Akiko%20megaer%20think%20smaller
joined Aug 7, 2021

Fuck, that broke me bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x198_I0Nfc

Great song, heartbreakingly fitting

last edited at Sep 24, 2021 8:22PM

joined Aug 7, 2021

All I want is more. This series, even with the undercurrent of past loneliness (especially on Shou's side), is infinitely relaxing for me. It's currently hitting all the best parts of a slice of life's series' varying scenery and activities, added onto the stronger focus on story and character progression found in more serious things. I feel like the characters and their relationship are being added onto and blooming with every page. The somewhat unresolved/unsolvable angst is kept to a minimum and quickly eased by Umi and Shou's deep connection to one another. It's perfect.

The end of last chapter as well as Umi saying they'll be together forever earlier on is giving me some really bad foreshadowing vibes and I don't like it

Pls no. This is not allowed.

joined Aug 7, 2021

This is great. Love the little characterisations done through the note passing.

bleudelalune
School Zone discussion 01 Sep 19:18
joined Aug 7, 2021

Please go somewhere, please go somewhere, please go somewhere -

I love the analogy of Yokoe always hiding one of her eyes because she's also hiding one side of her, but now, she's showing both sides...

I really liked that subtletly too. Maybe we'll really get a less obnoxious, more honest Yokoe for now.

joined Aug 7, 2021

The best couple gets the best development.

bleudelalune
joined Aug 7, 2021

It's much too good for me. I'm filled with an irrational jealousy at how content they are together! But seriously, it's always such a nice read. I feel privileged to get even a small glimpse into their lives and constantly finding myself wishing them both all the best.

bleudelalune
joined Aug 7, 2021

I love the dynamic of these two. Feels so effortlessly funny and relaxed.

Unexpected Extreme Pain at the end there, though. Ouch.

bleudelalune
joined Aug 7, 2021

I love that the further we go back, and the more we see them in somewhat happier/less-totally-defeated moments, the more it hurts to read. Like others, I plan to go back and reread this in reverse order, but part of me thinks it'd be somehow less painful that way. In reverse, it'll be a standard, steady descent into pain, rather than a steady climb out of it (but retroactively contextualizing the bleak future in a more impactful way).