Forum › Posts by akita

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

Ok, I really loved this at first, but now it feels like it doesn't go anywhere. It looks like we've been stuck on the "le epic misunderstood" arc forever and the addition of more uninteresting characters doesn't help.
I'm way more interested on the mistery of the girl's cause of death, also I'd like to see more of her band partners.
I hope to this one can keep me interested since the premise is so good, but so far, I'm afrad I'll drop it in a couple of chapters or even less

Wdym it feels like "it's not going anywhere" and addition of "more uninteresting characters"? Horimitsu and Micchi, who both can see ghosts, has just met and are now on speaking terms. Horimitsu can physically touch Aizawa, who's supposedly a ghost.

There's still some things to cover before we find any answers as to what happened with Aizawa. There's Micchi's childhood and those marks around the schools which is being reminded by this chapter.

If it turns out she's not actually dead, not a totally unreasonable prediction given how different she is from every other ghost in the manga so far, that has some potentially quite dark implications...

Like she got targetted by some kind of cult that uses ritualistic marks to imprison ghosts?

last edited at Jun 14, 2023 10:43PM

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

What a massive pain in the butt and an idiot. I hope Ayaka ends up with Risa for real, like seriously. It should be.

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

Anyone read the shutter sound as PANS? lol

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

This is nice. :3

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

I'm late to the party but I finally faced those... tags.

Eri seems to me like a calculated person. In chapter 1 when she said yes to Kyou, it's not because she likes him back but because she thinks Fuyuki likes him. Author made it a point to show Fuyuki's warm relationship with Kyou--him relaxing at her house, her watching that scary movie because he lent it to her, him easily agreeing to Fuyuki in that map discussion--all in chapter 1 and involves Eri being there. Eri wasn't even happy when she said yes to Kyou at the end.

In chapter 2 and 3, it's quite apparent that Eri has some feelings for Fuyuki. She wasn't lying when she said that she's having the most fun watching a boring film when she's with Fuyu or that the latter is her most important person even when she's dating someone. She's even attentive to Fuyu's likes or what she has to say.

In chapter 3, we see a bit more of their thought processes when it comes to each other.
For Eri's, it started when they were younger with her sharing all about her dating activities to goad Fuyuki for some sort of reaction--to give a hint of where she's at in Fuyu's heart--but the latter would never falter in her support or reassurance of her instead. She didn't immediately share about Kyou because she feared that Fuyu would be angry enough to cut off their relationship, which she feared the most. As for why she said yes to Kyou instead, she could've feared what would happen if she rejected him, as he could very well aim for his other friend instead which he seems closer with.

Meanwhile, Fuyuki's thought process towards Eri was to always support and reassure her; and to never show any hint of jealousy, not even when Eri was asking her if she'll ever get lonely if she starts dating.

TL;DR Eri is a calculated person who would do anything for Fuyuki not to be with someone else while Fuyuki is a selfless person who would do anything for Eri not to hate her. They both think they're in the friendzone, that's their mistake.

Honestly though, I would very much like for Fuyuki to date her senpai and to be extra open about it towards Eri, just to give the latter a taste of her own medicine. Since Eri never knew about senpai's existence, the latter's not accounted for in her equation so all the more reason to look forward to senpai's future performance.

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

Wait they're high schoolers, that movie is def R18.

Somebody made a mistake when they tagged this manga with Gyaru, just that. They should have tagged it with Tomboy instead.

Eh, not sure if I can tag this as Tomboy though. Her fashion is from a music subculture e.g. goths/punks/alts/etc. and those are different from the tag.

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

Just finished reading from last month's chapters. They're all goof, every one is misunderstanding every one, a classic trope multiplied by 5! It's nice how it turned up though, and that Kimura has the patience and talent to read Hiyama like a book.

Nice to see MC knows how to handle such a useless lesbian

Tbf Hiyama is anything but useless, she's just reeaaaaaaaally bad at reading the room and receiving love back.

last edited at Jun 4, 2023 6:11PM

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

Author-san taking the useless lesbian trope too seriously..

akita
Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020
Mirror

^two toothbrushes would mean they're living together.

akita
Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

How will this play out? (⁠╬⁠☉⁠д⁠⊙⁠)⁠⊰⁠⊹ฺ

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

Is it just me or was that "prince" the least convincing cross-dresser ever? Like, they still looked 100% like a girl in their supposedly male gear.

A commenter has said it, the emperor has no clothes as in every one around the princess is only pretending because they're afraid of getting punched or cancelled. But for real, there should be a story behind that anyway.

But given that in-universe the heroine seems to be surprised I guess it was meant to be fooling people, if not deliberately then at least accidentally.

It could be that she wasn't aware of how she's being perceived and that the prince getup is merely that--a costume for her to wear sometimes because she has the title of 'prince'. This showed when she didn't even hesitate in trying to tell Ev that she was the 'prince' while not in her prince costume.

last edited at May 26, 2023 3:45AM

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

I've noticed this from other manga as well, but do japanese women have a choice in staying to work after they get married or are they discouraged? At the rate the world is getting in now, a single earner in a family household is not enough. Also, japan has a high divorce rate so this is crippling for the woman just in case.

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

Nice chapter. If Hiroko does another mental gymnastics, I can't anymore with her.

akita
Ma Chérie discussion 21 May 07:10
Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

Aww that's so cute. :3

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

Just passing by on this latest chapter to see what's up with the story since I last saw it's first chapter, and woah tf kind of cringe is this.

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

Series? I can't find anything when I search for it

I think they're talking about the anthology this one-shot is part of

Oh man, went to comments for this.

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

Sayaka is an instant favorite!! What an adorable innocent girl, I just want to pinch her cheeks whenever she sparkles. Her lack of awareness about her charm and ability is too cute.

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

I read maybe 15% of that. It was boring and cringe like the other commenter said.

I tried liking this one even with the existence of a bi tag with it's poor history in yuri since the artwork and first chapter was great. But it seems very apparent that the author doesn't know what to do with the given assignment.

last edited at May 19, 2023 4:18AM

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

Ok. Now you have me curious. Is there an English version anywhere?

It's in english on their int'l app.

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

I can see how blondie can be seen as straight. It's like her wanting to talk about fashion with another woman.

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

Gawd these two potato heads. (⁠ ⁠ꈍ⁠ᴗ⁠ꈍ⁠)

blessed be whatever deity created useful lesbians.

A useful lesbian got me my first and last gf, it's been 9 years now and several years of crushing on this then taken campus girl crush who coincidentally followed my inactive IG on NY Day 2021 after her being a few years single from a long term lesbian relationship; and who's been checking out 99% of my IG stories posted sparingly for her 'cause we don't really talk online nor did we ever had a convo IRL, just her saying hi or goodbye insert name back then so I'm not sure if it's mutual.

last edited at May 3, 2023 2:18AM

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

I pressed next and went to another manga, had to press back to check and press next again. ಠ⁠︵⁠ಠ

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

This assassin really is a sinner but if the topic is sins I don't think homosexuality is what she should be worried about, I'd be more concerned about the grooming if I was her.

Tbf it was the girl who was thinking of her dad's views on homosexuality but yeah, she doesn't recognize that she's being groomed. Meanwhile assassin thinks she's not allowed to love because of her sins of killing people. And since the Church doesn't consider grooming a sin, they could care less about that. ╮⁠(⁠^⁠▽⁠^⁠)⁠╭

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

It was severely disappointing to learn that it was a oneshot so this serialization is very much appreciated. Yey

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

Finally continued reading it after the confusing versions and I actually liked the direction it took. Nice job from the author. I agree with Mizushima, it's quite vexing but I guess Hiyama needs to also taste her own medicine.