105815757_p1

Typical saiyan flirting.

Kiana
Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

"I'm not a tsundere!" -A tsundere

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Alright, so she's not quite figured it out yet. But she's not entirely off base, either.

And I wholly expect this to culminate in the emperor dramatically revealing to her that she's not a man... only to be met with "Oh, is that all? Pants off."

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Yu Dingdang doesn't bat an eye that they're both girls in that scroll, huh? Is this going to be one of those things where it turns out she knew all along that her "husband" is a woman?

And takes it as a sign to immediately pounce. Methinks the title is a deception.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Holy shit, Tan Tailan is smooth af. Got my heart racing!

World speedrun record, I think. General wastes no time.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

All I'm seeing is (honorary-)Aunt Wingman sharing valuable perspective. (And the answer is 'yes', duh.)

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

the seagull on the very last panel "so it's my fault now?" lol

never thought birds could be a possible romantic rival now.

[gestures towards Hatoful Boyfriend]

Kiana
Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

They detected gay inside her. Jokes aside, this was a lot but also not much really. Not that I mind, but Umika declaring that she'd conquer the universe for Yuu was amazing.

Agreed completely.

Kiana
Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Wow, sensei is getting zero respect lately...

And I'm counting page 11 as a confession. Marriage on the horizon, folks.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Wonder what her playlist is going to be??

I wonder if it'll be full of love songs~

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

For example, I have a few strictly lesbian acquaintances IRL who have been really confused and kind of distressed about being attracted to specific men, only for those “men” to later turn out to be trans women.

Back in highschool, I dated an outspoken lesbian who rather bluntly told me that she wanted to date me as an experiment to see if she was bi... She was the first person IRL that I came out to as a transwoman.

We eventually broke up because I was in no mental state to be a relationship (cyclical anxiety and depression is not a fun time) and I was also realizing that I'm ace, so uh... compatibility issues. But we remained really good friends. In hindsight, I really needed an assertive extroverted friend to drag me around to things I wanted to do, but was too afraid or defeatist to do. She knew just how hard to push.

...I lost contact with her after highschool when she shipped out with the national guard. One of the biggest regrets of my life.

Kiana
Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Gotta love goggle's practicality, coming equipped to bonk the horny. But then she leaves...

that's def the kissiest forehead touchie so far. just hecking smooch already

^

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020
Blueribbs-1698878909662511490-img1

I don't even play Guilty Gear, but I'll ship this ship like a whole darn fleet.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020
Marshukitty-1708688621320949826-img1%20(1)

No worries, I wasn't offended or anything. My brain just goes into ramble mode when early morning posting.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020
Marshukitty-1708688621320949826-img1%20(1)

Being gay is normal, though...

Now I'm reminded of a fan project I worked on a few years back, where the leader of the Normal gym was a transwoman. And very good friends with the Poison gym leader, who ran a pharmacy on the side. (The Rock gym leader basically ran Jurassic Park: Pokemon Edition.)

...Crazy how memories work sometimes.

Kiana
J<->M discussion 10 Sep 13:14
Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

The fried tofu offering oh my god

That part was actually funny. It's a hilarious misunderstanding that leads to the ridiculous chuuni-channeling moment. Great fun. It's just a shame everything surrounding it... isn't.

Chubby kid (can't recall his name) has been kind of one note, but it's a great note for a comedic support character.

Kiana
J<->M discussion 10 Sep 05:26
Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

On the bright side, the chuuni streak pays off.

And while I'm not one to condone corporal punishment, well... Assholes that try to assault children need to learn very severe lessons, and a broken arm or leg is a very effective lesson for not getting violent. And they're middle schoolers, so they're definitely old enough to know that pulling a weapon is not a good call. (Obviously, this is all set up so J is still heroic while beating children, but fact remains...)

This idea of young boys bullying and harrassing girls they like being a funny ha ha ha moment in Japan has to die.
He bullied her enough that she never want to go back to school again and despite the author trying to make a redemption arc for him I'm not warming up to that brat anytime soon until he bend his ass over to the kid.

Not just limited to Japan. That shit needs to die everywhere. And I'm with you: No free pass. He better actually learn a lesson in not being an asshole and make a dedicated effort to change.

The whole "oh he secretly likes her" thing is just... not funny. Or lighthearted. I've been in too many domestic abuse situations (on the receiving end and as a witness) to ever find "he does it because he likes you" tolerable. I remember liking Ranma 1/2 quite a lot, but the constant Akane-hits-Ranma "comedy" is what keeps me from ever revisiting it, or series like it...

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

I'm I crazy to say I think genderbending does not always =trans...?

You are not. That venn diagram has quite a bit of overlap, but is most definitely not a single circle. (And I'm saying that as someone that's openly trans, for context.)

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

This magazine is smart to tap into the (mostly ignored) demographic of closeted trans women who read a lot of shounen manga lol

Suddenly reminded of my high school reading habits. (Why yes, I was very invested in Ranma 1/2 back in the day...)

I wasn't joking about the estrogen = love metaphor btw, quite a few girlies I've spoken to have described going on estrogen as something similar to how Hodaka described how beautiful the world is to him now.

I didn't realize I was depressed until that veil got lifted, then suddenly life felt worth living for the first time I could recall. And while the setup makes it sound like Hodaka may not have been depressed, the ennui described is comparable.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Oh no everyone she kisses turns into a beautiful girl, what a terrible curse

Open kissing booth. Make bank.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020
Mil17459623-1695564914973118961-img1

D'aww, pouty protective girlfriend.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Running off to google the butterfly... That resonates.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Ok I'm sorry y'all I know everyone is going to hate me but this manga is undeniably cringe

It's not undeniable. But I don't hate you; I just think you're wrong.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Oosawa going "I shouldn't talk about love." shows she learnt her lesson from the first chapters

Translation: "I don't want to brag about my awesome girlfriend."

Kiana
J<->M discussion 23 Aug 13:52
Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Kinda hoping the mom turns out to be a secret mob boss or something now...