Forum › Posts by Karretch

Karretch
The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

It's Xmas in July!

joined Jul 28, 2019

Btw, between Satuski and Prez, Id take prez side. But both are extremes, making this argument a bit unreasonable.
Id take his side simply because his moral code has more potential.

I side more with Satsuki, a life is a life. No matter how vile a person is they have a right to live and murdering them in cold blood (either via Jigsaw style traps or execution) makes us just as bad or even potentially worse as we’re inflicting the same thing or worse onto someone as a twisted punishment.
And because I know someone will point this out (not you specifically, but there are always people who try) self-defence is acceptable because you are actively defending yourself from a hostile aggressor(s), whereas what the school president is doing is cold blooded murder in retaliation to a lesser crime.
Basically the Victorian ethos of “men are not hanged for stealing horses, but so that horses may not be stolen”. I:E let’s inflict cruelty on those we don’t understand or wish to so they’ll obey/leave us alone.

Amen. The prez has many loose screws, he is not someone to side with.

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019

Tsuzuki's a good bean. She saw Kashiwai's feelings after asking the question, saw the affection and conflict both together, then realized Kashiwai needed to process things after the hectic day they had instead of being pulled into a situation that could upset her more.

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019
Agu_knzm-1481960238043779078-img1

Now that the other series has been introduced, we can safely say this isn't Aya and Mitsuki but Akira and Utako.

joined Jul 28, 2019

Hmmmm the description says slutty but I’m getting the vibe that Utako is gonna be the “committed” one in the relationship which is a nice subversion to how the bisexual tag always ends up with the player tag

Hmmmm the description does not say slutty. If you mean the "can't settle down" part, I think it's meant in a more literal sense. Like, she can't be in one place for a long time, so she travels from country to country.

Page 21, at the bottom, right next to "Rough mannered" is the description "Slutty"

joined Jul 28, 2019

I like the panels highlighting fashion in this manga. The clothing designs are strong and well-suited for each personality, though it may strain credibility that every one of these college students has this much breadth in their wardrobe.

The old spirit was so minimalist that I felt something was off from the start. A spirit inspiring perseverance and mindful presence in nature is interesting, but she's still a liar. Guess that's her form of entertainment.

A liar? How so, as I don't see it.

joined Jul 28, 2019

At this point it would’ve been easier to tell Elsa about the villainess system than break both of your hearts with this lie.

Tell Elsa what? That she hears voices that tell her to hurt others and she does as they say?

Would there even be mental hospitals at their time which is like set in a medieval setting I presume?

With the carriages, the clothes, and school setting (despite being game), I'd hazard it's late Gregorian/Early Victorian, and sanitoriums were very much a thing. Take your crazies (whether actually crazy or not), and huck them all in one place and forget about them.

joined Jul 28, 2019

Due to the resolution, can/has anyone translated the mirrored Latin on page 18?

Edit: Also possibly the same text (also mirrored Latin) on page 48

last edited at May 31, 2022 8:55PM

joined Jul 28, 2019

Yessssssss. The push we needed for progress.

As to the comments about not liking the side characters taking over, it was 2 chapters for the twins that were used directly to push the plot along.

As I've seen it, the "side character chapters" are the vessel used to make the two mains come together. Yoshioka and Watanabe are always in them, interacting with these characters, and gaining insight of themselves from these interactions. Could it be done better? Sure, but it's not focusing on the side characters to the detriment of the main couple, try and look at the bigger picture than just the focused lens.

last edited at May 28, 2022 8:14AM

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019

Wondering how the girl with the super obvious crush is going to play into the story, being a footnote, side-line, or actually have some influence/outcome.

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019
R3dfive_artist-1522908020098977796-img1

I can't help but notice how wrong Domino's butt looks. Legit detracting from the rest being good.

joined Jul 28, 2019

Hrm... this unicorn seems familiar...

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019

I dont really share the sentiment with the other comments. This seems entirely wholesome. None of them have agreed to date yet, and miku clearly has no problems going along with the other girl, Kyoko has no reason to oppose two consenting parties if she's not jealous, it just feels like their pushing her into a corner to admit her feelings more than anything, I haven't seen anything sinister in this chapter so far

It's not that it's sinister, just they are being jerks and pulling her every which way to force her to come out. There are better ways to do it than this. I swear, all three are in an elaborate scheme together just to get her to confess.

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019

Idk why, but something about how sweet that is made my eyes wet. Not full on tears, but definitely triggered moisture. Good on Saaya for recognizing the importance Lily has in Sakura's life.

joined Jul 28, 2019

If you go back to Chapter One, and you see the page where you see the gears breaking apart and that Komachi head disappearing, maybe it led to the consequences we see now. Maybe Komachi should have died then. Not to mention the fact that she looked suspicious to me from the beginning

god, I'd really like it if it ends up being something as simple as "Komachi should've died because she's going to start killing people" and now because she's not dead herself she's killing people or at least attempting to, and there's no real fate or anything at play Komachi is just the kind of person who'd start killing people sooner or later and that freak accident could have saved everyone a lot of trouble

From all the stuff I've heard about serial killers, that's basically it. Maybe not full-on serial, but she's got a few similarities going on there.

joined Jul 28, 2019

Calling it now, both are actual true reincarnations of hero and evil lord. But through the modern world tech, conveniences/distractions, and power of love (family or not), dark lord doesnt become evil again despite plans to use her/return her power.

joined Jul 28, 2019

Ok, so, maybe my hypothesis about Mizushima being into Hiyama might not be on the money. But there's definitely the "not paying attention to Kimura" aspect going on from him

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019

To be fair, the other girl ALSO does not seem as interested in their marriage as one might expect, and I do believe she loves her fiance quite a lot.

HOL' UP! This sentence just made me realize why she's getting married. She's getting married to feed into Fukunaga's jealousy thing. Maybe Hiroki really does want the marriage, but I'm expecting this to be a planned thing from the two to benefit the other.

joined Jul 28, 2019

I've been thinking about the first chapter's roof scene for a week now, trying to remember what it was, then we get these releases and am glad that itch is scratched!

joined Jul 28, 2019

God, this wrecked me. The realization that we've had a big time skip, then the farewell to Iris because she knows what's coming, then she's walking home gathering apples like the first chapter and drops one and it rolls down like the first chapter and oh god she buried Lily where they met and then she collapses on her grave and the rings come out like her missing arm is reaching for Lily and then she dies, right there, right then. And there are flowers on the grave which means Iris still comes to visit, which means Iris is going to find her aaaaaaaaa

Excuse me, I just have to go crawl into a blanket and sob for 4 hours.

She didn't gather any apples on her final walk. That was all flashback. Heath was just looking fondly at the tree as she remembered her and Lily's first meeting.

joined Jul 28, 2019

Oh fuck, ugh that hurt to read, you literally watch the life drain from her body

"Literally" is right. Her hair changed color from the stress. It's now canon (in my eye, at least) she doesn't bleach-dye her hair, but it's stress bleached to have no color.

last edited at Mar 22, 2022 7:09AM

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019

Black owl was obvious, but was there a white owl this chapter?

joined Jul 28, 2019

So the guy's definitely gay, right?

My hypothesis, by the way he greets Hiyama and how Hiyama says Kimura isn't on his radar, is that Mizushima is into Hiyama to make a true love triangle (H > K > M > H) and Hiyama knows, maybe due to a confession before the story started.

joined Jul 28, 2019

There's no way they're introducing a new love interest for Ari right?

Doubt it will be a love interest, but god knows I would love to see someone that helps her move on.

^ This. Ari is in an ok place, as far as things go, but having someone new to be with, even if just platonically, will always be a help.

joined Jul 28, 2019

Oh no, I don’t see how trying to butter up the princely girl is going to end well. I feel like Lan Sha is gonna get jealous and it’s gonna be a messy love triangle. I’m so worried that prince girl will end up being super possessive of her or something

While it could be messy if the cards aren't played right, and lines cross and messages mix, swaying Luo Yuan to her side from the prince's would be a benefit.