Forum › Posts by Fairypixie24

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

^ Shen's subordinate, the cute meganekko girl, gets the award for Wingwoman of the Month!

joined Apr 6, 2019

People who make clothing use scissors, not shears. Shouldn't the award be Golden Scissors?

Then again... everyone would start making silly jokes about tribbing... ¯⧵_(ツ)_/¯

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

joined Apr 6, 2019

This manga is just like A Room For Two. Just happy couple cuteness, healing the readers.

Yes. Yes it is.

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019
Amlichan-1623838903365926912-img1

The sleep mask she has on her head in the second scene (the kiss) seems to have appeared from nowhere?

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

Please notice how everyone calls the old lady "Grandma Li" but Xiaoen calls her "Li-jie" which means "Older Sister Li" in Mandarin Chinese.

Xiaoen is clearly very conscious of matters of seniority and ranks. ;-) As far as she is concerned, she and that granny are of the same generation!

How dare a 19-year-old baby try to woo her of all people!?

That damn gerontophile!!

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

Nooooo it's over say it ain't so!

At least it has a real conclusion, unlike Sisterism.

joined Apr 6, 2019

And feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

You're not wrong.

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

It's also worth noting that Mu is guaranteeing her apartment (iirc), so there is a somewhat problematic power dynamic there

Number one dumbest comment in all this thread, so congrats I guess.

Rude.

Tbh there's been a few comments that, objectively speaking, were dumber (about racism in Europe in the 1930s) but they have all been deleted by now—so we can posit in fairness that the comments about problematic power dynamics are the new number one.

last edited at Feb 6, 2023 5:52PM

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

One time I read a seinen manga (seinen = "for grown-up men") with an office worker mc who hit it off with a comely lady and started going out with her. They went on dates and always ended the night having sex in a love hotel. One day she moved in with him. Their life became the life of a married couple; they naturally fell into the roles of working man and housewife. After a couple of years they started thinking about tying the knot for real, and had serious talks about what kind of wedding would be best. They even talked about children. Everything seemed to be going fine... when suddenly she went all moody and glum and sullen, and appeared to be irritated at him. He had no clue what was going on. Then one morning she faced him, hands on her hips, and demanded angrily that he say "I love you" to her! Yeah, because up to that point, according to her, he had never said those words! The guy paled, staggered back as if kicked in the gut, started sweating... and then claimed that it was WAY too early for that! His heart wasn't ready for something so big and she needed to give him more time. Like, a few more years!

The story, of course, was a parody. It poked fun at some classic problems of Japanese heterosexual couples—mainly at the inability of overly inhibited Japanese men to speak ther feelings. Ah, but, as we all know, all-girl couples are different! I really find it hilarious that the two ladies who make the main yuri couple in this manga have been living together, sharing a bed, having sex, and telling each other their passionate feelings of love and tenderness for fucking YEARS... and yet they still have never addressed the matter of whether they are gal pals, fling buddies, girlfriends, spouses, super friends, friends with benefits, just roommates, or what.

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

Youzi.
Flooring guys with her hook since she was 5 years old.

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

Cosas que uno aprende mirando GAP.

Yo sabía que en las redes sociales en inglés escriben "lolololololol" para expresar risa, y sabía que en Japón escriben "wwwwwwwwwwww" para lo mismo.

Ahora descubrí que en Tailandia la risa se escribe 5555555555555.

joined Apr 6, 2019

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

Bueno, nadie mencionó nada todavía así que lo voy a decir yo: GAP the Series comenzó en la fecha prevista, hace dos semanas; y pasan un episodio nuevo todos los sábados. Hasta ahora van tres episodios. Enlace para verlos online:

https://www.youtube.com/c/IDOLFACTORY

Los episodios son de alta calidad y tienen subtítulos en inglés; no hay subtítulos en español, pero no creo que sea problema para nadie de los que escribimos en este foro.

La actriz que hace de Mon no sé si me convence del todo (¿por qué eligieron a una medio-tailandesa-medio-europea que parece caucásica por donde la mires?) pero Freen, la actriz de Sam, está perfecta y actúa su papel en forma extraordinaria. Y la tensión sexual entre ellas está caliente como para incendiar tu pantalla, jajaja. Hicieron muchos pequeños ajustes a la historia original (Khun Song está viva, el perrito que Sam le confió a Mon cuando eran colegialas también...) pero en general estoy encantada con todo.

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

I loved so much Xiaoen's joke with the songs. Especially because it comes right after she displayed her amazing competence at solving problems for the local businesses.

There can't be two songs more different than 'Itch' and the song of the outlaws of the marsh.

This is a version of 'Itch' with English subtitles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsEpgti2-uw

The part Xiaoen plays "Come, live it up!" is at 47 seconds, subtitled as "Just come and have fun!"

joined Apr 6, 2019

It's been a long time, I thought the story was over. Nice that they are still releasing chapters! This was always a peach of a series. :)

last edited at Nov 12, 2022 12:57AM

joined Apr 6, 2019

Most certainly. There are many Thai series hosted in that channel, all have English subs.

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019
Chirunuru-1584370995930230785-img1

Miorine is genre-savvy and knows what happens when you try to kabedon a much taller person: they pat your head and call you cute. Problem successfully averted!

joined Apr 6, 2019

They say GAP the tv series will start airing at the end of the year. In the meanwhile, I found a new trailer. It's much longer than the previous ones, which were only 30 seconds long; this one is seven minutes and a half.

GAP The Series - Long trailer

Interesting how they tweaked some details of the plotline. In the novel there's a huge cast of girls most of whom are bisexuals, some are lesbians and a few are het. In the tv series, it would seem they decided to make every girl gay, lol. They even released a poster named THE COUPLES showing the main cast cleanly separated in five f/f couples:

Gap TV couples poster

(The two guys sitting in the middle are Kirk and Nop, the doomed suitors of the two lead ladies. Looking at the faces they are making, I guess they just realized no girl in the universe want their asses and they'll have to resign themselves to date each other...)

We finally have a definite date. Was about time, too!

Ep.1 will air in Thailand on Saturday November 19. After airing, it will be uploaded on Idolfactory official Youtube channel. There will be a new episode every Saturday.

https://www.newsdirectory3.com/idol-factory-is-ready-to-take-everyone-to-open-a-new-world-of-love-with-pink-theory-gap-the-series-19-nov-channel-maya/

(The above article is machine-translated, pay no attention to small incoherences.)

last edited at Nov 10, 2022 11:35AM

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

Por fin!!! Hay fecha de estreno para Gap la serie televisiva!

Empieza el sábado 19 y airea semanalmente a razón de un episodio todos los sábados por la noche. Después de ser aireado, el episodio es subido al canal YouTube de Idol Factory.

https://www.newsdirectory3.com/idol-factory-is-ready-to-take-everyone-to-open-a-new-world-of-love-with-pink-theory-gap-the-series-19-nov-channel-maya/

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmWKQMGD3BA

i loved the voices

algo meguru knows what she's doing

Thanks for the link!!! I had been looking for that. :D

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

I hope it ends up with the MC somehow persuading the female lead to not die

Don't we all? (niko)

joined Apr 6, 2019

I'm guessing that RELAX <-> ILUVU misunderstanding is something completely untranslatable so I feel like I shouldn't complain too much... but it felt really clunky nonetheless.

Kosterlitz already explained how it works in Japanese. I'm just going to add that the same problem happens when trying to translate to any language. You have to make choices. In the Spanish version, they went with a rhyme:

Hinamori: RE-LA-JA-TE-PRI-ME-RO
Suou: "YO-A-TI-TE-QUI-E-RO???"

Then Suou goes "Noooooo no puedes confesar ahora, chica mala!" and proceeds to win the match.

joined Apr 6, 2019

Siegmund und Sieglinde.

joined Apr 6, 2019

I predict Yvonne will get to the tavern only to find that Elsa has been captured, bound and gagged, and is now slowly being lowered into a giant bowl of oatmeal!

Only one way to rescue her: Yvonne must solve all the riddles in a scroll before it's too late!

"There are three men on a boat. They have 4 cigarettes but don't have fire. How do they smoke?"