Forum › Posts by BeanBeanKingdom

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I was kinda sorta hoping the anime would give her a name since they sometimes do that with unnamed characters for anime adaptations, but surely enough, she's still only credited as "Shimamura's sister". It doesn't really bother me, but I've become curious.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

^
She drew a new piece to celebrate the airing of the anime, you can find it here on dynasty.

By the way, I can't believe we now know the names of not only Shimamura's mom, but even Adachi's, and yet Shimamura's sister remains unnamed. And the author has the gall to have Shimamura say that Shou doesn't sound anywhere close to her name, heh.

last edited at Oct 21, 2020 4:02PM

BeanBeanKingdom
Image Comments 19 Oct 21:09
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018
Ekdpenku4aaqdvi-orig

This fulfills the "Assault Lily" part, where's the bouquet?

BeanBeanKingdom
Image Comments 19 Oct 20:21
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018
84927288_p1

Really cute style.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Yeah, so far it's felt kinda like a prologue, now it's getting more interesting. I only hope there's no pointless love triangle drama with Yori and Himari now that they're already a couple, surely there can be better ways to involve Himari in the band plot.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

This is now a band spokon, can't wait for the hot-blooded training scenes.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Inevitable speculation time: the main event of volumes 2 and 3 specifically was the summer festival where they watched the fireworks and Konatsu felt hurt for the first time by being unable to fully understand and communicate with Koyuki. I think there will be a callback to it during this sleepover while they're lighting up the fireworks Kaede brought them and this time they realize they have a deeper understanding of each other, maybe Koyuki even goes back and rethinks her botched answer about their first meeting (https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nettaigyo_wa_yuki_ni_kogareru_ch09#15).

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Good news, everyone!

48-page chapter this month: https://twitter.com/haginomakoto/status/1317683057688629249

And since Hagino posted a drawing of the frog and salamander plushies in the tweet, it appears the speculation about the drawer was correct so tififs, you can give yourself a pat on your back.

last edited at Oct 18, 2020 4:05PM

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

The anime has been really nice so far, it's great to hear Adachi's scrambled thoughts. And Christ almighty at the dress she has Shimamura wear in her dream.

last edited at Oct 15, 2020 8:19PM

BeanBeanKingdom
Image Comments 12 Oct 20:42
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018
Ejugholuyaaaclq-orig

Wow, this looks very nice! And Adachi is just as clingy as I expect her to be.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

There are generally only three or four full-lenght chapters per volume, the others are short interludes, so you won't take too long to catch up. Have fun and feel free to comment as you read along.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I meant both you and sneik of course. Surely he'll be itching to translate more.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

You find another yuri LN series to work on?

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Haha, yeah, Yuu clearly just lets senpai give her tongue for five minutes straight just to be nice, she's not into it at all.

BeanBeanKingdom
Image Comments 10 Oct 07:20
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018
Eje4v_5vkaa7w5h-orig

Iruma wrote the Sayaka novels so it makes sense for Nakatani to return the favor.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Maybe Adachi only became shy because she started to notice feelings. But I don’t remember what chapter that was. It was before the bowling, though.

Her behavior around Shimamura begins to change around the time she has a dream where she kisses her, which happens next episode according to the preview.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Shimamura is quite rude for not bothering to remember Pancho's real name even after that eye-opening conversation.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Congrats, sneikkimies and shades! You did everyone a great service, I can't thank you enough.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Just watched the first episode, I really like the artstyle, the lighting and colors and the voice acting for both Shimamura and Adachi. The animation itself is nothing special, but it's mostly a series made of characters talking anyway. I remain convinced any adaptation will inevitably lose a lot of the charm of the novels due to the heavily reduced focus on internal monologues, but the anime certainly seems better than both manga series so far.

last edited at Oct 8, 2020 2:33PM

BeanBeanKingdom
Image Comments 05 Oct 20:46
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018
Ejeyog4voaak_2m-orig

Gloria: the only trainer cool enough to be allowed to take down a Charizard in an official animation.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Finally got around to reading the last couple chapters, I was kinda waiting for the anime to start before doing so but I had some time to kill. Were they not put up on here because the series got licensed?

The conversation between Shimamura and Pancho was great, I'd say that compared to the usual pacing of the series it kinda felt like things went from zero to one hundred very quickly even though it was fairly natural for the latter to have noticed.

I once found myself into fog just as thick as Adachi and Shimamura on the second day of the trip, those descriptions are not an exaggeration. People right next to you become hazy silhouettes you can hardly make out.

Kinda bummed the future trip got skipped over as much sense as it makes since it wasn't meant to take over the current timeline. I'm looking forward to when the series actually gets there thirty years from now! In the meantime, I happened to have read a yuri VN where the main characters also go on a trip to San Francisco by plane so I'll pretend it was similar to that.

BeanBeanKingdom
Image Comments 02 Oct 21:11
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018
84733703_p0

This was the icing on the cake on possibly the best two and a half minutes of Pokémon content ever.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

@Palmfire: By the way, since I noticed you posted this both here and on mangadex, chapter 24 doesn't have scenes at Koyuki's house. I'm pretty sure the first time her room is drawn extensively enough to show the desk is in chapter 12, and the drawer is already there: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nettaigyo_wa_yuki_ni_kogareru_ch12#49 Then in chapter 18 it's shown to be right under where she put the frog: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nettaigyo_wa_yuki_ni_kogareru_ch18#16 If it happened to be missing a few chapters ago, the author just forgot to draw it, but it's not a new addition just for whatever Koyuki wanted to hide now.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Can't think of what else it would be, she has already turned in her questionnaire for her future career and Konatsu and Kaede already know she's leaving anyway. Anything else would probably be something that hasn't been seen before.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Its probably just the frog

Right, she bought it together with the salamander while on her field trip the previous year with the intention of giving Konatsu the frog (https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nettaigyo_wa_yuki_ni_kogareru_ch15#24) but she was too embarassed and just gave her the salamander instead since it wouldn't have as many implications. Then Kaede noticed the frog sitting on Koyuki's desk when she visited her room (https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nettaigyo_wa_yuki_ni_kogareru_ch18#14 and the next two pages) and now it looks like Koyuki stuffed it into the desk drawer so that Konatsu won't see it upon going to her room, but I expect Kaede to ask where she put it not knowing its real meaning so the cat will be out of the bag.