Forum › Posts by DC3

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

I'm not usually against subtext, so my main problem with Hibike wasn't that it was "bait", but that it was bait AND switch

This. that's the worst kind of subtext. Kumiko barely gave any fuck about Shuuichi throughout the anime and now she's head over heels for him? that's some serious levels of forced romance crap. I don't blame the author tho, I blame KyoAni for attempting to create the shittiest yuri subtext ever.

DC3
Anime season 02 May 19:25
joined Jan 7, 2018

I TOTALLY didn't expect that LGBT representation in Carole and Tuesday. it was a nice little add. Gus's ex wife was such a damn good character.

is this what I think it is?
for those who didn't notice, I believe this is a reference to the old-but-gold gay song All The Things She Said by t.A.T.u this show is a gold mine of references and that adds to it's charm.

Because of Tuesday's comments on the anime official instagram website about how she calls Roddy cute in every pic of him, I'm worried they might be foreshadowing them becoming a couple. it might not be in a romantic sense the way she's calling him cute, since she didn't give a single fuck about him in the anime and just found him to be a funny guy, and based on her dialogue it seems that she's into cool people. I think that his character is played for laughs but who knows he might get a huge development between him and Tuesday. hopefully not tho.. and suprisingly, it's not because I want yuri to happen between the main lead. for real tho, they didn't give ANY yuri hints between Carole and Tuesday, they just seem to be your typical goofy best buds, and because of that, I'm hesitated to ship them together.

last edited at May 2, 2019 8:04PM

joined Jan 7, 2018

I swear this manga is gonna kill me with cuteness at some point.

joined Jan 7, 2018

Adachi is so cuuuute <3 can't wait to see Shimamura also falling in love with her.

joined Jan 7, 2018

middle school Hinata with the same hair style as the elementary school one looks ridiculous tbh lol

joined Jan 7, 2018

so it's like this:
"u gay"
"no u"
huh?

"we both gay"

DC3
Image Comments 02 Apr 15:59
joined Jan 7, 2018
Whisper

"yo mama gay"

joined Jan 7, 2018

Zexalfan posted:

Maybe I am just trying to not face the reallity but is this really the same as what happen in euphonium and amanchu?
I mean what happened in those seems way worse

Not at all, not even close

Did the authors of Euphonium and Amanchu have any yuri background like Hagino does?

IKR! it hurts way more pulling a "friendship/skinship between girls" from a yuri author.

That's exactly the opposite of what I'm thinking. It's reassuring if anything - I can't imagine a known yuri author voluntarily going Amanchu.

​I understand that what Amanchu author pulled is waaaay worse than this. that said, what Makoto Hagino did is still as bad as Hibike. "just gals being pals"..and it still hurts way more than Hibike considering that Makoto is a yuri author herself. I mean, we totally had faith in you goddamnit ;-;

joined Jan 7, 2018

Zexalfan posted:

Maybe I am just trying to not face the reallity but is this really the same as what happen in euphonium and amanchu?
I mean what happened in those seems way worse

Not at all, not even close

Did the authors of Euphonium and Amanchu have any yuri background like Hagino does?

IKR! it hurts way more pulling a "friendship/skinship between girls" from a yuri author. Makoto Hagino is clearly a yuri fan and she's not fooling anyone. she flooded her story with yuri interactions that cannot be called subtext anymore. heck even her covers are so gay if any normie saw it they will say it's a lesbian romance story. if she really didn't plan to write a yuri romance story from the beginning, why did she put all those yuri elements into her story? beats me.

welp, guess I'll stop following this manga and maybe I'll read it when it's finished to see how their "friendship" settles. I'm actually not one of those "no gay no deal" people, but she clearly wasted a great romance story potential with fantastic and well developed characters. the two main girls' chemistry is what kept me commited to reading this story every chapter release.

last edited at Mar 31, 2019 10:20AM

DC3
Anime season 24 Mar 15:38
joined Jan 7, 2018

Anything interesting to look forward to in the spring season?

in terms of yuri, sadly, nope.

joined Jan 7, 2018

"she thoughtlessly holds my hand while we're walking like we're a couple"
whoo!! hold on there! you still SUSPECT she's a lesbo? obviously both of you are a bunch of hopeless lesbos. lol seriously those collabs are entertaining. I wonder what IRL circumstances lead to this unusual collab?? I checked Majoccoid in nhentai they seem to only do het. hope to see more of these interesting collabs tho.

DC3
Series to read 22 Mar 10:06
joined Jan 7, 2018

you could check my lists if you want. hope they would be suitable for your tastes though.

last edited at Mar 22, 2019 10:07AM

DC3
joined Jan 7, 2018

Personally, I'd like to see a story where two girls compete over the same guy, but they have so many interactions(for example, rivalry about who's more charming/actually are friends but keep arguing..etc) that lead them to fall in love with each other and forget about the guy. I know it sounds simple and clichè but I have never seen a work that contains this premise.

last edited at Mar 21, 2019 12:18PM

DC3
Image Comments 20 Mar 07:26
joined Jan 7, 2018
Dtewpvoucaae10t-orig

^I believe this ship recieved significant damage due to the reveal of the relationship between Kotaro and Sakura.

DC3
Image Comments 20 Mar 07:22
joined Jan 7, 2018
D0ffec5ucaapxdz-orig

^^even if the premise seems simple and cliche, you can't deny this manga is comedy gold. I think Chiaki already stated that Harumi's boobs is special for her and I believe the ending will be about Chiaki realizing her love towards Harumi rather than just loving her boobs.

DC3
joined Jan 7, 2018

such a bittersweet story. now that's how you do a love-triangle story, no unnecessary drama. totally felt sad for the blackhead. also, she's SMOKING HOT hands down.

joined Jan 7, 2018

I guess this is one of those chill and relaxing manga about cute friends discovering love. those kinds of stories are enjoyable but god, don't they drag on for too long. could someone give me a link for raws of the manga?

last edited at Mar 18, 2019 4:13AM

joined Jan 7, 2018

when she was blunt about her cursh I was like "great manga!" and then it was just in her head I was like "of course!" -.-

joined Jan 7, 2018

kind of confusing, were they a couple or just fuck buddies? if it was the former, then the tomboy is the scum of earth for cheating and not communicating with her girlfriend. If it was the latter, then it's not cheating, and it's safe to say that even Kyouko was doing it with other guys and she's the one who's at fault for not confessing. I do believe it was the latter, going by the way the tomboy was pretty casual and not surprised by the rumors and the way she talked with the het plot device. so I don't understand why the rage in the comments? if they were fuck buddies then the tomboy has the right to call their relationship off and find another person. maybe I didn't see it, but what part in the story indicated that they were a couple? or are people here so naive they just want to see yuri happens without understanding the story first?

joined Jan 7, 2018

no authors can compare with Arata Iri's gold and unique comedy.

last edited at Mar 16, 2019 11:51AM

joined Jan 7, 2018

I mean it's kind of an unusual pick, why this and not Girlfriends? or any of the popular currently running manga like Sekai de Oppai or Hanigare? anyway, it's not like we get to decide I'm not even complaining more yuri is always welcome :D

last edited at Mar 16, 2019 8:20AM

joined Jan 7, 2018

can you tell me what's the name of the netorare doujin you have read?

joined Jan 7, 2018

oh god I remember shipping those two when I was a kid before knowing what yuri even was. even though I'm a straight male I've always shipped female characters together since the very beginning and never cared about dat waifu shit lol.

joined Jan 7, 2018

cyute

DC3
Citrus + discussion 19 Feb 13:49
joined Jan 7, 2018

plz no drama. pulling a "Harumin had feelings for Yuzu" is unnecessary drama. maybe I'm annoyed because that might sink my Harumatsuri ship lol.

last edited at Feb 19, 2019 1:50PM