Forum › Posts by BreadBunny

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Very fun little slice in the life of a mermaid who has come up to the surface.

Really like that it's just "yeah she works at the aquarium as mermaid that's real position that exists in this world"

last edited at Feb 3, 2024 6:36PM

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

yeah no shit she developed the most insane smell fetish in the universe if that's the house she grew up in lmao.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

I love that Shiina just says she blew up the gym and Satsuki's only reaction is "wow cool, you're amazing" like this girl cares about murder, she's here to make sure nobody dies.

But collateral damage who gives a shit amirite. Honestly really funny to me how little either Satsuki or Akira care about it especially considering how close to the blast they ended up being.

It's really cool to see as well that Shiina and Akira just tell Satsuki that she's a terrible liar because she IS, and it's a nice bookend for famous Liar Satsuki.

Also also "she just wants to tell you about bugs" AND??? what's so wrong with that?? hUH??? I believe in Itou supremacy!

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

oh now that we're getting more of a focus on the aunt. Given that the monster preys on maidens, this plot beat might just exactly be why she's an aunt now instead.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

A big thing for Asako also seems to be that like, she's always been the person who buys and provides in every relationship she's had before now and it's never turned out well for her. But more importantly as the person who always provides she's not just going to be uncomfortable with the size of the presents (not to say that that's not part of it) but also just the fact that in this relationship it might not have to be her who buys the car, it might not have to be her who provides and that in and of itself is also scary to someone who has taken that role in every relationship she's been in so far.

BreadBunny
Love Bullet discussion 18 Jan 20:12
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

"even after the incident you were thinking about me all this time, thank you" is funny to me like yeah girl! she confessed to you and then without being able to answer her, you saved her life, got impaled as a result and DIED right in front of her, Aki is never going to forget you. lmao

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

So we get "lying" about wanting to be a girl because depending on how this story goes that could really end up being lying but only Akizuki to himself, lmao.

Then we get Akizuki listening in on the delinquents who talk about how completely plugged out he always acts, and Akizuki going "hmm yeah before I met the love of my life I was just constantly spaced out and don't really remember" which reads as if he was just in a constant fugue which is interesting.

And of course bra shopping which has Akizuki find some surprising enjoyment/happiness in it by the end, cute!

Lastly the incredibly funny conversation with Tsubakida in which the delinquent ends up thinking "woah that's guy's scary I don't want to get involved with him" ending the chapter with I suppose the reveal that there's at least one other family member walking around who also would just kiss someone while sleeping, I suppose we'll have to see where that goes.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Respect for the maturity from this manga. Shigisawa not only set boundaries and maintained them, she also has a female friend she's out to (and who seems to be lesbian too) AND that friend gave solid, sympathetic advice. Also, despite the reputation the author seems to have (personally I haven't read anything by her), Gotou doesn't seem to be a super bad or toxic person at all, she's certainly troubled and I can see how that might become an issue down the line, but she's not all that bad. Even if she now goes down a delivery health or whatever route, that doesn't really make her a worse person, if anything, it is just sad.

yeah for the reputation that Kodama Naoko has, pretty much all her manga end on a positive note. So while these characters will be going through it. They'll almost certainly find themselves in a better place by the end.

last edited at Jan 13, 2024 8:22AM

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Shiina is such a good character, I love so much that she joined Satsuki's team for literally no reason other than "she's the idiot who will do anything to keep me alive" Like everyone else is so caught up in their own plans and beliefs that they just fail to notice Shiina is playing them all like a fiddle.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Alright this is definitely the funniest example of mutually unrequited shenanigans I've seen yet.

last edited at Jan 10, 2024 5:24PM

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Hinata is thankfully not a cheat! Though to be fair if we took bartending as the relationship it is analogous for it does paint a very fun picture wherein Hinata is exclusive to Naori but Naori is open to pretty much all female ogres. Lmao

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

With the introduction of Takimiya I'm now suddenly torn because, damn girl you should date your cool coworker who is more than enough the successful career woman to make up for your inability to be that lmao.

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

I still can't used to the gender bended uncle to aunt

Look she just transitioned so hard, she transitioned backwards in time as well.

Until you two mentioned it, I thought I was just mis-remembering that there was an uncle.

It's pretty wild for this to happen with zero explanation. I wonder if this is somehow an intentional plot point or if the author just forgot.

It's....It's a different character? People can have more than one relative.

Her uncle works in the fishery and her aunt works on the docks, from what I can tell.

No they're the same character, the uncle now aunt lived alone before Furuka crashed there. The author retconned the character into being a woman.

last edited at Jan 7, 2024 3:34PM

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

I still can't used to the gender bended uncle to aunt

Look she just transitioned so hard, she transitioned backwards in time as well.

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Honestly the story ends up being a lot nicer than I though it would have been because at least Shizuku gets to confess, at least she gets to finish the novel, at least Kaori gets to read the ending and it's all bound into one.

Now onto the epilogue. To see where Shizuku goes from here.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

"why?" lmao.

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

a new one from Akiyama Haru I like it already, let's see what glorious mess we'll be getting this time.

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Frostnova at the end "is she bothering you queen?"

last edited at Dec 27, 2023 6:19PM

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Yeah for the effect it has, the cocktail is aptly named. Hinata better look out though because her bartender is getting to Mikage's heart by going through the stomach first.

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

I'll say while this manga has little actual plot a strength of it is that I literally started reading this chapter having no memories of what this manga was anymore. And I instantly went "oh right this manga" and got it all back.

It's distinct if nothing else, lmao.

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Yeah Sal Jiang was cooking here. Junko gets everything she's wanted, crushes Kayo into the fucking dirt. Gets Sakakibara fired. And now a year later she's gotten the first of what she plans to be many promotions.

And what has it gotten her, really? Kayo has moved on, Kayo is working for the new company her partner Sakakibara created. Kayo was forced out of the ratrace and found herself better for it.

But Junko, well. She spent a year assuming that she was playing the deputy director for all that he was worth and her reward was the revelation that she's going up against many more people than she thought if she intends to continue climbing.

And lastly, Hashimoto. She's almost unrecognizable. Junko pulled her in and it seems like over the course of a year she's gotten very good at playing the game.

Junko won, but Kayo got out and let's be honest with ourselves only one of them is in a happy relationship and living a life where she can let down her guard. And it's not Junko

last edited at Dec 23, 2023 8:26PM

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Good grief, what would that stupid "mother" have done if MC had been a one-night-stand type, done Nadeshiko the first night and then discarded her with neither aware that you need protection before putting a finger in? Yeah, the whole thing is pretty insane, makes no sense, and I hope we get to see some fun times between the two of them again soon because it will sure be more coherent than the plot.

Honestly I really do think that "mother" was already spying on Akane beforehand. Or maybe just that like she's got her eyes on everyone who buy a cleaning robot to then select an appropriate target for her stupid scheme, lmao.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

I think this chapter lays bare/continues to crystalize why Shiho is the way she is. She's remarkably insecure, lmao. In no small part of course because she's still carrying the death of Kyou with her, as well as the fact that like anything except for the absolute best is failure to her. She's insecure because if she's not number one then she's nothing and she wasn't Aki's number one.

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

oh this one, I thought I already read it on dynasty. Suppose I got confused because it's been on mangadex for a while and I really loved it.

Not much to say really that the four before me haven't said already. It's a sad one, and it really nails the emotional core. If you're on the fence, read it, it's good.

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Oh yeah, this is it. We love a suicidal timeloop that's all about growing as a person, and learning to say no to your manipulative crush.

Now we still have to find out why Kinka wants to die that badly.

last edited at Dec 22, 2023 2:12PM