Forum › Posts by Masina

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

She needs to draw a small arc for both Asahina and Nanase, to explain what their domestic relationship is like. We already know in regards to Fuu.

Masina
Citrus + discussion 02 Feb 10:12
Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

I was a multiple sexual assault victim, so those two familiar sentences trigger me.

This is why, personally ,I never really care about whether they sleep together or not. Sex is not the end all be all.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

^
I don't think so, if you mean chapter 15 at page 396? The good part is finally starting...the two MC finally have a REAL date, as opposed to Kiku dragging Sena to get out.
I love this manga because of Sena, who has a typical serious clinical depression. That portrait hits home. She keeps her depression at bay or as much as possible all these times, without any outside help (other than Kiku) such as therapy. She does mention that she is broke.
Some may considered Kiku being nosey or controlling or stalking, but I think Kiku knows what she is doing. When you have a huge depression to fight against, everything whether mental or physical task that you perform will be a huge challenge. Kiku regularly brings lunch is very helpful, because cooking requires energy, especially the mental part.
Anybody who would not bother to go back to her bedroom and sleep, but simply lying on the floor semi-asleep is a typical depression syndrome. You either sleep too much, or too little. This include staying in bed but unable to sleep.

I want to see how Sena is doing, chapter after chapter. I do not know if the mangaka herself has depression or not, or have family members suffer from it.
BTW, incest cannot cause depression. But there is a minute chance that depression can cause incest.

last edited at Feb 2, 2023 9:46AM

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

I'm done with 26 raw. Anyone knows which page chapter 27 is in 電撃マオウ March Issue? I have no idea why the anthology has over 600 pages but there is no index???? ^^;;;;

Edit Oh never mind I found it, 電撃マオウ 2023 March page 437
PS chapter 26 is in page 275 of the February issue.

last edited at Feb 2, 2023 8:50AM

Masina
VAMPEERZ discussion 31 Jan 22:42
Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

shou's fanbox and other related things

wow, I recall someone saying they were big into loli but I didn't realize this much

shou's works showcase a really refined style, but can't say i'm too into loli to enjoy it. so interesting they gave us Prism, Stretch, and now VAMPEERZ in that regard

He supposedly wanted to be a shoujo mangaka, but I guess things did not work out and he ended up drawing for LO. We all know what happened to him about Prism.

If you are not bothered by his Lol style (I find it extremely realistic, so be warned there), read "Implicity". He did so much research and stuff that you need to read it 10 times just to get some good ideas. I consider that as the best sci-fi manga that I read for the last 3 years. Think of it as the comic version of de Sade's Les 120 Journées de Sodome, or Egon Schiele's paintings. You have to look for the ugly truth that is carefully hidden underneath the outrageous surface.

Oh, you can skip the anime, They are just utilities after utilities,

Masina
VAMPEERZ discussion 31 Jan 22:22
Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

^
まだ未定ですが、このまま順調に進みますと単行本9巻の発売日は4月か5月になると思われます。9巻がヴァンピアーズの最終巻です
He thinks if all things go smoothly, then Volume 9 (final) will be out around April or May, but he does not know yet.
既に45話のプロットが固まっていて、今日からネームです。
最終回は46ですからヴァンピがGXに載るのも残り3回ですか。遠くまできました。最後まで応援よろしくおねがいします。
He has yet to begin 45, only the plot and (today) the name are set. There will be 3 remaining chapter, so it will be 44, 45, 46. This means Volume 9 will have 6.5 chapters.
I do not think Show even has made up his mind about the plot for 46.

You have this and next month to get your name put on volume 9 patron list.

last edited at Jan 31, 2023 10:29PM

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

I have no problem offending them: it was, and still is, trash machine translation by someone who doesn't know either English or Japanese.

Some people insisted I take over, because the translation on MD is godawful.

I must say that the previous translator did a good job to the point that it is understandable.

"Understandable" is a very poor standard.

In this case, it's not a question of the way of writing the sentences. That Yoel guy just mistranslated half of it and a lot of sentence don't make sense at all.

Page 22 of his TL: "Having a good affair". It doesn't make sense. She actually saying that it felt food to cheat.

I know that.

Page 23 of his TL: "I wonder what people would think if we got mad at each other". I mean, what? That translation comes directly from google/deepl. But actually, she's talking about the nurse that would get mad at both of them.

I know that too.

If I have a Japanese keyboard I can also type in dialogues and dump it to some web programs such as google. You have to be an idiot to think that the translation result is 100% correct. Sometimes it makes no sense.

The most important reason why I need a translation is that I want to know certain dialogues that are crucial. For me it is a double check. The rest of them, I really do not care. Whether it is "correct" or "incorrect" the impact was not that important.

If you barely know Japanese, then a correct translation is a must, especially to those who do not know how to use a kanji dictionary, or do not have a Japanese keyboard. I have a virtual one, which is tolerable.

As you can see, 2 years of University and 5 years working for a Japanese firm, I am STILL relying on translation in order to adjust my own interpretation.

Yo did state that she would do it until someone picked it up. To be honest, this will be a Darwin situation, whichever is better will survive. You have 8 chapters to catch up and I am sure for each chapter that you did, Yo will yank hers.

This is funny since I used to work for a computer company whose expertise is to use our proprietary program to translate software and hardware into a non-English product. It was at the end of proprietary programming and the beginning of translation via web and AI. Some of us got pouched by internet companies who started to do these things. Japanese is my 5th language, but ended up as the major language we used in business.

Real person is always better. At one point, we hired my own Japanese professor as a contractor. We also hired military personnel since who else is better at translation other than them?

The one weird thing is the official translation always seem to be less accurate (or bad English) than the scanlations. I never understand why.

Oh, don't think that I am not thankful, I am. Thank you for your hard work.

last edited at Jan 31, 2023 4:34PM

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

I have no problem offending them: it was, and still is, trash machine translation by someone who doesn't know either English or Japanese.

Some people insisted I take over, because the translation on MD is godawful.

I must say that the previous translator did a good job to the point that it is understandable. I read the RAW, so for me a decent translation will be enough, having two scanlations means it gives me an even better perspective in comparison.
For example. Page 4 (Page 291 in Comic Yurihime raw) bottom panel, "部活の内容にわあんま興味ないんだよな" Nobody can come up with the perfect translation, simply because Japanese and English are too far apart linguistically. I remember my Latin teacher said "English is a very weak language", and just the above line shows exactly what he meant: My own reading would be "(I'm not really interested in) the details of the club activities.". The two translations are Yo's "what the club does" and yours "what goes on in her club". To me they are pretty much the same, even though all three do not put the word "club" at the very front of the sentence. A straight word by word translation can be like this: Club activities' details not interested... (which is BAD English)

I would say just appreciate more than one group willing to do the scanalation at all. If you really want to understand what is going on, read the raw, and have your Japanese (hiragana and katagana) and Japanese Kanji dictionary ready. One year should help you pretty much understand the grammar. Words wise it will take a whole lot more time. Get a Japanese keyboard if needed.

No, don't ask me for translation. I know I suck.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

No update for January, I think February we have another chapter coming up.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

This is gonna end with all three sides getting hurt, right? Nanase will probably be the one who breaks it off with Yuni and then end up with that girl from the club. I really want to know why Fuuko is so obsessed with Yuni tho. What made the yandere a yandere?

Fuuko has been following Yuni's blog for quite awhile, so she knows Yuni's temperament, so this is already an advantage. The other is that she knows Yuni being gay. Since people are inside the closet, confessing to someone can lead to disaster if the person is a homophobe. Out is easy, coming out is totally difficult. Not everyone's coming out get the same treatment.

last edited at Jan 31, 2023 6:39AM

Masina
VAMPEERZ discussion 31 Jan 05:45
Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

According to Shou's fanbox, chapter 46 will be the end. Savour these last few chapters, folks.

I cannot find the info from fanbox, link please? or you have to be a patron on a certain level?

last edited at Jan 31, 2023 6:29AM

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

You can follow the raw directly from the publisher, but you have to pay for a pervious chapter. The free ones are the latest ones. I will suggest that you buy the tankoubon, then also follow the latest chapters.
https://comic-days.com/episode/3269632237276869027

last edited at Jan 29, 2023 2:55PM

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

^
I once asked friends.. in the party why they would prefer playing basketball videos game to actually play the game as there is a hoop outside of the porch. They replied were "I do not want to get hurt".

Also, back to the manga, the whole idea is that a tall girl cannot be a follower. As a dancer, I can tell you that it is completely not true. I have done the lead with partners who are much more bigger than me, and heavier than me more than twice. It is just a matter of adjustment, and strength, If I can "force" the follower to follow, or force the leader to follow, you just need to have some strength training (I can lift the person who is more than twice my weight and a foot taller than me, in a discreet way), and memorize both lead and follow's moves. In the worst case scenario I have picked up literally the person from the center of the ballroom to gracefully put her back to a chair against the wall, without anyone noticing. If fact, the person did not even know why her feet were "dragging".
I generally read this manga in a "take a peak" way. If the first couple of pages are about the story, then I will read it. If it is not and only about dancing, I do not read it. The plot makes it illogical to me.

But then it is a manga. It really is an editor's job to make sure there is some degree of authenticity. This is as much truth as those soror system school which I have never seen in real life, yet it is a very popular setting for manga. I am currently following two of these mangas. But at least I was in a school with a house system, so I can understand somewhat about a soror or frater system.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

I try very hard to read this one. But as a student of dancing and choreography, I find the lack of authenticity difficult. Someone is not doing the right job, either the mangaka, or the editor, or both. The dances are wrong. Yes, I know Quadrilles (I hate it), Viennese Waltz and Tango (mostly box, but yes, I have taken argentine tango lessons), all mentioned in the manga. I still find it odd to have a competition on quadrilles. This is a four couple dance. And yes, sorry to say, very boring. But in its purest form, you can only dance tip toe like ballet, so if you know ballet, you have a natural advantage. You spend more energy chatting and gossiping then the actual dancing part. It came from contra dances, if the mangaka meant contra dances, then at least it makes more sense. But contra dances are anything but element. They are both social dances. Another aspect is you do not really memorize the dance, but only know the choreography, this is because both are "called", not programmed. So at least couples can compete each other (how do you compete between four couples are beyond my understanding, since you change partner in the middle of the dance often, so essentially you have FOUR partners).

Tango in its purest form are danced by two men, alternating between lead and follow, with the "couple" actually fighting against each other. Great for a gay couple. When it turned into heterosexual couple, it lost its original flair and intensity, ie. man as lead and woman as follow. And then we have the box tango (yuck).

As it is, this manga has the exact feeling of one of those sports shoujo manga/anime, like tennis or volleyball.
Why can't the editor or/and go to a University and spend half a semester studying choreography, and also ask a dance professor from the theater and dance (combined usually) department? what is the right way to dance?
Oh, if you are chosen as solo, what are you supposed to do? simple duple or compound triple pattern???
It is a manga, so at the end of the day, is just a creation from an artist. There are plenty of methods to compete. Just do not choose a social dance that requires constant change of partners. Oh yes, draw more German Windows please.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Not my favorite pairing (Kujou x Sugimoto). Do you feel a hinge that the manager is going to introduce herself to the sensei? Dog eats Dog world?

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

The last one was pretty funny. "A scummy gap student with a hard life calls upon a lady of the night (but gets blueballed the entire series)"

I thought it is bluebuttoned...

First post out of jail.

last edited at Jan 29, 2023 10:24AM

Masina
Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

^
I think you guys read it while I was in the middle of blackening out. There must be millions of readers, barely 5 minutes and you guys responded already. This is the second time that this happened I think I need to go to a dead thread on a random manga and test out the post concerning "==", before copy and paste on a forum.
Oh, someone here also posted that this will be cut short. I have no idea until I am on chapter 10. Maybe I should complain...since I never got the notice of cancel while reading it.

"==" seems to be a bit tricky to use. Took me three times to fix it on this post. Anyway, won't happen apologies

last edited at Dec 26, 2022 7:26PM

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

re-read 13 and 14. Don't count 100% accurate on my post until the semi-official scanlation team did the work.

13 Fuu struck first...
by attending the new pool party with no reason, such as did not know how to swim, but with a hidden agenda. She managed to find in a situation where Nanase felt odd that Fuu called Asahina Yuni-chan, and then Yuni explained that they knew each other because they rode the bus together on a few uneventful occasions. Nanase started a conversation with Fuuko because it would be odd for someone who never socialized with your girlfriend and then called her as if she were a childhood friend. (-chan). Nanase dug her own grave by pointing out how nice Fuuko's piercing was, and then ask Fuuko when did she get pierced. Fuu knew exactly what to say, that the piercing was a matching pair with someone she loved, then she gave her the date of the piercing. Of course Nanase knew about the date. Fuuko has that cat fight look in front of a clueless Nanase (who was no longer clueless finally).

14 Nanase struck next.
Now just the two of them around, Yuki confronted Yuni, including she knew Yuni was cheating and saw it. Yuki told Yuni that she was Nanase's best friend. Yuni proceeded to physically assaulted Yuki (!!!), with a volleyball no less!!! Then stormed off to see Nanase asking why Nanase broke the promise of keeping the relationship secret. Eventually Nanase apologized, then suddenly turned around and said "Can I trust you?" Fuuko was watching this whole thing and was so happy that things went better than she thought. She promised to give a lot of Yushi Yushi to Yuni. No idea what that means.
I know Yuni is trash, but I have no idea that she was such a Kuzu that she would assault another person.
15 will come out on February (2023 April issue).

last edited at Dec 26, 2022 3:59PM

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Did they listen to the same piece of music, then call each other at the exact same moment at the exact place (the door)?

last edited at Dec 26, 2022 3:27PM

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Throw away the suit....yet she wears a suit to an interview. Sigh.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Wakana is fun.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

I don't know when this will be scanlated further, so I may as well answer one important question. As I said. I am on 14 with 15 coming up in a couple of days.

Yuuna is......
straight, or she was barely bi-curious. She dated
her best friend Kiku so that she can manipulate Kiku into being a "family member" because not just she herself wants a family, but also she knows how lonely Sena is. Kiku is not dumb, she knows this is a fake relationship, but since Kiku is Kiku, she acts the same as if it were a real relationship, and when Yuuna wants to break up, she did not protest, and with Yuuna's green light, she can now start to date Sena. She must have realized that while Yuuna is not gay, Sena is. Yuuna can now go ahead and have her own family by marrying some guy she met, while knowing her sister is in good hands. However, how come yuuna does not have Sena moves in with her new family Fujimatsu did not give an explanation.

last edited at Dec 25, 2022 6:22AM

Masina
VAMPEERZ discussion 24 Dec 11:05
Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Lol here I was like just now came to check if u wrote something xD no worries btw one question since i cant really read the raws i like saw a glimpse of one page..so.

I dont think its spoiler but anyway Spoiler so dont look down cause I have been trying to blacken it but idk how
EDIT: can someone tell me how to put spoiler ....i tried for 10 mins ..couldnt do it

the ones who were standing on the mountain at the begining while aria was climbing back with others..are they dangerous? Their were 5 of them

No, they were there to arrest Al.

They locked Al up in a hut, then brought her out and sentenced her to death. But she managed to kill the human executioner. Before fleeing with the treasure sword, she swore to everyone that she would sought revenge.
You see, the village followed human law. She did not, so she founded Gika.

last edited at Dec 24, 2022 11:30AM

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

oh no, baby
you don’t bake cookies in the microwave
why would you put them in the microwave?

A mircowave can also have an oven, especially in Japan I heared it's a common thing because lack of space.

Microwave is fine as long as you just want a few, that is, space constraint. If it will be on the plate, it should be on a parchment too. Usually anytime between 30 to 40 seconds. Just keep checking every 5 seconds or so if it is still not ready. If it is too dry, you may want to hydrate it. paper tissue is your friend.

last edited at Dec 24, 2022 9:28AM

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

What ever happened to Sora's mother? Can Sora afford to go to a trade school, work part time, and pay the rent for both of them, unless Ayaka chipped in?

Anyway, this manga is almost like a real life fantasy. I think this is the only manga that I read so far that have the two MOs. publicly show affection with no restraints. Both set of parents know the relationship really early enough that there was never a problem. I was impressed that Sora's mom understood and I think that this is the magic. It took the final panel for me to figure out what the title means.

last edited at Dec 24, 2022 9:20AM