Forum › Posts by commentator

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

I definitely want this on my shelves, is the license going to have a physical release? I've never heard of coolmic before.
edit: looks like they're a digital platform on a phone app. sad shelves.

last edited at Mar 24, 2021 6:25PM

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

Does anyone know if there is actual yuri later on? Do Rei and Claire end up together ? Just asking because chapter 7 left a bad taste and I don't want to waste my time with garbage

I've been trying to keep as spoiler free as possible, but all the reviews I've read point to yes. Erica Friedman (a yuri expert and blogger) has given it high ratings. Here's the link for the volume 2 review (spoiler free) where she gives the yuri ranking a 10/10: https://okazu.yuricon.com/2021/01/08/im-in-love-with-the-villainess-volume-2/

Also, the cover of novel volume 3 has their adopted children on it.

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

Teacher is just reminding me of that morosexual meme, I think the original was on tumblr:

I'm proud to identify as morosexual. I'm attracted to dumbasses and dumbasses exclusively. A guy asked me what the Spanish word for tortilla was once and now I dream of kissing him under the moonlight.

this same idiot: what kind of animal is the pink panther

me, already taking off my clothes: benjamin you're so fucking stupid

One of my favorite incarnations of it is a diakko post: https://ryuucaro.tumblr.com/post/176725888771

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

I really enjoy viewing pages 12-13 of chapter 8.1 side by side

(like it's displayed in the comic walker reader. here's the general page for the series and this should link directly to 8.1, but I don't know how long it will be freely available)

since the page structure is so similar but the panel with Mei's reaction face gets zoomed in on the second page. It's a very well done layout.
It's not something I usually notice, but the art for this series is just that well done. The little details for this whole series like the arrows occasionally pointing across panels like in ch 7.2 pg 4 and of course the fact that the arrows are the only things with color are just so cool.

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

It's cute, but man, some of that speech bubble placement is cursed.

At least the translation included numbers for some of the really bad ones. Looking at some of the artist's pixiv stuff I think text placement/planning is just a bit of a weak point for them.

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

Just to throw a little more chaos into the mix, the pages they decided to use to use for the preview in this year's Yuriten includes specifically the Nadeshiko x Miho scene from chapter 45 (the headband thing mentioned above):
https://yuriten.store/collections/oomuroke

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

On page 009 of 7.2 where Miu says

Since it's you, Mei-chan, I can tell you. My friend is her ex-lover.

I feel like the translation is a little off.
The original says

鳴さんだから教えるんですよ?私の友達で 元恋人さん ですからね

And it looks to me more like she's teasing Mei by calling her her ex-lover (because of the pretend lover request thing of chapter 6) so something more like

"Since it's you, Mei-chan, I can tell you. Because you're my friend and ex-lover."

I would try participating in /u/ translation qc a bit before hand if I had any idea how to navigate that forum (and the time to figure it out I guess)... but alas I only really know how to see the results after they're released like this.

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

I hope this is still a thing sigh maybe this year there'll be some more chapters

I just popped over here because I noticed cheapmanga.com selling a three volume bundle marked as complete: https://www.cheapmanga.com/product/mononoke-sharing-complete/246
(the site is legit, just looks a little old)
Anyway, it seems there are 3 volumes available for purchase in English somewhere, which may or may not be why there haven't been new translations here.

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

The purple nipples were "clothes" lol

commentator
Twin Yuri discussion 12 Feb 17:33
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

Cute, but twin yuri always makes me think it's kinda (narcissistic)²

That line of thought always reminds me of questions like "would you fuck a clone of yourself" (or other variations specifying just how identical the clone/doppleganger whatever is to yourself)
My personal answer tends to be "probably" depending on the finer details, but that's more because consent is sexy and I'd give it a try rather than actually being attracted to myself. ‾\_(ツ)_/‾

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

The end credits note to support via buying the volumes reminded me that this series will soon be available in English published by Seven Seas: https://sevenseasentertainment.com/books/doughnuts-under-a-crescent-moon-vol-1/ so if you can't/don't want to buy the japanese version there are going to be other options!

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

While the 404: Men Not Found tag isn't incorrect, I feel like it's not really used when the only characters at all are the main couple and/or the only setting is inside a single room or house without background people. Otherwise the tag would be on a lot more things. Also the main series that this is is from as pointed out by Calm canonically has men as background characters so it doesn't even apply to the universe. Sorry about being picky about a tag like that, it's not really important to me but I felt compelled to point it out for some reason.

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

I would like to own a physical copy of this Manga. It's beautifully written and drawn.

You might be able to! I checked amazon.jp and it looks like the first volume was recently printed (as far as I can tell): https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/%E5%AE%AE%E5%8E%9F-%E9%83%BD/dp/4049129744

Also if you have any idea how Bookwalker works (I unfortunately have no clue and my japanese skills are way too low to read the site) here is the page for the series: https://bookwalker.jp/series/234326/

commentator
A Cute Guy discussion 27 Jan 06:02
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

how much you wanna bet this one turns out to be trans yuri?

I was thinking something like that too, especially because the japanese title is "kawaii hito" which is a bit more literally "a cute person" without the gender connotations of "guy". The most recent chapter (8) has an author note saying "百合・・・ではない" meaning "this is... not yuri" but I'll still be optimistic and choose to add my own "but it could be" to the end of that lol

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

There's gotta be a galge out there where you just ship the heroines. Anyone?

Technically Kindred Spirits on the Roof is about pairing up other girls, albeit it's a linear story and the pairings are fixed. Not quite the crackship simulator you're looking for, but still essential playing.

Can confirm, it's pretty good

profile pic checks out lol
I will also say I enjoyed Kindred Spirits.

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

I feel so out of the loop about Squiggles??? The only thing I remember about them is seeing that their translations were... subpar... at some point so I just stopped reading anything I noticed had Squiggles on it.

Is there anywhere I can get a quick rundown on the drama just so I can be informed? Unless it's so bad that we don't want to spill the tea or open that can of worms here (or whatever other idiom is applicable) which I would totally understand.

You identified one of the primary issues (translation quality) off the bat. I don't think it's my place to say the rest, but to my knowledge there is no will ill from either our side or theirs, sometimes the scanlation scene gets complicated and that's just how it goes.

Thanks for the reply. I somehow got the impression that there was something really dramatic that happened and bringing it up would cause someone to get angry, so it took me a bit of courage to just ask.

commentator
Image Comments 14 Dec 21:39
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013
Epdp2bowmaurxts-orig

Maybe they're in one of those workout rooms with a giant mirror covering a wall so she's seeing both.

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

Unfortunately due to some...stuff, not all of Squiggles work ends up here. Rest assured we're getting the rest of Ouji-sama up as soon as we're able.

I feel so out of the loop about Squiggles??? The only thing I remember about them is seeing that their translations were... subpar... at some point so I just stopped reading anything I noticed had Squiggles on it.

Is there anywhere I can get a quick rundown on the drama just so I can be informed? Unless it's so bad that we don't want to spill the tea or open that can of worms here (or whatever other idiom is applicable) which I would totally understand.

commentator
Mito discussion 01 Dec 23:23
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

I found this author's pixiv:
https://www.pixiv.net/users/224407
It has links to their other social media and such in the profile too.

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

Wo~w!

This has me screaming lol

commentator
Image Comments 17 Nov 18:54
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013
Eanjqd2u8aecbnm-orig

@BV you've probably seen it elsewhere. This image has been around since early 2014 according to the artist's pixiv: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/42543904
They only just recently (June 2020) posted (or maybe reuploaded) it to their twitter where the source link leads to.
I'm not opposed to rediscovering this absolutely wonderful art though. It deserves the attention.

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

It may not be loli, but it still unfortunately manages to have a pedo vibe to it... :/

commentator
Image Comments 12 Nov 06:05
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013
Ai_85554747_p0

For a second I thought Shinki was bursting in because she was called lol

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

And damn that lots of hugging. I duuno why but that looked really erotic.

Because eroticism is all about intimate contact, particularly in unusual configurations. E.g. on page 20, Kozuka presses the Landlady's shoulder into her chest -- because it's not something you ever do with strangers, the unusualness of the position enhances the feeling of intimacy (speaking from personal experience). Same goes for the ear-rubbing later on, while on page 24, they actually lock eyes at an extremely close distance -- which is one of the most intimate kinds of contact you can make with another person, even though they're not physically touching.

All-in-all, this chapter is an amazingly elaborate depiction of intense non-sexual intimacy.

You know you've got a good thing going when the sex is just foreplay for C U D D L I N G.

And then it starts to get more sensual right before she asks to put something on her schedule: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/even_if_it_was_just_once_i_regret_it_ch15#25

Hand going into shirt and lips on neck

commentator
Image Comments 05 Nov 05:00
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013
Ej-5rchxgamlok--orig

The twitter source (ice bz2333) says it's actually by BLACKJOKER at https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/76082825