Forum › Posts by confused1203

confused1203
Bridesmaid discussion 04 Jun 17:49
Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

I really enjoyed reading this one. It hit me right in the feels. Yes it's been done so many times with yuri themes, but the maturity of it made it seem fresh. Sometimes it's hard to do what you want and to go against your families wishes.(Personal experience here)

confused1203
Stretch discussion 03 Jun 18:46
Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

Keiko and Ran are totally married and the both of them are so whipped by each other it's insane. No, I'm not okay.

Also Ran in glasses... Hot damn.

Glasses always makes yuri better. <3

confused1203
Stretch discussion 03 Jun 18:45
Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

Your name is me.

Without the 1203.

I see what ya did there. I like it. ☺

I even made it rhyme. Look at me, I'm so clever, la la la la la...

(It sounds better read one two o three, as a note.)

Indeed.

confused1203
Stretch discussion 03 Jun 18:21
Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

Your name is me.

Without the 1203.

I see what ya did there. I like it. ☺

confused1203
Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

I loved this! Cuteness to the core mixed with just the right amount of NSFW.

confused1203
Stretch discussion 03 Jun 18:15
Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

This chapter was... What the hell?

My thoughts exactly.

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

Loved this last chapter. Inugami dominated, yes!

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

My heart... it's getting toyed with. </3 <3

confused1203
LOVE/DEATH discussion 25 May 22:12
Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

two yandere become couple ?
what could possibly go wrong ?

Apparently getting stabbed close to your eye for instance. lol

Still a great manga. I'm liking how the drawing style doesn't seem as rough in this last chapter.

confused1203
Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

:3 This is my favorite manga right now. She didn't confirm or deny that she made the food. lol. Shame shame Seol-a.

confused1203
Citrus discussion 25 May 21:12
Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

The more I read it, the more addicted I become. :)

confused1203
Collectors discussion 20 May 20:19
Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

Loved this last chapter. <3 Science babies is always a fun topic. :D

confused1203
Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

takachi:

allow me a stupid question... Min-Jeong is Seol-a's friend, right? If that's the case... I'm just... why would Seol-a suddenly be so frustrated about having friends among girls? Or is it that she's lonely in the uni?

Allow me to give a stupid answer. :3

As you mentioned, Min-jeong doesn't go to the same university, so Seol-a only sees her occasionally. And it seems that when they meet, at least sometimes, it's to hang out with guys -- probably guys that they barely know or even just met -- to drink, flirt, so on, like in chapter 20.

As an aside, Min-jeong is probably the kind of girl that everybody thinks Seol-a is: a party girl who is really flirty with guys. Seol-a on the other hand seems to "go along with it" just out of... boredom or something, as thought she's thinking, "Eh, why not?" In chapter 23, she says, "It's true that I've met a lot of guys. I didn't turn away anyone who seemed decent, and I didn't chase after those who left me." Doesn't sound she was really into it.

But yeah, basically, Seol-a seems to hang out with Min-jeong only once in a while for that kind of stuff. And it's not at all not the close relationship that many college or high school girls tend to develop. You know, like No-rae and Hye-gyeong. Or No-rae and Hee-jin before university.

I don't think that Seol-a is "frustrated about having friends among girls" per se. I don't think she was really really longing for this kind of relationship; it's just that she didn't even know what it's like to have this kind of close friend, as she has never made that kind of close friend in university and heck, probably not even in high school.

Think about it. Her "legendary" status really made it difficult for any girl to approach as well as for her to approach any girl. For example, take Hye-gyeong. We know she's a nice person, and she isn't the type to be mean to people. But even she took part in the gossip about Seol-a, because she is just that (in)famous. If you hear so much and talk so much about a person, she becomes almost like a "celebrity" and you won't even think about going up and talk to her.

No-rae is the first to really get close to her, partly due to circumstances but also because of No-rae's personality, which attracted Seol-a. No-rae gave her a taste of what it was like to have a really close girl friend in school/university. (Not only that, but No-rae also acted as a bridge for Seol-a to be able to be friends with other people such as Hye-gyeong; without No-rae, it is very unlikely they would have ever interacted.)

So naturally, she really liked No-rae and wanted to be around her, because it gave her a sense of friendship that she was never able to experience before. And as we already know, with time, those feelings grew to... whatever they are now.

Essay over./Q.E.D.

I really like this wrap up you did, whether intended or not. It gives a really good perspective how Seol-a is still in the beginning stages of understanding her own feelings for No-rae. Because she's never had a close female friend, the lines of friendship and love are blurry at the moment. I hope we get to see more development in their feelings for each other.

confused1203
Citrus discussion 19 May 19:03
Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

I'm feeling temporarily blissful about this manga.. but I have feeling it won't last. lol.

confused1203
Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

I loved this one and after reading it I immediate thought of Lady Gaga lyrics. I actually liked how it went through death and it does have this bitter sweet feel to it.

confused1203
Koi-Musubi discussion 22 Apr 22:11
Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

I do agree that Nico was really masculine..but I don't hate it. It's just different. I definitely think the dialog was off too. At the same time I did enjoy seeing Nico as a top, it makes her more sexy, instead of looking childish I guess. Typically I'm all about Nico Maki ship. I want this artist to do something like have a masculine Nico and super feminine Maki with the same drawing style. lol.

confused1203
Image Comments 19 Apr 18:12
Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014
44448960_big_p6

This works for me. :D

confused1203
Image Comments 19 Apr 12:17
Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

They remind me of a more mature Akko and Mari. :3 Beautiful.

confused1203
Lily Love discussion 16 Apr 20:52
Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

It just keeps getting better. :D

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

There's also the fact that an awful lot of what you're seeing is short stories, especially in yuri. The author simply hasn't enough space to make a fully developed romance in those constraints, so often has to pare things down to the very basics, or at least use culturally-recognizable shorthand. Longer stories can be a lot more decompressed, but even then it takes a lot of space to give the nuance of a real-world romance so it doesn't happen much even with hetstuff. So often you jump straight to love.

This is so true. It's really difficult to express anything but the extremes when it's a one-shot or short story, but if you notice in the longer more series driven manga's, depending on the focus you do get that slow build up. Which can be much more refreshing and there is character development. The character realizes there are feelings of some sort towards another character "nervous, heart-pounding, blushing", brushing that off to maybe I just really enjoy that persons company later characterized as a crush.Then movement to realization " I think I really like this person"... then " I think I love this person" and so on. That's how I view it anyway. There are at least a few I can think of that have a similar patter. (Sweet Blue Flowers, Love DNA XX, Whispered Words, Girlfriends) Again those are all series. I haven't read much het stuff, so I don't have much of an opinion.

confused1203
Stretch discussion 15 Apr 21:43
Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

Loved the end to this chapter.

Also... I NEED TO KNOW WHAT RAN'S REAL PRESENT TO KEIKO WAS.

I was thinking the same thing!!!

Saki Senpai's face when her friend was there: Priceless.

confused1203
Image Comments 12 Apr 22:35
Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014
46391062_p0

I prefer Umi and Kotori, but this picture is super adorable. :3

confused1203
Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

HARUKA YOU DOG!! :)
Actually the only thing I dislike in the story is how Mitsuki's glasses look...

Ugh her glasses bother me too. Glad to know I'm not the only one. lol

confused1203
Image Comments 12 Apr 18:44
Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

Sweetly pleasant. <3

confused1203
Their Story discussion 10 Apr 22:37
Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

I'm just happy Their Story exists at all. It's super cute and kind of fluffy, but I enjoy every second of reading it. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :D