Forum › Posts by Seira

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

To give Sayaka a plot arc independent from Touko and Yuu.

+1

A lot of ppl say they ship Sayaka and Touko but tbh, I don't see how Touko won't hurt Sayaka just as badly, or most likely, worse.
The reason Yuu/Touko seems kinda "eeh" is cus like, it's based on something selfish/kinda fucked up isn't it? I can't see Touko loving Sayaka, but if she were to love her for more or less the same reasons she loves Yuu, it'd probs be worse, because Sayaka is pretty much head over heels for her, and is fully conscious of it. I think her feelings are like, more... prominent than what Yuu is starting to feel?
If the series had been about Sayaka and Touko, if Touko didn't reciprocate, it would have just been one of those angsty, one sided love stories and everyone would have been like (。•́︿•̀。)
If Touko somehow loved Sayaka for similar reasons and put her in the same situation of stalemate in which Sayaka can't make it known that she reciprocates, I'd say that people would be like (╯。•́︿•̀。)╯︵ ┻━┻

I feel like the main "problem" in the equation really is Touko herself. In a way, I understand her character and I see what she means, so I'm not too harsh on her, but man, it's still really feelsbad concerning those around her.
I don't think Touko could ever make Sayaka happy, in the way Sayaka wants from her. It'd be best if she could find what she's looking for, without Touko in the picture.

A friend mentioned that the trollest would be for Yuu and Sayaka to get together lmao
That makes me wonder, how Touko owuld feel, if Yuu would, and was able to love another. I wonder if she'd be jealous, heartbroken, or if she'd possibly lose interest just as easily as it was hinted she would, if Yuu were to love her. Because what she liked about Yuu, was her kindness for being unable to love, right? Even if it's not her that Yuu is "shackling", she'd still be loving someone.
It won't happen, but I'm just wondering.

The thing I don't like most about Touko is that she makes everything centered around her. She uses Yuu to "charge her batteries" and get a thrill out of this feeling of "love" that she has never been able to experience before. Touko chose Yuu because Yuu doesn't have the same expectations of Touko as everyone else does and because Yuu doesn't know how to fall in love either. Touko doesn't seem like the type that takes other people into consideration though. I mean, the way she sweet talks Sayaka in one of the earlier chapters during the presidential campaign kind of rubbed off the wrong way for me.

I agree that Touko is essentially the "obstacle" in the story. While Sayaka and Yuu are both more or less in love with Touko, it seems like Touko has her eyes set on self-improvement. In Yuu's case, one could argue that Touko is under the impression that Yuu would never fall in love with her, so it's not Touko's fault if she doesn't catch on. However, Touko doesn't really take the time to look at other people. She doesn't bother to watch Sayaka and she often does things on a whim whenever she feels like it. Although Touko insists otherwise, it almost feels like Sayaka is always chasing after her rather than standing by her side as an equal. Touko is always one step ahead of everyone else, but never bothers to look behind her.

last edited at Nov 5, 2016 6:22PM

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

While I do like Yuu x Touko, I'm not fully convinced when it comes to this pairing. I think it's adorable that Yuu is slowly starting to notice how she views Touko, but it kills me to see her have to keep her feelings locked away. Yuu is trapped in an all-give-no-take relationship where she is forced to tread carefully or risk destroying their friendship (?) entirely. Meanwhile, Touko is able to do whatever she wants freely with no strings attached. She can display her affection towards Yuu and announce her feelings towards her without worrying how it changes their dynamic.

Although I understand it was entirely Yuu's choice to let Touko do whatever she wants and to have entered this kind of unique relationship in the first place, it's really hard to blame her for what she's feeling now. All I can say right now is that Yuu is just stuck between a rock and a hard place.

But the real reason why I don't fully support Yuu x Touko (yet!) is because we don't know nearly enough about Touko. Obviously, since we've been viewing all of these events through Yuu's eyes, we know that her stance on love has gradually changed. Meanwhile, Touko's has remained the same for the most part. She's just having her fun exploring the thrill of being around the one she likes and doing whatever she wants without consequences. I can't blame Touko either because she is under the impression that Yuu is okay with anything. Basically, because I don't know whether or not Touko will change, part of me fears that Touko will never start to think differently about Yuu.

I like Yuu x Sayaka better for weird reasons though. For one, I like the idea that they don't idolize each other like how they both view Touko. I see some room for development for these two, but that would only work if Touko is unable to change the way she thinks of relationships and Yuu. Right now, Touko seems to be very focused on self-development instead of trying to understand the people around her. That kind of selfishness bothers me, even if both Yuu and Sayaka allow it.

I don't know, I'm kind of rambling now, haha.

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Yeah, this series has completely turned its focus towards Gayoon getting beat up every other chapter. I understand it's supposed to be some sort of plot device used to get Soha to realize that Gayoon is a separate entity from Happy and that she can't stand to lose her, but the whole execution has been so sloppy. Frankly, Soha could've showed up like three chapters ago and put an end to everything, but instead, Yurim just got more and more screen time. This makes me wonder if the title is actually directed towards Gayoon and Yurim rather than Soha.

Up until this point, most of this series has been about Yurim trying to bait out Soha... Oh dear, what if the title is actually referring to Yurim and Soha?

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

So am I the only one into Yuu x Sayaka? Haha.

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Yep. Again, it really only starts to develop from chapters 71 and onwards. If you want me to be really specific, chapter 79 is where it kind of gets teased. Chapters 82, 84 and 86 expands on it a little bit, and then more hints run all the way until chapters 99-100 (chapter 100 is where my old pic was from), where I believe (I can't read any Korean whatsoever) the blonde haired girl (Nam Yueun) says something akin to a confession to orange/pinkish haired girl (Go Jun, also known as Ginny), although it's not direct.

You read/looked through it all in Korean? o-o Damn, wow
I'm assuming that you've seen good non verbal hints?

With a little help from Google Translator, yes. Although the results I got were super scattered and butchered, I just kind of put it all into context. The manhwa is translated up to chapter 84 on Lezhin, though, but I skimmed the raws first.

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Seira wow your pic changed again
Could you link me to the panel/page or a screenshot of the one you had before?

Haha, yeah, I'm indecisive. The pic I have now is the other girl in this ship tease.

Oh, but here's the link: http://raws.yomanga.co/read/unstoppable_siblings/ko/0/100/page/17

Thank you! :D
So, both of your profile pics were the girls in the ship?

Yep. Again, it really only starts to develop from chapters 71 and onwards. If you want me to be really specific, chapter 79 is where it kind of gets teased. Chapters 82, 84 and 86 expands on it a little bit, and then more hints run all the way until chapters 99-100 (chapter 100 is where my old pic was from), where I believe (I can't read any Korean whatsoever) the blonde haired girl (Nam Yueun) says something akin to a confession to orange/pinkish haired girl (Go Jun, also known as Ginny), although it's not direct.

last edited at Nov 3, 2016 4:20PM

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Seira wow your pic changed again
Could you link me to the panel/page or a screenshot of the one you had before?

Haha, yeah, I'm indecisive. The pic I have now is the other girl in this ship tease.

Oh, but here's the link: http://raws.yomanga.co/read/unstoppable_siblings/ko/0/100/page/17

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Seira what's your pic from? It looks potentially familiar to me but I have no idea where it's from

It's from a manhwa called "My Secret Brother", which is available on Lezhin and is still ongoing.

I don't speak a lick of Korean, but the series is mostly het. Though from chapters 71 and onwards, there's kind of a yuri ship tease, so I've been really rolling with it, haha.

EDIT: I should clarify that the pairing in question are actually side characters that are not so heavily involved in the main story after chapter 71... so no, they don't get in the way of the het couple and vice versa.

last edited at Nov 3, 2016 2:16AM

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

This really fucked me up, I only realised what was wrong after saying the words out loud

I read it out loud and couldn't understand why I was stumbling over the words.

I read it again and finally realized it.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

College degree plan? I need me one of those.

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

After reading this series and Pito's other work, My Joy, I just stopped expecting much from author. To be honest, I was enjoying Her Pet all the way up until the recent chapters. But Yurim's back for like, what, the third time? I feel like I've seen enough of her by now. After seeing her flashbacks, I expected her to mellow out even just by a little bit, but looks like she came back even crazier. It's like revenge fuels her very existence.

last edited at Nov 3, 2016 1:00AM

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I hate this series so much it's terrible but I've invested too much time and money into it to drop it.

You used coins to read this on lezhen? Smh.

Try to search any lezhen manga on google writing the name along with 'u/yuri'. You will find at 6 or 7 thread with link to free chapters

Hey now.

While I'm thankful for the free chapters being uploaded like this, there's nothing wrong with dropping a few coins on Lezhin to support the author/the manhwa market.

That being said, the user must've thought this was a great manga to read in the beginning and then gradually their impressions changed... now it's too late to turn back. :(

Seira
Image Comments 03 Sep 20:13
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014
Itbegins

This ship is meant to be the Sunshine!! version of NicoMaki, honestly. And I believe NicoMaki came about before the anime even aired - actually, think way back to when the Mogyutto "love" de Sekkin Chuu! PV first came out (which is when I started to ship them as well), so it wasn't based off of the few interactions they had in the anime. I think the creators caught onto that and added a bit more fuel for the ship in the second season though. If I remember correctly, the old PVs were also how the EriUmi pairing came to be as well.

Nico's popularity... I don't understand it very well myself. I suppose it's because of how eccentric her character is (stalking, tsundere, trying to act more superior than she actually is, but she is also quite dedicated, kind and caring underneath).

last edited at Sep 3, 2016 8:14PM

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I ship Yuu x Sayaka... But one can only dream. ._.

Glad I'm not the only one.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Hey, where can I buy the sequels? I assume that you know how to read Japanese cause I heard there aren't any translations available.

I usually buy my games off of Amazon.co.jp, although the shipping rates are a nightmare considering I live in Canada. I think the second game is well worth the purchase though. Erika's sharp tongue and Chidori's serious, yet socially inept nature go hand-in-hand with each other. Although the first game was mostly focused on Suou and how she is influenced by her surroundings, the second game primarily focuses on the relationship between Erika and Chidori and how they ease into the roles of being Ametiés.

The second game is a lot more laidback and gives off quite a different feeling from the first, but I personally don't think that's a bad thing... and more Erika never hurts.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Never got around to playing this game (even without translations) despite going through the second game first (I was shamelessly enticed by Chidori's character design and seiyuu), but with Aki-hen having been recently released, I figured now was a good time as ever to pick up this game.

When I started playing the second game, I already knew about Mayuri's disappearance, despite not having played the first game. Therefore, when I picked this game up, I felt like I already knew what to expect... but it was surprisingly more heart wrenching than I thought. Despite hating Mayuri's seiyuu in the beginning, I slowly grew to like her. Now she has become my favorite character along with Chidori.

Anyhow, I really enjoyed this game. So many things about this game make it easily one of my favorites, such as the writing style, references to literature, beautifully composed soundtrack, aesthetically appealing artwork, incredibly detailed characters and finally, I really love how everything was woven together so well. Although the mysteries were tacky in that they would typically play out in the same way every time, I thought it made the game all the more interesting (and especially since Innocent Grey seems to have a knack for incorporating mystery-genre elements into their games).

What I liked the most about the game was definitely the character development of Shirahane Suou. I found her character especially relatable, since I was practically the same as her when it came to social situations. It really impressed me how subtle her changes took place throughout the game. Little by little, the cowardly, ever-so-paranoid and always self-doubting Shirahane Suou took a couple steps closer towards something she originally thought was unattainable for her and closed the gap that separated her from her much-admired Amitié, Kousaka Mayuri. Although I started the game completely uninterested in the main character that reminded me much of myself, I finished it feeling nothing but compassion for Suou. I'm glad that the game revolved around her - a girl who deserves nothing but happiness and friendship.

As for the character of Kousaka Mayuri... I didn't have the best first impression about her, but I thought it was super interesting how relaxed and calm I felt towards her character. Like Suou, I quickly came to recognize the things she admired within Mayuri. She was sociable, humorous, honest, straightforward with her thoughts and highly respectable. On the outside, she seemed like the perfect girl who was easy to get along with, much like the protagonists that Suou admires from her books. But it took me halfway into the game to realize that even someone as unreachable as her was still, at the end of the day, just an ordinary schoolgirl. In my opinion, her character was beautifully written. Strong, but gentle and reliable, you could depend on a loyal friend like her for any occasion. However, she is not without fault, and it really shows in the later parts of the novel. As a random note, how she acted towards Suou after realizing her feelings for her was super adorable... and Rikka even noticed it immediately.

Overall, to me, the game was very enjoyable. Suou, Mayuri and Rikka were very interesting characters and very much so worth learning about. Given that the whole game was basically about Suou and how her surroundings have influenced her, I definitely love how it was played out. There were very few things that left a sour taste in my mouth, (one of these things being Mayuri's sudden disappearance... oh and I felt like I was sucker-punched right in the gut by Innocent Grey when I saw the ai ai gasa and expected what was to come) so I'm very pleased with the game.

It's time for me to replay the second game and then move onto the third. I'm super hyped for the final game in the series, but since 2017 is still so far away, it seems I will have to rely on these three games to keep me busy for a while.

Seira
Kase-san discussion 23 Aug 23:08
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I feel like Inoue and Kase never dated, but Inoue seems fishy as hell.

Never forget that even roses have thorns.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I honestly don't know what to interpret from this game based on everyone's comments and randomly clicking the spoiler tags o_O I was pretty psyched about it just on the art alone since it had the right polished shoujo style I've been waiting for in a yuri game. I'm a bit conflicted in wanting to know what to expect yet trying not to spoil the entire game outright. Am I right in interpreting the game has many dark twisted bad endings and the happy endings are... normal?

Yep, basically. I'd still give it a playthrough though. :P

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Screw it.

I'm all for Horang x Gayoon ( ´ ▽ ` )

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

My personal favorite is Sasameki Koto. :P

Seira
Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Somehow, Mimika's side ponytail and silliness reminds me of Nanakorobi Nene from Koukaku no Pandora.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I think a "story route" or true route would've been nice. By that, I mean something that reveals the whole truth of everyone's time at Haizawa... and the current status of the people that used to work at the facility, amongst other things. Something that actually tells a story rather than solely building relationships based on the past, I guess! So many concepts were thrown at us, but they were not utilized in the story - only referenced.

I think the story aspect in Itsuki's route had so much potential, but they missed out. This VN was a lot shorter than I thought and so many parts could've been fleshed out or expanded upon in my opinion.

It was still really fun to play through though.

But I agree that I really like Kyouko, but again, her character and back story could've really used more work. We roughly know what she's like, but I don't feel like it was nearly enough. Also, with Sakuya being reborn was... a little weird. I feel like, despite it being bittersweet, I would've preferred to see Asuka and Kyouko work out their kinks over time.

last edited at Jul 14, 2016 6:57AM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Anyone know who Asuka's Seiyuu is? She sounds very familiar...

Asakura Azumi.

Some roles of hers from the top of my head include: Inukai Isuke in Akuma no Riddle, Hagiwara Yukiho from Idolm@sters, Shokuhou Misaki from Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S, Asia from Highschool DxD, Tsuyuri Kumin from Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!, Tobisawa Misaki from Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm (or whatever it was called) and Shiina Mayu from the Lilycle Drama CD series (and the Lilycle game).

She has a LOOT of other roles too. Her voice can be rather annoying (see: Kumin or Asia), but it can also be really calming and mature (see: Misaki x2, Mayu, Isuke).

I believe she also does eroge or lots of VNs in general, but I don't really remember.

last edited at Jul 13, 2016 4:01PM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Okaaay, just finished Itsuki's routes as well.

As a side note, I've always secretly shipped Nao x Sakuya for some reason. I'm happy that the game put some implications of Nao x Itsuki when Asuka went for Sakuya/Kyoko and Nao x Sakuya when Asuka went for Itsuki. At least our beloved Nao doesn't have to end up alone!

Most of my questions were cleared up, so that's good. Looks like the last ending I have to tackle is the After School Ending.

This game is pretty good, but a little on the short side (6 hours for me). I don't regret throwing almost $40 CAD at it, though.

My thoughts after clearing it (without the After School Ending):

• Nao is still best girl, obviously.
  • Hooooooooly crap, Nao's bad ending is dark, but Itsuki's is on a whole other level. You know, about "becoming one" and all... and how Asuka's was eating "Itsuki's stew" even though Asuka was the one who cooked it and that she was "running out of ingredients." Ohhhh deaaaar...
  • Loved the game, even though I didn't think I would in the beginning.
  • Would definitely recommend this route order: Kaede (she can either go first or last, I think) > Nao > Sakuya > Itsuki. It helps story wise.
  • The bad ends are worth the read... I think... but they are really dark.
  • I also love that Asakura Azumi even made a note of the uh, stew. Seems like she found it incredibly amusing, haha.
  • After replaying part of Nao's route, it seems Kyouko was the one who fought with Nao in the hallway. Now I'm afraid I might have missed a lot of things.

last edited at Jul 14, 2016 3:42AM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Yeah, I understand that Sakuya's been away from Asuka for years, but I think the kiss proves that she isn't really over her. I agree that she chose Itsuki in the end of Nao's route just to avoid complications, especially since Asuka said she wasn't interested in pursuing her feelings of the past, but I think Sakuya left primarily out of consideration and not because she had moved on. HOWEVER, we'll get to delve deeper into this in Sakuya's route, so we'll see!

Hmm, I still think that scene is very shady. It's almost inconceivable as to how Nao did a full 180 from her "bad girl" days, so I agree that when she expressed her desire to kill in that scene, it was her reverting back to her old self. However, I don't think she was referring to the people who kept her out, but it's open to interpretation. I thought she was referring to Itsuki or Sakuya since they were beginning to interfere. Or she could have been talking about the person who supplied her the medicine or the person who kept calling her up.

One thing that I think is particularly scary is that Nao might have actually killed someone before. Maybe she was the one who burned the institute down? Who knows, I haven't played the other routes yet. But Nao could easily have wiped other people's memories... though I think this theory of mine is a little farfetched, so I'll stop talking about it, haha.

I figured the stabbing was real, but I just wonder who did it. I think Itsuki has a big heart and wouldn't have stabbed Asuka out of irrationality. I wouldn't think Nao did it either, so the person I'm suspecting is Sakuya. Nao and Sakuya had a lot of tension between them, especially in the hallway scene after Sakuya borrowed Nao's notes. But still, I don't know. Part of me believes Itsuki isn't the stabby-stabby type, especially without reason.

Casually replaying part of Nao's route and I just realized (since I'm forgetful and I played this at 6 am when I should've been sleeping, OOPS) that Nao was planning to do something to Itsuki on the rooftop had Asuka not followed her. So she might just have a killing intent in her, hmm.

Also just played the bad end and wow, that is... really disturbing.

It also seems like there are 6 message cards when there are only 5 characters. What's up with that, I wonder.

Playing through Sakuya's route right now and just got to the scene where Itsuki brings the proof of the research facility 6 months after the USB stick incident. Looks like Sakuya had a twin sister named Kyoko. Original theory was incorrect, so deleted it.

This game is a lot... weirder than I thought it would be.

Just finished Sakuya's route. Pretty weird, but I enjoyed it. Her bad ending was disturbing, but ... nothing compared to Nao's. Nao's bad end just sends all sorts of chills down my back.

Kyoko + Sakuya + Asuka OT3 man.

last edited at Jul 12, 2016 8:46PM