Forum › Posts by JGChaves

joined Jun 3, 2020

I wish there were more characters in Yuri manga like Astalotte.

"Are they fighting? I know, let's just have a threesome!"

joined Jun 3, 2020

Now I'm left wishing there was an arc about the royals from all those countries coming to the same party just so we could see how they look like. I mean, come on, there is a penguin country in this world? We need to visit that or ask them to visit us!

joined Jun 3, 2020

Is there anyone else here who thought "they look just like the girls from Oregairu" when they saw the main couple? Because comments everywhere are making this comparison now that the anime was announced and I feel like the odd one out because I never thought that while reading the manga.

joined Jun 3, 2020

Hylarn posted:

But my God, I hope the climax isn't with Manaria

I'd expect them to do the entire Kingdom arc?

I think "I won't say goodbye" could be a good end for a 12 episode anime, that's 20 manga episodes

I'd say it's highly unlikely that only the first novel will be adapted.

Why? It took four manga volumes to cover Volume 1, and Volume 2 is a bit longer. If they tried to cover both volumes it would be a super rushed anime. People seem to forget that A) The volumes of this LN are pretty big and B) The very dry and "straight to the point" writing style means there is more story to adapt in 10 pages here than in 10 pages of your usual LN.

JGChaves
joined Jun 3, 2020

Funny that this would come out the same day as the latest chapter of Kanojo mo Kanojo, because the stuff that was said in that manga is actually pretty in-sync with what's happening in this one, despite the two works having totally different moods.

Also, I think Kanojo mo Kanojo is talking about the harem genre rather than real poly relationships, but it still hasn't ended so I'm waiting to see.

joined Jun 3, 2020

I wish the anime got a second season... Akari Kitou would get to compensate for her role as Nezuko in Demon Slayer and then some.

JGChaves
joined Jun 3, 2020

Was this really chapter 6? Looked more like an extra chapter from the compiled volume...

joined Jun 3, 2020

Tarumi is this series's equivalent to Sayaka from Bloom Into You. You end up loving the character and you want them to get their happiness too, but you know it isn't going to be with the one they want.

Well, the author of the AdaShima novels also wrote Sayaka's spin-off, so the two series are sort of related.

joined Jun 3, 2020

the manga adaptation is glacially slow lmao we're not even halfway through the first light novel

Actually it already finished volume 1. The translation is what's way behind, likely because they were waiting for the complete volume to be released so they could use the uncensored pages.

JGChaves
joined Jun 3, 2020

Of course their first kiss would happen when one of them has blood on her mouth! It really captures the essence of their relationship.

joined Jun 3, 2020

Meanwhile, in Japan its popularity continues to grow. It is currently the best-selling manga of the entire magazine.

Japan also constantly votes Bakugo as the best MHA character, there's no accounting for tastes.

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's bad.

The corollary for that is just because a lot of people like something it doesn't mean it's good.

True, true. So can we all just agree to like the things we like and leave those who don't like it alone?

JGChaves
joined Jun 3, 2020

If this series was more popular, Miku's face in page 11 would be instant meme material

JGChaves
joined Jun 3, 2020

Hey, will the raws of the last chapter be available for free in two weeks like usual?

joined Jun 3, 2020

Yeah I skipped her dialogue too, you know it's gonna be some bitch talk that you're better off not knowing (and the rest of her band doesn't react)

What? Her bandmates are literally covering her mouth now to stop her from talking.

joined Jun 3, 2020

I would like to start reading the novels soon. Could somebody tell me where we are regarding the novels? The manga is currently adapting the second volume?

I would like to read them from the start, but I'm still curious to know where we are regarding the manga adaptation!

The manga is about to finish the first volume of the Light Novel (which covers the first three arcs of the Web Novel).

JGChaves
joined Jun 3, 2020

So this was a sequel to Lily System all along?

JGChaves
joined Jun 3, 2020

Not sure if this manga will deliver it, but if you guys just want some selfcest yuri, check out the latest chapter of Ayakashi Triangle.

JGChaves
joined Jun 3, 2020

I don't know if it was intentional, but waiting to release two chapters at once instead of one at a time was a great idea, at least for this particular pair of chapters.

joined Jun 3, 2020

So, a non-hentai version of Kiss Me! Vampire Girls, huh? Sounds interesting. Subscribed.

JGChaves
joined Jun 3, 2020

Fun fact: the next chapter, under paylock until January 9, is titled "Sandwiched between Nanasawa".

last edited at Dec 30, 2021 8:53PM

JGChaves
joined Jun 3, 2020

Okay so no one in the story finds it super weird that a random 26 year old woman is lurking around a group of 16 year old girls on camp. The plot is just nonsensical

She is not "lurking around". She was invited by one of them.

JGChaves
joined Jun 3, 2020

Meta Twist! We were all waiting to see how would Chikane screw-up this time, but it was actually Himeko all along!

JGChaves
joined Jun 3, 2020

For a moment there I thought Nanasawa was going to comment on how Seto was acting like her older self. Am I the only one who thought our MC is rubbing off on senpai?

joined Jun 3, 2020

I have to point out this is canon. Not the doujin itself, but the title. Yoko Hikasa (Maria's VA) confirmed in a interview that Maria is interested in Tsubasa and is annoyed that the latter won't touch her.

JGChaves
joined Jun 3, 2020

I was about to to provide a link to the Refuge in Audacity page in Tv Tropes, but then I realized that would be silly. Refuge in Audacity is for shy people and introverts. The MC knows what being bold truly is about.