Forum › Posts by けやき坂46

Original
joined Jan 30, 2019

No way this part-time job isn't ending with Asumi and her junior getting it on.

けやき坂46
Original
joined Jan 30, 2019

Eh there are quite a few women who think they are "asexual" before realizing they are just gay. Like late-blooming lesbians who spend years thinking they must be straight but can't feel anything.

Original
joined Jan 30, 2019

I'd worry about that age gap more than the cousincest though.

Original
joined Jan 30, 2019

That was FAST. I did think she would realize it this time but I also thought it would take her 1 or 2 more chapters to process or accept it.

But maybe, being straightforward, honest and diving headfirst is what makes Chiaki Chiaki?

けやき坂46
Yuru Yuri discussion 22 Jan 14:56
Original
joined Jan 30, 2019

I’ve been in the yuru yuri fandom since like 8th grade now im about to start college… Namori is eternal

8th grade and I'm about to pursue a doctorate... it's been almost 10 years?
I was 13 back then and it feels strange still shipping the same 13yo characters as an adult

Original
joined Jan 30, 2019

3 years of patience! A happy new year, indeed.

Original
joined Jan 30, 2019

Wait is transgender tag applicable here? Wouldn't they have been comfortable in their new bodies if they were originally trans?

けやき坂46
Original
joined Jan 30, 2019

Another manga about prostitution. Like many of us, the first chapter did not hook me. Unless I'm mistaken, they didn't talk about gay prostitution. The girls in this agency are either bi or straight. I think the top girl is at least bi or there would be no yuri.
I think the old man is either her personal manager, a family member or he is grooming her to take the company. I don't think there will be any explicit yuri. It will juste be two women who get along together but no love.
I wish I'm mistaken but after this first chapter it feels like they add the yuri at the last minute.

Yeah this is not exactly gay prostitution.

But I think the setting makes it even more realistic, or at least original and interesting. MC would be a "background character" in other manga or even in real life for many people. Landing a random/niche job like that and finding someone to crush on there? Even better if that's her first love. Like what are the odds? How often do you hear such a story?

けやき坂46
Original
joined Jan 30, 2019

I guess I am supposed to treat fiction differently but is there ANYONE in real life or heck even in non-hentai manga who acts like her older self? She's like a caricature of another caricature, if that makes sense lol

けやき坂46
Sisters discussion 27 Jul 22:31
Original
joined Jan 30, 2019

I approve of that "emotional support"

けやき坂46
Original
joined Jan 30, 2019

What saved senpai from that distracted biker (?) in the original timeline?

Original
joined Jan 30, 2019

The only reason I am frustrated is because the releases are rather slow :/

Original
joined Jan 30, 2019

there's a limit to abruptness

けやき坂46
Original
joined Jan 30, 2019

Uh... I wouldn't call this a natural development though, her time spent fantasizing the prez were longer than the diary blackmail period

Original
joined Jan 30, 2019

I don't know if it's been pointed out already but the name Gunjou Azusa is really blue

けやき坂46
Original
joined Jan 30, 2019

Subtext now?

Original
joined Jan 30, 2019

That height thing is so cute?!

けやき坂46
Original
joined Jan 30, 2019

It's a cute, sweet story. Something about the historical gay girl with a gay guy friend really hits the spot for me.

It's so heartwarming to see this kind of solidarity in modern times as well. Two types of people who are so similar and so different. An age-old tradition, indeed.

Original
joined Jan 30, 2019

"It felt like I would never find love for the rest of my life".

Damn, it really is like that for gay people in the East. You usually come across only chasers and experimenters.

けやき坂46
Original
joined Jan 30, 2019

More touhou yuri is always welcome!
Is it just me or have there been fewer doujins lately? I'm blindly guessing it's because of all the events canceled due to the virus.

けやき坂46
Original
joined Jan 30, 2019

^^I reread it and I think so too. A lot of it seems to be an everlasting psychological trauma from being exposed to the dad's ridiculous sexism and heteronormativity at a very young age (which continued into the future). It also seemed like Chiaki's body dysphoria (on page 58) is driven by external factors (sexism) rather than internal feelings of discomfort and disconnect.

Every cis weirdo thinks they’re a psychoanalyst whenever trans people are concerned I swear

What is it with the smug name-calling? I am trans and what makes you think trans people can't analyze a serious story critically instead of writing one-line trite reviews?

last edited at Apr 4, 2021 3:09AM

けやき坂46
Original
joined Jan 30, 2019

^^I reread it and I think so too. A lot of it seems to be an everlasting psychological trauma from being exposed to the dad's ridiculous sexism and heteronormativity at a very young age (which continued into the future). It also seemed like Chiaki's body dysphoria (on page 58) is driven by external factors (sexism) rather than internal feelings of discomfort and disconnect.

last edited at Apr 3, 2021 8:06PM

けやき坂46
Original
joined Jan 30, 2019

Oh wow the body dysphoria is very relatable on a deeply personal level but I am kind of worried the dad might still be as sexist/heteronormative as before and would not let his "daughters" hunt/be boyish or marry/date other women instead of men. I wish there was a part clarifying he would have supported Chiaki's interests even if Chiaki wasn't trans. Would have been even more wholesome.

けやき坂46
Original
joined Jan 30, 2019

The author really has a thing for tanned girls. These are from her magazine illustration series かっしょく!こんとらすと!(Brown! Contrast! or something like that):

https://twitter.com/aconbwakame/status/1277813569841557504
https://twitter.com/aconbwakame/status/1366287294009733120

last edited at Apr 3, 2021 10:53AM

Original
joined Jan 30, 2019

huh? quite a few manga updating exactly after a year