Forum › Posts by b58

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

That would be a very easy way for existing readers to lose track of new releases :P

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Seems like Tatsubon was craving for some hardboiled action again

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

"I'm leaving, don't do anything weird"
... followed immediately by very much doing that

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

There is a (somewhat lower quality) scanlation on Mangadex of ch10 right now and it's time for more talking lmao

b58
Hitwomen discussion 16 Sep 18:06
Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

That was alright, but the action scenes are incomprehensibly drawn. No idea how the car scene actually played out :P

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

It's increasingly looking like Melt and Kyouka are reaching a point where they're going to oppose X (if only for Moe). The only real wildcard is Cool Down... I'm beginning to suspect that she's just "playing the fool" to ensure X doesn't view her as a threat. And now, she's finally making her move...?

Or, considering what kind of story is this, maybe she just likes X :P

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Is it just me or does the bottom left panel of the first page look like some kinda alien/insect? >.>
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/tadokoro_san_web_comic_ch103

I can see it

ayyy lmao

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Suspects there's somebody in the room. Doesn't check the most obvious hiding place. Ok.

And then talks to himself in an empty room, announcing that he's taking a breather :P

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I'm not sure I understand that leap in logic at the end of chapter 8. What do I want for her, and I need to move house? As in move in with akebi or move out?

Not sure we're supposed to understand it yet, this author really really loves these little cliffhangers at the end of the chapter. (But other commenters already pointed out it could be something along the lines of "Akebi will be safer without the weird men magnet living with her").

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

what the fuck is this plot lmao

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I just did a quick archive skim, was it meant to be understood that Ruri is a succubus before chapter 12? Didn't see anything overtly saying before, but that line on page 10 seems to be saying as much.

It could be that she's just talking about her own situation since the topic was Sera. So when Sera is saying "Such is life for all succubi" she could've been just reacting to the statement that she had it rough too.

I interpreted it that way on the first read too, e.g. I thought this was just a statement about Sera :P

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Ise and shima reminds me of an article I discovered while researching relationship anarchism : the idea that we only have to be to each other what we both want to be, society be damned. The article talked about two women who were platonic wives, they cooked cleaned and lived together but their sexualities didn’t match. To me this is even more beautiful than finding “the one” it’s finding “the many” building all sorts of lives with all sorts of people. So thank you tokuwo tsumu sensei for making something that transcends even yuri.

While I don't necessarily mind that they didn't put a label on it, ... lack of one is almost what separated them in this chapter :P The label clearly mattered to them enough that Shima was fully ready to accept the separation ("we're not family, we're not dating, I have no right to stop you"), and this was only saved by the benevolent author.

I suppose I didn't say the most important thing - despite all that, I really liked the story, and I wish there was more of it.

last edited at Sep 1, 2021 7:47AM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

After all of this I have a really strong suspicion that this isn't yuri only because the magazine didn't want it or something of the sort :P The author enjoyed this too much to leave it at subtext of their own will. Even the afterword considers the possibility of their relationship changing (which in effect wouldn't change anything)...

last edited at Sep 1, 2021 5:27AM

b58
Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I first thought from the hair color that it was Taniguchi on page 2 second panel, shown at the moment of realization from Chika's casual question that for three years she'd only thought Saki was into her when in fact Saki gives off that air to everyone. That would've been funnier tbh.

Honestly, I made this mistake as well, except I just thought that was a nonsensical reaction and shrugged it off :P Didn't realize this is not the right character until I read your comment.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

As to why Fuuka's past relationshops might have failed - in addition to the more obvious reasons that were already posted, Fuuka just comes of as an incredibly annoying character :P But maybe I just personally hate this teasing type of personality.

Hell, after Fuuka's first appearance I was convinced that Subaru hates her too... although following chapters made it more obvious they're fairly friendly with each other in their own way, but I think that's probably it. Although we did have this scene:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/crescent_moon_and_doughnuts_ch11#17
...but I consider this just a wink for the audience from the creator (who for sure knew this will be a topic of discussion).

... speaking of which, this comment section is now all about Fuuka and Subaru for some reason... maybe because by now it's quite obvious what's the deal about Hinako and Asahi :P

last edited at Aug 29, 2021 5:29PM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

well shit guess we'll never know what Pinkie's deal is now

I have little hope of finding out regardless :P

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Not to rain on everyone's parade, but I kinda fail to see why should we get any progress after 80-something chapters, when they both behave pretty much the same way as in the first ones :P The series is like 100% innuendos and I bet it will stay that way until the end.

Unlucky to have posted this right before this chapter dropped with that last page.

I'm not too sad about potentially being wrong :P

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Not to rain on everyone's parade, but I kinda fail to see why should we get any progress after 80-something chapters, when they both behave pretty much the same way as in the first ones :P The series is like 100% innuendos and I bet it will stay that way until the end.

last edited at Aug 19, 2021 5:47PM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I mean who knows, this might be a new addition to our voyeur fanclub.

I just imagined all the other secondary characters from the series peeking out that door and it's a hilarious thought

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Tourists may never come here, but there's over thirty wives to go, I wonder if they thought that through

last edited at Aug 17, 2021 1:57PM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

It's weird how the more men appear in this story, the more yuri it feels

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

The dialogues get increasingly confusing, the characters seem to imply some sort of parallel beetwen that scene from Tachibana's book and their situation but I just have no idea what the fuck is going on... how the hell did this simple premise turned into something so complicated? I literally have no idea what the hell are they going on about sometimes, and pink girl's motivations are a mystery as always.

edit: and yeah Tachibana is the only character in this with obvious motivations I think :P

last edited at Aug 14, 2021 9:05AM

b58
Stretch discussion 12 Aug 14:49
Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I just read this for the first time and it was fun while it lasted... but rather than being mad at the ending I'm mostly confused... why did they move, actually? I was half expecting that Keiko reconciled with her ex-boyfriend or whatever, that would actually make some sense even if people wouldn't like it... but the author took time to explicitly show that this wasn't the case, so I'm absolutely clueless why would they both move if they both said they wish they stayed together longer.

Did I miss something at the end, am I just stupid?

last edited at Aug 12, 2021 2:49PM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I skipped this at first because of the dumb title but in hindsight I should have known better that these English titles of Japanese works are just nonsense sometimes :P

... anyway, I also enjoyed this a lot... but I was also confused as all hell about the "names" they kept referring to. I saw the explanation in the comments but I think it's a bit silly that translation team left that as it is... it's basically leaving a random untranslated word in there for no reason.
(Unless the reason is lack of space, some of these text boxes sure looked tight :P)

last edited at Aug 12, 2021 6:31AM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I'm not understanding the direction of the story, I just hope it doesn't jump from one drama to another :(

Neither do I, but maybe that's good? Anything could happen, kinda exciting.