Forum › Posts by arch99

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Oh honey, poor baby. Anyway I'm rooting for polyamory, though I know it's never happening.

With this random character just introduced that we know almost nothing about? But why?

...Because I like polyamory? Why do people root for yuri between 2 side characters that barely interact in other manga? Because they like yuri. It's not exactly complicated.

Well, I think two side characters together is a bit different than two main characters with a side character. Anyway I was simply curious, you do you.

Okay, then shipping the female lead of a het romance with a female side character because you like yuri.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Oh honey, poor baby. Anyway I'm rooting for polyamory, though I know it's never happening.

With this random character just introduced that we know almost nothing about? But why?

...Because I like polyamory? Why do people root for yuri between 2 side characters that barely interact in other manga? Because they like yuri. It's not exactly complicated.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

I haven't finished this work, but as I was reading Chapter 32 (Vol. 7), i couldn't help but wonder about why Kurokawa has trouble with other people and doesn't seem to understand when she likes or dislikes something... I suspect she may have low-spectrum autism of some sort. This is just an idea I had, and it probably isn't true, but my younger brother has low-spectrum, and he's very similar to her in many ways (maybe despite being good at sports, as everyone in our family has terrible asthma...), so I just thought that could be the culprit. Someone who's finished the whole series, I would deeply appreciate it if you could tell me if you think/know whether this idea was good, or true even!! Thank you very much!!

Oh autistic Kurokawa is a fucking amazing headcanon, thank you. I definitely like that, she reminds me of some of those traits in myself too in a lot of ways - I appreciate this a lot.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Reupload confused me so bad, I was just like... huh, I recognize these characters - oh.

Anyway, I don't think the boi is horrible, but immediately outing 2 people to a bunch of other people and making them gossip, especially in a homophobic society, kinda sucks.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Inko-Sensei was her online name, Kageko is her first name.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Oh my, that teddy bear is clearly enjoying the view.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/an_easy_introduction_to_love_triangles_to_pass_the_exam_ch01#41

Isn't that the same teddy here? https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/an_easy_introduction_to_love_triangles_to_pass_the_exam_ch01#46

Oh good spot - what do you think the odds are that keychain is a present from our MC?

You missed one btw https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/an_easy_introduction_to_love_triangles_to_pass_the_exam_ch01#45

okay so it's not a present from our mc, it's a present between those two.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Oh my, that teddy bear is clearly enjoying the view.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/an_easy_introduction_to_love_triangles_to_pass_the_exam_ch01#41

Isn't that the same teddy here? https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/an_easy_introduction_to_love_triangles_to_pass_the_exam_ch01#46

Oh good spot - what do you think the odds are that keychain is a present from our MC?

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Hey, does anyone know Grail's address on discord? S/he seems really cool, and I want to get ahold of them to acquire The Friendship (or at least try).

Two things, the first is that 'they' is an easier and more inclusive third person pronoun for someone you don't know the gender of, and the second is that that's really information you should only get through the person themselves or with their permission.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Edit: Also, presumably it was a post in here, considering the location of Pekoe's message

Or maybe because BV frequents this forum, Pekoe thought that the best place to contact BV is here

Naw it was here, I remembered the one in here it was and it's not there anymore.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Actually no, it means that I'm an idiot.

The Japanese title is 六月の雪深し (Rokugatsu no Yuki Fukashi), which means "The June Snow is Deep"; I mistakenly read it as 六月の雪探し (Rokugatsu no Yuki Sagashi) because the two characters look the same except for their radical.

So I'll have to fix that.

Ah, so rather saying she was trying to do something very unlikely, it's saying that unlikely things are happening everywhere around. Good job noticing tho! Thank you so much for translating this!!! I'm so excited

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

I'm officially a fan! I love the development. ❤️

It's pretty good, even with the dubious parts, but I have a feeling that's all going to be settled sooner or later. They keep deliberately skipping around on everything that happened with them in the beginning, and I feel like there's a reason for it.

I mean, i think part of the reason has been shown - it was Kozuka-san who was largely initiating it, or at least partially doing so - though only after the landlord's offer, and the landlord still should have declined with her being drunk.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

she is evolving at a speed we didn't think possible. we thought we could contain her...now, we are all sons of bitches

Tho I am, not everyone is. About half of the people here are daughters of bitches.

A not-insubstantial amount are gender neutral children of bitches.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

@BV

I removed one of your posts. No ill will, feel free to DM me on Discord Orange Pekoe #0863 if you don't understand my reasoning. Take care.

Even though I wanna know a) which post even was it? and b) the reasoning behind it? asking over Discord is gonna be kinda difficult, since, y'know, ever since my grandma got really sick almost 3 months ago (she's still sick to this day) I've lost access to the only device I had a Discord account active... Maybe I should open a new account?

You could also log in to the same account on a new device?

Edit: Also, presumably it was a post in here, considering the location of Pekoe's message

last edited at Feb 4, 2020 1:26PM

arch99
Nagori Yu discussion 04 Feb 12:41
Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

I hear something of a story involving a shy girl named Ema with a whole harem of tall powerful women by this author - anyone know if there's plans to translate that that sounds amazing

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

That's kind of just life. Trying really hard at something doesn't mean you'll succeed, and to pick yourself back up again afterwards is incredibly important. Also high school sports kinda don't matter in the grand scheme of things. And, the reason you feel like the gardening club deserves space more than the tennis club deserves a court is because that's the characters that we followed. It's about framing. If the story was framed as one following the tennis club and their attempts to get somewhere they can actually practice properly, and the lazy gardening club that keeps not turning in their forms and has almost no members was the opponent, you'd feel the other way.

well thank you my shitty life has already told me that. making effort in real life is indeed pointless. i just didn't want to be reminded of that in a manga this is already frustrating enough IRL thank you . for the gardening club what makes me mad is that if it wasn't for this bitch towako the gardening club would have had more members and wouldn't have been seen as the "lazy gardening club" again the tennis club already had a place to train they just didn't want to share, for that they just unfairly ruined the gardening club who is left with absolutly nothing (if you call this excuse of a place the student council gave them "something"i find it almost insulting) well nevermind i just want to forget about those depressing chapters.

I sure as hell didn't say making effort in real life was pointless, and it wasn't pointless in the manga. She made effort because she wanted to compete, and she's happy having done so, even though she lost, very explicitly. Sounds like you're just in a shitty mood and mad at fictional characters right now so whatever, rant away, I just don't know what you want to get out of this.

arch99
Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Going by Comprehensive Tovarisch, the side characters are going to end up getting together themselves at some point anyways, which I'm personally looking forward to.

Or like, the previous version of this work, in which case they also did. Like, we've already seen these side characters get together.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

That's kind of just life. Trying really hard at something doesn't mean you'll succeed, and to pick yourself back up again afterwards is incredibly important. Also high school sports kinda don't matter in the grand scheme of things. And, the reason you feel like the gardening club deserves space more than the tennis club deserves a court is because that's the characters that we followed. It's about framing. If the story was framed as one following the tennis club and their attempts to get somewhere they can actually practice properly, and the lazy gardening club that keeps not turning in their forms and has almost no members was the opponent, you'd feel the other way.

arch99
Polyamory discussion 04 Feb 00:19
Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

We really are blessed right now with polyamory manga. Up from literally just a few different smut works, 3 chapters in AnoKiss, and Iono the Fanatics a few years ago to Luminous=Blue, Canno's new Triangle one, and Weird Voices Next Door all having been translated in recent history. Things are doing well.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Hm, subpar consent again in ch3, but ch4 was looking fucking good. It's definitely heading the polyamory direction I think, if they don't keep having shitty consent that makes me feel kinda uncomfortable I forsee being very happy with this overall.

Just one more major chapter to be unhappy with and that should die down mostly, I promise!

Gosh, thank you! and thank you for scanlating all this, these are pretty excellent translations (and typesetting and the other things involved) for your first time, I wouldn't have believed it.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Hm, subpar consent again in ch3, but ch4 was looking fucking good. It's definitely heading the polyamory direction I think, if they don't keep having shitty consent that makes me feel kinda uncomfortable I forsee being very happy with this overall.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Yes? That's why I suggested negating the Age gap tag

Ah, I didn't realize that was a minus, I thought you were just separating the tags.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Is there any same age yuri manga with a height gap over 30 centimeters?

Longrunning idk about, but there's always stuff like https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_foreigner_and_the_insensitive_tomboy as a oneshot. Oh I bet some of the stuff tagged lolicon + older than she looks is but I do not look at the lolicon tag at all.

Older than she looks -Age gap is probably a better bet. 30 cm is pretty extreme, though

They asked for same age specifically.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Is there any same age yuri manga with a height gap over 30 centimeters?

Longrunning idk about, but there's always stuff like https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_foreigner_and_the_insensitive_tomboy as a oneshot. Oh I bet some of the stuff tagged lolicon + older than she looks is but I do not look at the lolicon tag at all.

arch99
Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

There's a what manga do you want animated poll with Tadokoro-san as an option. I'm just gonna link the comment in another thread. https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/544779 Tadokoro-san is #62 on that list. I think this manga would work great animated, so I'd love if it would have a chance.