Forum › Posts by themusicman500

themusicman500
New Game discussion 15 Aug 02:33
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I know it's a bit hyperbolic to say on the Yuri based site, but maybe people shouldn't expect their desired ships to come true. Any hate I see on Hibake is left entirely on the lack of romantic resolution rather than the actual narrative of the story.

I loved Reina's rounded yet always dignified character from the first season, that and her relationship with Kumiko were what made me like the show. The way her "crush" was handled in the second season was silly and disrespectful. Even if someone like her did get a crush on their teacher, I couldn't accept them acting in such a childish manner for no good reason.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

@Lyendith
I'm still not convinced that Aika and Hane has a wholesome aunt/niece/sisters relationship, at least from Aika's side.

Aika is in love with Haine, that can't really be disputed. Whether she has the desire to kiss and/or have sex with her is what's kept ambiguous here.

themusicman500
Image Comments 15 Aug 01:35
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016
Dfsyinlvyaa4gv4

It could be worse, she could have feelings for one of the friends

themusicman500
Image Comments 15 Aug 01:26
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016
61339363_p0

Looks more like sucking than biting. I don't mind

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I think I missed the heyday of this discussion but I'll do my part to revive it. I'm from the SF Bay Area, currently attending vocational school and quietly hoping to represent the US in Olympic weightlifting come 2028 (assuming it's still in the Olympics by then).

Weightlifting? That's great! Good luck! Hasn't it been in the Olympics since the beginning ?

That's true, it was at the very first Olympic games, but lately there's been some controversy. Basically Russia and China refuse to drug test their athletes domestically, so they fail the IOC drug tests which in recent years have gotten really effective. The entire Russian and Chinese weightlifting teams were both banned this year, and now the IOC might ban the sport to not have to deal with the drug problem.

Chinese and Russian weightlifters are good but they just can't seem to follow the rules. It's rather sad.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

This reminds me of this one Law and Order SVU episode where

(Distressing content warning)

A woman is sexually abusing her children, under the pretense that they're "playing a game."

last edited at Aug 14, 2017 12:39AM

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Lol

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I'm having a hard time reconciling the ending with the sexual overtones that came before.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I enjoyed this, only thing was their faces looked a little clenched up in the kissing panels, gave me the impression their teeth were hitting.

last edited at Aug 12, 2017 11:56PM

themusicman500
New Game discussion 12 Aug 03:14
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

This manga isn't a romance and it's not required to have romantic relationships in it, but I see how the treatment of the "subtext" could be frustrating, even if it is ostensibly there for comedic purposes. Definitely some teasing going on IMO no matter how you slice it, even if it's not really queerbait.

Which I guess is fine if people want to read essentially the exact same thing over and over again, but I don't think they really have any place complaining about things which aren't that.

And with that in mind, it's much easier to ignore them.

People have complained about unresolved gay subtext for ages now, it doesn't mean they want to read the same story over and over, just that they feel the relationships in the story aren't being treated entirely respectfully (YMMV on the RIn and Kou dynamic).

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Glad they made up.

Now let's get to that Botan endgame

last edited at Aug 12, 2017 1:24AM

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I think I missed the heyday of this discussion but I'll do my part to revive it. I'm from the SF Bay Area, currently attending vocational school and quietly hoping to represent the US in Olympic weightlifting come 2028 (assuming it's still in the Olympics by then).

This topic might be overdone, does anyone else sometimes feel a little mixed up inside about liking manga and anime? I have certain friends that really don't approve and I'm always afraid I'm going to be judged.

themusicman500
Image Comments 11 Aug 16:51
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016
Eyecatch

Citrus has gotten a lot better now that Yuzu and Mei are in a committed relationship. Mei's behavior is still a little frustrating but the stupid stuff like Matsuri's relationship sabotage and Mei agreeing to date that other girl are thankfully over.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Cool information, thanks

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Whatever works!

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Petai is kinda shit.

Mild dirty talk - Goes straight to bed and won't even respond to her girlfriend.

Needs to study for finals - We can't talk at all not even a word for two weeks.

Like, it's trying to frame it as Gunj being possessive or selfish or rushing things but no. Petai just kinda sucks.

I don't think that's what it's being framed as exactly. Gunj for most of this series was rather scary and mean, and only recently did she decide to switch her relationship with Petai around. Basically they're both still getting adjusted to a relationship where Petai is able to say "No", and Gunj can't use bullying tactics to get what she wants, so they're both uncomfortable and acting strange.

last edited at Aug 9, 2017 3:32PM

themusicman500
15Y+ discussion 09 Aug 00:01
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

The gap is too awesome. I just.. em but i dunno SF age lol.

Do you even know SF's gender or anything else about them? Lol

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

MadoHomu is one of my top ships, but I'd like to see doujins about them emphasizing common interests and values rather than infatuation. The video game scene was a start. Come to think of it, wasn't one of Homura's tragic flaws in the series that she lost the original basis for her relationship with Madoka, and couldn't get it back?

last edited at Aug 8, 2017 2:20PM

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Mochi is going to surpass Mira as the Yuri Author Queen at this rate.

The "Queen of Yuri" is Morinaga Milk.

Thats a very peculiar way of spelling Minakata Sunao.

That's not how you say Takano Saku

You don't know how to write Ratana Satis

You mean Ooshima Tomo >8)

That's not how you spell Takemiya Jin

Dynasty commentors, I'm happy for you, I'mma let you finish, but Morishima Akiko is the greatest yuri manga-ka of all time.
OF.
ALL.
TIME.

What have I done....

Look, can we all agree that Mochi is about to surpass SOMEONE as Queen of Yuri?

Mochi takes her place among the Council of Queens.

I don't even.

Mochi IS the senate.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Looking back on it, I kind of prefer Mochi's older style.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/more_than_friends_ch01
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/more_than_friends_ch16_5#20
Feels more expressive.

It was indeed more detailed in the earlier chapters, but probably also a a lot more time-consuming. Artists often put a ton of time and effort into their early work before later settling into a simpler and more efficient style once they're off the ground.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

More like an UN-certain marriage.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

http://imgur.com/a/2nXcN

^Not for the faint of heart

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I like Mochi au Lait, but it feels like someone who specializes only in easily shareable candy is being hailed as the greatest chef.

On the other hand, if someone's thing is making candy, and they're great at it, why shouldn't they be praised above others? Should an author be evaluated on the basis of what they're not, in addition to what they are? Serious question, you might have a valid point here.

last edited at Aug 6, 2017 2:31PM

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

The good old Octave method of coping with your homosexuality...

Lol.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I don't think Kouhai is a jerk at all. She's helpful and supportive of what Senpai loves doing, and just a little teasing. She wasn't rejecting Senpai on the last page, look at the kind smile and blush she has on her face as she says "Once you can catch and dribble properly..." It was her own way of saying yes, and Senpai clearly understood.

last edited at Aug 3, 2017 11:33PM