universally highly appreciated to liven things up a bit.

Likewise you've had mystics effectively abandoning society for a life of solitary contemplation in the howling wilderness, barely above the subsistence limit. Just for one example the first human inhabitants of the Faroes and Iceland seem to have been Irish monks seeking to commune with God in isolation.

Eventually, having a really long life would be interesting if you can explore the universe and find new things? Alien sex may be a thing, who knows.

Sheer curiosity about what the future brings ought to be a pretty safe bet for an immortal's reason to keep going. Maggie's fairly well off in that regard as the story is set in a period that might be unironically described as interesting times - the world had already undergone momentous changes in only about two-three generations, more of the same was right around the corner and the heady days of the Space Age were just dawning...

The fact that she's now bedding with someone "independently wealthy" also means she is for a change free of the drudge of earning a daily wage and has unusually open opportunities to see where the world is going.

last edited at May 4, 2018 10:48AM

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

Holy shit but Chidori is smooth af

Why do I get the feeling that when they are older Chidori will be a total heartbreaker, a mysterious, self-sufficient, tsundere and sexy one.

This is sounding more and more plausible by the chapter.

random
Yuru Yuri discussion 03 May 13:05
joined Jul 26, 2016

Anything Chinatsu creates is grounds for a SAN check it seems.
Anything.

I dread to think what might happen if you gave her a pile of Legos. D:

Except tea

Too classy to be affected by... whatever Satanic powers she now unwittingly possesses I suppose.

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

Not really sure why all this B-movie science fiction handwaving was felt to be necessary for the setting tbh. Seems pretty gratuitous and redundant so far.

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

Also, I personally prefer yuri as a choice, not yuri as imposed by nature. It removes the subversive nature of the relationship, which is an easy way out of the social problem.

Not sure I see the inherent merits of "subversive nature", it bugs me more that these kinds of settings generally have the whiff of a lazy cop-out about them.

random
Yuru Yuri discussion 03 May 05:10
joined Jul 26, 2016

Anything Chinatsu creates is grounds for a SAN check it seems.
Anything.

I dread to think what might happen if you gave her a pile of Legos. D:

last edited at May 3, 2018 5:12AM