Forum › Posts by HuckaLeroo

HuckaLeroo
Citrus + discussion 19 Jun 22:40
Foxy-400x320
joined May 15, 2019

@Bolsilludo June 19, 2019 4:05PM

Meh.. i found this sequel very boring

You are not the only one. Still scratching my (as of today) balding head as to why it exists.

last edited at Jun 20, 2019 12:10PM

HuckaLeroo
Citrus + discussion 19 Jun 22:34
Foxy-400x320
joined May 15, 2019

Oi!! Pardon this interruption, but I just have to do a quick shout out...

@Blastaar, @matsuri_wins, @Serenata, @Nismy etc. (can't remember all of the many names off the top of my head, please forgive the omission, but you are appreciated.)

I just spent the last 9 hours on a (work day) going through these damn comments. Y'all (amazingly) motivated me to do so as a relative newcomer to the series, who was tired of scratching/banging my head at all of the questionable authorial choices. I'd seen the series around for a couple of years, but it just seemed too angsty/juvenile for my old geezer taste (sadly, it appears I was right). This has been a great adventure on how not to do Yuri (just my 2 cents and remember...it ain't worth much).

Thanks to all of the yelling I've been doing in agreement, two neighbors have called the police (due to fear of me being murdered), my voice is now ridiculously horse, and my dog will not come out of the closet. None the less, I AM LIVING for your insights. Your perspectives are priceless, and I only wish that somebody from Citrus team actually reached out to the wise folks in this forum for feedback, in terms of helping to tell a much more effective and nuanced story (would have been FOOKING AMAZING). Keep up the great work, godspeed, and I only hope that future authors are taking notes.

Now, back to the regularly scheduled DR family cat-fighting...

last edited at Jun 20, 2019 11:58AM

HuckaLeroo
Citrus discussion 19 Jun 17:48
Foxy-400x320
joined May 15, 2019

@YunFang92 August 18, 2018 12:11PM

I went through 4 relationships, messed around with 6 diff. people (one night stand and one date type of thing) through these years and finally the end of Citrus comes...and boy was it boring AF. Yuzu steps up, asks Mei to marry her, and Mei says yes yes, a thousand times yes, then says I love you, then the writer recklessly marries them all in one chapter, without explanation of how long they had to waited to marry, the process of their marriage, where they married, where they are now?
But you know what I am more disappointed about... WHERE IS OUR LEWD SCENE?! Even Kase-san the fluffy manga that we all know and love gave us a lewd scene!!

I will say this once more, Kase-san was the one that truly deserves the 12-13 episode animation, not just some rushed movie. It deserves more recognition than this overhyped and prolonged series.

Glad its freaking over, angry that the writer wants to make a "spin-off" series, because I am soooo sick of these characters and with the way the mangaka finished this it looks like they are sick of it too.

End of Rant.

I approve this message.

last edited at Jun 20, 2019 12:07PM

HuckaLeroo
Citrus + discussion 19 Jun 16:07
Foxy-400x320
joined May 15, 2019

@Gibfady June 19, 2019 3:40PM

Welllllll........I have trouble caring about this series anymore, but I try.

They don't do anything. I'm hoping Sabu is just going back in time to solve some things. We haven't gotten our lovey dovey, or story development, because the end of the original series was so fake and sped up.

I'm hoping we start building a story again in volume 2, but I've been depressed and shamed by this series before in chapter 36, which was milking what fans this series had for probably final volume sales.

So...we're not getting Haru Matsu? Are we getting any pairings? Why does everything have to be so boring? I hope Mei comes out of her shell.

In my dream mind I think and hope that Sabu is just setting up where she wants her story to go. Dates? Intimacy? Anything, other characters? I think these latest chapters, volume 1, will read way better when released as one manga.

Gotta' say, I've been losing my enthusiasm. Saburouta just doesn't seem to be capable/want to write a good story. That hurts to say. She can write cute trash, but when are we going to start getting the real thing? These girls won't even fucking TOUCH each other. Sigh.

Sabluballs and other cute shit, it's getting mighty tiresome. I try to have faith but I feel like we're going the wrong way. Sabu might be a complete idiot.

^ x2

last edited at Jun 20, 2019 12:11PM

HuckaLeroo
Citrus + discussion 19 Jun 16:05
Foxy-400x320
joined May 15, 2019

@Blastaar June 19, 2019 2:11PM

This forum is completely black and white, people either say "Citrus is perfect i luv it" or "Citrus is garbage we need to lynch Saburouta." Is there no such thing as "Citrus is good, but it has some flaws"?

If you would actually read the Dynasty forums on this series and on the original series you would know that this statement is completely and utterly false. Between the two forums there are literally dozens of posts saying exactly the thing you claim that people never say.

Saburouta clearly likes to take time developing her stories and characters. If you don't have the patience for that, this probably isn't the manga for you. Just don't come into the discussion and go out of your way to tell all the people who enjoy it "um AKSHUALLY tHiS iS tRaSh!!"

By the time this series came out, quite a few readers who had been huge fans at first, and others who liked many things about it and saw considerable potential in it (like me), had become quite disgusted with the inept, aimless story structure and the laughably rushed ending. Your lecture is entirely out of place—by this time we know very well what Saburouta is as a storyteller.

In fact, before that botched ending there were extensive discussions about the very subject of this chapter—speculations about how the Aihara Academy bureaucratic structure worked, and how Mei might find a way to convince them to let her take over, including lemon-squeezing analysis of Japanese inheritance procedures, etc.

If we had been given a few more substantive chapters like this in the appropriate place in the story instead of, for example, several chapters of people wandering around the fireworks festival, those previously sympathetic readers would be much more willing to cut the author a break now.

^ The. Fucking. Truth.

last edited at Jun 20, 2019 12:12PM

HuckaLeroo
Citrus + discussion 19 Jun 13:45
Foxy-400x320
joined May 15, 2019

@matsuri_wins June 19, 2019 12:08PM

Can someone provide some clarity as it pertains to the Citrus+ timeline? Is it supposed to be an alternate timeline or a continuation of the initial series?? It seems like a continuation given how it's incorporating some of the key canon elements of the first installment, (rings, proposal, Matsuri's enrollment into the academy etc.) even though it regresses in other aspects (marriage, age, living together etc.) I'm kind of scratching my head here as to where this story is supposed to go. After 6 chapters is still appears to be very much a Mei/Yuzu focused story, although the ending of Citrus pretty much summed up their high school story arc (even if it was a bit rushed). I know that we won't get a clear idea of what the endgame is for several more chapters, but I'm still super confused as to what timetable this story is travelling in.

P.S If this topic has already been covered in a previous post then I apologize for the retread (chalk it up to me being lazy and not going through 500+ comments.) Please and thank you :)

Citrus+ is about what happened between Mei accepting Yuzu’s ring at Udagawa’s house and their wedding party. Presumably all those last pages summarizing the timeskip will be there.

Hmmm...okayyy...so this series is essentially a miquel? That's one way to go about progression, and it kind of makes sense, (maybe??) but, why bill it as a sequel if that's the case?

Hopefully, the author can keep the canon intact while fixing some critical plot holes. It probably would have been a much smoother transition to just pick up with them as college students or happily married adults. Again, in spite of how rushed the ending of Citrus was and the huge gap it had, it did conclusively wrap this arc up. Kind of feels like a retread of familiar yet less angsty ground at this point, with the author having to do a lot more work of filling in unnecessary blanks. But then again (and hopefully) she may be able to pull it off.

Just my 2 cents and it ain't worth much.

last edited at Jun 20, 2019 12:13PM

HuckaLeroo
Citrus + discussion 19 Jun 11:55
Foxy-400x320
joined May 15, 2019

Can someone provide some clarity as it pertains to the Citrus+ timeline? Is it supposed to be an alternate timeline or a continuation of the initial series?? It seems like a continuation given how it's incorporating some of the key canon elements of the first installment, (rings, proposal, Matsuri's enrollment into the academy etc.) even though it regresses in other aspects (marriage, age, living together etc.) I'm kind of scratching my head here as to where this story is supposed to go. After 6 chapters is still appears to be very much a Mei/Yuzu focused story, although the ending of Citrus pretty much summed up their high school story arc (even if it was a bit rushed). I know that we won't get a clear idea of what the endgame is for several more chapters, but I'm still super confused as to what timetable this story is travelling in.

P.S If this topic has already been covered in a previous post then I apologize for the retread (chalk it up to me being lazy and not going through 500+ comments.) Please and thank you :)

last edited at Jun 19, 2019 11:57AM