Forum › Posts by ffins07

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

The closing flashing back is killer... OMG. I have faith in No-rae, but that sort of nostalgic imagery is potent stuff.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Gosh im anxious

this

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Thank you so much for the translation! This chapter was so cute!!

I really hope we get to see things from No-rae's since this is the arc we've all been waiting for.

+1 MILLION

This was a gear setup chapter. I fel like I'm going to be shouldering Seol-a's anxiety (on to of my own) until the next chapter (and then I really hope we catch a break).

On the up side, No-rae seemed to gave a fairly cool response to the ex (relative to the photos and dramatic, yet-to-be-unveiled reaction). On the worry-inducing side, Seol-a appears to have lost some of her resolve at the same time as No-rae be leaning a wee bit more her way.

Then again, that does set up a nice opportunity for No-rae to catch us all by surprise and make the first move. (That would be so awesome...)

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Thanks to thatanon for making a rough typeset of the "Extra Edition. Letter" chapter!

A rough typeset has been uploaded to flutteringfeelings.imgur.com (short address: bit.do/ffi).

"Extra Edition. Letter" rough typeset by thatanon
http://imgur.com/a/6COyv

Special Note:
Extra thanks to thatanon for the extra editor notes for character identification!

Reading the words with the images. This chapter really hit me. Well done, by Ssamba.

And thanks for the typeset (and upload)!!

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Extra edition trans- http://pastebin.com/K2i2P2Z7
trigger warning: convenient plot devices

Ssamba called it "extra edition" but it's not different from a normal chapter or anything

Thank you for the translation (and all the previous ones)!

My impression: This does feel like a filler chapter, and the end looks like it could be bridge into the next chapter...or the arc during which we get details of that past timeline (two years ago??) when Seol-a and No-rae's lives were running parallel (before they became friends). We'll see next week, but my guess is that if you snipped this one out that no progression of the main story would be missing.

The main content of this chapter seemed more like a nice way to close out the story with Yu-ji (which I felt was left off somewhat suddenly :?), without Seol-a going back on her word/stance. Sometimes people (in real life) choose to let people go or shove stuff behind them. And some people might see that as a "bad" choice, but it was Seol-a's choice. (That take was another kudos to Ssamba for me.)

Heh, and maybe it's also showing that Yu-ji succeeded somewhat in getting what she wanted (going by the letter). Seol-a did hurt. And her reaction was anger (though I definitely didn't sense hate).

It sounds to me like Yu-ji cared deeply for Seol-a, so much so that she was disturbed by it. And in a twisted way she took advantage of the wound she left with her words to stay in Seol-a's memory. ...or maybe she just settled with that as an excuse after cornering herself into thinking saving their relationship was futile.

I'm nowhere near convinced that Seol-a had romantic feelings for Yu-ji. Their friendship--a close friendship with another girl-was already quite a new experience for her. Maybe in time...but Seol-a just seemed so much more immature/naive/not understanding her feelings toward her female friend at that time. However, in Yu-ji's case, she seemed to having a creeping sense that her feelings went beyond some "normal" threshold and was scared.

Lastly, this seems to me the type of letter one writes without a really intention to send. Kind of like a diary entry. Let the thoughts out on paper sort of thing. I don't find the letter a convenience. It just gives additional depth to an important backstory (imo). The "Australia arc" on the other hand... >__> I'm so glad that wasn't Seol-a in present day. I just hope this is them in the air port at the same time or something (a bit of a tease). Parallel Australia visit thing was mentioned some time ago.

P.S. I'm with Seol-a. Intentional or not, Yu-ji's words were cruel. She shouldn't have said those things, in any context. She was in with the bullies. And she didn't do enough (anything) to reach out and repair. Seol-a was particularly vulnerable to that sort of evaluation (and she still was when we were introduced to her).

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Long haired No-Rae <3 oh how I've missed you.

+1

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Hello folks,

First I just want to say thank you for all of the wonderful discussions, translations, etc. This thread is an essential extension to my Fluttering Feelings experience (and not just because I can't read Korean).

It's been a while since I've looked forward to a weekly release. I absolutely love these characters and how their relationship is unfolding. I love the subtleties and how Ssamba uses change-ups in her drawing style to capture them.

I could go on and on about the things that drew me in, but, right now, as much as I'm looking forward to the future of their relationship, I'm actually missing one of the characters. No-rae.

Don't get me wrong. I love Seol-a. It's refreshing to have a female lead that appears both assertive and self-assured but actually also insecure and naive in the way real people are. The complexity of her character has certainly caught people off guard. (Just read this thread.) And it wasn't a sudden change of character or plot hole to get us -to-close to the confession. ...

That noted, it seems to me that it's been quite some time since No-rae has "lead" a chapter. She's been in chapters, but when was she not just reacting to either Jin-ho or Seol-a. Right now, it seems Ssamba's just developing Seol-a in isolation, like No-rae is the side-character love interest of the lead, Seol-a. To me, chapter 43 (the "sleepover") was the last chapter in which we got a peek at a new side of (or development in) No-rae's character and feelings. We saw a new reactions from both characters, actually.

Maybe it's the hiatuses that have distorted my perception of balance. We're only six chapters beyond that point, but it's been nearly two months since that chapter (43) was released.

We know it's going to be slow getting glimpses of No-rae's inner thoughts... That's if we have to rely on Seol-a's interactions with her, but what about a couple of panels of No-rae reflecting on her own...?? With head voice? ...Please?

P.S. I also hope the ex doesn't turn into a drama arc. With Ssamba's attention to detail to this point, there's enough material to just focus on the relationship between Seol-a and No-rae. And I'm also hoping this story is intended to follow them after the "it's official" point or whatever. :?