Forum › Posts by Pseudandry

Pseudandry
joined Oct 22, 2020

Thank you to everyone whose effort kept this long series translated for the past decade, right to the end

Pseudandry
joined Oct 22, 2020

The ammonite museum couple is precious and I want to visit now myself!

Pseudandry
joined Oct 22, 2020

does any one know how many more chapters to come ?

Little did they know in 2013...

joined Oct 22, 2020

I'm sorry, but these highschool girls being real into Aerosmith brings me out of it lol. But at the same time, for these weirdos? I can see it.
cute chapter, only wish I had more...

where the hell are you people going to high school that suddenly your high school girls stopped listening to rock? (i graduated in 2021, the grunge freaks are Everywhere)

girls into rock for sure, but the people I knew that were real into rock were more RHCP or Nirvana or maybe The Doors. Aerosmith occupies the "lame dad band" section of my music categorization brain (as opposed to a "cool dad band" like Pink Floyd), and I think that was to some degree the consensus in that crowd.

I think you guys are approaching this from a western, super familiar with them approach. If you hadn't grown up with buttrock radio stations and dads playing them, you wouldn't have that sort of association with the band.

Pseudandry
joined Oct 22, 2020

I don't think I've ever so desperately wanted to see a next chapter

Welp.

I guess I used up my monkey's paw wish with that one

Pseudandry
joined Oct 22, 2020

I don't think I've ever so desperately wanted to see a next chapter

Pseudandry
joined Oct 22, 2020

Dm me on Discord Orange Pekoe#0863, shoot me an email, or give us any contact info (Twitter is fine) to do our due diligence. Thank you.

Edit: Nevermind, it wasn't hard to find. Looking into it now, thanks again!

Okay, to make sure it was fruitdemons on Twitter, thank you

Pseudandry
joined Oct 22, 2020

An artist I follow on twitter is quite upset to see their art being reuploaded here, is there any procedure they could do to get it removed?

joined Oct 22, 2020

Okay the last chapter has me sold with the music store girl acting smooth at school without thinking and the gyaru picking up on the vibes. Also I love when a series is obviously a way for the writer to talk about something a bit niche they enjoy. The style is great too, has a real rock show flyer feeling with the bright green and black and white

Pseudandry
joined Oct 22, 2020

Is this super contrived and convenient? Yep
Do I love it anyway? Also yep

As for all the European saying 'wait is that even legal?' the answer is 'maybe'. If the building needs urgent repair and can't be lived in, that's a just cause for eviction, which the author appears to be invoking with the construction mention. Japanese tenant laws are pretty strong in the matter overall and in spite of how often it comes up in manga, you are supposed to get a half year notice for anything that isn't a few specific urgent cases. They do not, though, have to help you relocate. But let's be honest, the real reason is to justify them moving in together even though the OL has a job and apartment. Wouldn't be surprised if she lost the job somehow too for 'reasons' in a later chapter

last edited at May 1, 2022 4:51PM

Pseudandry
joined Oct 22, 2020

You know I have the terminal gay because when I read this chapter and was confused at first why anyone would assume the first love was a boy.

joined Oct 22, 2020

My prediction is that one dear to her that taught her how to cook was the one who betrayed her. She doesn't remember what she looks like but the reason she gravitated towards the MC was because the MC bears striking resemblance to her (possibly even a reincarnation and/or descendent). That's also where the "I'll never forgive you" comes from. She'll never forgive her old lover for betraying her but can't help but still feel fond memories towards her which she puts on the MC

Almost certainly the case. There's several version of this ghost story but one has it that the wife of her master/lady of the house actually broke the plate and then accused her of it, causing her death. The plate pieces were down the well from where the woman tossed them, making the betrayal especially obvious. Our exorcist looks like this woman if the flashbacks are any indication so yeah, I can see why our ghost can't forgive her, even if she only subconsciously realizes the reason she's drawn to the exorcist.

Pseudandry
joined Oct 22, 2020

can't believe i lived to see tadokoro-san turning into hentai

Given the authors previous works, I'm surprised it took as long as it did. I was quite shocked when I found out what they used to make. Bonnari is the alias they went under. I will warn you. It may ruin the image you have of them. It didn't ruin it for me. People have different tastes, and I can enjoy a work even if the artist draws/drew things that aren't to my liking.

The expressions during sex in all of the Bonnari stuff is just so over the top it's more comedy to me than it is actual hentai. Like, if people thought the sex in Tadokoro-san is a bit over the top, man, that Bonnari stuff is on a whole other level. Also significant amounts of penis without any male characters.

I honestly thought the expressions in Tadokoro-san hinted at a hentai background so I looked it up and god I'm so happy the artist has been so restrained???

Pseudandry
joined Oct 22, 2020

Cigarette Kiss reads like shoujo manga, author?? My dude, what shoujo have we been reading differently?? Though having no preconceptions about what yuri manga are like from reading a lot of yuri is probably why I found a lot of these stories very refreshing in their presentation

Pseudandry
joined Oct 22, 2020

I guess Kageko-san hasn't read any doujin ...

Pseudandry
joined Oct 22, 2020

I was wondering how they were going to portray the masked assassin and I'm very happy, just enough hints about their identity in the future without it screaming out

Pseudandry
joined Oct 22, 2020

I know we're already on the next chapter but I was doing a reread and I just know https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/tadokoro_san_web_comic_ch119#2 is a callback to https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/tadokoro_san_web_comic_ch09#4 in chapter 9!

joined Oct 22, 2020

That's the most dorky possible dating app picture... I kinda want to try that!
This is so sweet and I really got a sense of the characters in such a short story, love it

joined Oct 22, 2020

Finally, the Idiot Couple tag appears
Bless these awkward dummies <3

last edited at Jan 15, 2022 6:29AM

joined Oct 22, 2020

The height gap tag, aka the Nagori Yu tag

joined Oct 22, 2020

Can't stop thinking about that Beware Children sign

joined Oct 22, 2020

Diets are usually a trap since even when they work, you're just gonna gain the weight back if you don't change the rest of your lifestyle to keep your weight where it is afterwards. Diets are designed to make you lose weight, not maintain it; if you stay indefinitely on a diet which works then you'll just slowly kill yourself.

Don't take health advice from Japan, folks xD

They have one of the longest average lifespans of any country. They must be doing something right.

Years ago people were into the Mediterranean diet for the same reason (and that diet is full of fatty oils, btw), people on Crete had crazy long lifespans and it was assumed to be diet related. We now know that past around 85-90, lifespan is genetic and has little to do with lifestyle. Hence stories of 100+ people talking about attributing their long life to unhealthy things as often as healthy stuff. Island genetic isolation has more to do with the Japanese lifespan than anything else

joined Oct 22, 2020

Does this mean she dropped out of high school?

Assuming she ever attended in the first place after middle school. It's not compulsory though it's extremely rare for someone to not go, but given her disability she might not have wanted to attend any more schooling than absolutely required.

joined Oct 22, 2020

Aaah, I love everyone's dynamic! They're all such good characters, I never thought I'd like everyone in the story, but here we are. I was assuming the contest would mean this would be wrapping up next chapter or so, but with the sister arriving now I'm not sure what's going to occur

joined Oct 22, 2020

I feel dumb not reading this for so long because I thought it was a comic about playing Blues music....

last edited at May 5, 2021 11:47AM