Forum › Posts by BV

BV
Octave discussion 16 Mar 14:32
joined Oct 22, 2018

Now, when it comes to yuri manga I've read, I divide them by how much I liked them into top, mid and low tiers. Octave very safely ended up in the top tier, though, not on the top spot.

joined Oct 22, 2018

What the hell? There haven't been any new fanarts for almost a month? Ugh... I suck at drawing (unless it's maps and countryballs we're talking about), so I'm really cursing my lack of expertise more than anyone/anything else...
Should I resort to just asking around some of my friends if they're good at drawing such stuff and if they follow YagaKimi to make a fanart for me?
thinks for a solid 5 minutes
Nah, it's probs not worth the risk...
sighs
From the depths of my soul, I'm truly sorry for bothering y'all with my half-assed horsecrap.

Check the YagaKimi subreddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/YagateKiminiNaru/

OK. Thanks.

Once again, sorry for being so bothersome.

joined Oct 22, 2018

What the hell? There haven't been any new fanarts for almost a month? Ugh... I suck at drawing (unless it's maps and countryballs we're talking about), so I'm really cursing my lack of expertise more than anyone/anything else...
Should I resort to just asking around some of my friends if they're good at drawing such stuff and if they follow YagaKimi to make a fanart for me?
thinks for a solid 5 minutes
Nah, it's probs not worth the risk...
sighs
From the depths of my soul, I'm truly sorry for bothering y'all with my half-assed horsecrap.

last edited at Mar 15, 2019 2:14PM

BV
Image Comments 15 Mar 14:07
joined Oct 22, 2018
72006574_p0

@Kaseboobdon
I expected something cursed, and while I was right, the cursed in question wasn't what I expected...

joined Oct 22, 2018

Please, all of us wanna more of this.
Also, I'm very glad I see a lot of familiar faces in this thread. [Insert smiling emoji here]

joined Oct 22, 2018

Oh, so you're also into prequel memes?
A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

Hello there.

General Kenobi!

Sleepyhead. You replied to the post that came after mine first somehow. lol

Sorry, lol.

And I'm into anything that can't escape me. Uh.... meme wise of course.

Understandable, have a great day.

joined Oct 22, 2018

I'm gunna miss this manga
time to reread it a bunch since it always feels like I'm reading it for the first time again

That said, we're waiting for last chapter... Though, the fact that the link to a tweet showing the preview of it wasn't posted by Lyendith concerns me...

joined Oct 22, 2018

I'm two day late, but... thank you all for these posts. I'm considering checking the animation out.

Do it. in Senator Palpatine's voice

Oh, so you're also into prequel memes?
A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Hi yall, I’m pretty new to the site and am an avid reader of yuri and shoujo-ai manga. I’m a femme lesbian from the West Coast. Hope we all get along

Just a heads up from something I learned from my own experience: the term shoujo-ai is almost universally used by newbies on this site. I kinda learned that the hard way. It's still fresh in my memory, since I joined this site last autumn. (Was it late September? Early October? Mid October?).
So, uhh, just giving you a heads up so you'd not get the same kind of embarrassment like I did.

joined Oct 22, 2018

I'm two day late, but... thank you all for these posts. I'm considering checking the animation out.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Yo, my fellow Polish users
Bloom Into You got published in Poland.
Studio JG takes the publishing
Go to Empik and search for "Gdy Zakwitnie w Nas Miłość"
Over.

OK... If even Poland got this, then it's surely a matter of time before the ex-Yu countries their own publication (presumably, with a translation to Serbocroatobosniomontenegrin), too.
Am I right to have my hopes up? Let's wait and see.

last edited at Mar 12, 2019 3:36AM

BV
Yuri Danshi discussion 10 Mar 16:02
joined Oct 22, 2018

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuri_danshi_ch03#33

"If you wear skirts, you're a girl".
Scotland begs to differ.

joined Oct 22, 2018

In yuri, the important thing is the mental aspects of a relationship, more so than carnal desires.
Precisely because those in yuri relationships cannot bind themselves together naturally, they truly yearn to become one...
Like the people who yearn to look exactly like those models in magazines... in the end they completely identify with each other...
If it were possible, they'd have their heart and bodies both become one.
"i am you and you are me..." Yes... almost like reflecting mirrors!

Sexual attraction between women: exist

DynastyScans forum: ACTUALLY

THANK YOU!
I'm sooo putting this in my 4th meme video!

joined Oct 22, 2018

Too bad Yuu sucks at Beisbol. Those balls didn't go anywhere near the target, even with all that form. :P
Inbefore Yuu defenders say that her wild emotions encumbered her batting skills.

Either that, or (like in my case) the Yuu defenders didn't even notice where the balls hit.
¯_(ツ)_/¯

joined Oct 22, 2018

sees author Oh, so thaaat's why the artwork looks so familiar.
Also, chaosteam's credits are, hands down, the best of any scanlation team. To kinda twist a dead meme in the same way Freezepond did: you can't change my mind.

joined Oct 22, 2018

@Nezchan

KThanks.

joined Oct 22, 2018

jealousy wheels spinning

If all your speculation were to happen, knowing Kaoru, she probably won't be charging head long into stopping that shit, but I actually think it's gonna make her break even more than she already has been... And, even though I know it'd be better if I don't have these dark thoughts, but... if your prediction about Uta trying to find a different girl to try and forget Kaoru were to happen, then it may just prove enough for Kaoru to at the very least consider suicide as an option... The suicide rate in Japan is one of the highest in the World, after all, and it's the suicide rate to homicide rate ratio in Japan is the highest (from what I remember). AS IF THE STORY ITSELF ISN'T PAINFUL ENOUGH, YOUR PREDICTIONS AND ME EXPANDING ON THEM, DESPITE FINDING THEM UNLIKELY, MADE IT EVEN WORSE.

That...turned dark real fast.

Tell me about it... I well and truly have some mental issues... Is it because I've spent late summer and early autumn watching "Happy Sugar Life" and "Alternate Future of Canada Remastered the Movie"?

joined Oct 22, 2018

They are running to each other with something important to say to each other

Is that Truck kun I hear in the distance?

At this point I really wish for Truck-kun to hit Yuu; that way the one and True Goddess Sayaka would finally get what she deserves. lolz

Last page: crying kiss scene between Touko and Sayaka "I will always remember Yuu" XDDD

I'm sure Sayaka will eventually get her happy ending as well, but I doubt it would be with Touko even if Truck-kun were to intervene here.

Ya. After all - nevar forget.

The very moment I saw the hyperlink in the post, I knew what image was in question. Coincidentally, I visited that image and its comment section yesterday.

joined Oct 22, 2018

They are running to each other with something important to say to each other

Is that Truck kun I hear in the distance?

At this point I really wish for Truck-kun to hit Yuu; that way the one and True Goddess Sayaka would finally get what she deserves. lolz

Last page: crying kiss scene between Touko and Sayaka "I will always remember Yuu" XDDD

I'm sure Sayaka will eventually get her happy ending as well, but I doubt it would be with Touko even if Truck-kun were to intervene here.

LMAO, savage.
Tho, I did grow tired of all those Truck-kun predictions.

last edited at Mar 6, 2019 9:15AM

joined Oct 22, 2018

I agree with you BV. I don't think it's going to be like "in a moment of madness and taken over by her gayness, Kaoru makes out with Uta". Nope...I think this convo in the last chapter is going to end up awkward af, Uta is going to move out and from then on, Kaoru might be the focus of the story, as she is going to be in a world of emotional confusion.

If I was the author, I would finally use one of Uta's friends for something useful: maybe have Uta try to date one of them for a while in order to forget her crush, which would send Kaoru's jealousy wheels spinning once she finds out.

Well, to be fair here, Uta's friends weren't completely useless, it's just that... their usefulness has been veeeery limited. All they were really useful for was to listen to Uta's problems (especially Kuroe), or providing stories of their own, the relevance of which is varies, but is, in all cases, pretty low indeed. And, TBH, I highly doubt that any 3 of them would really be in position to be in even a relationship of convenience (read: fake relationship) with Uta, since Kuroe and Miyabi are sort-of-kind-of-but-not-really-dating (as we all know, their relationship is ambiguous, self-defined and hard to describe), while Konatsu has become a nympho as a result of a traumatic experience that made her (emotionally) an empty shell of her former self. Though, since she's moving in with her mom, she will also change schools (it's been mentioned so), so maybe your prediction about dating another girl to try and forget Kaoru (good luck with that, lol) may be proven there? laughs for a fraction of a second It's a grey area.
Also,

jealousy wheels spinning

If all your speculation were to happen, knowing Kaoru, she probably won't be charging head long into stopping that shit, but I actually think it's gonna make her break even more than she already has been... And, even though I know it'd be better if I don't have these dark thoughts, but... if your prediction about Uta trying to find a different girl to try and forget Kaoru were to happen, then it may just prove enough for Kaoru to at the very least consider suicide as an option... The suicide rate in Japan is one of the highest in the World, after all, and it's the suicide rate to homicide rate ratio in Japan is the highest (from what I remember). AS IF THE STORY ITSELF ISN'T PAINFUL ENOUGH, YOUR PREDICTIONS AND ME EXPANDING ON THEM, DESPITE FINDING THEM UNLIKELY, MADE IT EVEN WORSE.

last edited at Mar 6, 2019 8:59AM

joined Oct 22, 2018

Jesus, not only was the first string of images killing my phone, then its quoted for good measure ffs

Welcome to the club.

joined Oct 22, 2018

@Chicken
I was squinting SO hard reading your comments.

Why?

(https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/131/351/eb6.jpg)

(The answer is "Yes".)

Lol.

last edited at Mar 7, 2019 3:08PM by Nezchan

joined Oct 22, 2018

My read of the final two pages is that the cut from one to the other was literally the kind of subtext that comics can do.

It looks at first glance like the two of them are just about to encounter each other—that if the chapter went on for a page or two more they’d run into each other on the street.

But, as @shojie07 says, the different lighting suggests that the two scenes are not quite simultaneous—broad daylight for Yuu, early evening for Touko.

But staging potential suggests that their meeting won’t be on the street but in the student council room Where It All Began. Still, Nakatani is a quite structural writer, but also subtle enough to maybe first foreshadow a stuco room meeting only to have them meet earlier.

But I suspect not, and so the running-toward-each-other-but-not-quite feel of that faux-crosscut will end up with us all back in the Tabernacle of Love/Not-Love Student Council Room for the big showdown.

That's just about how I thought of it (although, since I'm not as creative with structuring posts, I'm glad it was you who made this post, anyway).

BV
Image Comments 05 Mar 09:09
joined Oct 22, 2018
71641725_p0

^^^ OMFG, Yes! The funniest scene! It's actually thanks a video that only shows that single scene that I discovered "New Game". Been a KouxRin shipper before I even knew their names, lol.

joined Oct 22, 2018

@Chicken
I was squinting SO hard reading your comments.

Why?

Let's just summarize it thusly: IF your were trolling, and the goal of trolling is getting someone to get a negative reaction, you succeeded in ticking me off.