Forum › Posts by Jeanne Mathison

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

There is also one detail from the beginning, when Yuni chan slapped Fuuko, and Fuuko says:

"Compared to the kiss we had, or to the kiss THEY had, I definitely felt more honesty and passion from Yuni-chan's slap"

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_girlfriends_not_here_today_ch06#30

Fuuko saw their kiss and took the pic. She noticed a lack of passion between Nanase and Yuni. It gave her the additional reason to act and start to conquer Yuni.

There is also a situation when Yuni had sex with Fuuko, and she is rubbing and touching her and she compares how she felt Nanase and Fuuko separately.
Nanase was toned, and Fuuko soft (to touch, but there is a possibility that it was about their characters too, one rigid and closed, one soft and open)

Yeah, Nanase is very stiff and strict, not so generous to touch Yuni.
And Fuuko is very open to touch her.

Reading again all these old chapters, the problem with Nanase is transparently obvious, isn't it?

The teen years are a time of lust and passion. Fuuko acts like a typical teenager in love: she wants to touch her loved one and do sexual things. Nanase? The only thing she wants to touch are volleyballs. Where's her libido?

And...we should not forget that Fuuko did not answer Yuni why she loves her, they were interrupted by forceful entrance of Nanase.
She literally entered, grabbed Yuni like her possession (and Yuni liked it!) and took her away from Fuuko.

I wanted to hear the answer so badly... but I guess the writer wants to keep us in suspense lol. It most certainly is an important plot point.

There are situations left open, there was no real closure between Yuni and Fuuko.

This is probably what bothered me the most in this chapter. Yuni acted as if Fuuko wasn't there. Even if she decided to follow Nanase, she shouldn't have ignored her like that. It really made me mad. >:L But the writer herself admitted that Yuni was "everything annoying in a woman" rolled together, so this kind of attitude comes as no surprise.

And there is real question how the sex between Yuni and Nanase will happen and what it will look like?
Is Nanase capable to give Yuni the passion she needs?
Can it change "overnight" from complete disinterest by Nanase into mindblowing sexual passion between them?

If I'm reading the story right, Nanase hasn't even gotten the point yet lol. Right now she's thinking everything will be fixed with more attention, dates, gifts and compliments. She still doesn't understand Yuni's frustration at all.

It would be great from author to show us more "skin to skin" events between Yuni and Nanase, that we can complete the pic.
There were only vague flashbacks of sexual exchanges between Nanase and Yuni and not so passionate kiss exchanges. Really not much physical contacts between them.

Nanase never initiates anything (she doesn't seem to have a sex drive even though she's at the age of adolescence) and Yuni is the poster girl of passive-reactiveness (a total bottom sub who wants to be sexxed up all the time but doesn't say it because it's embarrassing). They are a very incompatible pairing.

Did Nanase really had a GF all that time or just called Yuni her girlfriend and was satisfied with it?

The latter. Nanase is like a character from a yuri manga from forty or fifty years ago: she thinks it's all about platonic feelings, looking into each other's eyes and sighing.

When she "claimed" Yuni in this chapter, Nanase acted so dominant and overpowering (I'm tempted to say manly lol) you'd think she finally woke up and saw the light. Yuni certainly seems to believe it. Me, I have my doubts. If Yuni expects Nanase to bang her on a regular basis from now on, I suspect Yuni is going to be very disappointed.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

The author seems to have a thing for a particular type of girl: blonde, well-shaped, attractive, with a slim waist and bulging boobs. And, personality-wise, a bubbly airhead. Kinda makes me wonder if the author isn't an American white man, because 90% of them share that pref. ;>

Hahaha.
Maybe we'll get a shy, black-haired meganekko in the future. You know, for variety.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

This manga's name in Japanese is Aishita Bundake Aishite Hoshii!
And I read somewhere that fans call it ShitaShite for short.

I dunno about you but it sure made me giggle, tee hee hee.
Here's a story full of shitty people, and it's called what? "Shitashite!" lol

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

"Caesar's wife must be above suspicion."

Or rather, to give a faithful translation of the Latin saying:

"It's not enough for Caesar's wife to be virtuous, she must also appear to be virtuous."

Jeanne Mathison
J<->M discussion 04 Jun 02:16
joined May 24, 2019

I wonder if Junichi has a girlfriend? Or at least a kabakura girl he favors?

It would be silly to posit that a man like him lives a life of chastity. There gotta be women in his life. Whoever they are, it's gonna be good fun when they come visiting for an impromptu booty call. Huh huh.

J has one of the worst cases of chūnibyō I've ever seen.

Look at his daily life: everything is posing! Even when he's all alone! Every little thing he does is just for the sake of roleplaying his childish fantasy of "hard-boiled"-ness. I seriously think he hasn't matured one year beyond the age of 12.

Forget about him having a woman. He probably thinks girls have cooties.

joined May 24, 2019

Huh, that was the worst cross dressing ever. I mean, anyway, I love this villainess stuff, when it's yuri, so yay!!!

Lol- i agree. How is she fooling anyone like that? Especially with the long hair. She looks exactly like a woman dressed up in a prince's outfit.

Strange. To me, she seemed taller and with a more masculine body shape.
For now, and while waiting for clarification in further chapters, I'm on the side of those who think she used body alteration magic.

(It would in fact be a very original premise for a yuri manga, an almost unheard of development that I'd love to see: a main character who can turn herself into a real man, a strapping ikemen with a male body, a d*ck and everything. Now that is something that would make her girlfriend sexually confused as all hell, lmao.)

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Hurray for lesbian bars, I guess?

No, hurray for RISA.

After 8 chapters of incompetence and uselessness, Risa stepped in and solved the problem. Whew!

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Delicious drama that is also quite reasonable.

I love this story so much. The author doesn't sugarcoat anything.

It would have been very easy to write a fairytale about two girls who spurn the inhuman life of corporate employees and run from the city to find happiness in the boondocks. It would have been easy and it would have been terribly fake, too. This mangaka doesn't pull any punches. I absolutely love how committed to realism she is.

Oof, this series has really become a study in how capitalism & the school>uni>career paradigm hurts and breaks down people who don't fit into it. Depressing and relatable.

Quite the accomplishment, right? There are so many yuri mangas out there with a lead character who has a job at some company and whose life is a daily hell (overwork. office bullying, not enough sleep, excessive drinking, etc. etc.) but then — wait for it — she finds love and all's right with the world!! Sigh. It's refreshing to read for once a story that shows modern life as it really is and makes a point of not hiding the dark side of anything.

last edited at May 1, 2023 5:51PM

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019
Rlus654-1649536971780550656-img1

Hair genetics: Orange + Pink = Sky blue?

joined May 24, 2019

Lovely. But does the title page say there’s a third one between this one and the first? I can’t seem to find it.

Yep, it's a little confusing though. To clarify, there's...

Sex: the original anthology oneshot introducing the characters
Flirt: a collection of short side stories/vignettes
Kiss: ongoing series (this is the 1st chapter) that moves the story forward

So the second book (Flirt) is essentially a bunch of bonus scenes. Hasn't been translated/uploaded yet AFAIK, I'll probably get around to it.

Looking at this « Contents » page...

https://dynasty-scans.com/system/releases/000/026/558/001.png

... there are two relevant works listed here:

On page 3: I Don't Know Why, but I Suddenly Wanted to Have Sex with My Coworker Who Sits Next to Me
On page 141: I Don't Know Why, but I Suddenly Wanted to Make Out with My Lover

The third installment would be this here work (For Some Reason Suddenly I Wanted to Kiss the Coworker Who Sits Next to Me) and the three stories form a continuity. The 2nd one of the three, the one listed as being on page 141 of the anthology ("I Suddenly Wanted to Make Out" which this translator words as "I Suddenly Wanted to Flirt" but it's obviously the same thing), should be the one missing.

joined May 24, 2019

Shipping Kosuzume-sensei and her editor is wrong. :-(

hahahaha I will try not to.....

I was also oddly confused by my feelings in that afterward.

No, Kosuzume-san, don't do it!
You can't dump your rich and generous husband for some lady editor!
Remember he's the father of your children!

I don't know if you realize it but "think of the children" is a favorite line of the male-controlled establishment. It's the number one shitty line they tell a woman to guilt-trip her into not leaving an unhappy bond. I know you were joking but the joke is in bad taste.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

The unnamed patrons who crowd the tavern are not just background filling. They are the secret heroes of the story.

I love how they keep ordering food and drinks no matter what happens. (I really feel like some umeshu and croquettes right now!)

And the EXPLOSION OF REJOICING when the waitress finally gathers the courage to ask Midori her contact info? Epic, that.

That was not what she was supposed to ask!! Grr.

The meaning of Midori's words is transparent. « You see, I did my best and broke up with my asshole boyfriend! Now it's your turn to do your best! Do what you have to do! » It's fucking obvious she has realized Kyouko's feelings and wants Kyouko to confess!!!!

Midori knows these things take courage so she made a public display of courage to inspire Kyouko.

And how does Kyouko react? She barely manages to ask Midori her contacts!! Rejoice? Pshaw. Talk about a letdown. :(

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

The media in the Taisho era were not very different from the media today, I see.

That newspaper could have been the NYT or the Post frontpaging about Russia or China.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Nanase... look at the two melonpan girls. They're prolly just friends but I swear to Gawd they act way more like girlfriends than you and Yuni!

Bet they're secretly dating. Or in love but neither has confessed yet. They need their own manga: "Our yuri love that started with a melonpan!"

This is my new canon. Melonpan yuri ftw!

I have no problem offending them: it was, and still is, trash machine translation by someone who doesn't know either English or Japanese.

Some people insisted I take over, because the translation on MD is godawful.

Kirin-kun, I speak for a great many people when I say that I'm very glad that you are working on this wonderful series. If there's a manga that deserves a translation of the highest caliber, it's this one for sure. Thank you for your commitment!

Jeanne Mathison
Omajinai discussion 27 Jan 10:05
joined May 24, 2019

The way I understood it was that Kei has caught Saki scouring shoujo manga for love advice, without realizing that Saki was actually into her. Since the shoujo romance fiction is targeted primarily at teenagers, any love lessons it may contain are necessarily simplistic and hardly applicable to a situation where two useless adults are scared to take the first step out of a rather toxic relationship. Hence while Kei disparages Saki's consumption of shoujo manga, the great irony is that she is just about as immature as her.

I think you're right. Kei was basically trying to say “You're so childish you read shoujo manga!” only she worded it in a somehow convoluted way.

joined May 24, 2019

joined May 24, 2019

The assumption that your teen years are the best, more shining and radiant part of your life—and that as soon as you reach legal majority you become a decaying thing that can only crawl in the rotting morass of adulthood all the way to your death—is very much a common Japanese idea... but it isn't at all a Western idea; more like the opposite, in fact. I'm surprised nobody felt offended by this strip and reacted with anger.

I guess we've all already been mentally colonized by the Japanese. :P Come to think of it, I haven't read any rants against lolicon manga in a long time...

Why would we feel offended?

They call "decaying" people of thirty something. It's a pretty strong word.

I know right? The cult of childhood and teenhood in Japan is simply baffling to Occidentals. Especially in Protestant countries: it goes against the whole tradition of Reformed Christianity. Japan is the only country in the world were a woman of 25 is a decrepit old-timer no man would pay attention to.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Alfas y omegas son tipos de personajes que se encuentran el el "omegaverso" (nombre que viene de "omega + universo").

El omegaverso es un universo alternativo creado por varios autores de historias de ficción.

En nuestro mundo las personas se dividen biológicamente entre machos y hembras, dos géneros.

En el omegaverso, las personas, además de dividirse entre machos y hembras, se dividen también entre alfas, betas y omegas. Hay dos géneros y tres clases. El resultado es que hay 6 tipos biológicos de seres humanos en vez de haber sólamente dos. Esos tipos son hombres alfa, beta y omega, y mujeres alfa, beta y omega.

Esto cambia las reglas del juego sexual y crea un universo en que el romance y el erotismo funcionan de forma diferente y el espectro de posibilidades es mucho más grande.

Es así como lo explicas. Creo que originalmente los que inventaron el concepto del "omegaverso" se inspiraron en las jaurías de lobos, con sus alfas, betas y omegas que pueden ser machos o hembras y cambian sus relaciones según su jerarquía. Claro que otras cosas (como que una chica puede causar el embarazo de otra chica o incluso de un chico) son fantasía total. XD

Hace un tiempo lo que se escribía eran sobre todo historias BL pero ahora se encuentra mucho yuri. Por lo que he leído a las autoras chinas les gusta jugar con temas en que la alfa cree que es su deber ser dominante pero es una negada total, y la omega da vuelta la relación y es la que la controla. Esa serie La Perfecta Heroína tiene algo de eso.

joined May 24, 2019

I predict Yvonne will get to the tavern only to find that Elsa has been captured, bound and gagged, and is now slowly being lowered into a giant bowl of oatmeal!

Only one way to rescue her: Yvonne must solve all the riddles in a scroll before it's too late!

"There are three men on a boat. They have 4 cigarettes but don't have fire. How do they smoke?"

Ummm... the horse's name was Friday!

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Riri and Karin are the only ones for me. The reason, I guess, is that touches and kisses are my favorite part of a relationship. A girl who only wants to look at me, or listen to me, or (god help us) sniff at me all day long is just... not my idea of a desirable partner.

I had a slightly greater liking for Riri before, but Karin has gotten so much screen time lately and has grown so much as a character that it's difficult not to be rooting for her now. She seriously and sincerely proposed to Mei. She asked Mei to get into a committed relationship with her. Mei gave an ambiguous "I like you but I'm not ready" sort of reply, so now Karin is giving her time while trying to get them to know each other better and become closer. And as she does this, because she's a reasonable girl, she doesn't expect Mei to forswear flirting with other women (since they haven't actually committed to each other yet) and of course she doesn't hold back either from doing the same thing.

And this leads us to the scene in this chapter where she makes out with that cute kohai girl and finds out, after kissing her, that it wasn't all that enjoyable... because she has kissed Mei before; and this, she realizes, has made her lose interest in other girls' lips. Because it's just not the same. In other words, kissing Mei to her was like:

Tbh this is so incredibly ROMANTIC it has totally swept me off my feet and now all I can think of is that I want Mei to stop being a dummy and accept Karin's feelings. (Sorry, Riri-chan, I still like you, but... >_< ) Heck, I mean, come on, that line about rejecting Karin because she feels she's not good enough for her? That's the oldest cliché in the book of romance tropes, and it was as dumb the first time it was ever used as it is today!!! For gossake, Mei, if she says you're the right one then you're the right one, stop overthinking things!!!!!!

Just what you said. This was without a doubt the most romantic moment in the plot so far. Karin has benefitted enormously from all her visibility in the recent issues. The other ones aren't that well fleshed out yet.

'course their time will come. Harem needs balance, it's the golden rule.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Yeah looking up recipes is a good idea, I've done it before but it slipped my mind because whenever I think of recipes I think of a physical book probably due to how I grew up haha

I got so inspired by our thread last night that I went out and found this recipe for a mini peach pie in an oui jar (friggin love those things, they allow me to safely portion out desserts without triggering my GI disorder): https://wakethewolves.com/healthy-peach-pie/ Very few ingredients and it can be made in my airfryer, so no big drag on electricity either!

Coconut sugar? Oh, that caught my interest. I'm definitely making this!

joined May 24, 2019

Clearly Akane must be related to Chiaki.

I can think of more than one trait they have in common. Which one caught your attention?

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019
101068239_p0

When her tits are grabbed, she should react like the cow (minotaur) girls from Ishuzoku Reviewers and say: “Iya da moooooooooooooooooo!”

joined May 24, 2019

Iirc Ena is either a bottom who can top if needed, or a switch who is bottom-leaning in preference, right?

Nanao made the funniest faces all along the chapter, but actually I was more amused looking at Ena's face and the way her expressions change while she interacts with Nanao and little by little learns more about her.

You can guess her thoughts from meeting in the street all the way to the bed. How her evaluation of Nanao gets more and more precise until, in the end, she reaches the conclusion: “Yeaaah... I'm SO topping today.”

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

What's this about a "not even me" line? Who said that when? I'm a bit lost.