Forum › Posts by dkamar

joined Mar 31, 2013

So, it increasingly bothers me that the characters are apparently 16ish but are so ignorant of the world that it would be pushing credulity even if they were grade schoolers.

dkamar
joined Mar 31, 2013

So, like, 100% the girl with Shannon is a vampire right

dkamar
Roid discussion 24 Aug 20:36
joined Mar 31, 2013

It's bizarre to me how many writers (and people in general) don't seem to view destroying or deleting a sapient intelligence as murder if it's digital.

This writer might, but it's clearly supposed to be like, lesser murder, since its definitely not written as if we're supposed to interpret the two who were okay with deleting her as murdering psychopaths?

We're accidental meat robots built by dumb luck and a lot of time. We should treat our fellow robots with respect, dang it.

dkamar
joined Mar 31, 2013

I don't think I like any of these characters so far.

joined Mar 31, 2013

I can't help but dread the carnage if we see epilogue husbands and epilogue children on this series' final chapter.

joined Mar 31, 2013

I would guess, not knowing the specifics of this particular PreCure series, that glasses girl is a magical girl and the other girl is not in the loop, hence her being cagey about what sort exercise she does to stay fit.

last edited at Jun 25, 2020 11:55PM

joined Mar 31, 2013

It's interesting, as someone with relatively bad anxiety who barely functions as an adult, that the plot didn't rub me the wrong way.

But when I get kicked into doing something the initial terror almost always gives way to just...getting it done. The experience cannot be as bad as what I imagine it will be, that's what anxiety is. So if you don't just immediately spiral out of control, things will rapidly get better. At least until the next time.

Though, in my case ADHD is a major factor. So rather than my anxiety alone being super intense, its more that I can't overcome inertia and push past the immediate pain of anxiety and effort in general in pursuit of some long-term benefits (since the impairment of executive function in ADHD makes it hard to hold a realistic image of, and thus properly assess and appreciate, long-term consequences and benefits).

So yeah, this felt reasonable and true to my experience, but then, maybe it's not reasonable and true to the issues Neeko's been shown to have. I don't actually remember the finer details of her condition, to be honest.

dkamar
Love Aroma discussion 16 Nov 01:07
joined Mar 31, 2013

I love trashy Kodama Naoko drama, and goofy Kodama Naoko fun. And for an extra hit, there's always people complaining in the comments for literally anything she writes.

Inject it all straight into my veins.

dkamar
Mimi Mix! discussion 16 Oct 11:11
joined Mar 31, 2013

Okay. I have a question.

Maybe I shouldn't ask it, for the greater good. But.

Where...do they get the ears?

joined Mar 31, 2013

Never mind petty two-person ships.

I'm pulling for the OT3 now.

dkamar
Slow Start discussion 14 Feb 02:41
joined Mar 31, 2013

Eiko, make certain you are never alone with that girl.

4) Nishimura is a crossdressing male (see ch24). He hasn't really gotten enough focus thus far to determine what his deal is (ie. sexuality/gender identity/etc.) but he seems to be an LGBT ally if Enami's comfortable getting drunk around him.

I just read through chapter 24 again, and there was nothing in there that made me conclude ANYTHING like this. At all.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/slow_start_ch24#11 Look after the name

dkamar
joined Mar 31, 2013

It's unfortunate that the title is literally 'Trap Heroine' with katakana, but at least in JP works the intent isn't hostile. And for this MC, being as much of a dick about it as he is, it's actually pretty appropriate.

On the other hand, translators that still use 'trap' for 'otoko no ko' should probably think about changing it up.

dkamar
joined Mar 31, 2013

"We're at school!", huh.

dkamar
joined Mar 31, 2013

It looks less like her powers don't work, and more like this new girl says exactly what she's thinking without hesitation.

Notice that you see the beginning of though bubbles overshadowed by the same stuff said aloud.

joined Mar 31, 2013

Never mind that shit, here comes a rival!

joined Mar 31, 2013

So she got tired right after the kiss, enough that she fell asleep/passed out.

More foreshadowing that she really is a succubus?

joined Mar 31, 2013

So, it looks like this series just completely ruined its tone by turning the vampires into mass-murdering monsters backed by an evil organization, without the author seeming to have realized that fact.

I mean, Sensei there is a serial killer that preys on underage girls.

Jeez.

joined Mar 31, 2013

She wasn't saying they were the same thing, just drawing the comparison to help connect the dots on the idea of loving multiple people.

I'm curious whether the author will stick to a pretty good presentation of a poly character, or have the narrative prove them 'wrong' and end up with them in a monogamous setup?

dkamar
FAA discussion 21 Jun 10:11
joined Mar 31, 2013

Gotta agree with flips. Something about this artist's just...irritating.

dkamar
Lemonade discussion 19 May 02:17
joined Mar 31, 2013

I swear. I sorta feel like everyone saying the ending makes it worth the trip...are experiencing something like Stockholm Syndrome. A bit of kindness in a bad situation and your mind tricks you, it's a survival mechanism.

;D

dkamar
Stretch discussion 06 Mar 02:22
joined Mar 31, 2013

It's probably less traditional biphobia and more a purity obsession.

Either way it's pretty silly.

dkamar
Stretch discussion 06 Mar 01:55
joined Mar 31, 2013

Didn't yuri START in josei magazines? Seem to recall that.

Not that that says anything about this particular publisher being willing to publish a yuri story, just saying, josei magazine=/=no yuri, necessarily.

last edited at Mar 6, 2014 1:58AM

dkamar
Stretch discussion 06 Mar 01:51
joined Mar 31, 2013

Oh noes, a boyfriend years in the past, my yuris ruined forev...oh wait no they aren't.

Yeesh guys. Even with the boyfriend background this chapter had some of the strongest yuri vibes.

joined Mar 31, 2013

Might be worth it to wait for confirmation anyway.

dkamar
Lemonade discussion 12 Feb 19:05
joined Mar 31, 2013

You know, I'm typically a fan of yuri with a bit of het, since I don't like the everyone-is-gay-and-there-is-zero-conflict style of yuri...but I'm a bit amused by a yuri series that could barely pass the Bechdel Test with its first 11 chapters.

last edited at Feb 12, 2014 7:06PM