Forum › Posts by uwuwu

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

I'll take anything I can get, but only two pages?! That's some pretty efficient storytelling.

uwuwu
Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

Well, aside from the terrible habits that should not be glamorized, I like this. It's cute, the characters seem interesting, the art is good. Here's hoping for a redemption arc where they quit smoking together and go on to live long healthy lives as wife and wife.

last edited at Nov 29, 2023 5:08PM

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

That was really nice.

Birds don't count!!

last edited at Nov 29, 2023 5:01PM

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

There's already so much talent, investment, and fan support for yuri in a market 10x as big as Japan, and it's growing every year. Yes, the best content may get translated, but there's nothing comparable to consuming it in the original language because so much gets lost in translation.

That's really encouraging to hear. Only thing I knew about the Chinese yuri market was the whole drama about Tamen de Gushi getting cancelled, and the rumors I read said that it was because of Chinese government pressuring publishers to crack down on depictions of LGBT romance...
But I assumed those interpretations were leaving out a lot of nuance and details. Or were false. Either way RIP tdg.

last edited at Nov 29, 2023 4:58PM

uwuwu
Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

Did I forget something, or is Yunduo just bitter about getting friendzoned because she wasn't being honest and forthcoming about her romantic feelings when she had a chance? Because to me it seems like S.S. Yunduo-Xiaoen sailed like a decade ago.

Really liking these chapters though; getting to explore all of these conflicting emotions and uncertainties...

last edited at Nov 28, 2023 1:28PM

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

Actually, is it just me who's surprised by how it seems like everything just went back to normal after their near-death experience with the demon? It felt palpably dangerous and was super exciting! And it seemed like both the main characters underwent genuine character growth, and that their bond was made so much stronger by this shared experience...

I think their bond has been made stronger. Does it seem weaker? There's been nothing to test it until now.

Well, I didn't communicate it very well, but it felt like the story just did an abrupt turn after ch15 into something completely different, and it felt jarring.

But after going back to re-read it, the end of ch.15 actually sets up the brother and "wine lady" as I called her above. So we're probably about to see all these plot threads get connected.

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

Soo... Are they in danger or something? Or is Hinata just worried that Naori will be surrounded by hot babes and guys? Is it the usual "Family introduction" that's supposed to make her act that way? The ending to that (21) chapter felt very tense but I'm not sure if I'm missing something.

I'm getting the vibe that the brother wants to turn Naori into their live-in bartender-slave, and keep her trapped in there to keep making them drinks. That's what the wine lady seemed to be -- she did not look very happy to be there.

But that'd be a rather dark turn for a manga that has been pretty light and fluffy so far. Except for the tanuki/demon fight chapters; that got pretty real pretty fast...

Actually, is it just me who's surprised by how it seems like everything just went back to normal after their near-death experience with the demon? It felt palpably dangerous and was super exciting! And it seemed like both the main characters underwent genuine character growth, and that their bond was made so much stronger by this shared experience...

last edited at Nov 4, 2023 5:13PM

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

I'm mostly here for Kaori/Ma-chan which are the true main characters.

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

I love Yatosaki Haru! Everything she makes is so soft, fluffy and unapologetically girly.

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

It feels like the author is getting a little lost in the weeds when it comes to the plot and pacing. Not that there's anything wrong with what we've gotten, but the first 20 chapters or so (and the premise from title) felt more like it was quickly heading for explicitly GL territory. I still think it will become at least romance, but maybe it'll take a while, or maybe it'll just be implied... Tbh I'm not sure the author has made up their mind either.

All I know is that their families are super cute! This series really has been a 10/10 on the wholesome scale so far in a way that I wasn't expecting.

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

Wow! What a great chapter. I like Aju.

Poor flower shop tho. There did their delivery girl disappear to?!

uwuwu
Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

What a wonderful dream. ^_^

Science babies arc??? Though I know Futaribeya is too grounded for that... probably.

Pretty sure Sakurako has already mentioned this possibility a long time ago.

Oh yeah I remember, that was like... vol 3 or something... But at this point I'm honestly scared to find out what Kasumi would be like as a parent. Though as usual I guess Sakurako would balance it out by being perfect at everything.

Sakurakos been living with her baby for the last 10 years

lol yep

last edited at Oct 3, 2023 11:09AM

uwuwu
Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

Science babies arc??? Though I know Futaribeya is too grounded for that... probably.

uwuwu
Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

Good ep! God, Tracy's art style is gorgeous! The rain really brings it out...

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

Yeah idk if something got lost in translation, but it feels like this chapter is missing a couple of pages of dialog to fully explain why MC is going along with all of this seemingly without resisting..

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

Get it, player!! She's really trying her hardest <3

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

Cute art. Don't think I'll ever understand eating cold noodles tho.

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

Odd question, but does anyone know what that "couch" she bought at the end would actually be called? I kind-of want one.

It depends on how specific you want to be, but I think they're generally called "japanese style" chairs/sofas. The main characteristic being that they have no legs, or very short ones.

I agree though, seems nice. Like a beanbag but with more structure...

last edited at Sep 21, 2023 5:43PM

uwuwu
That Game discussion 21 Sep 17:08
Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

I like it. Tima's art is consistently amazing. I have such a hard time understanding their comics, though...

Idk if it's because of cultural difference, or the translations, or if they just have an unusual storytelling style.

Either way, the stories are more interesting because of it. Feels like I'm experiencing something through a truly alien perspective.

last edited at Sep 21, 2023 5:14PM

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

Holy shit, what a chapter. The lilies are blooming!

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

Yay, more Yodokawa!

I also thought this was charming, and a more realistic depiction of how a relationship can look.

I'm amused at these hyperbolic takes about how they should break up, or how Mei is a horrible person, because she's absent minded and a little messy.

Some people just are that way. It'd mean pretty much anybody with ADHD is a horrible person by default.

You can be kind of a mess, and still have plenty of good qualities.
Also remember that they're just roommates (lol). That makes her a bad roommate, not a bad girlfriend. Pretty significant distinction in my eyes.

Also, Yuiko should really communicate her actual feelings better. Come on, bud.

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

The author just announced on their fanbox that the final episode of this manga will be released in the September 3 issue of Galette... Scanlators pls, where you at? Shut up and take my money

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

YEAH BABY, THEY FINALLY DID THE THING

uwuwu
Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

Gosh, so cute. Yodokawa drawing catgirls for justice. Also, life goals.

uwuwu
Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

Damn, Yodokawa just can't stop putting out absolute Ws.

Is it weird that I feel really attracted to angry women? Somehow Yodokawa just does them so right. It's gotta be those pretty, furious eyes...