Forum › Posts by Yuki Kitsune

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I'll admit, it's taken a while but this series has grown on me. Which...seems apt.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Just curious if anyone knows... When I looked up this mangaka on Baka-Updates, it listed them as female, and the website profile I found also lists them as female, so I'm going with that. But this page of Wife and Wife implies that Minamoto-san is a man. Mistranslation, ambiguous original phrasing, or did the mangaka's gender change in the meanwhile?

Yuki Kitsune
Cutie Beast discussion 17 Jun 03:14
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

There is something exceedingly uncomfortable about seeing the tags Comedy and Rape in the same story.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I don't think this chapter got continued and it's from 2 years ago.

Chapter before that was from 5 years ago, so I'm willing to hold out hope.

Well even if so - it's very nice to visit with old friends once more and see how they are doing.

Very nice indeed. The frustrations of my work day are falling away.

Truly. It's like Santa just knew how lousy my day was. Thank you!

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Oh, flapraggle. The whole "A, B, C" thing took way too long to click.

Yuki Kitsune
15Y+ discussion 29 May 22:06
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

"Passed" not "Past."

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

As much as I would love to see Uta with Kaoru, I can't deny I'd feel a little bad for the brother when he's done nothing wrong and genuinely cares for both his sister and wife. I also don't know if I'd be happy if they tried to throw in some drama where the brother did something terrible like cheating to get the main characters together, because that would feel like the cheap and "easy" way out with little satisfaction tbh. What I wouldn't mind seeing is if Kaoru actually fell in love with Uta, and fighting with her own emotions or something. Still, regardless of the route the author decides to go, I'm excited to read it to the end.

IDK, Brother's tepid feelings toward his wife (especially when imouto is near) makes me wonder if he's not well aware of her feelings ... and has been for some time. I half expect to see him dealing with his conflicted emotions toward the two of them.

Yuki Kitsune
Lily Love discussion 28 May 11:01
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Gee, that airport looks familiar. Just got back from two weeks in Thailand. Now I need to reread the series to see how many new things I can pick out.

Yuki Kitsune
Fragtime discussion 28 May 10:08
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Just read the chap 0 and realize that the last page of chap 0 and the las page of the final chap are the same but with a different meaning.

Nice catch!!! That little details are soooooo awesome I love them!!!!

Thanks for uploading the prequel. I love it when a story is brought to full circle like that; makes it feel so satisfyingly complete.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/shiori_experience_jimi_na_watashi_to_hen_na_oji_san_ch20#17

Beat, beat, beat, beat, beat ... BEAT!

I was totally confused by the mom's reaction and had to reread it, then I lost it. Now my whole family's giving me weird looks. Guess I ... missed a beat. ;-)

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

How could a parent hurt their child when they come out to them? I can never understand such cruelty.

Tell me about it. I mean, coming out as gay or trans is no easy thing. My kid ended up in counseling for a while, just trying to figure themselves out, never mind how to explain it to others. But now they feel guilty complaining about any little difficulties they face just because they've met so many people--through the counselors' group sessions and other organizations they've gotten involved in--who are in so much worse situations... homeless, disowned, beaten, abused in the name of religion...the list goes on. Breaks my heart sometimes.

Of course, explaining the surgery to the grandparents was no easy task, either. ;-)

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

1000¥ for a beverage? Just how bad is the water shortage in Japan?

Yuki Kitsune
Two Spirals discussion 05 Mar 10:44
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I realize that "Two Spirals" is the official English title, but just to point out: らせん is more properly translated as "helix," as in 二重らせん, a double-helix.

Yuki Kitsune
Scandal discussion 04 Mar 23:23
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

The relationship with Nagisa wasn't all that healthy either and she was kind of controlling.

Unless Nagisa already knew something about Ayane or her intentions. In that case her behavior would make sense. Perhaps there's some history between them that a sequel would reveal.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

An angel programmer? Yes please

This calls for a New Game crossover!

(Man, if I could learn an entire language from an afternoon at the library, though...)

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

And there's that chocolate orange again. It's almost becoming leitmotif with Takemiya Jin.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

< Reads ch.26 >
< Checks to see if author is the same as Qualia the Purple. >

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

[monotone] Oh, goody, and here I was worried that it might end too quickly.

Yuki Kitsune
Ovum discussion 15 Jan 12:15
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Needs a "depressing" tag or something :(

It's Anise. That should count as a tag in itself: part story, part social commentary, and part commiseration.

Yuki Kitsune
Reversible discussion 11 Jan 19:13
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Amazes me, how much the art style changed from the first one to this one. Not saying I like one better than the other, but it feels really different.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Is that a tattoo I spy?

Edit: Guess she has more than one. Anyone know: does Korea not have the same aversion to tattoos that most Asian countries do, or is it just a sign of how progressive this artist is?

last edited at Jan 5, 2017 11:02PM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I've got the biggest, stupidest grin right now ... and it just won't go away! Love this series!

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Man, I feel so bad for Andou-san. Every meeting is transformative. (And if that last page is canon...)

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

OMG! How many times have I read this without catching the Charlotte's Web reference?!?

What was it?

Opening words: "Cirque Arachne: a troupe of acrobats named after a spider-woman." (Reference to Greek mythology)
Acrobat performing as if in a web: Lotte, or more formally Charlotte (ch.1, pg.10).

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

This one popped into mind recently. Almost a year since the last update. Is Jimi dead?